Miss Starlight! Issue #1 [Fawkes]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Miss Starlight! Issue #1 [Fawkes]

Postby Hazard1325 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:50 pm

NAME (civilian): Samantha "Sam" Taylor, Doctoral candidate in physics and part-time new blogger
NAME (actual): Neileea Kri, last member of the deposed royal family of the former Krithine Empire
SUPER TITLE: Miss Starlight
Sexuality: Bisexual, though virginal.
Appearance
civie
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Super
Miss Starlight

(Without skull on the belt)

Brightwater bay was normally a quiet city on the east end of the United States. Lately though despite the best efforts of the local police and the superhero vigilante Miss Starlight the crime rate has been steadily rising. Lately the largest gang has been the Tech Raiders, a group of thugs who somehow got their hands on a large collection of advanced technology. With it they've been causing chaos all over Brightwater. Miss Starlight has done her best to keep the gang in check but with only one hero in it the city is quickly becoming unmanageable. Even hero's need to rest and right now Miss Starlight was shopping downtown disguised as an ordinary citizen Samantha Taylor.

Sam was currently half asleep eating some fast food in the middle of Brightwater mall. Three days of constant crime fighting had taken its toll trying to maintain an ordinary life with a job and a girlfriend who was currently upset with her... it didn't seem like things could get much worse until she found a small index card with a bloody R written on the back half. She recognized the R as Red's trademark, he was a mutant that lived in the city and the two had crossed paths both as allies and enemies. Usually he was an information broker and sometimes a mercenary but an invitation like this was usually safe to accept. She considered what kind of trouble she would get into if she had to fight him and really only knew one of his powers. Red seemed Immortal, he'd been thrown around, ripped apart, set on fire and decapitated from the stories she'd heard and he always got back up for more eventually. His name came from the nasty shade of color his skin had turned to after so much abuse. The front of the card had a business address for a warehouse near the docks. Apparently Red wanted to meet with her for something.
Hazard1325

Re: Miss Starlight! Issue #1 [Fawkes]

Postby Fawkes » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:18 pm

Jolted out of daydreams and into panic, Sam let out an uncharecteristic curse when she saw the card. She had spent so much time and effort keeping her identity secret, and even worse, he was taunting her about! He had terrible timing too, as she was suppossed to meeting her girlfriend to have a couple drinks and work things out.

Steeling herself with a few deep breaths, Sam got up and threw out her food, resigning herself to getting this over with quickly. Leaving the shop, she starts looking for an empty alley or secluded corner to changr onto costume.

(Sorry for bad spelling and grammer at the moment, posting from phone)
As a warning, if I'm playing a girl, she's rape bait.

Looking for a Animeish picture? PM I probably have something like you're looking. Especially if you're looking for something sexy.
Fawkes

Postby Hazard1325 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:44 pm

Sam was able to slip away from the table and into the back section of the mall to change. Once she was done with that it was simple to fly over to the warehouse listed on the card. The side door was open already and she walked into the dark warehouse looking around for Red when she heard a clicking noise above her and saw the familiar dark trench coat with a hood hiding most of his face. One white eye was visible from this angle as he limped along the metal walk. "Glad you could make it so soon." He said with a voice that sounded like he had gravel in his throat. "I sent you the card to get your attention, don't worry I'm not putting your identity up for sale. I called to talk you about Deltrox... he's back." He said with obvious approval in his voice. Starlight had fought Deltrox about a year ago when he brought his strange array of flesh golem's she had defeated the sorcerer but he had slipped away from capture. "I don't think he's working alone this time either." He said pulling a photo out of his pocket and dropping it down to her level. It was a small picture of Deltrox, a rather huge man with a surprising amount of muscle for someone so invested in the arcane arts. He was standing next to a thin woman in her late forties with short blond hair that Starlight couldn't place but seemed familiar. "Anything past that will cost you... " Red said looking down at her.
Hazard1325

Postby Fawkes » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:56 pm

Maintaining the authoritative, assertive persona she'd cultivated for her heroic's, Miss Starlight replied "Do you know who this partner in crime of his is? Or what resources he brought and what he's planning?

She paused, she hated negotiating with him on his terms, but he had her identity and could ruin her or put her girlfriend Alexis in danger. Somewhat more hesitantly she said "And what sort of price are you talking about?"

Looking for a Animeish picture? PM I probably have something like you're looking. Especially if you're looking for something sexy.
Fawkes

Postby Hazard1325 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:06 pm

Red grinned glancing down at her limping down the catwalk making the clicking sound. She looked to his feet and saw his toes ended with long talons that seemed sharp enough to cut flesh or cling onto certain surfaces. "You want more information? Twenty thousand dollars cash is your fastest method of payment... I'd also accept a business favor if you're willing to run an errand... and if your really impatient we can settle this now. I've always wondered what it would be like to have an alien girl riding my cock." He suggested with a wide grin she could see despite the shadows of his hood.
Hazard1325

Postby Fawkes » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:31 pm

When Red mentioned sexual favors, Miss Starlight physically recoiled in disgust "You think I would ever do..ANYTHING with a piece of filth like you?"

Narrowly resisting the urge to strike him, she steps back and continues I don't have that sort of cash, but as long as the favour isn't anything too immoral, I can do it.

She bit her lip a bit,sincerely wishing she could just beat the information out of him.
Last edited by Fawkes on Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fawkes

Postby Hazard1325 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:51 pm

Red continued to smile down at her. "I. Oh well... as you probably know the Tech raiders are becoming a problem. I know their going to try raiding an armored convoy going through town tomorrow. I think if you were waiting for them it would help both of us." He said giving her a way to help the city and him. "And be careful they've got a new toy that might be particularly effective against you." He was about to walk out of sight into a small office when her glanced back over his shoulder. "If you reconsider the sex I'll be here for a few more hours... also when it comes time to fight Deltrox and his allies I'll lend you my services." He said trying to entice her with a better deal.
Hazard1325

Postby Fawkes » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:24 pm

Miss Starlight shivers with revulsion at the idea of selling her purity, or of doing anything with a freak like Red. As he turns to leave she manifests her energy staff to catch him "Thay's a guarentee you'll have usful information for me when I conplete the task, and the Sorceror won't pull anything beforehand?"

Assuming yhe answer is ues, flies back to where she hid her civilian clothes, activates the holo-generator that makes her looks human and changes. She then heads towards the bar she's meeting Alexis at, while thinking of how to deal with the tech raiders tomorrow.

Fawkes

Postby Hazard1325 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:40 pm

Red's grin became inhumanly wide as she asked about the sorcerer. "How am I to know what he plans? I only know where he is and who he's working with. For all I know he could finish his business tonight and leave town but I guess that's just the risk you have to take. Now if your done let me go, you're not the only person I have to meet today." He said remaining ensnared by her energy staff.
Hazard1325

Postby Fawkes » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:50 pm

Frustrated and unsatisfied, Miss Starlight lets him go, then flies off to where she stashed them to change back into her civies and meet with Alexis. She loved the girl, but she didn't understand why she always wanted to go to sleazy dive bards, and she'd really rather not leave her waiting alone.

Fawkes

Postby Hazard1325 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:36 pm

Starlight found a place to change easily and found herself outside the scummy bar that Alexis seemed to enjoy so much. Sam opened the door and found her girlfriend at the bar flirting with a sleazy looking redhead, it seemed Alexis had grown bored waiting. She's done this a few times mostly to annoy Sam and she was beginning to think she had her own superpower of knowing just when Sam would show up... As Sam approached Alexis smiled and said something to the girl turning to face Sam. "About time you showed up... let me guess your latest stupid excuse... your fish drowned." She said with a smirk.
Hazard1325

Postby Fawkes » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:44 pm

Alexis

Trying, and at least slightly failing, to prevent a blush of embarrassment from being too obvious, Sam says apologetically "Look I''m really sorry I'm late. You know how crappy my car is? It broke down and I had to hunt down a bus route here. Not exactly Main Street, you know?"

Walking up to her and looking at her pleadingly (After giving the sleezy redhead a look she hoped was venomous enough to send her scurrying off) "C'mon, lets just go grab a booth and talk, okay?"

Fawkes

Postby Hazard1325 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:57 pm

"Whatever... get out of here" Turning to the red head who gave both of them a sour look. Alexis stood up following Sam to one of the booths. "What do you want to talk about... I mean you're probably just going to lie have the time anyway." She said leaning back in the booth.
Hazard1325

Postby Fawkes » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:05 pm

Sam looks genuinely hurt as she says that. "Look, I'm really sorry I haven't been able to spend as much time with you as we'd like, but I have honestly been caught up at work in all this. We're on the brink of something big, and I'm sorry I got caught up in it."

Leaning over, she takes Alexi's hand "But I promise I'll make time for you, ok? Today's what, thursday? We'll take the weekend off, just do something fun. Ok?"

Fawkes

Postby Hazard1325 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:13 pm

Alexis looked a little guilty after Sam's explanation and let out a sigh. "Alright fine... what did you have in mind?" She asked trying to keep the smirk off her face, this was how she normally won arguments, that or breaking up for a while only to show up a few weeks later. "I've got bonus from work coming in Friday so you wont have to pay for everything this time."
Hazard1325

Postby Fawkes » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:34 pm

Looking mischievously at her, Sam says "Oh you know, spend the day enjoying the city, dinner at a nice place, maybe catch a late movie, maybe get to something naughty in the theater, then go out dancing?"

Internally, she was really, really hoping nothing happened to the city Saturday or Sunday.

Fawkes

Postby Hazard1325 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:46 pm

"Thats a lot for you to promise. You sure we're going to finish everything on that checklist?" She asked with a grin. "Tomorrow I've gotta work early and since you already wasted half our date I think we have time for a few drinks and that's about it to bad for you." She said ordering a beverage for herself.
Hazard1325

Postby Fawkes » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:34 am

Sam chuckled "I sure you won't let me miss any."

As Alexis orders a drink, she orders a strong beer for herself.

Fawkes

Postby Hazard1325 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:51 am

The two of them spend the next few hours making small talk and drinking, Alexis is getting quite hammered by the end of it and the two of you exit with her dangling around Sams shoulders. "Look... you want... you ever want to get serious you need a different job. They... they make you work way to much." As the two of them left Sam noticed three men with white and gold arm bands heading into a nearby gas station. As the last thug went in she saw him pull a gun. Alexis was was to hammered to really be safe out on the streets right now but if Sam didn't do something these gang members were about to rob the station.
Hazard1325

Postby Fawkes » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:01 am

Biting her lip and thinking, a perhaps slightly impaired Sam decides that a bit of extra attention might just scare the robber off without complicating things. Speaking in Alex's ear she say's "Much as I love you being this close, we really shouldn't be walking. Come on, lets just go call a cab. They must have a phone in the 'mart" She then begins steering Alex towards it.

Fawkes

Next

Return to Private Games