Dark Souls: A Wanderer's Journey. (KnightVanilla)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Dark Souls: A Wanderer's Journey. (KnightVanilla)

Postby KnightVanilla » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:10 pm

Hearing the hollows coming down the stairs she would use the stairs to funnel them out one at a time and with Alinara to back her up with spells.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby Earthsage » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:18 pm

You quickly execute your plan, and the hollows fall so easily it's not even funny. You can now progress further into the Parish Church.. Or explore a bit, as you see the same strange platforms from before.. And you also see another exit, on the opposite side of the church, leading out to a long pathway.. To some sort of tower, in the distance.
+100 souls for defeating the Hollows!

Aria's Stats:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Health: 20/20
Lust: 0/100
Equipment: Light Chainmail Set(+2 to defense rolls,+1 to movement rolls!) , Strange Blade(+1 to combat rolls!), Metal Shield(+1 to defense rolls!), Leather Shield.
Estus: 4/5
Souls: 2625
Normal.
Covenant Status: Way of White: 1/1 Savior Left.
Daily posts remaining: 6

Alinara's Stats:

HP: 15/15
Estus: 5/5
Magic casts: Soul Arrow(28/30), Create Light (5/5)
Equipment: Sorcerer's set, dagger, sorcerer's catalyst.
Normal.
An Axe, a shield, and a good fight are all y'need for a good time! That and some friends to share it with!
Earthsage

Postby KnightVanilla » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:20 pm

For now however she would continue her exploration of the church deciding it would be best to find what she could now before checking the other locations.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby Earthsage » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:26 pm

The church is empty for the most part.. You do find a .. Dead corpse, in strange looking armor, laying in an open cell somewhere up there. You get the strange feeling that this bronze-clad fellow.. Wouldn't have been nice..
He has a giant stone spear sticking through his chest. What could have caused that?

You make your way up to the top of the Church, almost reaching the roof, when you're stopped by another.. Wall, of some sort.
Well, you know what that means...

Question, do you want to find a companion when you go to the next Bell location, or wait until after that? TYou'll only be able to have 2 companions at once.

Aria's Stats:

Equipment: Light Chainmail Set(+2 to defense rolls,+1 to movement rolls!) , Strange Blade(+1 to combat rolls!), Metal Shield(+1 to defense rolls!), Leather Shield.
Normal.
Daily posts remaining: 5

Alinara's Stats:

Normal.
An Axe, a shield, and a good fight are all y'need for a good time! That and some friends to share it with!
Earthsage

Postby KnightVanilla » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:29 pm

(Dont care either way... Laurtrec should be caged up in here.... I'm hoping for fun time with him as he is a fun and helpful character. Also dont kill off characters before I get to meet them.)

Investigating the church some more she would try to find someone who knew more of the place before she tried to reach for teh bell.
KnightVanilla

Postby Earthsage » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:32 pm

Who said that was Lautrec? I sure didn't.
.. No, seriously, that wasn't Lautrec. You never got the key, so I decided to give him a reason for escaping, sorry for the spoilers.
I don't do that kind of stuff, sorry for giving that impression.

The Church feels very empty. You look in every nook and cranny, but you don't see anyone here.. The only options left are to advance through the fog..
Or explore some other area.

Aria's Stats:

Normal.
Daily posts remaining: 4

Alinara's Stats:

Normal.
Earthsage

Postby KnightVanilla » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:37 pm

(Well I got no idea where the key is its been some time and there should be a noticable breakable wall that leads to his cage. Considering in game he can help with the gargogle fight.)

Searching the church more she found a path that led to a boarded up path deciding that maybe it would lead somewhere useful she would break down the barricade and see what was in it. Looking around she found a strange man in a cage. Who had yet to speak.... hopefully they could find the key soon.
KnightVanilla

Postby Earthsage » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:39 pm

Following the path.. You're at where you were earlier. The armored person is still very dead, and anything else that would have been here is long gone..
You do remember some strange.. Hissing?.. When you neared the fog gate. You wonder what that could be.

Aria's Stats:

Normal.
Daily posts remaining: 3

Alinara's Stats:

Normal.
Earthsage

Postby KnightVanilla » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:47 pm

Deciding to continue past the fog hoping that things could go smoothly. However before seh went off to fight she would search around the fog gate for something useful then continue on.
KnightVanilla

Postby Earthsage » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:02 pm

As you make your way back to the fog-gate, a shining gold symbol appears on the ground with the same hissing noise you heard before. When you touch it, you feel a.. Connection..
And the knight from before rises slowly out of the ground, striking a pose. He follows you when you move, but doesn't speak.. Maybe he'll help you now, though?

Aria's Stats:

Normal.
Daily posts remaining: 2

Alinara's Stats:

Normal.
Earthsage

Postby KnightVanilla » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:15 pm

Moving past the fog she prepares herself for a fight with sword and shield out and ready to use.
KnightVanilla

Postby Earthsage » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:19 pm

You walk forward, through the fog, and listen to the strange, warped sounds that signify your allies followed you..
And then, out of the sky, a giant stone Gargoyle wings down. It's a massive thing, and you have no idea how it can possibly fly.. It's barring your way forward, and you see its time weathered companion just about to join it! You're in for a fight now!

Stone Gargoyle 1: 30/30 HP.
Stone Gargoyle 2: 10/30 HP, out of reach this turn.

Aria's Stats:

Normal.
Daily posts remaining: 1

Alinara's Stats:

Normal.

Solaire's Phantom HP: 35/35
Earthsage

Postby KnightVanilla » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:22 pm

Charging the first golem Aria would attack the golem from behind attempting to break off its tail. As solair would tank and Alimara would support with magic.
KnightVanilla

Postby Earthsage » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:28 pm

Aira combat roll: Natural 20!
Result: Stone Gargoyle 1 loses its tail, and takes 15 damage! (15/30)

Alinara combat roll: 19!
Stone Gargoyle 1's defense roll: Natural 1!
Result: Stone Gargoyle 1 is defeated!
Alinara uses 1 cast of Soul Arrow. (27/30)

Gargoyle 2 Arrives!
Gargoyle 2's combat roll: 13!
Aria's defense roll: Natural 20!
Result: Stone Gargoyle 2 is defeated!

+2000 souls!

In a stunning display, you manage to chop off one of the giant beast's tails, while your companion finishes it off with a quick shot to its screaming mouth, and then you impale the second one on your sword as it tries to strike you!
You're victorious, and even gained the beast's axe like tail as an extra weapon. Its bulky size makes it harder to hit things, but it will do a lot of damage. (+3 damage upon successful attack, -2 to combat rolls.)

Solaire's Phantom fades, as you are now clear to go forward and ring the first bell of the undead.

Aria's Stats:

Equipment: Light Chainmail Set(+2 to defense rolls,+1 to movement rolls!) , Strange Blade(+1 to combat rolls!), Metal Shield(+1 to defense rolls!), Leather Shield, Gargoyle Tail Axe (+3 damage upon successful attack, -2 to combat rolls.)
Souls: 4625
Normal.
Daily posts remaining: 0!

Alinara's Stats:

Normal.
Earthsage

Postby KnightVanilla » Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:31 pm

Heading for the bell she tries to see if she can ring it hopefully it would give her a moment to find other things after ringing the bell. (I usually try to fast forward my posts so yeah I wrung the bell now merchant and Lautrec now.)
KnightVanilla

Postby Earthsage » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:45 pm

You easily climb up the very tall, almost excessively tall tower, ring the bell.. And then when you return to the bottom of the tower, you see two people.
One is a man dressed in all black robes, arms spread wide as if he was praying.
The other is another man in bronze armor, with the symbol of grasping arms embossed on the chestplate. The man also wields two large, curved blades.. He looks dangerous, but not.. Hostile. Not yet.

Aria's Stats:

Equipment: Light Chainmail Set(+2 to defense rolls,+1 to movement rolls!) , Strange Blade(+1 to combat rolls!), Metal Shield(+1 to defense rolls!), Leather Shield, Gargoyle Tail Axe (+3 damage upon successful attack, -2 to combat rolls.)
Normal.
Daily posts remaining: 9

Alinara's Stats:

Normal.
Earthsage

Postby KnightVanilla » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:16 pm

Seeing the two new people Aria would decide to introduce herself. "Hello I'm Aria and you are?"
KnightVanilla

Postby Earthsage » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:19 pm

The praying man is more verbose, as he says, "I am Oswald of Carim, pardoner of sins. Should you have any sins you bear, fear not.. I will help you free yourself of them."
You're not sure how useful that will be..
The other man simply mutters, "Lautrec..."

Aria's Stats:

Normal.
Daily posts remaining: 8

Alinara's Stats:

Normal.
Earthsage

Postby KnightVanilla » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:39 pm

"Well nice to meet you both... so Lautrec... you wouldn't happen to be busy by chance. I'm about to head back to fire link shrine." (Through the shortcut elevator in the church.) Aria asked also seemingly interested in this person he was a knight rather strange demeanor but he could be helpful in more ways than one.
KnightVanilla

Postby Earthsage » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:48 pm

Lautrec's will roll: 13!
Aria's charm roll: 7!
Result: Lautrec doesn't budge!

The knight waves a hand condescendingly, as if tired by your very presence. "I plan to rest here for a while, before returning to Firelink shrine myself.. I must say thank you for clearing out those pesky gargoyles.. Hehehehe.. They made it hard to have a conversation with the good Pardoner, here..."

It looks like he'll be waiting here for a while. You wonder when he'll show up at Firelink?

Aria's Stats:

Normal.
Daily posts remaining: 7

Alinara's Stats:

Normal.
Earthsage

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games