A Strange Apocalypse [Kuragari]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

A Strange Apocalypse [Kuragari]

Postby MelissaB » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:11 am

Character Sheet

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Name: Lauren Amath
Race: Fox-morph
Appearance: Image
Bio: Growing up in CrewStop hasn't been easy, but Lauren has made do in part thanks to having such good, if weird, parents. From an early age, there were two things that she fancied above all else-finding interesting, forgotten things (it usually helped if they were shiny) and the art of dancing. She learned how to dance from an older woman who had been around before everything went screwy, as her parents liked to say it, and often danced in the various festivals to help earn some cash.

When she wasn't dancing or getting into some mischief or other in town, she would occasionally leave the safety of her home, seeking out lost treasures and things from before. She always managed to escape without getting too hurt or captured, but this didn't usually keep her parents from punishing her for it anyways when she got back.

Today though is her first day of Adulthood, and she now has the freedom to pursue her own path, which is good because she's starting to get a little stir crazy from staying in town all the time...

Stats: 30 points to work with, Max is 10, +1 every even number for a max of +5
STR 4
DEX 7
CON 4
INT 4
WIS 3
CHA 8

Perks
Acrobatic-Thanks to her training as a dancer, she is more flexible and agile than others.
Dual-Wielder- Whether its the two daggers she takes with her whenever she leaves town, or just about anything else, she's quite skilled at using more than one weapon

Flaws
Sheltered- Despite the environment she's lived in, her parents have managed to keep her from witnessing some of the worst that people can go to, as well as the more seedier parts of what is left of society.

Intro
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Living in the makeshift town of CrewStop So named for a sign workshop that the town got built around. you've been living here with your parents most of your life, and like most people settled down here for the big stone building and metal doors offered safety from the ''wildlife the world now held. The town survived on due to how close it was to previous farmland which now acts as a steady food source for the town, Only rule is you had to pull your own weight one way or other to help the town keep on ticking. This isn't a nice town but it's a town. farming, watchmen, patrolling, even people selling themselves for as a commodity for food rations, equipment or clothes. Your parents were possibly an odd pair of parents to have but the changes the world has inflicted has left people to seek solace in the arms of those they felt could ease the toll life now enforces.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Re: A Strange Apocalypse [Kuragari]

Postby MelissaB » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:11 am

Your first day as an adult. the town says happy birthday and congratulates you handing you praises and warm wishes for you A few of the men ask if you could change your profession to a more enjoyable one now you are 18. but it appears same as always. though you get more glances from the men. well the same glances except they feel now it's actually possible. You were given a task to go get from food for your parents before you went about your day. You can still smell your mother's scent on you. She was very affectionate today you remark.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby Kuragari » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:50 am

MelissaB Wrote:Your first day as an adult. the town says happy birthday and congratulates you handing you praises and warm wishes for you A few of the men ask if you could change your profession to a more enjoyable one now you are 18. but it appears same as always. though you get more glances from the men. well the same glances except they feel now it's actually possible. You were given a task to go get from food for your parents before you went about your day. You can still smell your mother's scent on you. She was very affectionate today you remark.

Lauren spends the early morning drinking in the praise of her friends, family, and the other townsfolk. She finds herself blushing slightly at the suggestions of some of the men, brushing them off with laughter and a shake of her head as she asked "Isn't it already enjoyable? You all seem to enjoy it last fall at the Harvest Festival."

Nevertheless, as much as she would have liked to spend her first day as an adult doing whatever she pleased, she first had to take care of something for mom and pop. Mom had been incredibly adamant about it, especially considering how excited and clingy she had gotten after she finally agreed.

So, here she was, looking through the small market area of CrewStop for...what was it again? She glanced down at the small list she had been given, having not spent much time looking at it earlier.
Kuragari

Postby MelissaB » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:15 am

Bread
Cheese
Carrots dozen
Water four pints
Alcohol Two pints
Milk Three pints

As you read the list you get interrupted from your thoughts as a man two years your older comes over grinning. "How's your day coming then Lauren?" you quickly recognise him as Jake the Wolf hybrid that is one of the patrols that guards the town from raids. she walks along side you without missing a step as you head towards the market to forefill your obligation to your mother.

MelissaB

Postby Kuragari » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:22 am

MelissaB Wrote:Bread
Cheese
Carrots dozen
Water four pints
Alcohol Two pints
Milk Three pints

As you read the list you get interrupted from your thoughts as a man two years your older comes over grinning. "How's your day coming then Lauren?" you quickly recognise him as Jake the Wolf hybrid that is one of the patrols that guards the town from raids. he walks along side you without missing a step as you head towards the market to forefill your obligation to your mother.

"Oh, hey Jake!" She said, waving the list in the air a bit as she added, "Its going fine, just grabbing some stuff for mom before I figure out how to spend my first day as an adult. What are you up to? Shouldn't you be out on the wall?"
Kuragari

Postby MelissaB » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:29 am

Jake rubs the back of his neck a little. "Usually yeah but someone wanted my shift today so I've ended up with the night post. Won't be able to convince me to pretend i didn't see you this time unfortunately though I will be able to let you back in. Just tell me when you are heading out so I know when you should be getting back." He smirks and grabs the list from your hand. "She asks you to get all this alone?" Smiling he hands the list back. "Well I should get some rest less i fall asleep in my shift. But from the looks of it you'll need a hand carry everything. you meeting your old man in the market?" You're not you remember.

MelissaB

Postby Kuragari » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:43 am

MelissaB Wrote:Jake rubs the back of his neck a little. "Usually yeah but someone wanted my shift today so I've ended up with the night post. Won't be able to convince me to pretend i didn't see you this time unfortunately though I will be able to let you back in. Just tell me when you are heading out so I know when you should be getting back." He smirks and grabs the list from your hand. "She asks you to get all this alone?" Smiling he hands the list back. "Well I should get some rest less i fall asleep in my shift. But from the looks of it you'll need a hand carry everything. you meeting your old man in the market?" You're not you remember.

She made a shushing gesture at his mention of her nightly forays into the lands around CrewStop. "Nah, Dad's at home with Mom right now. I think maybe they're planning something for me later today." She smirked, bumping against Jake as she asked "Why, are you offering to carry my groceries?"
Kuragari

Postby MelissaB » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:49 am

Jake gives you a defiant look at the accusation of trying such a cheesy ploy before giving a small laugh. "So yeah maybe I was. Do you want the help or do you want to poke fun Lauren?" he gives you a playful look of annoyance. "Little vixen like you can't go around herself lifting all the heavy objects in life when you can get others to do it for you. Wouldn't be right." he states in mockery of a wise old sage.

MelissaB

Postby Kuragari » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:47 pm

MelissaB Wrote:Jake gives you a defiant look at the accusation of trying such a cheesy ploy before giving a small laugh. "So yeah maybe I was. Do you want the help or do you want to poke fun Lauren?" he gives you a playful look of annoyance. "Little vixen like you can't go around herself lifting all the heavy objects in life when you can get others to do it for you. Wouldn't be right." he states in mockery of a wise old sage.

She shook her head, giggling at his antics. "You can certainly help, but I'm not letting you carry everything. I still remember that day a few years back when you volunteered to help and accidentally sent all the groceries into the fountain." She then turned her attention to the task at hand, wanting to get it done so she could go out and do some exploring, WITHOUT having her parents yell at her for being too young or inexperienced.
Kuragari

Postby MelissaB » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:38 pm

Jake nods. "yeah yeah to be fair I did nearly catch all the bottles. not my fault the smith threw it too high." he grumbles udner his breath before you make it to the market. he grabs the milk and water the two heaviest of items before motion you to get the rest. "How you paying for this anyway she give you money?" he asks and you realise you left the coin on the side in the house. you could always ask if you could bring it coming back later on your way out to explore. or ask Jake though he'll likely make you make you regret it after giving it you.

MelissaB

Postby Kuragari » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:48 pm

MelissaB Wrote:Jake nods. "yeah yeah to be fair I did nearly catch all the bottles. not my fault the smith threw it too high." he grumbles udner his breath before you make it to the market. he grabs the milk and water the two heaviest of items before motion you to get the rest. "How you paying for this anyway she give you money?" he asks and you realise you left the coin on the side in the house. you could always ask if you could bring it coming back later on your way out to explore. or ask Jake though he'll likely make you make you regret it after giving it you.

"Oh no!" Lauren said after searching her pockets for the money, suddenly remembering where the money was-it was still on the counter in the kitchen, right where mom had put it. She idly wondered why mother hadn't pointed that out to her while she was being all huggy...maybe it was a test of some sort? At any rate, she pouted as she muttered "The money's back home...any chance you could stay here and watch what we've gotten so far while I run back?"
Kuragari

Postby MelissaB » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:00 pm

Jake looked at her. "I've got to carry it there haven't I?" he grunts at her and shakes his head. "No deal. hey boss I'll pay." she puts the items down and hands him the coins giving you a funny look. "Wait here while I've got to drop it off at your house anyway? Think a little you'd get in less trouble." He scolds playfully lifting the bottles back up. "What else do we need?"

You tell him and once he's paid for everything you both make your way back to your home he's quite while he's carrying everything. giving the odd mutter about weight.

Once you reach your home he puts it down just inside looking at you expectantly. your mother seems it be in her little workshop making clothes from the usual way she sings when she is working. Jake hearing her smirks. "She always sing when she's alone?" You smile thinking of your mother sewing away, a full fox morph changed from the virus that effected the world. Cute little vixen back in her day.

MelissaB

Postby Kuragari » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:28 am

MelissaB Wrote:Jake looked at her. "I've got to carry it there haven't I?" he grunts at her and shakes his head. "No deal. hey boss I'll pay." she puts the items down and hands him the coins giving you a funny look. "Wait here while I've got to drop it off at your house anyway? Think a little you'd get in less trouble." He scolds playfully lifting the bottles back up. "What else do we need?"

You tell him and once he's paid for everything you both make your way back to your home he's quite while he's carrying everything. giving the odd mutter about weight.

Once you reach your home he puts it down just inside looking at you expectantly. your mother seems it be in her little workshop making clothes from the usual way she sings when she is working. Jake hearing her smirks. "She always sing when she's alone?" You smile thinking of your mother sewing away, a full fox morph changed from the virus that effected the world. Cute little vixen back in her day.

Lauren allows Jake to go ahead and pay for it all, promising to give him the money she had been meant to use for the purchases. And if it wasn't enough, well she had some change she had been saving to buy some better equipment for her forays outside of town. She could always pull from that if need be. As they turned and headed back to her house to drop the groceries off, she giggled at his complaints about the weight, shifting the bags she was carrying so as to evenly distribute the weight. "You'd think being a part of the town guard would mean you'd have the muscles to deal with a few groceries."

Upon reaching the home, she set the bags on the counter, gathering the coin up and handing it over to Jake as her ears twitched, hearing her mothers lovely voice as she works. "Oh yes, all the time. She's a little self-conscious of it though...me and dad both know she's great, but she doesn't like audiences." She smiled mischievously as she said "Hey, let's go surprise her! It'll be fun!"
Kuragari

Postby MelissaB » Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:53 pm

Jake gives you a look before shrugging. "Fine but only a quick stay. And if she chases me threatening to turn me into a dress i'm coming after you once i lose her." she warns with a smile before the pair of you sneak into your house. you get up to the door where your mother works without her stopping her singing. You've clearly crept up on her. How will you surprise her?

MelissaB

Postby Kuragari » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:10 am

MelissaB Wrote:Jake gives you a look before shrugging. "Fine but only a quick stay. And if she chases me threatening to turn me into a dress i'm coming after you once i lose her." she warns with a smile before the pair of you sneak into your house. you get up to the door where your mother works without her stopping her singing. You've clearly crept up on her. How will you surprise her?

Lauren sticks her tongue out at Jake, before the two of them reach the doorway. After some thought, she decides to play it nice, and walk up behind her mothers chair before embracing her in a hug...and then going "Boo."
Kuragari

Postby MelissaB » Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:19 pm

Your mother throws her things into the air as you make her jump, trying to turn on you before realising who you are and relaxes into you with a slight blush. "Lauran, you shouldn't startle me like that." she scolds gently before patting your arm and pushes herself free to stand turning to see Jake her eyes narrow a little before turning to you. jake hovering near the door ready to bolt. Raiders are one thing your mother being a different matter entirely it seems.

"So you have been to the market then i take it? when did you forget you left the money?" she asks tilting her head her her long brushy tail flicking back and forth behind her slowly.

MelissaB

Postby Kuragari » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:08 am

MelissaB Wrote:Your mother throws her things into the air as you make her jump, trying to turn on you before realising who you are and relaxes into you with a slight blush. "Lauran, you shouldn't startle me like that." she scolds gently before patting your arm and pushes herself free to stand turning to see Jake her eyes narrow a little before turning to you. jake hovering near the door ready to bolt. Raiders are one thing your mother being a different matter entirely it seems.

"So you have been to the market then i take it? when did you forget you left the money?" she asks tilting her head her her long brushy tail flicking back and forth behind her slowly.

Lauren laughed and giggled at her mothers reaction, along with her chiding. "Sorry Mom, I just couldn't resist. You were kinda asking for it." When pressed about the groceries, and forgetting the money, she nodded. "Yes, we got the groceries, Jake was kind enough to go ahead and pay for them, and I've already given him the money I would have used to repay him for it. Sorry about that."
Kuragari

Postby MelissaB » Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:35 pm

She gives you a scowl before her face softens into a smile. "Well you managed to get them without having to come back first so it's all right. Thank you jake for helping my absent minded daughter." she looks him over a moment making him shuffle on the spot. "yeah well it was no problem I mean i was helping her back here so she wasn't asking to borrow it for any length of time. Anyway i think I should get going. need my sleep." she nods at him as he departs leaving you there with your mother. "Now is there anything else Lauran?" she asks gently leading you away from her little workshop and towards where the shopping lay and starts putting it away. "if not the day is yours, you're older than I was when I met your father you know." she ads not so subtly wondering when she is getting grandchildren.

MelissaB

Postby Kuragari » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:06 pm

MelissaB Wrote:She gives you a scowl before her face softens into a smile. "Well you managed to get them without having to come back first so it's all right. Thank you jake for helping my absent minded daughter." she looks him over a moment making him shuffle on the spot. "yeah well it was no problem I mean i was helping her back here so she wasn't asking to borrow it for any length of time. Anyway i think I should get going. need my sleep." she nods at him as he departs leaving you there with your mother. "Now is there anything else Lauran?" she asks gently leading you away from her little workshop and towards where the shopping lay and starts putting it away. "if not the day is yours, you're older than I was when I met your father you know." she ads not so subtly wondering when she is getting grandchildren.

"Mom!" She squeaks in response, cheeks turning bright red as her tail twitched behind her, ears quivering in embarrassment. Managing to calm down as she held her tail in her hands, she muttered "I'm just not worried about meeting someone and popping kids out Mom." Besides, there wasn't anyone in town who had really caught her attention like that. Sure, there were some cute guys, and there was that human girl who had nice blue wings sprouting from her back, whom rumor had it was a hermaphrodite, but she just really wasn't all that inclined to think about that stuff.

However, recalling that the day was hers, she smiled and skipped over to her mother, giving her a tight hug as she said "I'm gonna head out then. There were some ruins nearby I found last week that I really would like to dig through."
Kuragari

Postby MelissaB » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:49 pm

She smiles and giggles at your blushing. "If you say so. Now remember to be back before dark." Your mother smiles and kisses your cheek. "Okay but be careful. First sign of trouble and you come right back you hear?" she demands her tone serious before giving you a hug. and shooing you off. "Now i've still got some work to do." she turns and goes back to her sewing.

MelissaB

Next

Return to Private Games