Blade's Watch (MASIGMA)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Blade's Watch (MASIGMA)

Postby KnightVanilla » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:46 am

The world has been filled with the cruelty of men and beasts. Months have passed by since the kingdom has fallen and you're people enslaved. Those that notice you have tried to take you in as a prize only to be cut down by the blade your make. The world is cruel same as it ever was and you are just now noticing it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Name: Maya Umbura
background: A Drow elf who once served proudly, while away on a mission she returned to find her kingdom destroyed and people enslaved, she now seeks revenge on those responsible while trying to make a living as a sellsword.
Abilities: Swordsmanship, foraging, silver tongue
Weaknesses: Loner, sensitive to sexual stimulation and dirty talk

Within the town of Cliensford you have been working on just protections jobs transporting goods through town from town. Having reached this destination now you have earned your keep and are free to go. Only making 40 silver which is rather little pay for risking your life. Although it would be enough for the next job. Every so often when you blink or close your eyes to rest you see the remains of your home. Destroyed and nothing left to salvage. You have had little progress on reaching the culprits to have done this however you know your targets. A group of bandits and another raiding party of orcs. The group from what you know is known as the 'Scarlet Phantasm'. Apparently renowned for some other great atrocities. Rumored to have many kingdoms under their control and having the orcs to do the dirty work usually. Recently however the reason you came to this town was because of a supposed bounty soon to arrive. Apparently a masked warrior who had a 200 gold coin bounty on his head. With the only description of were his masks. Not much of a lead however there were many other hunters here. You were worried at first that they may turn on you but the reward is far higher than what they'd get if they captured and sold you as a slave so you think you'll be safe for the time being.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Re: Blade's Watch (MASIGMA)

Postby MASigma » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:55 am

Maya frowned as she entered the town, figuring her exotic appearance would draw attention and perhaps some unwanted attention... but she'd dealt with such things before. What she truly wanted was to just get this job done and get the gold she needed to look more into the "Scarlet Phantasm" if only to make them pay for what they'd done to her home and people. She grit her teeth at the mere thought of orcs, eager to find some and slaughter them when she had the time to do so, if only to lower her current fury. With a sigh she calmed herself down, looking to the paper she had with the details of this job, figuring she'd check out the information just once more since she was here.
MASigma

Postby KnightVanilla » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:16 am

Reviewing the job it was a bounty on a masked man who had the murder of his fellow soldiers and desertion of his post. There was very little description of him although. Except that he wore three masks. One on his face, obviously, and the others slung across his body. Apparently the masks gave him unnatural abilities and the most distinct weapon was his war talons. Supposedly they were crimson red. Baring the blood of his victims on his weapon. A lot of rumors like these spread around and it usually was from the bravado of the men you hunted on occasion. However it made you wonder if it was true most of the villagers live outside of the towns wall. Even those who lived within the wall were moving with their neighbors. Other than hunting him every warrior in town was being paid 10 gold for just being here to protect some big shot noble.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby MASigma » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:19 am

Maya frowned, wondering where she went to get involved in that bit, figuring 10 gold would be nice just to have on hand... with this in mind she began looking for the nearest tavern, figuring it'd be the best place to get some information. 10 gold just for protecting some big shot noble sounded just fine with her... plus she could rent herself a room with the silver she had on hand hopefully.
MASigma

Postby KnightVanilla » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:42 am

Heading to the town guard you were able to get your 10 gold easily. All the requirements were to stay in the town for tonight and to fight the person on the bounty should you spot him. As you head into the tavern to order a room you feel an arm wrap around you. "Hey there elf... Haven't seen a drow sellsword in a long time. A definite beauty too... Come on sit with us we're talking about the job and we think we could use your skills." before you can get a word out you are dragged to a table of other sellswords men and women from different walks of life. "So listen no one has been able to take this monster down by themselves. We're a mercenary group. We call ourselves the Blade's Watch and we're hoping for you to be our 10th member. To our knowledge to bring in the bounty alive to the noble its a 500 gold bounty so we could split it 10 ways. Once we get this job dome we'll be famous and be able to get better jobs be even more great hahahah." Looking at him a purpled haired young man who seemed rather too optimistic. Although their gear said otherwise. The group was mixed of different proffesions and roles. However they seemed to be missing a swords man. "Well will you join?"
KnightVanilla

Postby MASigma » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:59 am

Maya tensed as she was grabbed, glaring at the bastard who dared to touch her without permission, only to curse as she was forced into joining the others and sitting with them, listening to what this asshole had to say. By the end she just rolled her eyes, they were just newbie's who thought themselves tough shit," I haven't heard anything that would make me want to join", she pointed out bluntly," Besides, I'm well known enough to get my own jobs... and I'd prefer just the full reward for myself", she explained simply, rising from the table to move to leave," Now if you'll excuse me, I have to rent myself a room"
MASigma

Postby KnightVanilla » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:08 am

"Wait!!!" He clung on her desperately. "Just listen.... I pulled you aside cause I thought you could well lead us... We're inexperienced yes but we're all here for the same reason you are... We've been orphaned by those Orcs." His voice and overall stature changes as he says this. His movements more refined. "Out of the group I'm the only one with combat experience but I need you to help. There is a reward for investing in people... Remember that." He says before letting you go do whatever as he tries his best to cheer up the rest. In his group after you rent your room you take your time to sleep till you wake to the horn all the sellswords to be patrolling he town for the rest of he night in search for this bounty. Not too long after you hear screams coming from the south end. Running towards it you only find a eviscerated body and a trail of blood heading north towards the noble.
KnightVanilla

Postby MASigma » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:14 am

Maya turned to glare at him for touching her again without permission, the urge to just slam a booted foot into his balls hard to resist... before sighing as he tells his tale," Fine,but I'm only working with you all for this job... after I'm done and we're square", she offers in turn, she had no need to stick with them beyond this job... she'd never allow herself to get close to anyone ever again. Maya growled as she heard the screams the next day, glaring at the corpse only to rush and follow the blood trail, blade in hand as she moved right to the Noble's home, hoping whatever guards he has already would last long enough for her to arrive and assist.
MASigma

Postby KnightVanilla » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:27 am

As you reach the nobles house you find the street covered in blood and gore of the guardsmen the few alive were the sellswords who positioned themselves to intercept him. As you only get a quick glimpse of the noblemen screaming for help as he was being dragged off. Running straight for him you find the bounty his back to you as he was holding the noblemen up with one hand. Pushing him against the wall. "I want information.... Tell me where my 'Associates' are and I'll let you live." The distance was to great to start charging him. As the noble would squirm for freedom. "I don't know who you're talking about..... Please let me go!" The masked man growled as he punched him good. "The Scarlet Phantasm!!! I know you're trading information with them now tell me... Where can I find them." Just when you got in charging distance you stop. Trying to figure out what was going on. As you get a clear view of his war talons bearing the same insignia the Orcs had that destroyed tour kingdom.
KnightVanilla

Postby MASigma » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:30 am

Maya's eyes narrowed at that, aiming her blade at the killer," Hold it right there, I got paid money to protect him... so don't think you're going to do a thing so long as I'm around", she told him firmly... only to frown," do you have any proof he's with the Scarlet Phantasm?", she questioned, the sight of the insignia enough to make her question just what the hell was going on.
MASigma

Postby KnightVanilla » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:55 am

"Hmph... I don't have time for this." He throws the noble up onto the roof. Jumping up moment after him onto the roof. With only moments you see the Blade's watch giving chase to the man. Following as you took several turns left and right to find the man. Only to get there just in time to see him toss the limp body of the noble you were supposed to protect. You were silent before the leader of the watch yelled out. "You!... You you lead those damn Orcs and killed our families!!!" The masked man turned and nodded in confirmation. Which meant that he lead the attack on your kingdom.... As you were still trying to comprehend this. The leader called him out to a duel. Raising his blade as he charged all to quickly. As the masked man made several cuts to his arms. However having underestimated the young man he was stabbed by a lucky thrust. "I... I did it... I.. " time seemed to slow down for only an instant as you saw the man pick himself up with the sword still in him drawing it out to stab him. The other members of the watch rush I to his aid and they were now fighting a losing battle. As you looked at the man masked he looked as if he should be dead. Pale skin and gray foggy eyes. If you didn't do something he would kill the rest of he watch.
KnightVanilla

Postby MASigma » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:01 am

Maya took the chance that he wasn't paying attention, leaping at his back as she hefted her blade, before swinging it as she intended to cut his head right off. Whatever this dead bastard was, even he couldn't function without his head after all. He would pay... pay for the sins of those wretched creatures that killed her people and family!
MASigma

Postby KnightVanilla » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:25 am

Maya's blade made its mark. Landing its blow, however unable to cut through his neck. The body turned after throwing aside the last of the watch and begins to strangle you. It gave you a curious stare as you continued to lose air. "I killed your friends... Family and people... There is no point in talking anymore... They are dead... So die... Die and be with your loved ones... Die..... Die with me." the masked man said to you as you struggled for air. As you looked up at him to have tears falling from his face as you slip into darkness. Slowly you awake to a bed within a strange looking office as you see the leader and a rather stranger looking at you. To your dismay you notice the leader looked differently as you now recognize him as a mage within the drow. "Hey there Maya... I know you have a lot of questions but let me re intoruce myself I am Algera. Mage knight to our people as for this guy he was.... Well the last person you saw." The young man looked to you sadly. Before turning away "Now if you must know you've been asleep for over 4 days and this man here is your partner within the Blade's Watch...... He'll lead you to where you want to and for what he's done to our people well. I'll let you talk about that later." The remainder of the day shoots by rather quickly most of the day you don't even see the masked man. You are glad enough to discover the leader of this apparent small mercenary guild was run by Algera the members were from villages surrounding your kingdom during the attack. At the end of the day you were tasked to be sent out with the masked man. From what you heard after you passed out the masked man regained control and tried to save your life. Apparently a powerful magic was at work when his blood was spilled. As you ride horse back along with this stranger you just realize how fast everything seemed to past. Unsure of you should trust this man yet you are a little curious to ask a few questions.
KnightVanilla

Postby MASigma » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:00 pm

"... Give me a REALLY good reason I should even work with you?", Maya demanded as they rode along together, turning her fierce look onto him," For one, I promised only to assist that group in that job... which is over and secondly you still helped them kill my people... if anything I should gut you and just go on my way", she noted firmly,"... so get talking!"
MASigma

Postby KnightVanilla » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:44 pm

"Heh... well I know where you'll want to be heading... and you killing me? That would be a good day if that could happen." A soft smile came from his lips as he kept glancing back at you. Seemingly eyeing you up and down. "You know... I've seen orcs rape and make sex slaves out of your kind. Never took part in that sort of behavior... but I have been curious what it would had been like to be with a beauty such as yourself..." He waited to see you flush a bit as he laughed a little. "Oh right here you go." He throws you twenty gold pieces. "Algera said that was your share of my bounty they had to make my death look good and convincing.... And if you want to kill me go ahead and try but the moment you announce it. It becomes a duel and I'll take what I see fit for a prize." he warned you. Recalling your first encounter with him didn't end well..
although now he wasn't wearing his masks. The bounty did say it was the source of his power.
KnightVanilla

Postby MASigma » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:19 pm

Her eyes narrowed at this fact... before offering a smirk as she caught the gold coins," Then a wager? we duel... winner can make any request of the loser", she offered, figuring without his masks he'd fall to her blade easily enough," no killing of course, winner is declared when there's no way the other can fight without being killed", she offered him as she moved off her horse... the move alone making her large chest bounce a bit," Deal?"
MASigma

Postby KnightVanilla » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:32 pm

"Hmm interesting offer... Sure why not. The mage knight took my masks away but he said he'd get them to me bit by bit." Taking a quick detour to a clearing of where the fight could take place. As you saw him place his crimson red war talons on you notice the old insignia carved off of one of them and the other was well on its way. "Ladies first." he said as he took his stance waiting for you to make first blood.
KnightVanilla

Postby MASigma » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:36 pm

Maya instantly launched herself at him, swinging her leg instead of her blade, moving to slam it into his side before she'd swing the flat side of her blade so as to not cut into skin as she swung at him.
MASigma

Postby KnightVanilla » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:51 pm

The kick caught him off guard as you hit him easily. However he recovers with the help of your blade grabbing onto it as you swung it at him. Regaining his footing he pulls one of his legs around yours and uses his own weight to cause you to trip onto your back. Losing your blade in the process as he pins you down pointing his talons at your eyes. "Surreneder beauty?" He asks as he sat on your belly your breasts resting on his crotch. He doesn't seem to notice as he is just to distracted by the duel.
KnightVanilla

Postby MASigma » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:00 pm

She stares at him in surprise, cursing herself for not being as focused as she should have been... damn him. Though she she noticed the positioning... she figured she'd try one last thing, perhaps get him flustered so he wouldn't pay proper attention for her to flip him off of her so she could then go for her weapon," That depends... intending on getting the jump on me already?", she shot back, motioning to the position he had her in," Couldn't even wait for victory hm?", she offered, hoping he'd get flustered or something so she could make her move and get him off of her.
MASigma

Next

Return to Private Games