Star Shields Incorporated [Hazard]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Star Shields Incorporated [Hazard]

Postby Tsai » Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:57 am

Hello and welcome to Star Shields the leader in private security. We provide a wide range of services and work, whether you're a prospecting young explorer or a grizzled businessman in need of body guards. We specialize in mercenary work and also train the best of the best when it comes to protecting your claims on many of the frontier planets. We welcome any and all of people of shape size and color, human, cat, or even draconic. So choose Star Shields today!

CS: Name: Katherine
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Race: Human
Appearance: Image

Bio: Katherine was born in a backwater desert world comprised of thugs from around the quadrant. Her mother was a slave to one of the local barrens who used her as a toy. Katherine was the illegitimate child of the two and was quickly abandoned to the elements when she was young. Luckily for her a Draconian trader happened upon the child crying out in the desert and raised it as her own. Over the years Katherine developed the skills required to survive in the harsh environment. At 18 she hired on with the sectors military as a recruit but quickly flunked out due to her poor attitude. Taking her training and natural skills elsewhere she worked for her father for some time before he realized who she was. By then Katherine had already taken the steps necessary to remove him and escape. She left her home-world an outlaw headed to the core worlds in the center of the galaxy to make her fortune.

Equipment: Integrated armor plates; Connected to her spine, she can retract or extend them to cover her entire body if necessary though they are still only effective against light firearms.
Dual Heavy Bore Pistols; old relics from her homeworld most civilizations no longer use lead based kinetic weapons but she finds they often surprise her foes punching strait through some forms of shielding and being able to preform trick shots with ricochets.
Tesla Claw; Her left gauntlet comes equipped with electrified tips she can use to shock foes into submission when necessary.
Neural Implants; In addition to the cybernetics along her spine Katherine can unlink with networks through her mind if she finds an input terminal. Unfortunately it doesn't have the highest grade security but she hasn't had any problems yet.

You've finally made it too the Core world of Magdah and today is your first day off the leash at Star Shields, thankfully you have some time to walk around and say your good byes. Your roomey, Amanda is still asleep, but shes a good gal, nice shot too. Looking around you're just in your dorm room, thankfully there was a barrack on site and you didnt have to find a place. You could grab a bite to eat in the mess hall, maybe go visit the range and give yourself a nice little bit of practice.
Tsai

Re: Star Shields Incorporated [Hazard]

Postby Hazard1325 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:08 am

Katherine sat around in the dorm staring at Amanda for a moment feeling board. Her stomach growled and she frowned figuring it was probably time to go down to the mess hall and hope they were serving something appetizing today. She walked down the brightly lit hallways still not used to such well kept interiors. Back home the sand made its way just about everywhere and no one bothered keeping things so nice and polished.
Hazard1325

Postby Tsai » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:31 am

The lights were bright and you could hear your boots squeak every step you took, the place didnt bore you and it was much better than fighting for survival out in the desserts. This place made you feel calm for once in your life. Eventually you made it to the mess hall, busy and bustling as usual. You see people of all races hanging about, though you've never really spoken to many of them. You wait in line and grab your food which is a rather extravagant meal considering it was only noon. Sitting down to eat a student, by the looks of it he's new, sits down across from you. "He..hey are you you new here?"
Tsai

Postby Hazard1325 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:41 am

Katherine grabs a slab of steak and a side of some processed vegetable. She really didn't care as long as it filled her stomach. She sat down and glanced around as she heard someone ask her something. "New? I guess." She said shrugging and looking this recruit up and down. "Did you need something...?" She asked not sure why else he would be bothering her.
Hazard1325

Postby Tsai » Wed Sep 10, 2014 3:47 am

The recruit looks nervously around, he looks no older than you, but it's obviously his first day compared to your 2 months of boot camp. "I..I was just wondering how its like around here.. i heard nightmares about the training and what not. I heard some of the recruits even die." You look at him know none of what he said was true, but he looks rather scared. Just when you open your mouth your watch beeps letting you know that its time to go, you can tell or off or reassure him, but what ever you do you need to go to the assignment desk.
Tsai

Postby Hazard1325 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:01 am

Katherine couldn't help but grin at him as he stammered out his fears about camp, this was something the drill instructors would take care of eventually. She was about to lead him on when her watch beeped and she glanced down. "Sorry gotta go, just remember not to-" She cut herself off shoving the last of her steak in her mouth and muttering indistinctly as she left. She swallowed her food on the way out smirking at the thought of the worried recruit. She starts jogging down the hall to the assignment desks to pick up her latest job.
Hazard1325

Postby Tsai » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:15 am

The kid looks at you with wide eyes as you walk off. "Not to what!" He yells as you run off to the assignment desk. Looking back the kid sits down alone eating his food, then you turn the corner out of site. At the assignment desk a cat lady in an a secretary's outfit sitting behind a computer screen. You know her as Natasha, and shes got a bit of a reputation of sleeping around with the recruits, men and women. She's even hit on you a few times, but has never taken it too far or you havent really made much of it. Finally approaching the desk Natasha sees you and flashes you a winning smile. "Hey there Katherine! Looks like its that time of the year, *sniff* you grow up so fast...but anyway you've got a choice for assignments today being it for first day as an official Star Shield. You've got a job as a body guard on a frontier planet, client's name is Yorlek, somekinda draconic warlord. Your second choice is as a merc, you'll be recovering a stolen piece of tech for the Mag Lev mega Corp, says that its a prototype railgun, on this mission you'll be sent in with a team though as the planet you'll be going to is hunkered down in a civil war. Heard mutants were also spotted there. So what'll be." She says with another winning smile.
Tsai

Postby Hazard1325 » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:31 am

Katherine smiled back at Natasha but had no interest in any kind of relationship... after listening to the job options she considered which one to choose. On one hand protecting a draconian reminded her of her upbringing... but then again she thought it wasn't going to be very interesting babysitting someone all day. The other job sounded more interesting but if she had never worked well with teams... though it sounded much more interesting. She let out a sigh and picked the contract for Mag Lev. "I'll go after the railgun, where do I need to head?" she asked.
Hazard1325

Postby Tsai » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:44 am

"It's another Cityscape planet like this one. Its call Zeta 9. Theres a lot of urban warfare, guerrillas are rebellion against the supposedly corrupt government, lots a street to street fighting, guns, explosions, up you alley is what i think."
Tsai

Postby Hazard1325 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:19 am

"Sounds like my kind of disaster." Katherine agrees giving Natasha a smile. "Just send me in the right direction." She asked assuming she would be provided with a datapad with full mission details, if not she reported to whatever CO was in charge of this operation.
Hazard1325

Postby Tsai » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:25 am

Natasha returns your smile and nods at your request. "You just gotta head down the hallway to and go to the right then you'll be in the hanger bay, the Sarge will be waiting for you. I'll give this bodyguard duty to someone else though.. Have a nice flight Katherine." She hands you a datapad with all the details, what the weapon looks like, the pay out, the dangers, etc. Its a quick walk to the hanger bay and you see 5 people waiting next. You approach and you see the Sarge, he was the drill master for your group of recruits, he's a grizzled war vet easily 50 years old and missing an eye, like some kinda cliche movie hero. Theres also 2 other guys and gals waiting, you dont know them personally, but they have call signs, Mark, Zero, Bubbles, and Dia. "And if it isnt the rookie who'll be joining us on the mission, how's it going miss Kat." Says Sarge as you get closer to the ship.
Tsai

Postby Hazard1325 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:39 am

Katherine walks down to the hanger bay glancing over the pad only to look up when the sarge called her name. "I'm fine sir. Whats my role in this operation?" She asked seeing if she would have a special assignment and possibly get away from this group or if she'd be forced to drudge around the planet behind them the whole time like a common foot soldier.
Hazard1325

Postby Tsai » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:51 am

The Sarge nods at your answer. "You'll be paired up with Bubbles over there, we're splitting into 3 teams as we scour the target building looking for the rail gun. Bubbles and Kat will take the ground level and basements, while Dia and Zero take the mid levels and Mark and I will be taking the top levels. Remember stick with your partner, both sides of the war are known to not obey by the general rule of engagement as well as prisoner treatment. If you get captured there isnt much Star Shields can do since this is a covert mission. Is everyone clear?" Everyone lets out a yes sir, then the sarge looks at you.
Tsai

Postby Hazard1325 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:05 am

"Sir, yes sir." She said trying not to look irritated by the gesture. She went over to Bubbles examining her new squad mate, she extended her hand to him or her. "I'm Katherine... so what should I expect from the warzone? I'm not to clear on who's fighting who." She asked.
Hazard1325

Postby Tsai » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:14 am

She shakes your hand with a nod. "From what i hear the place is a hell hole, its ruined buildings and lots of fighting and everything. From what i hear the rebels are savages with high tech guns, while the government is big and powerful, but a bit undertech, maybe under out tech too. But if you wanted to get captured you do not wanna get captured by the rebels." She looks at you dead serious as the both of you step onto the ship and are getting ready to leave. You both head to your quarters as the ship heads into jump speed, it'll be a day or so before you're there.
Tsai

Postby Hazard1325 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:24 am

Katherine smirked. "Trust me, I have no plans on being captured by the rebels..." She said walking with her partner to their respective quarters. She wasn't sure what else to do for the ride there, if she was assigned any tasks she would take care of it but if left to herself she would relax in the cabin anticipating her next fight.
Hazard1325

Postby Tsai » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:33 am

The jump is rather pleasant, you chat with bubbles for most of it and do some exercises, clean you weapons, etc, anything to pass the time waiting to enter the system. Finally you make it into the system and you're greeted by the sight of space junk and lots, of lots of destroyed ships as well as an ensuing battle. Luckily Sarge is an amazing pilot and you manage to make it top side without any problems. Sarge tells you and bubbles to suit up and get set to drop. You and bubbles do and touch ground for only long enough for the two of you to get out of the ship before it flies off. "Remember the two of you are checking the ground floor and basements, from earlier scans and blue prints theres at least 5 levels." The two of you enter the building. What now.
Tsai

Postby Hazard1325 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:39 am

"May as well be thorough." She comments checking out the first floor before descending down whatever stairs or ramp lead into the lower sections. She kept one pistol drawn ready to take aim at just about any shadow that moved but held her fire for when she had a confirmed target. This hand cannon packed quite the punch but was also loud as hell and would bring anything in the area rushing towards them. She glanced over at bubbles. "So you still haven't told me more about these rebels... what kind of race are they mostly?" She asks as they continue the search.
Hazard1325

Postby Tsai » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:52 am

Bubbles looks at you for a moment, then starts glancing around cautiously. "Im not sure, i heard they're mostly humans, but theres also mutants among them, scary fuckers.. lets go to the admin's room we might be able to get a better idea of the lay out of the building. " The two of you head over to the admin room and the both of you approach you hear a strange noise coming from the open door.
Tsai

Postby Hazard1325 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:53 am

Katherine slowly creeps toward the door, weapon raised and ready to fire if she needed to. She paused at the entrance glancing over her shoulder inside the room and entered if she couldn't find the source of the noise trusting bubbles could cover her if needed.
Hazard1325

Next

Return to Private Games