Sea of Stars [KNIGHTVANILLA]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Sea of Stars [KNIGHTVANILLA]

Postby Kuragari » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:58 am

It is the year 2107. Humanity's fledgling interstellar civilization is beginning to flex itself as it grows, seeking out more worlds to expand its people and influence. The United Earth Defense Force has been working on trying to explore the neighboring systems and star clusters, but with its other duties it simply doesn't have the time and resources to devote itself to exploration.

Thus, the Earth Expeditionary Contingent was created. A branch separate from the armed forces, those who served in this organization had but one objective. Explore the depths of space and find out what secrets lie beyond our space, for the betterment of mankind. You are a member of this group, and will soon be departing with several others to explore a distant cluster of stars. You may not see Earth or the colonies again for a few years, but should your team find anything of major value, you will all be able to live like Kings.

The only problem? Humanity has yet to learn that they are not the only ones in the area...and that they are about to become entwined in the fate of the quadrant.

PC:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Name: Lyn Algera
Description:

Bio: An aspiring explorer and Lyn was always influenced by old sci-fi films comparing the movies and to the current time and reality almost glad that everything had seemed to align quite nicely with a few facts or two.

Stats: 30 points to spend, 10 is max

Strength-6
Speed-7
Toughness-4
Intelligence- 5
Willpower- 8

You are currently on Cerces Station, which is built around the fourth moon of Luhman III in Luhman 16 system. Sent from Earth to join with the rest of your crew, it has been a long journey, but now you have arrived in the room where your Commander wished for all crew to meet at, the local dive of Cosmo's Shooting Star. The bar is empty, save for nine other people, your fellow crew members. The only one you recognize is Commander Elizabeth, a woman in her late 40's with raven black hair.

"So, you finally got here? We were beginning to wonder if we would have to start without you."
Kuragari

Re: Sea of Stars [KNIGHTVANILLA]

Postby KnightVanilla » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:34 am

"Sorry ma'am I didn't mean to be late" she said her face red from attempting to rush to ye meeting. Her cloths were disorganized as she stood at attention "I um proceed ma'am I won't interrupt any further" hopefully this would be the last time this would happen. Hate to make this a habit of sorts.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby Kuragari » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:43 am

"Its not a problem...Lyn right? I only skimmed your file, my apologies to that, but I'm afraid other then your name, I know very little else." She gestures a seat for you to join the others, and asks "So, whats your specialty? Navigation, Comms, Operations, Weapons?" A drink is passed your way by one of your crewmembers, and it smells both fruity and delicious.
Kuragari

Postby KnightVanilla » Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:53 am

"operations ma'am..." she said wanting to avoid most topics about herself wondering what may be happening after this introduction. She was ready to explore the galaxy if they would be going now or later. Hopefully now she thought to herself.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby Kuragari » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:08 am

Elizabeth nods. "Good to know. Our last operations officer vanished a little over a week ago, and it was starting to seem we'd have to set out without one until they assigned you to the crew. For once, the bureaucratic machine does it right!"

The man next to you nudges ya and says "Come on, lighten up, this is going to be the last time we're in relative comfort and luxury for a while. We may not come back to base for a year, maybe more."

Ah yes, you know what he means. The Perrigan class of Explorer ships are just a bit smaller than a normal cruiser, but require not only less crew, but are designed and fitted specifically for studying space and its many mysteries. This means that most of the rest of the ship is spartan and utilitarian, the focus being efficiency of space more than anything else.
Kuragari

Postby KnightVanilla » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:54 am

Well it shouldn't matter for too long anyway. Lyn thought to herself still waiting for anticipation for this as she waits for the meeting to proceed she remains silent only speaking when she needs to. For now however everything seemed to be as expected although there were a few gings she would wonder. Like what they would encounter and what to do when she was looking for entertainment. Oh well she'll cross that bridge later.
KnightVanilla

Postby Kuragari » Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:54 am

Its not so much a meeting, so much as a party. You get to know your fellow crew members: Thomas, weapons & security. Alexia, a modified human possessing cat like features, specifically cat ears and a tail. She handles Communications. Hendrik from Alpha Centauri is navigations, while Yeol is the chief engineer who mostly keeps to herself it seems. Tonya is the ships resident doctor, biologist, and botanist. Ikbat is the chief scientist, and the last two are junior scientists, you don't get their names as they seem to be quiet and reserved.

After a while, the crew retires from their revelries, and the Commander leads you to the ship so she can show you your quarters.
Kuragari

Postby KnightVanilla » Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:05 pm

The bunch of people were rather interesting. Hopefully things would go smoothly on this trip. Still part of her had to wonder what entertainment they would bring to fight off the boredom. And when she got back home she would have a lot of games to catch up on so part of her was hoping they'd have net access on the ship. However it may have been too much to hope for. Entering her room she thanks the commander for showing her the ship.
KnightVanilla

Postby Kuragari » Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:25 am

You lay down in your bed, quickly falling asleep as your mind is filled the possibilities of what you will see out there in the depths of space. Fantastic worlds, strange and exotic new creatures...perhaps your ship will even be the first to find sentient life out there in the void.

You wake up feeling refreshed and ready to go about your duties on the bridge. Today your ship heads out to begin its mission.
Kuragari

Postby KnightVanilla » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:38 am

After rushing to get ready for the mission she can't help but feel excitedly. So far however she wondered what must be out there. Who and what she'll encounter. She had to see and this adventure was only once in a life time experience. A Pioneer for her people a explore and an adventurer. She laughed excitedly so far hoping that she would be able to get much more things to bring with her. Such things to entertain herself while she was bored.
KnightVanilla

Postby Kuragari » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:24 am

You reach the bridge, and find everyone in their stations. The Commander nods to you and gestures to where you are supposed to be. Taking your station, you listen as Commander Elizabeth says "Alright folks, prep the ship to leave spacedock, and set a course for the Orionis Star Cluster."

Slowly, the ship pulls out of the space station, and soon the large void of space is laid before you. "Course laid in, activating Rift Drive."

A beam of energy lances out from the front of the ship, and you see space crackle and sizzle as a portal is opened. Hundreds of hues of blue swirl about in this tunnel as the ship launches itself inside.

It seems you are on your way...what wonders await you in the vast sea of stars?
Kuragari

Postby KnightVanilla » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:51 am

Upon arriving to her station she does all that is required of her so they could set out. Being so close to her goal... The adventure was so close. How she couldn't wait for their first planetary examination and survey. New life and maybe extra terrestrial life as well she kept a smile on her lips. Waiting for hem to now arrive.
KnightVanilla

Postby Kuragari » Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:22 am

The first hour of the trip passes by uneventfully, but about half an hour into the second, your station begins to let out a series of warning lights. It seems something is interfering with the Rift Conduit...if the ship doesn't safely exit the conduit, it could collapse and crush them inside.
Kuragari

Postby KnightVanilla » Fri Apr 25, 2014 5:03 pm

As the alarm went blazing. Lyn jumped up attempting to find the source of the problem. If she were able to discern its issue she would have no trouble looking for said solution to the immediate danger she and her shipmates were in. She had no plans on dying today and sure as hell she wouldn't allow a simple mistake or systems glitch be the end of her.
KnightVanilla

Postby Kuragari » Thu May 01, 2014 5:30 am

You were not the only one to notice that something is wrong, but as you scour your consoles you are able to determine that it is not a problem aboard the ship itself...but then, what could it be? Rift Space is supposed to be stable unless theirs a problem with the Rift Core used to stabilize the tear in space.

"Hendrick, disengage the Drive, get us out of the conduit." Elizabeth ordered. Hendrick nodded and started plying his hands across his terminal. The ship shudders and rocks a bit, but soon you can see through the viewer a bright flash as the ship is brought out of Rift Space...and you find yourselves looking at a large, alien vessel. It looks like someone took an dark orange egg and gave it two fins on its side. Seconds after you see it, bolts of green energy begin to lance out from it, and the ship shakes as several of the blasts strike the ship.
Kuragari

Postby KnightVanilla » Thu May 01, 2014 4:35 pm

"Damn it we're under fire!?!" Lyn yelled not having expected something like this right off the bat while traveling the galaxy. Doing what she could on her terminal and on the ship she tries to assist in what way she could before thinking about abandoning the ship just yet. No way in hell am I gonna die on the first trip away from home she thought to herself wondering on what they may continue to do.
KnightVanilla

Postby Kuragari » Thu May 01, 2014 4:47 pm

Commander Elizabeth quickly orders return fire, but it quickly becomes apparent that your ship stands no chance-this is a ship meant for exploration, and if the firepower this vessel is unleashing is any indication, its nothing but a pure warship.

"Abandon ship! Get to the escape pods! I'm taking the helm!" Elizabeth shouts out.

Hendrik looks ready to protest, but one look at the commander shows she will broke no argument. He and the rest of the bridge crew offer a salute, and then head for the door leading out.
Kuragari

Postby KnightVanilla » Thu May 01, 2014 4:56 pm

Even as the others left Lyn stayed long enough to ensure Elizabeth's survival. "Ma'am I rerouted subsystem and core systems power line for shields and set up a crash course for the nearest planet. The life support and shields should sustain you long enough to shield the escape pods on their descent as well as give the bridge a high survivability rate during the crash.... Don't waste you're life just yet." Lyn solutes her after finishing the technical parts. Under normal circumstances she wouldn't be able to focus but her thoughts raced fast enough to have her pound away at the keys to initiate the subsystems exchange in power. Running off to a escape pod now she knew the rest of the ship would now be more dangerous due to time she spent ensuring the captain's survival.
KnightVanilla

Postby Kuragari » Fri May 02, 2014 5:26 am

As you turn to leave, you could almost swear you see the Commander messing with the navigation console, and the ship begins to turn away from the planet. You don't have time to wonder much about it as you head towards the section with the escape pods, dodging falling panels and exploding conduits as you do so. Soon enough, you reach the escape pods and see that there is still one available. You clamber on in, and once your safely locked in you feel a great deal of pressure as the pod is sent hurtling out of the ship.

You pull up a viewscreen, wanting to see what's going on. You see several of the other pods heading towards the planet, though two of them explode as errant energy bolts find them in their path. However, what catches your attention is the ship itself-it can't be, its on a collision course with that alien warship!
Kuragari

Postby KnightVanilla » Fri May 02, 2014 7:14 am

The rush of trying to survive was making everything run through her eyes much slowly. Finally reaching the escape pod she was more than eager to jump in. As she was shot out she took a bit of time to regain herself. Noticing the ship's rerouted destination. Lyn panicked very determined to ensure the captain's survival. Looking at the ship on the monitor as well as the escape pod's networking computer is still connected to the ship she began rerouting the internal systems again making the switch when the ship was close enough to not need the engines power to push it any longer. Temporarily having all of the energy from the bridge routed to a specific shielding. Exactly at the bridge forcing it to overclock as any extra energy would be used to overload and cause small enough explosions to cause the protective shell the captain would be in to float and tumble its way to the planet. Hitting at the screen with blinding speed as she initiates the commands.
KnightVanilla

Next

Return to Private Games