Kantai Collection: Virgin Waters (Earthsage)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Kantai Collection: Virgin Waters (Earthsage)

Postby that man » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:34 am

Patiently, you find yourself waiting in front of three superior officers, as they debate the merits of your entrance as a naval commander. True, you had managed to pass all the tests with good marks, but so had the last dozen or so other men who had left the room with tears. As whisper through your actions in class, you pray that the files concerning your more "personal" aspects have been misplaced, or, if they do find them, then they simply pass them off as simply something of a prank. Maybe they will see it as a-

"Telianna Rosewood!" A heavyset navy officer to the left of you interrupted. "Stand at attention!"
that man

Re: Kantai Collection: Virgin Waters (Earthsage)

Postby Earthsage » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:38 am

Telianna quickly stood, bringing herself to as much attention as she could on a few nights of no sleep and badly made meals, mostly because of her own stress at this test.
It didn't help her at all that the previous applicants had come back through the doors.. Not dejected, as she had expected the failures to be, but in full blown, snotty tears as they nearly fled from the room.
She quickly snapped off an officious "Sir!", towards her superior who had barked her name. Letting the muscles trained by long hours of doing this exact same motion take over for her, she feels slightly more relaxed as she waits for their decision to be made clear.
She hope she had made it, although considering the others, she may not have much hope..

My Fleet(For reference purposes)
Last edited by Earthsage on Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
An Axe, a shield, and a good fight are all y'need for a good time! That and some friends to share it with!
Earthsage

Postby that man » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:46 am

"We have reviewed your paperwork, test results, and past," the man paused, as the balding man on your right began to chuckle, "escapades. Not to mention, we have reviewed your requests for fleet girls, and, while it was reasonable, there are some concerns as to how you will deal with other admirals, we have come to an unanimous decision as to your fate."
that man

Postby Earthsage » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:51 am

This is it.
Whether she becomes an Admiral or not, and whether she continues in this navy or not, is entirely dependent upon what this grizzled sea dog says.
It's a strange, floating feeling to know, completely and truly, that whatever direction your life will take.. It's dependent upon the words and actions of one person. And it's even worse when you don't even know them that well.
Being the only girl.. Although, she wasn't entirely a girl, was she?.. In the barracks for Fleet Girl Admiral trainees wasn't easy. She had had to deal with the expected leers and comments from men pent up from too long at sea.. And the snide remarks and biting phrases that came from those who found out about her little secret.
Thankfully, the commander watching over them hadn't minded much when she had broken that one bugger's nose over a particularly rude comment after a particularly rough day, but still, that kind of thing is written down where you can never erase it.
If it was just that had held her back, so help her, she was going to break more than just his nose when she got out of here...
An Axe, a shield, and a good fight are all y'need for a good time! That and some friends to share it with!
Earthsage

Postby that man » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:31 am

"You will become an admiral," the man nodded.

Before any celebration could be had, he added a, "however, you request for having a fleet of girls of that size is...most impossible. Therefore, you have been assigned a fleet girl of our choosing, and was not simply chosen because her admiral died in the last battle."
that man

Postby Earthsage » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:34 am

A sigh escapes Telianna.. But she tenses up at the very last sentence.
It's bad enough that she had the fleet of a dead admiral.. But..
From the sounds of it.. It was a fleet of one.
Well.. One is considerably better than none. She saluted again, and said, "Thank you, sir. I will not let you down. May I ask where I'm to be assigned, and when I'm to meet my new fleet?"
Oh god she hoped it was a fleet.. And not just one ship.
This isn't going to be easy.. But she's made it past one hurdle. She'll just have to keep hopping them and if she falls, she'll have to fall with grace.
Earthsage

Postby that man » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:45 am

"Fleet girl," the fat man corrected, with a couple of slight smiles from the other two men. "You will only receive a single girl to start off with only a single girl."

"If you go out those doors," The old man in the middle jerked towards the doors behind him, "you will find her. If she's as we left her, she should still be crying."
that man

Postby Earthsage » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:51 am

Grimacing as she realized she misheard the last sentence.. It looks like she is getting a singular fleet girl to start off with.
With a nod and an appropriate farewell, Telianna moves to find her new command.. And prepares to comfort a grieving soul, as it appears the others weren't too fond of trying to do it themselves.
With enough time, anything heals, but helps to have a shoulder to cry on when these things happen. A loss in the military arts isn't unexpected.. But still, even the expected things hurt like a blow when they happen, no matter how well prepared you are.
Once she meets with this girl, she'll have to find out where they'll be stationed. She'll have a whole shipyard to manage, and she'll do it damn right!
So help her, she'll not be another dead admiral with more dead ships. The seas had too many of those already.
Earthsage

Postby that man » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:12 am

Leaving the commanders behind in the other room, Telianna finds her new Fleet Girl rather easily, despite not being told what exactly she looked like. Two other Fleet Girls were standing around and comforting a short, black-haired girl, who was clinging onto the one on her right.

"I didn't want this!" She bawled. "I didn't want to loose him!"
that man

Postby Earthsage » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:15 am

The newly ranked Admiral nods at the two girls silently, giving them thanks as they try to comfort their comrade.
Seeing the girl in such a state, she picks the girl up in her arms to give her a big, comforting hug.
"I know you didn't, dear.. I know you didn't. These things.. They happen at the worst times, don't they?"
Telianna gives the girl a few comforting pats on the back, not caring how soaked the front of her gets as she simply focuses on taking care of this poor thing.
"Come here, come here.. It'll be better, dear.. It won't stay bad forever. It can't..."
She starts humming an old navy tune, meant to commemorate the dead and the lost, honoring and glorying their sacrifices to prevent the Abyssals from swarming over to harm innocent lives.
It's not easy, being a Fleeter, you see.. You see..
But there's nothing else I'd ever want to be...
Earthsage

Postby that man » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:20 am

"I-I," the girl began, before the tune calmed her down. "I didn't mean to-"

Suddenly, she realized that she was holding an admiral, and instantly stopped crying while standing at attention.

"I'm sorry admiral," she bowed, "I'm sorry that I distracted you from your operations."
that man

Postby Earthsage » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:26 am

Telianna sighs, not used to being considered the one people had to pay attention too.
"At ease, Fleet Girl. Tell me your name and class designation first, and second.. Relax. You're under my command now, and right now you're my operations. You've been through a lot... Just breathe."
Telianna tries to get a better look at her new aquatic warrior, seeing how she'll fare against the rages of the sea..
Considering she survived where her admiral did not, it's no doubt that the girl is tough.
However, there's also no doubt she's shaken, and taking her into any kind of combat like this would be fool-hardy, and inviting disaster to dine at her doors.
For now, she'll focus on organizing her ship and her shipyard, figuring out how to do all of the things she needs to do now as an Admiral.
Earthsage

Postby that man » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:31 am

"Yes admiral." the Fleet Girl nodded. "My name is-"

Several seconds of strange silence passed between her "is" and her next statement, as if she was internally debating her next statement:

"My name is Fubuki, I am my own class of destroyer, and y...you are my admiral now."
that man

Postby Earthsage » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:35 am

Telianna gives a tired grin, and nods at Fubuki.
"Very well, Fubuki. It's good to meet you. I am Telianna Rosewood, and indeed I am your new admira.. W-woah!"
In an embarrassing display, the exhausted admiral trips as she attempts to move forward to shake the girl's hand.
She can barely stand on her own feet, and she really hopes she doesn't hit too hard when she hits the deck face first. Unless the Fleet Girl can catch her though.. But she may be in too much shock to do that after seeing another Admiral suddenly collapse.
Oh dear. This.. Isn't good.
Earthsage

Postby that man » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:45 am

"It is good to meet you-" Fubuki started, before Telianna fell down.

Rather than helping the admiral up initially, Fubuki stared for a couple of seconds, as if she was reliving a moment in her life. After snapping out of her stupor, Fubuki squatted down to help Telianna, unknowingly giving her a slight shot of under her skirt.

"Would you like help up, Admiral?" Fubuki asked.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Current fleet
NEW! Fubuki http://kancolle.wikia.com/wiki/Fubuki
HP 15/15
that man

Postby Earthsage » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:50 am

Are we doing Lust as a mechanic here, or no?

Rubbing her now sore nose, Telianna felt a familiar stirring below her belt as she caught a glimpse up Fubki's skirt. Blushing, and trying to pass it off as simple embarrassment from her fall, she waves a hand as she pulls herself up off the ground.
"N-no! No.. I should be alright. ... Heheh.. Some.. Some admiral I make, huh, Fubuki? I'm sorry.. I am very tired, and.. Well. I feel like we could both benefit from some rest and a good meal."
With a yawn to accentuate that sentence, she holds out her hand to the girl. "Come with me, dear. We had best find out where we're to dock, and we'll have to get ready to move on in the morning.."
Indeed. There are supplies to scavenge, Abyssals to fight.. They merely need some bed-rest, and they'll be all set to go!

Fleet Status:

Fubuki: 15/15 HP.
Earthsage

Postby that man » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:54 am

Yeah, I forgot about that...)/100 for her.

"It's fine, Admiral," Fubuki nodded, as she helped Telianna up. "I will help you to...well, my self, and then we can rest and prepare for our first sortie."

Taking a slight lead on Telianna, Fubuki motioned for her to follow.
that man

Postby Earthsage » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:59 am

Telianna sighs and follows the girl, still smarting a bit from both falling, and doing in front of her very first command.. What a mess.
"Very well, Fubuki. Thank you for dealing with me, as.. Well. I believe you can tell I am new to all of this. Is there anything specific you think I should know right now?"
Whilst Admiral training school was intent on drilling leadership and keeping your cool under pressure, they sure as hell didn't teach you much about actually managing a Fleet until your boots were already dripping with sea water..
She didn't know why, but it seemed silly to not just teach them right off the bat. But regardless, she'd learn.

Fleet Status:

Fubuki: 15/15 HP, 0/100 Lust.
Earthsage

Postby that man » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:40 am

"It's easy, Admiral," Fubuku began, as she explained how she worked.

Over the next three hours Fubuki dully answered all your questions pertaining to the execution, maintenance, and overall, anything related to the "fleet", while dodging any topic related to her own past, as well as the previous command.

After what seemed like an eternity of talking, Fubuki finally asked, "Would you like me to show you to your quarters?'
that man

Postby Earthsage » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:52 am

"That would be for the best, Miss Fubuki. Thank you for answering all of my questions..."
That was certainly exhausting.... And she was already tired from before! Telianna will collapse into whatever bed Fubuki brings her too, finally catching up on glorious sleep now that the selection process was over.
Earthsage

Next

Return to Private Games