Sweet Revenge [LAUGHINGHYENA]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Sweet Revenge [LAUGHINGHYENA]

Postby Kuragari » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:07 pm

PC
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Name: Jack Williams
Alias: Monarch
Description: Image
Bio: Jack Williams didn't have it easy as a child as born with little to his name and a broken home helped put him into an outlook of looking out only for himself. Education didn't come easily to him and soon turned to crime at a young age. Arrested for drug possession he wound up in juvenile detention, it was here where he sought to control his drug addiction by becoming a dealer instead of a buyer. Using a few connections in prison he began to work the streets upon his release at eighteen. Eventually however he stepped on the wrong toes when one of his buyers turned out to be the daughter of a mob boss in sin city.

He was trussed up and tossed into a hazardous disposal center to be lost with the muck and hopefully remove any way to identify the body. However he didn't die. Instead the drugs he had been taking had a reaction to the chemicals and altered his physiology. It made him tougher than a normal human and crawled his way out of the chemicals. Eventually he was sent to the hospital and during this time he began to learn just how changed he truly was internally. The chemicals and drug laced body had given him access to more of his brain allowing him to literally manipulate objects with his mind alone. He had become a full fledged metahuman in his infancy.

Now he wants revenge and a greater piece of the pie of Sin City and no hero nor villain shall stand in his way. He shall make certain of that.

Skills:

Strength: 7
Agility: 5
Toughness: 6
Intelligence: 3
Willpower: 5
Charisma: 4

Superpowers:

Telekinesis - Jack has gained the power to move objects and create physical force and interaction with his mind. He can stop large rubble from falling onto him, push back explosive force, and stop bullets with his mind. He also uses it for offensive capabilities by means of throwing large objects like a tank or armored truck, physically manhandling someone with his telekinesis or by putting a buffing zone near his fist to amp up punches. In forms of utility he can fall from great heights using telekinesis to make a cushion of force to land safely, to using it to propel himself into great strides and leaps. There is much versatility in just this one power.

Perks and Flaws:

Survivor - Jack has struggled to stay alive in the worst of humanity from child to adult and that toughness has allowed him to endure some of the most intense hardships imaginable. Whether he is born lucky in this regard or through sheer testament to the human spirit he lives on despite what is thrown at him. Should Jack fall to an enemy there is a chance he will survive the encounter in some fashion. Such as a fall into a seemingly bottomless pit and similar situations where one might assume he's dead.

Strong Willed - Jack is a very stubborn and imposing presence even before his superpowers. It is what allowed him to control his drug addiction in such a way that it does not utterly break him. It is what allowed hi to keep on living despite the terrible calamity that gave him his powers. And it is what allows him to continue with a life of crime despite the sheer brutality he has endured at the hands of the criminal underworld.

Appealing Image - Jack actually is quite the attractive rogue and there may very well be certain admirers among even the most pleasant members of society whom might want a bad boy for a moment. Maybe they think they can tame him, maybe they are viewing him as forbidden fruit but there is some kind of raw sexual charisma within Jack that ladies of the more clean type find appealing.

Drug Addiction - Whilst Jack has a strong will he is still not immune to his own need for recreational drugs. His habit of beaming a seller of drugs and supplier to the ones more dependent of the illegal substances is just a way to cope with the mechanism and also allow him to have a steady supply to maintain some degree of self control. Jack becomes more eccentric and unhinged if he does not have a fix or access to his vice and it could impede his judgement.

Distracted by the Sexy - Jack is a man whom deeply appreciates the female body and if there is an opportunity to have this sin of the flesh be it by human trafficking, enslavement of a super heroine, kidnapping of a sexy reporter, he will take it despite more logical steps he might otherwise take. For some reason Jack just won't kill a super heroine, super villainess, or hot bombshell of a civilian, unless he cannot avoid it or if it would extremely jeopardize him.

Summary: Sin City...one of the toughest, most corrupt cities in the world, and home of some of its worst Super-villains. Few heroes ever bother to try and enter this city and bring justice and good to its streets, for most are quickly dealt with by the coalition of Villains, who while they may not like each other and are often at odds with one another to one extent or another, they have all sworn to keep the city free of Heroes.

But not you. No, with what was done to you, even though it has gifted you with powers your killers could never dream of possessing, you know that the Heroes aren't exactly your enemy. Their an annoyance, and easily dealt with. No...you've decided that for once, you are going to do more than survive. You are going to crush those who sought your death, and pave the way for your eventual take over of the city. Forcing all the mob bosses and villains to bow down to you or die.

Sin City hasn't had a true King of Crime for more than 100 years. Its time to change that.

You've recovered from your stay in the hospital, and after scaring off a bunch of young pretenders, have reclaimed one of the warehouses you had used as a safehouse. You are currently waiting for some of your contacts to arrive so you can get started on building up what shall be Sin Cities greatest Criminal Empire.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Feel free to suggest some names and background for said contacts
Kuragari

Re: Sweet Revenge [LAUGHINGHYENA]

Postby Laughing Hyena » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:40 am

No superheroic tights, no alter ego yet, just him and his powers at the moment sitting at a dusty desk up in an office had had many panes of glass broken by vandals that had thrown stones at it. Getting rid of those gangbangers was quite easy and incredibly satisfying considering everything that had happened at this point. Kyle Richards was one of his contacts he was waiting on and one of the better wheelmen in the city. Able to get from point a to point be without anyone being the wiser of his cargo. He was going to need him for another job and this one was going to be big. The mob had thought they had gotten rid of Jack and that gave him an edge. Now he could hit them hard. However he needed an informant and thats where a hacker named Marissa Thomas came into play. If there was any dirt to be found or a secret she didn't know she'd find it and then exploit it to high hell. He had to wonder if she actually knew yet about his false death and rebirth into a metahuman. Either way these two were going to be an vital part of this next job.
Laughing Hyena

Postby Kuragari » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:16 pm

Laughing Hyena Wrote:No superheroic tights, no alter ego yet, just him and his powers at the moment sitting at a dusty desk up in an office had had many panes of glass broken by vandals that had thrown stones at it. Getting rid of those gangbangers was quite easy and incredibly satisfying considering everything that had happened at this point. Kyle Richards was one of his contacts he was waiting on and one of the better wheelmen in the city. Able to get from point a to point be without anyone being the wiser of his cargo. He was going to need him for another job and this one was going to be big. The mob had thought they had gotten rid of Jack and that gave him an edge. Now he could hit them hard. However he needed an informant and thats where a hacker named Marissa Thomas came into play. If there was any dirt to be found or a secret she didn't know she'd find it and then exploit it to high hell. He had to wonder if she actually knew yet about his false death and rebirth into a metahuman. Either way these two were going to be an vital part of this next job.

Its a good thirty minutes before anyone shows up, leaving you to amuse yourself with your new powers in the office as you wait. Soon however, you hear a car outside, and the warehouse door opens up as Richards walks in. You note that he seems to be a little wary and cautious as he enters, looking about like he half expects a ghost to pop in out of nowhere.
Kuragari

Postby Laughing Hyena » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:25 am

"Whats wrong Richards? You look like you have seen a ghost?" He said humored as he opened the door to the office and lets his voice ring out. Richards of course climbed up gun in hand in case this happens to be a trap. It wasn't of course but he didn't know that. The Gun then went out of his hand and began hovering it midair as the safety was clicked back on before it floats back over to him. "Oh I don't think you will be needing the gun. Not that it wouldn't be fun to test whether or not I can stop a bullet with my mind" Jack sat there going over the records. "You see Richards, you are my best supplier of goods and as such I need to get back in the game. The edge I now have over the cartels and mob is one they think I am dead and two I have a few new tricks up my sleeve as I just demonstrated. We could rise to the top and I'm more than willing to bring you there with me." He would give a slight grin that just showed how ambitious he had become. "Sure it is risky but the very nature of this business is risky."
Laughing Hyena

Postby Kuragari » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:20 pm

Laughing Hyena Wrote:"Whats wrong Richards? You look like you have seen a ghost?" He said humored as he opened the door to the office and lets his voice ring out. Richards of course climbed up gun in hand in case this happens to be a trap. It wasn't of course but he didn't know that. The Gun then went out of his hand and began hovering it midair as the safety was clicked back on before it floats back over to him. "Oh I don't think you will be needing the gun. Not that it wouldn't be fun to test whether or not I can stop a bullet with my mind" Jack sat there going over the records. "You see Richards, you are my best supplier of goods and as such I need to get back in the game. The edge I now have over the cartels and mob is one they think I am dead and two I have a few new tricks up my sleeve as I just demonstrated. We could rise to the top and I'm more than willing to bring you there with me." He would give a slight grin that just showed how ambitious he had become. "Sure it is risky but the very nature of this business is risky."

Richards freaks out, backpeddling and almost hitting his ass on the floor the instant he sees you. He becomes even more panicky when you take his gun from him without even being next to him. When you give it back to him, he almost seems reluctant to take it back, before snatching it out of the air, though he doesn't seem to point it at you. The man may be frightened, but he's not an idiot. "H-How?! I heard...I heard what they did Jack...how the fuck are you alive?! And how can you-" he waves his hands into the air, referring no doubt to the powers you just showed off to him.

There's the sound of a car coming up outside...from your vantage point you have a good look through one of the warehouses busted windows. It seems Marissa had arrived, strutting out of her car in her long skin tight jumpsuit that had several pieces of techie gear attached to it, which for some snuffed away some of the sex appeal she had, but in your own way you see it as just another reason to find her highly appealing. You know for a fact that she has her own vices just like you do, but like you, when its time to get serious, she's ready in an instant.

Her face turns toward the window...is she...she is looking at you...that smirk says it all.
Kuragari

Postby Laughing Hyena » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:24 am

"I don't know how but when the mob decided to kill me by immersing me in those chemicals, I guess they didn't figure I was always poisoning my body." He said with a bit of gallows humor to his voice as he then laughed a bit harder. "Oh the pains I went through and all they managed to do is give me super powers. I am so looking forward to finding out just how much farther I can go now with this." He rubbed his hands over his face and it rakes through his short hair showing crazed eyes filled with absolute vengeance fuming in his face. He would then slowly begin to settle down a touch after that white hot rage. His eyes glance down following the window as the car came to a halt. He smiled a touch knowing the shape of those shapely legs and his tongue rolls slowly over his lips looking over the femme fatale like sweet eye candy. Once she came in he would continue to speak on the matter. "It's time for us to start planning. We're going to get the newest stash of drugs from the runners and claim them for ourselves… selling them to the junkies for a mere four percent off. They'll pay through the nose if it's slightly cheaper."

(Sorry for the delay. I hit a major roadblock trying to write something up)
Laughing Hyena

Postby Kuragari » Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:10 am

Laughing Hyena Wrote:"I don't know how but when the mob decided to kill me by immersing me in those chemicals, I guess they didn't figure I was always poisoning my body." He said with a bit of gallows humor to his voice as he then laughed a bit harder. "Oh the pains I went through and all they managed to do is give me super powers. I am so looking forward to finding out just how much farther I can go now with this." He rubbed his hands over his face and it rakes through his short hair showing crazed eyes filled with absolute vengeance fuming in his face. He would then slowly begin to settle down a touch after that white hot rage. His eyes glance down following the window as the car came to a halt. He smiled a touch knowing the shape of those shapely legs and his tongue rolls slowly over his lips looking over the femme fatale like sweet eye candy. Once she came in he would continue to speak on the matter. "It's time for us to start planning. We're going to get the newest stash of drugs from the runners and claim them for ourselves… selling them to the junkies for a mere four percent off. They'll pay through the nose if it's slightly cheaper."

(Sorry for the delay. I hit a major roadblock trying to write something up)

Richards listens to your story, but even still, he seems very skittish about things, especially when you started talking about your plans. "N-Now hold on...that sounds a little crazy, ya know that right? Just cause ya got super powers now doesn't mean your invincible..."

"Sounds like he hasn't changed much then." The voice of Marissa calls out as she struts in, eyeing your appraisingly. Unlike Richards, she doesn't seem bothered by the fact that you are now some super human or some sort. But then, she's worked with some of them before, while Richards has kept mostly to the more regular gangs and crime lords. "So, are we going for the ol standard of revenge, or are we going for something a bit more original?"

When you fill her in on your idea, she frowns at you. "Pfft, what's the point of that? The price for drugs is already crashing since some weirdo kid started selling some new cash cow that's got half the druggies already hooked. He's been selling it for less than five bucks a pop."
Kuragari

Postby Laughing Hyena » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:53 pm

"Nope, you're right I am not but you know what, neither are they and I for one am fucking sick of being at the bottom of the feeding grounds. These powers can change all that for the lot of us. This city deserves a new kind of criminal and we shall be the ones to give it to them." He was about to speak on something else entirely but Richard had hit a nerve and he had to vent it out. Sure he was after revenge of course but he wasn't blind about it. He was ambitious and more than willing take power instead of being permitted to obtain it. When his eyes were upon Marissa and her sexy form coming into view of that derelict office door, he listened to what she was saying about going for revenge or something original. "A bit of both. I'm pissed naturally but I enjoy the idea of taking what is someone else's even more so." When she shot down his initial plan and informed him about some weirdo of a kid that was getting all the junkies hooked dirt cheap it did send a jolt of anger in him that already things had changed so much that his plan was shot to shit. "Well the answer is to either kill the snot, or come up with a different idea. Are you perhaps making a suggestion of your own to pitch because I am open to the suggestions."
Laughing Hyena

Postby Kuragari » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:28 pm

Richards still seems unsure...you find yourself wondering if something has changed since you last saw him. It hasn't been that long, so you doubt anything big could have happened...as for Marissa, she smirked as she said "Hey now, there's no need to necessarily kill the kid...murder is messy and harder to hide. Since you want to get back in on the game, I think we could try something a little more...unorthodox."

"Of course..." She murmurs, drawing closer to you, leaning an arm on your shoulder as she licks her lips, "I need to know whats in it for me first before I give you any info...want to get the most value outta my intell after all..."

Her eyes shone with an inner hunger, though what exactly she was hungering for was open to interpretation.
Kuragari

Return to Private Games