The Quiet Planet (Reaperbones)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

The Quiet Planet (Reaperbones)

Postby Syndos » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:15 pm

Reaperbones Wrote:Image
Name: Alex Randal
Call sign: Bones
Skills:
Excellent mechanic with some programming skills.
Excellent Marksman
Trained CQC combatant
Weaknesses:
Limited Medical knowledge
Most of his gear is electronic and can be disabled through EMPs or just by running out of power.
Equipment:
Standard Armored Exo-suit with basic physical strength amplifiers.
Toolbox complete with even a portable welder.
Standard issue Mag-rifle with 4x zoom scope. Fires solid metal rounds using magnetic fields.
Standard issue CQC knife with shocker attachment. Can be used like a basic taser with sheath.
Personality: Fairly calm with an cheerful disposition. Doesn't give up easily and believes there is always a solution. Protective of others. When fighting he becomes cold with the opinion that threats are to be removed by any means necessary.
Bio: Grew up on a military space station floating around Jupiter. Had a pretty normal beginnings with school being a priority. When he was about fourteen he signed up for the military academy and was sent off for training. By sixteen he has finished all his standard classes and was focusing on mechanics and electronics. Preferring to work with a physical object when performing repairs. He took a couple programming languages on the side, but while he understood the concept he had an issue with the lack of physical interaction. At 18 he began his military career and since then has been promoted to captain in the United Space Forces.

You were soon called into an office by one your superiors. "Alex you are one of our best. We have a mission for you" The shadowy superior gave Alex a folder. It was about a science complex on the multi biome planet of Rauzle 34, had gone silent. "We want you to go there, and find out what has happened to them" The person said. As Alex's ship would be ready for him in the docks already.
Syndos

Re: The Quiet Planet (Reaperbones)

Postby Reaperbones » Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:04 pm

Alex had been enjoying his break from missions when he got called in to see his superior. He was handed a folder and simple orders. Go and find out what happened at the science complex. It was almost ridiculous how often this seemed to happen. He gave a salute and spoke. "Sir yes, sir."
He left the room and quickly went to the armory to gather his gear. He first put on his exosuit (Picture below since I forgot to put in the profile) before grabbing his weaponry and tool box. Once done in the armory he proceeded to the hanger where he ship was waiting. The next steps between getting in the ship and taking off consisted mostly of system checks. Once complete and he was given the all clear, he joked. "Ten credits says someone spilled coffee on the communication relay."
Once in space he'd let autopilot take over and proceed to gather and store whatever important information was in the folder in his suit. He focused on any crew records, research records, and blueprints of the facility.
Reaperbones

Postby Syndos » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:15 pm

There were no blueprints, as it seemed that the whole planet was supposed to be off record. That was suspicous enough, the crew records were also classified. The only thing it talked about, was something about studying the local wildlife, and that was all it would say.

"Sir we will be arriving to the planet in a few hours, would you like any of your movies turned on?" The female voice of your ship's ai asked.
Syndos

Postby Reaperbones » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:03 am

Alex hated classified missions. They were the most cliche of the cliche when it came to interstellar military bullshit. He would be going in essentially blind. Well could be worse. He could be going in blind and unarmed. The ship AI asked him if he wanted some movies to be put on while he waited. He considered it but shook his head. He spoke with a sigh. "No I'm just gonna sleep. I have a feeling I won't get much sleep after I reach the planet. Do me a favor and wake me about thirty minutes before reaching the planet's atmosphere. I want to do a final weapons check before hitting ground."
He leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes. It was easy for him to reach a light slumber. His annoyance with the classified bullshit would fade as he slept so he could awaken with a clear mind.
Reaperbones

Postby Syndos » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:44 pm

"As you wish sir" The AI replied with her sultry voice. The rest of your mission was proceeding with no interruptions. At least until your ship let you know, that you had reached the planet.

That was when things went down the creek so to speak. Immediately your ship went silent when it entered the atmosphere, and prompty shut down. And instead of a nice gentle landing to the facility, you were now crashing in freefall to god knows where. Though you could see a lot of jungle where you were headed.

Luckily your ship was made of tougher stuff, so you survived the crash. However your ship was beyond repair, you would need a new engine, and lots of other stuff. So now you were left with a choice, would you stay to try, and fix the comms? Or go out and explore.
Syndos

Postby Reaperbones » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:54 pm

Alex had woken up we a fairly cheerful disposition. Get mission donee, go home, and relax. That was his plan. His disposition changed when the ship shut down and hew as forced to guide it to the ground in freefall. His landing was sub par but at least he was alive. After taking a few minutes to gather his gear and look ovr his ship he made a decision, hoof it to the facility. Whatever took out his ship's power will most likely prevent any distress signals from escaping the atmosphere. He gave his suit and weapons one final check over to make sure they were functional before heading in the direction of the facility with all sensors fully active. He doubted tere was anything here that could penetrate his exo but he'd rather not give anything a chance to prove him wrong.
Reaperbones

Postby Syndos » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:47 pm

The atmosphere seeemed similiar to earth, if not for the giant flying animals flying through the air. It also felt like you were being watched. Though nothing really happened for a while as you explored the jungle, that was until you saw some a beautiful woman skinning a giant animal.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Syndos

Postby Reaperbones » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:24 am

Alex was glad to have the armor of his suit between him and the creatures that flew overhead. He had gone hunting a couple times on Earth, but nothing as big as these. His focus was stolen from the animals to a noise up ahead. He attempted sneaking in his big suit for a second, but gave up after the first two stomps. He exited the bushes and spotted a woman. She was fit, scantily clad, and skinning an animal. Were he not on a mission he might flirt with her, but no time for that. He held still and let the suit project his voice through it's speaker system. "Stay where you are. Attack me and I will use force to subdue you."
He headed for the other end of the clearing while keeping her in his vision. He contemplated which would be better, the mag rifle or the stun knife should she attack.
Reaperbones

Postby Syndos » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:17 pm

She snarled at you, and almost seemed like she was going to attack you. But then she cocked her head in a direction, and then she ran away. This seemed confusing at first until you could hear sounds behind you, there were giant robots crashing through the forest. They looked like they belonged to your milliitary, except something seemed off about them. They were covered in moss, and some kind of gooey parasites. The robots stared at you, seeming to scan you.
Syndos

Postby Reaperbones » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:56 am

Alex was ready to fight the Amazon when she snarled. His knife could function. As a Taser and he was aggravated enough to let loose on her. He was almost relieved when he saw her run, but then the robots appeared. They were infested with some organism, and Alex got a bad feeling. Rules number one when dealing with robots. If you're not sure they are on your side, break them. You're life is worth more than some machine. He quickly raised his mag rifle and opened fire on the nearest one. He moved to cover while letting loose aiming for the sensors and joints of the machine. When one fell he would aim for the next and continue his assault. Should they get too close or his cover is destroyed, he will fall back and reposition to continue his attack.
Reaperbones

Postby Syndos » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:15 pm

It was a sound strategy at first, as one of the robots fell to their mechanical knees making heavy thudding noise. The next one however seemed to shield itself from that, and then the other one got back up as the strange organisms on it glowed, and it stood up fully shielded. Then both of them destroyed your cover, so yes.

It would probably be a good time to run. Though you probably had a feeling of being watched.
Syndos

Postby Reaperbones » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:42 pm

Alex let out a silent cheer as one of the robots fell. His cheer ended when it decided to get back up. The organisms on it had glowed first, and Alex made a note of that. With his cover rapidly disappearing he made the decision to retreat. He fired another volley at them while falling back. If he was able to get out of sight of them he would stow his weapon and go into a full sprint. He'd try to put at least a mile of distance between them before he took a rest and checked his GPS. He would need a new route to the base.
Reaperbones

Postby Syndos » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:52 pm

You did manage to lose them, however things only seemed to get worse. When you opened your gps, it would not turn on, and on top of that none of your weapons worked. It seemed that you were in some sort of deadzone forest.

There was a rustling noise, and the woman from earlier appeared watching you. With a curious expression in her eyes.
Syndos

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:40 am

Alex made a mental list of good and bad when his gps and mag rifle cut out. Bad news: he had no ranged weaponry, and he'd have to wait till night to even attempt to navigate by stars top that off with his suit only acting as set of 60 pound armor instead a physical enhancer that allowed him throw boulders and thinks look grim. Good news: his knife and most of his tools were simple and required no electricity to utilize and he had ran in his armor without it turned on before so it was still useful. He still felt he was doing fairly good. The Amazon from early popped out of the bushes and look at him curiously. He contemplated his options before pulling his helmet off and speaking. "Hey there, you understand me?"
He spoke in whatever language was common in the galaxy. His free hand rested near his knife should he need to use it.
Reaperbones

Postby Syndos » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:28 pm

She glared at you, but didn't make a move even though she kept her hands steady on her bow and arrow. She then blinked as she saw your face outside of your helmet, and then she approached you but kept her distance. As she observed you, some wolves appeared alongside her exept they seem more humanoid, but their fur seemed harder. And they seemed to be allied with her as they had you surrounded you.

"You Human?" She asked you in a curious expression.
Syndos

Postby Reaperbones » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:20 am

Alex focused on her movements. She was unsure of him which meant he had to be careful not to make sudden moves. That arrow might not be able to penetrate his suit, but with his helmet off he was vulnerable. He looked at her wolves before speaking. "Yeah I'm human. I'm looking for the other humans that were here."
He saw her wolves move to surround him and clipped his helmet to his side. He spoke with a frown. "Look I just got attacked, so do me a favor and call your wolves back to your side before I start to feel threatened. I am not in the mood. I just want to find my allies and finish my mission."
Reaperbones

Postby Syndos » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:32 pm

"Other humans. Gone. Taken by The Under Dwellers" She said as she put away her knife, and the wolves, seemed to become less agressive, and gave you some space. She then got off the tree branch, landing with ease on the ground, and then she slowly walked towards you, and seemed to sniff you. Though she didn't actually touch you in any regard.
Syndos

Postby Reaperbones » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:50 pm

Alex remained alert, but allowed her to come closer since she had called the wolves back. Her words had him worried. If he wasn't mistaking her, the other humans were taken by subterranean creatures. Normally going underground was more annoying than worrisome, but without electricity his suit had no flashlight nor air supply. Underground sounded like stepping into enemy territory. When she started sniffing him, he chuckled. He spoke as he tapped his finger against the metal suit. "I doubt you'll get much of a scent off me in this armor. Give me a sec."
He was going out on a limb when it came to trusting this girl, but he pushed the release button on the back of his suit and slid out the back. (Think like Fallout 4) He stepped out and around it while brushing off his uniform. It felt kinda of nice to be outside of his suit. It also made him feel pretty exposed considering he didn't have any other armor. He spoke as he sized her up in comparison to his new 6'2" height. "I get the feeling that you're harmless as long as I don't piss you off. I need a bit of help navigating, could you point me in the direction of the nearest human building?"
He was hoping he could find a supply depot or something nearby that wouldn't be guarded by malfunctioning robots.
Reaperbones

Postby Syndos » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:12 am

She jumped surprised by your suit opening up, and she backed up until you came out of the suit. And then she looked at you closer as though curious as to what you were. "Hmm your one of those metal men, but also Human." She said in curiosity, and then cocked her head at your question of navigation.

"Hmm there was one place, but the humans aren't there anymore. I will take you there" Then almost as an after though she said her name. "My name is Loeda what is your name strange metal human?" She asked with curiousity.
Syndos

Postby Reaperbones » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:24 am

Alex chuckled when she commented on him being both metal and human. He waited till she moved closer and attempted to poke the center of her chest where her heart would be. He then poked at the same spot on himself while he spoke. "No I'm not metal. I'm like you. Soft, squishy, and with a beating heart. The metal men have no beating hearts and are solid like rock."
He nodded when she spoke about taking him to what he could guess was an abandoned facility. He spoke as he walked back to the back of his suit. "Alright sounds good to me. Just give me a second to grab whatever gear I can from my suit."
He first grabbed his toolkit which he slung over his shoulder. He regretted not grabbing an emergency supply bag from his ship, but he would have to deal without it since going back wasn't a good option. He then searched the suit for anything that might still be functioning and worth carrying. While he didn't want to have to lug around the 75 pounds of armor, he wouldn't mind carrying the fuel cells if they looked like they could be recharged. After searching the suit he slung his mag rifle over his shoulder with the tool kit and tucked his knife into its sheath and attached it to his side. He spoke as he approached Loeda."I'm Alex Randal. Well Loeda, lead the way."
Reaperbones

Next

Return to Private Games