Resident Evil:Last Night on Earth (Valtiel)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Resident Evil:Last Night on Earth (Valtiel)

Postby that man » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:29 pm

"Attention, Raccoon City University faculty and students!" The school PA system announced in the middle of advance English. "The Raccoon City Police Department has issued a warning to all students and faculty members. Please, evacuate the school, and return to your homes. This is not a drill."

All around Katherine Baker, the other students were milling around with confusion, as the announcement continued repeating itself. Eventually, some of them simply shrugged their, and began to form small groups for their trips "home".
that man

Re: Resident Evil:Last Night on Earth (Valtiel)

Postby Valtiel » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:17 pm

Katherine was a bit worried about all of this. Something like this had never happened before, and she couldn't quite figure it out what had caused everything. "Hey, Katherine, you there?" Lisa, her classroom friend talked her out of her trance. "Oh... oh yeah, I'm alright. Was just thinking about all of this..." Katherine replied to her friend. Lisa had blonde hair, and was one of the more popular girls in the class. "It's probably nothing, and we are going home early! Anyway, I'm going home, talk with you tomorrow!" Lisa waved as she ran on her way home. Katherine stood there, smiling and waved back, as she started walking back home. It was a 20 minutes walk home, that she always walked alone. She enjoyed it that way, making her relax her mind from a school day.

Why the school closed down was mysterious though. Why was it happening? She couldn't shake off the feeling of something big was happening. Hoping to find out what was going on when she got home, she started walking.
Valtiel

Postby that man » Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:38 am

As Katherine walked back home, she didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary, other than a slightly higher number of police and ambulance vehicles than normal. Occasionally though, if Katherine strained her ears, she could hear the sound of gunfire in the far distance, which, to be perfectly honest, wasn't all that uncommon. Maybe it was the sign of some sort of riot, but that hardly seemed like the most logical reason to shut down school. However, the normality of the situation changed when a women with short, black hair and a red shirtbolted out of an alleyway.

"Excuse me, miss!" She called out. "Do you have a phone on you?"
that man

Postby Valtiel » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:55 am

"I'm sorry, I don't have one," Katherine apologized. She still did not have a cell phone. Only phone she had was back home, which reminded her that she really wanted to call her parents at the moment. Katherine walked towards the woman, taking in her appearances. "Is there anything I can do to help? My name is Katherine by the way." She saw no reason not to be polite towards the woman. Hopefully nothing was wrong.
Valtiel

Postby that man » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:22 am

"Do you live nearby, Katherine?" The women asked, with a slight hint of rushing to her voice. "I really need to call...someone important to me, and I'd be willing to pay you for the time, if that's an issue."
that man

Postby Valtiel » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:55 am

"Yeah, I don't live far away from here. Has something happened?" Katherine walks over and looks into the alley, from where the woman ran from. "You can follow me there, on my way home. What's your name?" Katherine motions her to follow as she starts walking her way home. "Look, do you know anything about... unusual things happening? My class was cancelled and I don't understand why," Katherine asks the woman. Perhaps she's seen something.

Katherine hopes it wasn't going to be a problem having her go to her house. If it was a man, she would probably have said no. She just hopes she won't regret her decision letting a stranger get into the house. Looking at the street sign, she notices it won't be too long until they are there.
Valtiel

Postby that man » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:20 pm

"It's nothing that major," she shrugged. "I mean, thank you for letting me use your phone like this. I'm not sure what could have canceled your classes, but...it hopefully doesn't mean that my friend is in trouble."
that man

Postby Valtiel » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:21 pm

"Oh, I'm sure your friend is fine. I'm sure all of this is just something weird going on." Katherine tries to calm the woman down. "I didn't catch your name though." As they keep on walking, they soon reach the house of Katherine's parents. It's a pretty well-looking house, in a nice neighbourhood. Katherine couldn't wait to get inside, hopefully the woman could get in touch with her friend and Katherine could get in touch with her own parents.
Valtiel

Postby that man » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:19 am

"I know its weird," she sighed, before getting a good look at Katherine's house. "Wow! You live in a really nice house. How do you afford it?"
that man

Postby Valtiel » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:04 am

"It's my parents really, they work for Umbrella," Katherine says as she runs up to the front door, and starts unlocking the door. "Come on, it's open now." Walking into the house, the first thing you see when you come in is a huge hall, with stairs for the second floor in the middle. At one of the tables is the phone. "Hang on, I'll check the phone. Then you can use it," Katherine says as she picks up the phone, hopefully being able to use them.
Valtiel

Postby that man » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:11 pm

"Umbrella, huh?" The women asks, as she patiently waits for Katherine.

Picking up the phone, Katherine was greeted with dead silence, instead of the normal ring tone, and her feelings towards this new change showed plainly on her face. At the same time, the women was simply looking around the room she was in, not with anything resembling an air of curiosity, but more of an air of...discipline(?). She stopped looking around when she noticed Katherine's look.

"Is something wrong?" She asked.
that man

Postby Valtiel » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:18 pm

Katherine felt a certain fear creep up on her. She tried the typical Hollywood trick of hanging up on the phone with her fingers, but nothing worked. The phone line was dead. This had to be related to the reason why the school was cancelled. Putting down the phone, she looked at the woman with a startled face. "The phone, is dead. There is no tone," she said, looking for a response from the woman. Deciding to check the television, she quickly headed for the living room where they had a TV. "I will need to check the TV. Could you lock the door, please?" she said as she went into the living room, grabbing the remote control and clicked on channel 1. As she stood there, and waited for what felt like hours, she thought about getting her father's gun that was in his bedroom closet. This entire situation was feeling scary, the first though was war. Hopefully the television could tell her something.
Valtiel

Postby that man » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:59 am

"This is the emergency broadcast system," the t.v. announced, instantly gaining the women's attention. "A civil riot is currently in progress, and it is now dangerous for anyone to travel outside. Please, stay in your houses, and inform your local law enforcement units if there is any rioting in your area. This announcement will now repeat itself."
that man

Postby Valtiel » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:41 am

"My god..." Katherine says at the emergency broadcast. She looks at it repeating two times, before turning it off. She had to do something... she didn't think it would help her at all to just sit here. And why were there civil riots? Raccoon City was a nice town. None of this didn't make any sense. She looked back at the door she came from. Why wasn't the woman with her? She went out the way she came from, quickly running for her parents' bedroom. Getting inside their closet, she went for the top shelf reaching for a shoebox in there. This was where her daddy had the gun. She didn't know a lot about it, she never thought of using it but having it mad her safe. It had only a spare magazine.

Running back down, she was going to find the woman. Reaching the hall, she calls out. "Hello? Are you around here?" Katherine said as she walked down the stairs. "There are civil riots out there according to the TV. I am not sure what to do, they advice us to stay in our home." She strapped the gun in her skirt, making sure it was stuck there. "I am not sure what to do. Do you have any ideas?" she said out, hoping to find the woman. "And if you want to stay, it should be alright. As long as you tell me your name, so that I know who I am talking to."
Valtiel

Postby that man » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:20 pm

Walking around the house, Katherine realized that, the women had not left the house yet, but you are not able to find her. In the background, the T.V. continued to drone on its warning, as you continued searching for here. As Katherine neared the door to the basement, you realize that the door was opened recently, and that the faint sounds of another person moving around were echoing out of it.
that man

Postby Valtiel » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:27 pm

Katherine had started to doubt helping the stranger, she should have known something was amiss... but then again, the woman had seemed to be in distress. She slowly started walking down the stairs, making sure she went a bit quiet down. The basement was the only thing in the house that wasn't as pretty, it had yet to be restored like the rest of the house. This led to it not being used a whole lot.

Walking down, she wasn't sure if she should grab the gun. She didn't feel like shooting the woman, the very thought scared her. But if she had gone down here by accident... why had she done that? Katherine reached the bottom of the stairs, turning on the lights in the basement. "Hello? You're not supposed to be here lady. I want you out of here and explain to me why the hell you're acting this strange." Katherine tried to sound authoritative, but she could hear her own nervousness in her voice.
Valtiel

Postby that man » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:46 pm

Turning on the lights revealed some of the lab equipment that your parents brought home with them for the few times they had to do less dangerous side jobs, as well as the other odds and ends one would expect in their basement. The light also revealed your father sprawled out on the floor, with a small puddle of red forming underneath his body. It occurs to you that the lady might have just feigned her problems so that she could kill your father, and now, with you as the only real witness, may be after you.
that man

Postby Valtiel » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:00 pm

"Da-Daddy?" Katherine whispered, at the sight of her dead father. She couldn't believe it... he wasn't even supposed to be home! What was he doing here? As she kept on looking, she felt nausea, and she couldn't look at the body anymore. Walking back up the stairs, she has to stop half way up, as she throws up. It was the first time she had seen a dead body, but... it was her own father! As she stopped throwing up, she remembered the woman was still around. She must have been the one who did this... and she herself had led the woman here!

Not caring for the woman, Katherine pulls out the gun, and releases the safety. She had to get out... it wasn't safe anymore! She quietly walked up the remaining stairs, looking into the hall. If it was clear, she was going to run outside. If the woman was in the house, she was in danger, she had to find the neighbours and get help.
Valtiel

Postby that man » Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:21 am

Before Katherine could fully asses the situation outside of the stairway, she heard a faint moaning sound emerge from the basement, quickly followed by a loud crash of glassware. It might just be the women trying to draw you into a trap, but at the same time, the moaning sounded almost like the person was in pain...almost like her father had survived his ordeal.
that man

Postby Valtiel » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:20 am

"Daddy?" Katherine asked out in the air, not getting a response. Maybe he was still alive! Not thinking too much about it being a trap, Katherine quickly went down the stairs and started walking over to her daddy's body. "Daddy, are you alright?"
Valtiel

Next

Return to Private Games