The Quiet Planet (Reaperbones)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: The Quiet Planet (Reaperbones)

Postby Syndos » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:39 am

She looked at him strangely when he poked her chest, but she didn't attack him. In fact she seemed to understand him, and nodded to him. "Okay but don't fall far behind. The Jungle picks off people who are alone" She warned omniously, referring back to the living plants that had been on the giant robots he had fought earlier. She then began running, and she didn't go to far ahead of him, as she stayed in the tree branches, the wolves stayed by Alex, but they didn't seem to dislike him, and occaisonally helped him keep up with Loeda when she got too far ahead.

"We are here" She spoke up, and ahead of them was a massive white complex, it looked advanced even with the flora of the jungle surrounding it, but not quite going inside. It almost seemed like a tomb to anyone else.
Syndos

Postby Reaperbones » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:57 am

Alex followed and was able to keep up fairly well despite the weight on his back. He avoided glancing up too often since he risked getting a little distracted. Something about an athletic woman climbing trees in a bikini was distracting. Who knew? The wolves by his side helped him more by giving him something else to focus and follow than by assisting him with the terrain. Once the complex was in sight, Alex stepped up next to Loeda. He spoke as he examined her. "I was gonna question why you wore so little but seeing how you moved through the trees I can guess that excess clothing just slows you down."
He turned to the facility and let out a sigh. Abandoned buildings were about the ninth most creepy local on his list. They were definitely less creepy than jungles at night though so he drew his knife and began walking towards it. He looked back at Loeda and spoke. "Thanks for guiding me. Unless you're wanting to join me into the building, I'll see you later. I owe you so don't die before I repay that debt."
Alex didn't expect Loeda to follow, although if she did he wouldn't be opposed to it. Creepy dark buildings were less terrifying with company. He began his trek towards the building listening for any danger and for an entrance.
Reaperbones

Postby Syndos » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:19 am

She shook her head at the building, and even seemed to have a scared expression on her face. As the wolves snarled at the building. "That is bad place, be careful in there. Things happened in there, strange lights and sounds" She then took out a knife, and held it out for Alex to take. "For good luck, and it scares away scary spirits" She said, while the wolves nodded their heads. She then pointed in a direction to a large blue tree. "I will be there in the morning, you can find me by following the trail" She then left him alone, after leaving the knife for him.
Syndos

Postby Reaperbones » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:30 am

Alex took the knife and gave her a wave. "Hopefully I won't be half dead when you see me next."
He examined the knife as he walked. The idea of it scaring away spirits was ridiculous, but every thought and story had a factual origin and logical explanation. So what was this knife's story? If he couldn't figure it out before reaching the building he'd tuck it into a spare pocket on his tool kit and pull out his main knife. He knew what this knife could do, and he trusted it to do it's job. If it got dark enough he'd pop a glow stick from his toolkit. His current goal was to find some sort of entrance, even if it was locked. He had enough fuel in his portable welder to cut open a door or two.
Reaperbones

Postby Syndos » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:43 am

The Knife seemed like nothing special at first, until closer inspection under light revealed it was actually an advanced piece of identification technology. But it was jagged like a knife, and as for an entrance. There was a hole in one of the walls, and there were lights inside the buildings. Though it was eerily silent, and one he stepped in, he could no longer hear the jungle, or anything at all. Other than the faint hums of the lights.
Syndos

Postby Reaperbones » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:30 pm

Alex noted the knife and dreaded the entrance. He had been hoping it was a door so he could seal it behind him. He'd rather be trapped inside with limited enemies than inside with swarms pouring in. He shrugged off the dread a focused his mind as he entered. Things he mentally took note of. This place had power and that could mean a way to recharge his rifle and the fuel cells on his back. He'd feel a lot safer with his mag rifle in hand than with two knives. The change in sound meant the place had thick and well insulated walls. It could make for a good hideout if it's not infested with hostile entities. He kept the knife at the ready as he followed the whatever path this hole lead to. His first goal would be a computer console that he could jack into and steal a map for the building. He'd check rooms as he went along for threats.
(Request to the DM, unless the room has nothing in it, I'd like to go room by room if you're okay with that. Depending on the room's contents I may have a specific actions I want to take.)
Reaperbones

Postby Syndos » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:49 pm

(Request Granted)

At first there wasn't anything in the first room other than some tattered clothes. In the Second room there were some crates, didn't contain much other than some water, and food supplies. In the third room there was an updated map of the planet, though it didn't look complete just yet. The Third Room however seemed to be locked, you would have to figure a way in. And there was a noise, it seemed you weren't alone, but the noise was mostly the sound of something clanking. Would you investigate the room, or the noise?
Syndos

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:25 am

Alex was satisfied with finding food and water, but hoping more so for something like weaponry. At least he knew he wouldn't starve to death. The locked door was his current conundrum though. Alex would inspect the door and area around it and should he find something that looked like a control panel or some other means of unlocking it and see if he had the skills and tools to open it. If he didn't then he'd go with plan 2. Find the source of the noise and if need be put his knife in it repeatedly.
Reaperbones

Postby Syndos » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:27 am

Sadly the control panel was badly damaged beyond repair, and it seemed you had option two. So as you investigated the noise, the sounds kept getting louder, and louder. And then from around the corner you could see a person crouched down trying to get some items, they were wearing a lab coat, and you couldn't see much of them right away. Then they stood up, and turned around holding a wrench. And you could see her clearly.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Syndos

Postby Reaperbones » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:02 pm

(I'm assuming she's wearing the dress in the picture.)
Alex had felt himself tensing up as he approached the source of the noise. He was confident in his skills with a knife against a human, but what about an alien or a robot? If it's too big then stabbing and cutting with a six inch blade might be pointless. He reached a corner and could tell the noise was around it. He readied himself by taking a deep breath and popped around the corner knife at the ready. What he saw around the corner made him stop in his tracks and drop the knife to his side. He had found himself a scientist. Initially his thoughts were only about the fact that he had finally found somebody who could explain the situation in detail since all he could see was the lab coat. That thought process kind of crashed when the scientist turned around and he spotted a large bosom barely contained by a black dress. All of a sudden he became a bit self-conscious about the fact that he was wearing a pair of forest camo BDU's and a black T-shirt. He reminded himself that he was on the job and not in a club looking for a girlfriend. He stood up straight and spoke with a serious tone. "Hello ma'am, I'm Captain Alex Randal of United Space Forces. I have a few questions about what's been going on around here."
He relaxed a bit while he waited for her response, and adjusted his toolkit on his back. In the back of his mind he was wondering if she wasn't wearing panties since it was obvious she wasn't wearing a bra. Her lab coat had blocked his view from when she was crouched down.
Reaperbones

Postby Syndos » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:16 am

Yes she is XD

The Woman gasped when she saw you at first, and nearly screamed. But then when you started talking, she seemed relieved very fast. "Where do I even begin Sir? There was an experiment it didn't exactly go well" She said, putting her arms in a cross position, this caused her to push her breasts up a bit, enhancing the cleavage. "I was one of the few people unaffected, and well I was here to scavenge for supplies, I never expected to run across another person" She said walking up to you with a smile.
Syndos

Postby Reaperbones » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:49 am

Alex wasn't even surprised that it was an experiment gone wrong. He let out a sigh and spoke as she finished her statement. "Why is it always an experiment gone wrong?"
She crossed her arms and Alex noted that if she put anymore upward force on her chest he'd be able to tell what color her nipples were. She spoke of being one of the few unaffected which worried him. Rampant robots were easy, even an alien force was easy to handle, but infected humans were a lot more difficult due to morality. The question he always wondered was if it was mercy killing or murder when he had to kill a sick person. He spoke as she closed the distance. "I'm glad I found a survivor. I'd really rather not have to handle this with little to no knowledge of the situation. Alright I've got questions and you've got answers. My first question is how this building has power when all of my electronics went dead almost as soon as I hit atmosphere. Can you show me where the generator for this building is? You can explain to me what the experiment was while I try to jerry-rig some sort of power source for my rifle. I want something stronger than a knife."
Alex presented his mag rifle as he explained.

Trying to decide if I want some comedy thrown into this like someone tripping and something lewd happening. What's your opinion?
Reaperbones

Postby Syndos » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:56 pm

"The Experiment was to improve the speedyness of Terra Forming, but it went horribly wrong. Most of the Scientists were devoured by the local plant life, and I think one person may have been mutated. But I dunno, it was all so sudden" She then gasped as she tripped falling towards your chest, and she blushed as she tried to steady herself.

(I like the ideal.)
Syndos

Postby Reaperbones » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:07 pm

Alex had returned the rifle to his back while she spoke. He was about to make a comment along the lines of 'this is why we don't fuck with nature' when she tripped and fell onto him. He caught her fairly easily, but not by the shoulders as he planned. One hand gained a hold of her right shoulder, but his other had found her bosom quicker. He spoke as he gave her right breast a firm squeeze. "So they are real..."
He then blushed crimson and quickly returned her to her feet. Releasing her he spoke with a hurried voice. "Sorry about that ma'am. Won't happen again. Please lead the way to the generator if you know where it is. Otherwise follow me and stay close, don't want something else grabbing you."
He realized that something in his pants had attempted hardening but the blood that was meant to go there instead went to his face. Unless she stopped him or took the lead, he planned to continue his search for the generator.

(Image)
Reaperbones

Postby Syndos » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:39 pm

She stopped him, and had a blush on her face, as she pressed herself against him once again. "That's not fair, you get to grab me. And then I have to wait, wouldn't you rather?" She asked slowly caressing Alex with one hand, while the other hand of hers went to take off her clothes.
Syndos

Postby Reaperbones » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:25 am

Alex almost stumbled when she pressed herself against him again. She spoke with seductive words and ran her hands along his face. He wanted so badly to accept her offer, but he had to refuse. It was too dangerous out in the open like this. He grabbed her hands and pulled them together in front of him. He spoke as he held them. "Look ma'am I don't want to offend you, but right now I can't accept such an offer. I would love to, but we aren't safe. Let's find the generator and figure out what our options are. After we're done we'll lock up supply room and rest for the night. Now stay close, I don't want to risk losing you."
He let her hands go and drew his knife again. He signalled for her to follow him as he began searching for the generator or whatever was powering the building. He'd keep an eye on the scientist. After a few steps he'd chuckle and ask while they walked. "You know I still haven't heard your name?"
Reaperbones

Postby Syndos » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:17 am

"My name is Alicia Coretu" She introduced herself with a smile as they walked further down into the abandoned building, and she looked around somewhat nervous as she heard odd noises but it wasn't anything really just sounds a building would make mostly.
Syndos

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:44 am

Alex smiled at Alice before returning his focus to the walk. He tried to estimate how far inside the building he had gone before he spoke. "So have you spotted anything particularly odd in this building? Machines moving without power or when damaged beyond repair?"
Alex thought back to the two robots he had shot up in the forest. He also thought back to the Amazonian woman who had helped him. He shook his head and focused on the path ahead. He needed to find that generator and figure out how to make his rifle work.
Reaperbones

Postby Syndos » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:00 pm

"No not really since well there was a flash of light, and then I woke up. Then I came across you" She pouted as she felt guilty for not being able to remember things.
Syndos

Postby Reaperbones » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:35 am

Welcome back friend. Oh the link for the scientist's picture has expired so iffin you want to track it down again.

Alex let out a sigh as he listened to her. He spoke after stopping and looking around. "Well that's not much to go on...Whatever it can't be helped. You said that scientists were devoured by the plants? Did that happen before or after the flash of light?"
Alex took another step before stopping and speaking out loud. "Where is the bloody generator in this building?"
Reaperbones

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games