Rocket World [The Blitz]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Rocket World [The Blitz]

Postby Amaranis A'daragon » Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:06 am

Team Rocket succeeded.

It's been ten years since that fateful day. Giovanni and his army of Rocket thugs swiftly overthrew the government of Kanto. However, that was only the start for them. After a year of preparing, they launched a campaign for all the other major continents of the world. Johto was the first to fall. Hoenn followed after, the struggle between Team Aqua and Team Magma making them easy to defeat and absorb into their ranks. This same strategy worked on the other continents as well, absorbing as many followers from the other Teams after they disbanded.

This is the world you are about to start your journey in.

Name: Aren Johansson
Hometown/Starting Town: Saffron
Appearance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Personality: Aren is a fairly smooth individual. Having grown up in a bad part of the city thanks to his parent's economic situation, he had to get street smart quickly to survive. He excels at manipulating and sweet talking his way in and out of situations. It's worked so far, making him a firm believer in lady luck, whom he believes is always on his side. While generally looking out for number one before anyone else (aside from his partner in crime, Nox), he's a pretty kind person who isn't afraid to intervene in situations others get themselves into provided he can someway profit from it, or at the very least, get out of if things go bad. He fancies himself a bit of a ladies man, laying extra charm down on the opposite sex for less than noble reasons.
Background (Optional): Aren was born the third child in an impoverished family. Growing up on the means streets of Saffron, he spent his days observing others and picking up the vibes of the city. He watched con men hustle, thugs rustle and harlots tussle whenever he could. He became a bit of a player himself, dabbling in the Rocket inspired underworld that appeared in the town. He rigged games of cards, gambled in the streets and occasionally fed information to various street punks to make some cash to support not only himself, but his family. After conning a trainer in the alley behind his apartment building one day, he found the fellow had no cash to pay him with. A few stray threats convinced the fellow to pay up with a newly acquired Gastly. Since the freshly hatched Pokemon had yet to leave the ball yet, it took to Aren as a partner and the kept on chugging along.

Of course, Aren ... enjoyment of the female form got him into some trouble. Having being swayed by the curves of a fine young woman, the new trainer found himself at odds with a group of punks, the leader of whom was apparently in a relationship with the woman he had just slept with. In order to... protect his assets, Aren decided to get the hell out of Saffron and spent his ill gotten gains on acquiring an official license for himself and his Gastly.
Sexual Preferences:
+ Milfs, Sex for favors, Multiple partner/orgy, Cock worship, Fucking taken women
- Yaoi, Bathroom play, Extreme bondage, rape, gore/vore
Pokemon:
Male Gastly named Nox
Skills:
+ Charismatic: You know how to sweet talk, or use your 'assets' to your advantage. +2 to persuading NPC's. (Can help to influence PC's at their discretion.)
- Poor Family: Your family saved up for years in order for you to go on this journey. You have no starting money.

You wake up in your room, immediatly to the sight of Nox staring you right in the face. After dealing with your companion, you get up and get ready to leave. As you get downstairs, your parents are nowhere to be found. However, breakfest is made for you, with a note from your parents, wishing you luck. You look at the clock on the wall when you are done eating, and realise it is time to leave.

(Tried to minimize the post, but I dont know how to hide spoilers inside spoilers -_-)
Sometimes I think i'm crazy, but then my other voice says i'm alright.

I'm not sure if i'm just too creative, or just cant focus on one thing.
Amaranis A'daragon

Re: Rocket World [The Blitz]

Postby The Blitz » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:58 pm

With day time finally upon them and a wake up call from Aren's little ghost friend, the sly trainer made haste in preparing himself for the coming journey. He had the foresight the night before to prepare everything beforehand so his morning routine went rather quickly and he could leave immediately. As expected, upon reaching the kitchen of his small apartment, he found no trace of his parents, but he was at least pleasantly surprised to see a breakfast laid out for him. With how broke he was from purchasing his license, he couldn't well afford to deny free food. So, he took time to devour the last meal he'd have in a long time before leaving the house with Nox at his side, to the mean streets of Saffron.
The Blitz

Postby Amaranis A'daragon » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:14 pm

Encounter roll = 46, nothing.

As you leave to catch the train, the streets are starting to come to life. You see buisness men and women leaving their apartments to go to work, a few young trainers heading to school, and a pair of lasses who had the wind pick up, showing your their undies before running off. All in all, a quiet morning. You get to the train, showing the attendant your liscence before jumping on.

Encounter roll = 36, nothing.

The ride there is uneventful, and you get off the train at Viridian City. Here, you see the Viridian City Gym: the true heart of Team Rocket. From here, you can head south towards Pallet Town, or check out the city.

Amaranis A'daragon

Postby The Blitz » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:22 pm

It was a relief Aren managed to leave the city before anything went south, although he had half a mind to try his luck with those lasses before disappearing. The train trip was as mind numbing as he had come to expect it would be. At the very least, he was free of any retribution for his actions. Upon arriving at the Viridian city station, he made haste in putting Nox away in his Pokeball and stuffing it into his bag under some of his more unimportant things. He didn't want to risk being spotted by some Rocket punk, especially considering where he was in the region.

Leaving for Pallet immediately sounded the good idea... but he wanted to explore Viridian a bit before he did. Maybe he could find something fun to do, or see the gym that started it all.
The Blitz

Postby Amaranis A'daragon » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:40 pm

(Just for clarity, 50-59, minor battle against a pokemon. 60-69, minor person encounter [69 being an auto sexy kind], 70-79, medium pokemon encounter, 80-89, medium person encounter, 90-99, hard encounter [will roll a second time to see what kind], 100 is terrible, 1 is an auto something bad [dropping something, Rattata stealing from your bag, etc])

Encounter roll = 53, pokemon battle minor.
Pokemon = Nidoran male

You make your way to the gym, but the guards outside seem to deter your approach. Those guys look like Team Rocket Elites, and the 6 pokeballs on their waists dont seem to be for show.

As you continue to wonder around the town, you see some of the nearby bushes rustle, and a Nidoran pops out. It looks quite aggitated, and is looking directly at you.

Amaranis A'daragon

Postby The Blitz » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:47 pm

(How will we be dealing with Pokemon battles? Like, levels, HP, hitting or miss, movesets, ect?)

It was a shame the rockets had to deter him from even seeing the gym, but he assumed the stuff within such a place was beyond him at a beginner level anyway. He had yet to see his first taste of battle, let alone go against an elite gym leader. Lady Luck, it seemed, was going to remedy the first situation. Upon seeing the rather angry Nidoran appear, Aren made haste in fishing out No's pokeball and calling the ghost out onto the field.
The Blitz

Postby Amaranis A'daragon » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:08 pm

(Moveset and level are based on the area you are in. Just like all starters though, Nox will be lvl 5. For instance, this Nidoran will only know Leer and Peck. Nox should know Hypnosis, Lick and Spite. I will base hits/misses on move accuracy vs a chance to dodge. Hypnosis has 60 accuracy, so if I roll 40 or less, it is a miss. If it would be a hit, but the enemy rolls higher than you, its a 50/50)

As soon as Nox is out, the Nidoran cries out, and charges at him with a Peck attack.

Hit= 72. Dodge =19, attack hits
Damage 1d4= 4

Nox is caught unawares by the attack, unused to battling. The charge Nidoran did before hand seems to have made the attack hit hard.

Nox HP = 21/25
Nidoran (lvl2) 12/12

Amaranis A'daragon

Postby The Blitz » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:47 pm

(Does Aren have Pokeballs with him?)

Seeing the Nidoran recklessly charge into Nox, Aren frowned. Seemed like reason wouldn't work with this one. "Nox, use Lick!" He commanded, seeing as though it was the ghost's only offensive move. Hopefully it would do a good bit of damage to the pinky spiky thing.
The Blitz

Postby Amaranis A'daragon » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:48 pm

(Less likely since you started poor. Oak will give you some when you see him. Roll=55, no poke'balls.
Your inventory: town map, potion x1, Holocaster.)

Nidoran's move: 36. Nidoran uses Leer. Accuracy: 70. Nox dodge: 05, Nox's defense drops.
Nox uses Lick: Accuracy 37. Nidoran dodge: 51. Nidoran dodges.

Nidoran glares at Nox, causing him to recoil a bit. He then goes in fof a Lick attack, but the Nidoran dodges the attack. They square off against each other again, neither seeming like they want to back down.

Amaranis A'daragon

Postby The Blitz » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:52 pm

(would dragging the fainted nidoran to his office and catching it then be an option? :P)

Letting out a groan of irritation as the Nidoran dodged, Aren decided to go about it differently. It clearly couldn't attack if it was asleep and Nox had just the move for that. "Use Hypnosis, Nox." He commanded once more, hoping he poison type wouldn't dodge that one.
The Blitz

Postby Amaranis A'daragon » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:10 pm

(Ill roll a number of rounds that the Nidoran remains out, so it could be possible)

Nidoran move: 53. Nidoran uses peck. Accuracy: 01. Nox dodge: 71. Nox dodges.
Nox uses Hypnosis. Accuracy: 05. Nidoran dodge: 58. Nidoran dodges.

The stalemate continues, neither pokemon seeming to be able to predict what the other would do.

Encounter roll 70. Gender roll: 60, female.

As the battle continues, you see someone stop and watch your battle. As you glance over, you see a Rich Girl watching, seeming amused at your battle.

Amaranis A'daragon

Return to Private Games