SW: The Old Republic (with Kuragari)

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

SW: The Old Republic (with Kuragari)

Postby redkeri13 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:28 am

Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-Wallpaper-Logo.jpg
Star-Wars-The-Old-Republic-Wallpaper-Logo.jpg (54.25 KiB) Viewed 1984 times

A long time ago in a galaxy far,
far away...

Prologue
THE OLD REPUBLIC

It is a dark era for the JEDI ORDER.
The Sith Empire's relentless assault
destroyed the Jedi Temple on Coruscant
and drove the Republic's defenders
into exile during the last war.

A fragile ceasefire has been negotiated,
and the surviving Jedi have returned to
their long-abandoned homeworld of TYTHON
to regroup and train a new generation of
guardians for the galaxy.

Now a new hope emerges. A wise young
Padawan journeys to Tython's dangerous
mountain wilderness to complete the final
Jedi Trials and master the mysteries
of the Force....

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

therepublicfleet.jpg
therepublicfleet.jpg (40.06 KiB) Viewed 1984 times

Gazing out the viewport of the Transport Shuttle, you watch the Republic Crusier that has been your home for these last several weeks during your trip to this world recede into the distance as the Shuttle descends towards the planet below. Soon the Cruiser is joined in your viewport by the 2 other Cruisers that make up the small fleet, flying in holding formation in orbit above the temperate world, fighter wings consisting of pairs of Republic fighter craft leaving the docking hangers of the large Cruisers to patrol the local system.

You have spent most of your life on Cruisers such as these, ever since the sacking of Coruscant and the destruction of the Jedi Temple there almost 10 years ago. You received your training from a variety of Jedi Masters like-wise scattered across Republic space within these vessels, but now you were here, Tython, the ancient homeworld of the Jedi Order, and here you will complete your long training to become one of the Jedi.

As the ships of Cruiser fleet becomes lost in the vastness of space and the bright curve of the planet horizon below fills your view you reflect on your past and what the future might bring. Due to your Sith Pureblood heritage many over the years cast doubt on your ability to become a Jedi and follow the ways of the Light Side of the Force, but you were determined to prove them wrong, that you defy the dark history of your distant people. You would complete your training and join the ranks as a true member of the Jedi Order. You can barely contain your excitement from anticipation while you strap yourself in as the shuttle enters the atmosphere, flying through the clouds over the vast blue lakes and heavily forested mountain valleys below to reach the location of the Jedi Temple hidden somewhere in the river valleys that cover the surface.

mastersretreat01.png
mastersretreat01.png (632.6 KiB) Viewed 1984 times

After what seems like an eternity to you, but was probably only a few minutes, the Shuttle flies into the valley of a large mountain lake, surrounded by tall greystone mountains heavily forested with trees. On the cliff shores of the lake sits a small spaceport with landing platforms and walkways, and this seems to be your destination. It is a modern structure decorated with spartan red and gold painted patterns, and tall imposing statues of Jedi Knights guarding the walkways. But you are surprised to see older structures surrounding it, much older. Ancient stone walls carved into the cliffs surrounding the mountain lake, and colossal stone statues of figures dressed in robes resembling those belonging to the Jedi rise from the waters of the lake. Even in their ruined state, their ancient stone work weathered by time, the walls and giant statues do not fail to impress you.

At last your Shuttle extends its landing legs to touch down on one of the spaceport's landing pads suspended over the lake, and lowers its cargo ramp allowing you to step onto the surface. On the ramp leading up to the spaceport you see a tall young man dressed in the long brown and white robes of a Jedi Knight talking to several Padawans dressed in their sand-colored Training robes and tunics, each equipped with a Jedi Training Blade like your own. Seeing your shuttle land, he dismisses the other Padawans and turns to walk the ramp down to meet you. When you step off the shuttle ramp and into the light, revealing your striking crimson skin that heralds your Sith ancestry, his eyes widen a little in surprise, but his expression quickly becomes neutral again, not missing a step.

Soon he reaches you and nods to you in welcome, and turns indicating for you to follow him.

As you walk together, he speaks: "Welcome to Tython, Padawan." He says, formally "I am Knight Derrin Weller, we have been expecting your arrival. Everyone in the Temple is looking forward to meeting you.". Behind you the shuttle takes off again, returning back to the fleet. Derrin leads you through an archway just off the walkway into a circular room filled with holo-screens reading out data and bulky communication equipment, walking to one of the terminals. He turns to you. "Your former Masters praised your skills. They say you are an excellent duelist already. Your training is almost complete, here on Tython I am sure you will become one of the Jedi. Perhaps a Jedi Knight."

Game Rules & Statistics:

(Ok, this is my first time writing mechanics for a game, so let me know if anything looks weird to you! Force alignment will be determined by dialog and roleplay, but it won't affect gameplay just yet. You have 10 points to spend among your 7 stats.)

Player Actions-
Actions in this game are determined by the d20 system with modifiers from the Player Character's Statistics, with results from 1 to 10 being a failure and 11 to 20 being a success. Some actions, like combat or Force powers, depending on a successful roll will then affect a target or character's Health Points through Weapon Damage or Force Power, opposed by Endurance plus Armor Points in the case of combat damage (if the character is wearing any), or Willpower for Force attacks.

Statistics-
The Player Character has 7 stats, with 10 points to initially spend between them:
Melee Skill (MS) - The character's skill with melee weapons such as Lightsabers
Ranged Skill (RS) - The character's aim with ranged weapons like Blasters
Strength (ST) - Increase damage in melee combat, resist grapple attacks
Endurance (EN) - Increase total health and rate of health regeneration (Starting Health is 180, each point of Endurance increases Health by +10.)
Agility (AG) - The character's natural reflexes and ability to dodge in combat.
Cunning (CN) - The character's aptitude with technological devices - security locks, Droids, holo-terminals - allowing them to hack or repair such devices more effectively.
Willpower (WP) - Increases the damage and healing strength of Force abilities. Also adds to resistance against Force attacks.

Player Health-
Health is determined by a Player's Endurance, plus Starting Health of 180 points. If the Player's Health is reduced to 0, they will black out, possibly to get a bad end (and return to the last checkpoint), or wake up somewhere else depending on the situation. The Jedi Knight and Jedi Consular classes each have an ability to rest and restore their Health between combat if they are not interrupted by any attacks.

Combat-
Combat works in turns, with each character making one action in their turn, as well as reactions to enemy actions in the enemies turn, such as dodging or parrying.
Penalties begin to increase the more reactions a character is forced to make before their next turn.
Melee- To make a melee attack a Melee-weapon equipped character takes an action using their Melee skill, rolling a d20 then adding their Melee skill points. The target then defends by either using their Agility skill to dodge the attack, or parry using their own Melee skill if they are equipped with their own melee weapon.
If the attacker succeeds in hitting the target, and the target fails to dodge or parry, then the Weapon Damage of the attacker's weapon plus the Attacker's Strength statistic is taken from the Target's Health, minus the target's combined Armor and Endurance points.
Ranged - To make a ranged attack a Ranged-weapon equipped character uses their Ranged skill, rolling d20 then adding their Ranged skill points. The target can attempt to dodge using their Agility skill (or parry with a Lightsaber, if they have the training.).
The Weapon Damage of the attacker's Ranged weapon is then taken from the target's Health, minus the target's combined Armor and Endurance points.
Force - A character uses their Willpower stat to activate Force Abilities, rolling a d20 then adding their Willpower points to the result. On a successful roll, the character's Willpower stat points are then added to the points value of the Force Ability, adding up to the total points value of the action.
A character resists Force attacks using their Willpower plus Endurance (possibly including other stats depending on the circumstances, for example using Agility to dodge objects being thrown with Force Throw.).
Grapple - Some enemies may attempt a unarmed Melee attack in an attempt to subdue the character. This begin an opposed Strength test between the opposing sides. To resist the attack and break free, the defender must win 2 of 3 opposed Strength tests that round. Losing the opposed tests leaves the character at the grappler's mercy.

Levelling-
At level 1, you need 100 experience points to reach the next level. This doubles to 200 points the next level, then 400, and so on. Experience is gained from defeating Enemies and completing Quests. Some levels you will unlock new abilities that you train with a Jedi Master to learn, and stat points to raise your Character's Statistics.

Starting Abilities -

Slash - Basic attack, attack one target using a melee weapon.
Strike - Attack 3 times for half damage, rolling for each hit.
Shii-Cho Form - Enter a balanced Lightsaber form, reducing damage taken and increasing damage dealt by 5%
Force Sprint - Increase max running speed by 33%
Force Might - Increase a target's melee, ranged, tech and Force damage by 5% for the duration of combat.
Introspection - Allows you to pause and reflect to restore your Health using the Force (1 minute for every 20 points of Health). Entering combat or taking damage cancels the ability. Cannot be used in combat.

Starting Inventory-

Armor - Choose one of the following:
Supplicant's Tunic & Robes (Jedi Consular) - Armor +4, Agility +2
Padawan's Training Uniform (Jedi Knight) - Armor +7
Weapon -
Jedi Training Blade - Damage 36 +d10 - Not as powerful and devastating as the Jedi's Lightsaber, this simple metal foil has been attuned with the Force, making it stronger and sharper, suitable for a Padawan for training and self-defence.
redkeri13

Re: SW: The Old Republic (with Kuragari)

Postby Kuragari » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:41 pm

My characters stats:
MS: 2
RS: 1
STR: 2
END: 1
AGI: 2
CUN: 1
WILL: 1
HP: 190/190

Jedi Padawan Robes

I nod to Derrin as he walks up to me. "I'm sure they are, though what sort of welcome I will get is always up for debate." I reply, a small bit of venom mixing with the resigned tone I spoke with. Though I was used to being viewed differently thanks to my heritage, that did not make it any more pleasant. But a deep breathe in and a moment later I released the brief flash of anger. Calm returned to me.

I spared a moment to glance around the room, trying to take note of anything important. My mother had taught me to always be aware of my surroundings, as the Jedi had, but her intentions had been more so that I could be ready to seize upon any oppurtunity to better myself than anything else.

"I'm sure my masters are exaggerating a bit, but I appreciate that they said as much. And I look forward to proving myself to all of you. Becoming a true Jedi would be both an honor and a dream come true." I say, finally turning to give the Jedi Knight my full attention. My gaze bores into him, and while I'm not intending to be intimidating, I am trying to ensure he takes what I am about to say seriously.

"I am not sure how much we may be interacting, but in the interests of better cooperation, I'm going to be frank. I'd like to know if my appearance is going to cause any issues between us, or any of those here who may be teaching or guiding me."

I cross my arms, waiting for an answer.
Kuragari

Postby redkeri13 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:06 pm

A shadow of a smile crosses Derrin's face as he meets your gaze, banishing the look of concern he possessed after sensing your brief moment of anger, "Admittedly, it is strange to be standing here simply talking to a Sith Pureblood, but your humility alone tells me you are unlike any of the Sith whom our Order have faced in battle. Though I sense much hurt and anger in you resulting from your differences. You have much control over your emotions, but you must be vigilant not to allow them to overtake you, least you fall to the Dark side. Master your emotions, and I have no doubt you will overcome the past to become a true Jedi."

He smiled, clasping his hands behind his back. "I sense much good in you and I look forward to serving alongside you, but I was sent only to greet your arrival. The Jedi Council will assign you a new Master to complete your Trails. Your testing will be rigorous, but when you leave this world, you will know what it means to be a Jedi, but more importantly, you will know yourself."

His gaze turns to the archway leading back out into the spaceport. "There is a Speeder parked on the landing pad which will take you-", suddenly, a alert tone from his holo-communicator interrupts Derrin, "-hang on, getting a emergency signal..." he says, taking out the small disc shaped device as it flickers to life.
redkeri13

Postby Kuragari » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:10 am

She visibly relaxes, both physically and mentally at his response. "Thank you, it is good to know you harbor no ill feelings towards me because of my ancestry. I wish I could say the same was true for all Jedi, but I suppose no one is perfect, not even the Jedi."

She had to admit to being slightly disappointed that Derrin was here merely to greet her, as she had been expecting to begin her training just about the very instant she touched the surface of Tython. But she had learned that patience had its place, and no matter how eager she was to continue her training, she could wait a bit longer.

Which seemed like it might be longer than even her greeter might have thought. "Well, I guess even Tython can't be free of problems." She clasped her hands behind her back, preparing herself to lend whatever aid she could to the Order.
Kuragari

Postby redkeri13 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:07 am

Despite the stress of the situation, he grins at your response "To put it mildly. You will soon find Tython is home to many dangers, after all our presence here goes back less than 10 years after it was rediscovered by our leader, Grand Master Satele Shan. Perhaps that is what makes it such an effective training ground, but beyond the wildlife this world has a dark and troubled history that continues to affect us today.". His face becomes serious again as the hologram message from his communicator swims into focus, resolving into the figure of a Bith Padawan.

The sounds of fighting, especially Blaster fire, can be heard over the recording as the Padawan speaks in the echoing, gravelly voice of his Species: "-under attack, repeat, under attack! Flesh Raiders are invading the Training Grounds. They have Blasters! Send assistance!". The Padawan looks over his shoulder in fear, looking at something past the recording, then the message fades and cuts out.

Derrin's face is troubled as the message blinks out. "The Flesh Raiders, armed with Blasters? He must be mistaken. But they are clearly under attack, though the Raiders have never come this close before."
redkeri13

Postby Kuragari » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:30 am

I need to decide on which tense to use :p

"Flesh Raiders? I think I've heard of those..." She said to herself, trying to remember where the name had come from. After a moment, her mind recalled it. "Ah yes, my mother sent me a message about them before I was sent here. Something about a species of cannibals with limited intelligence, but to not underestimate them."

Allterria did not mention that her mother had made it explicitly clear that she did not want to find out her daughter had been torn apart and eaten by a bunch of subhuman primitives. She did not think that would go over well with Derrin.

"How can I help?" She asks.
Kuragari

Postby redkeri13 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:54 am

All good :)

Derrin nodded, "Your Mother was absolutely correct, they are organized and intelligent, but hostile and violent beyond reason." He turned to the large communications terminal behind him and began punching in keys on it's control panel. "I'm sending out a transmission to alert the Jedi Council," he says, talking to you over his shoulder as he works, "and another to call all able-bodied Jedi down there to stop the attack - including you. This is fairly unorthodox, but I think it will be a good opportunity to prove yourself to the others."

He finishes typing out the messages and sends them out. "We need to get down there. We'll take the Speeder outside to the training grounds, and stop the Flesh Raiders. And find out if they are truly armed with advanced weapons". His face is determined as he beckons you to follow him. "Let's go.", he says, running out the archway down the statue-lined walkway and past the ramp leading to the landing pad you arrived on, towards the second landing pad where an empty yellow-painted Land-Speeder sits ready waiting for you.
redkeri13

Postby Kuragari » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:47 pm

Allterria simply nodded, running out after him as she took in slow, calming breathes. Her body was already coiled and ready to spring into action, if need be she probably could leap from the speeder and into the fray before they even landed. She was ready to prove herself to everyone here, but most importantly herself. Self doubt had always been her greatest enemy, and she would not let it best her anymore than any true Jedi would allow the Dark Side best them.

As they raced towards the training grounds, a thought occurred to her thanks to her rather active imagination.

"The Jedi down on the grounds do know about my ancestry correct? I would hate to have someone take one look at me and make the conclusion I'm with the Flesh Raiders."

Some might have thought this was paranoia on her part, but there had been numerous close calls in her life and she had learned that it was always better safe than sorry.
Kuragari

Postby redkeri13 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:32 am

"Don't worry; I'll be right beside you when we land there and will accompany you when we join forces with the rest of the Jedi there," he said, as he flew the Speeder a breakneck speeds through the massive statues rising from the surface of the lake, "They won't attack you if they see you're with me. And you must remember these are trained Jedi Masters we are meeting, if you harbored any influence of the Dark Side they would sense it in you, and I sense the Light in you, and so should they.". He looked over to you, "Rest assured, I'll be there with you, and it is not the way of the Jedi to mindlessly attack on sight without looking first. I have served alongside these Masters for many years now, you'll be safe with them."

The cliffs of the valley draw closer, leading into a river gorge that leads downwards until you see a large structure of orderly flat Permacrete platforms covered in massive power generators and communications antennas, the platforms ringed with glowing shield fences and barriers. Beyond the structure you can see the mountain valley widen into a vast river delta, filled with rolling green hills and mountain streams bridged by ancient stone bridges carved similarly to the walls around the lake.

As Derrin brought the Speeder down to land on the highest platform you can see signs of fighting as figures swarm around the outskirts, glowing Blaster shots filling the air and the bright swords of Lightsabers held in the hands of the few defending the structure.

You both leap from the open-topped Speeder as it glides to a stop, drawing your weapons - you your Training Blade and Derrin his Blue-glowing Lightsaber - as you both run to the front of the defensive lines. Several of the young Padawans taking cover behind the barriers give you strange looks as you pass, but seeing you with Master Derrin and with circumstances giving them more pressing things to worry about strange looks is as far as it goes.

As you charge down the ramp to meet with the defenders you can make them out clearly now; several grizzled Jedi Knights, mostly Human including an imposing Zabrak with skin like bark and a ring of horns crowning his head, all moving cutting down the enemy with graceful sword-strokes, deflecting Blaster shots with preternatural speed back towards their attackers. But most impressive of all you see is a tall Blue-skinned Twi-Lek Woman dressed in the robes of a Jedi Consular baring a dual-lightsaber with emerald green blades, dancing between the enemy with impossible grace and striking down the beastial creatures, her body transfused with golden light as she calls upon the Force to hurl rocks from the ground at her enemies and shield her fellow Jedi from Blaster attacks, never stopping for a second.

Against such an assault the diminished enemy forces cannot hold, and the fall back, for now. With the lull in the enemy assault, you and Derrin approach the Defenders, who eye you cautiously until Derrin speaks up.

"Master Travin," he says, looking to the horned Zabrak, "Master Liv'trai.", to the glowing Twi'lek Lady, "This is Padawan Allterria, who has been assigned to begin her training with us today. She has offered to lend her assistance in this fight." he says, nodding towards you.
redkeri13

Postby Kuragari » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:34 am

"My apologies, I am simply accustomed to being careful about these things. Perhaps sometime I can tell you how a Republic officer almost shot me on sight."

Upon reaching the platforms, a total calm descends upon Allterria as she calls upon all her training and focus. Her hand wraps around the hilt of her training saber and almost instantly its as if its a part of her. She is ready to use it to help and protect all those she can reach. She ignores the strange looks sent her way by the younger ones, her focus on the battle taking place ahead.

Besides, she expected such from the younger students.

She had seen Jedi fight before, and knew they were great warriors, but even now it still was a sight to behold to her as she watched them easily deal with the advance of the flesh raiders. Just as they were nearing the front line, the enemy was in retreat, falling back no doubt to regroup and plan out a new tactic.

She was disappointed when the older defenders eyed her cautiously, and for a brief moment self-doubt flickered within her. But her spirit was strong, and she had dealt with worse. She drew in a breath of the valley air and mentally recited the Jedi code to herself as she let the force soothe her.

"It is an honor to meet you Masters." She said, giving them both a respectful bow before standing at attention. "And I am ready to lend whatever assistance you deem necessary."

Though her focus was on the masters, she kept her senses open and aware. Though the enemy had retreated, that did not mean it was wise to let one's guard down.
Kuragari

Postby redkeri13 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:42 pm

As you speak, you notice the tension among the Masters visibly decrease, and they become far less guarded toward you. Master Liv'trai gracefully steps forward, clasping her hands in front of her and bowing her head towards you.

"Welcome, young Padawan Allterria. We are likewise honored to meet you and grateful for your offer of assistance. When this threat is passed, I look forward to assisting you in your training to become one of the Jedi."

As she steps back, you notice Master Travin studying you closely. "Excellent stance," he says to you, "Ready to move, to face any threat from any direction at a moments notice; good. Fluid, economical movements, good grip on your Training Sword; moving as one with your weapon,very good. And most importantly; your focus, a strong, calm, ready state of mind; Excellent. You have been trained well." he finishes, then noticing the withering looks Master Liv'trai and Derrin, hastily adds: "...And much obliged to have met you. Ma'am. Padawan."

Turning back to you, Liv'trai favors you with a warm smile, "As Master Travin say; you have clearly learned your training well. Remember you teachings and they will serve you in the battle ahead."

The introductions complete, the Masters quickly bring you and Derrin up to speed with what has happened so far. The Flesh Raider have flooded into the valley from some unknown point of access, the bulk of their attack waves coming from the north-east. And the reports the Bith Padawan had given you and Derrin were true: the Raiders were indeed armed with Blasters, technology clearly beyond their reach. But worst of all, several Padawan had been taken in the initial wave of the attacks, their fates unknown.

As you process this information, the highly attuned Force-senses of you and the other Jedi tell you that the enemy was marshalling for another attack beyond the river that bordered the training grounds, and wordlessly the defending Jedi formed a defensive line before the stone bridge that crossed it. As the others form up, Derrin draws you to one side. "Congratulations Allterria, your first meeting with the Masters went well! And this time nobody tried to shoot you even." his face becomes serious "The Masters and I can hold the line here, but we need you hang back to secure our flanks in case the Raiders try to cut around us and attack us from those cliffs." he points to the north, indicating a series of rocky outcrops that could easily shield the approach of a small ambushing force. "Be vigilant, and we'll meet again when this is over. Good luck, and May the Force be With You.". He gives you a reassuring grin, then bows to you, before turning to take his place on the line.

You hang back as you were ordered, and this gives you a good vantage point as the attack begins. The Raiders charge across the bridge from the tree-line, considerably more of them than from the wave before. Blaster shots and ricochets fill the air, the battlefield quickly becoming filled with smoke clouds as the high-temperature shots set fire to the surrounding grass and plantlife. All you can hear are the distinctive sound of Blaster-fire and the hum of Lightsaber's slashing the air. The Flesh Raider's assault is furious, but it seems the defenders are holding. However, true to what Derrin said you notice movement among the rocks to the north, and you see one of the brutal aliens making his way around the cliffs.

Unfortunately, he has also seen you, and roars as he charges towards you, a crude sharpened bladed weapon gripped in his hands raised to attack.

Calmly, you drop into your defensive stance, and prepare to face your opponent...

Ok! Time to see if this combat system I made works! With your Jedi reflexes You have the initiative, so you get to choose one of your abilities and your first action in combat, and we'll go from there
redkeri13

Postby Kuragari » Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:26 am

Activate Shii-Cho Form, use Force Might

Drawing upon the force, Allterria held her weapon firmly in her hand as she allowed the enemy to charge her, intending to use the beasts aggression against it. She would deflect and redirect his attack, turning her defense into an offense and allowing her to strike out against the unprepared foe.
Kuragari

Postby redkeri13 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:04 am

Entering the stance the Masters who instructed you in dueling taught you, you call upon the power of the Force to add strength to your attacks

(Fighting Flesh Raider Scout - Enemy HP = 40, Allterria HP = 190 (Scii-Cho Form +5% Damage, +5% Defense, Force Might +5% Damage = +10% Damage, +5% Defense)
Round 1 - PC Roll is 18 (+5 for defensive counter-attack) = 23, Flesh Raider Roll is 19, Flesh Raider takes 39 + STR 2 + 10% = 45 Damage
Flesh Raider is slain!)

Meeting the Flesh Raider's charge, you skillfully use your opponents own momentum against him, effortlessly deflecting his attack to the side with your Training Sword as he swings towards you. You dive under his arm as he takes another swing at you, pivoting on the spot to bury your blade in his exposed ribs killing the beast instantly as your blade pierces his vital organs.

Withdrawing your weapon from your now dead enemy as he falls to the ground, your highly-attuned senses detect the sound of more on-rushing enemies, and 3 more Flesh Raiders pour out of the Rocky Outcrops, 2 armed with the Butcher's Cleaver-like bladed weapons your previous opponent held, the third armed with a Blaster weapon that he levels at you, about to fire.

(Combat is ongoing, activated Abilities are still in effect)
redkeri13

Postby Kuragari » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:11 am

Untrained Force Wave to knock back opponents. Melee attack the closest enemy afterwards

As the new foes drew nearer, Allterria drew upon the force as she gathered it into her hands, before pushing them forward as she called upon the force to knock her enemies back. She wanted some space so she could take them out one at a time, having no desire to be fending off multiple aggressors at once.
Kuragari

Postby redkeri13 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:47 am

You feel the Force respond to your movements, and as you throw your hands forward you sense the wall of pressure that smashes into your foes, staggering them and throwing them off balance for the moment. You quickly take advantage of their confusion to leap forward at your nearest opponent, your Training Sword bared

(Attacking Flesh Raider Scout #1 - Enemy HP - 40, Allterria HP - 190
Round 1 - Free Round - PC Roll is 18, Flesh Raider takes 46 + STR 2 + 10% = 53 points of damage!
Flesh Raider #1 is slain)

Striking quickly, your weapon pieces the unprepared Flesh Raider in the chest straight through the heart, and the alien dies. You grip the sword hilt and twirl around to pull your sword out again, jumping over your fallen opponent toward your next enemy.

This time the Flesh Raider is prepared, and raises his weapon in a defensive stance...

(Attacking Flesh Raider Scout #2 - Enemy HP - 40, Allterria HP - 190
Round 1 - PC Roll is 7, Enemy Roll is 17, PC Agility Roll 18 + AGI 2 = 20, Successful Dodge
Round 2 - PC Roll is 1, Enemy Roll is 4, Draw
Round 3 - PC Roll is 14, Enemy Roll is 2, Roll to Parry = 2, Flesh Raider takes 46 + STR 2 + 10% = 53 points of damage :D
Flesh Raider #2 is slain)

Your first attack misses, leaving you exposed to a counter-attack from the second Flesh Raider, but as he swings at you you manage to quickly move to evade his attack. You strike again but again fail to hit, luckily the Flesh Raider also misses. Finally you lunge at your enemy, and the Raider cannot bring his guard up in time before your blade strikes him in the neck with a powerful blow, decapitating him.

At last you reach the 3rd Flesh Raider with the Blaster weapon, and as you run toward him you use your Force Shove trick again to just knock away his Blaster that is pointed at you just before he can fire, causing the Blaster-shot to impact into the Rock beside you as you close in. You leap in close, preparing to slay this final opponent

(Attacking Flesh Raider Scout #3 - Enemy HP - 40, Allterria HP - 190
Round 1 - Free Round - PC Roll is 18, Roll to Dodge = 2, Flesh Raider takes 38 + STR 2 + 10% = 44 points of damage!
Flesh Raider #3 is slain!)

The Blaster-armed Flesh Raider attempts to dodge back but is not quick enough, and you bring you Sword down in a mighty diagonal slash that slices the alien open from shoulder to hip. With a gurgle, your final foe collapses to the ground, leaving you as the only one standing. However, not for long. As you stand there, breathing with exertion, from out of the scattered rocks come 4 more Flesh Raiders; 3 of them looking like the Scouts you just faced, 2 of which are armed with Blasters, and the 4th a massive Brute that towers over them and you, grasping a massive cleaver-like blade in his fist. Not missing a moment, you prepare to meet their attack.

(Final wave of combat! The closest enemy to you is the melee Scout, followed by the 2 Blaster-armed Scouts, and finally the Flesh Raider Hunter)
redkeri13

Postby Kuragari » Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:17 pm

Allterria was in the zone, her enemies not managing to land a hit on her as she cleaved through one after the other. Each successful attack looked more like a piece in an intricate yet deadly dance, but as the last one fell she stopped, gasping a bit from the exertion. This was more intense than her training had ever been...but then here, there was the very real chance that she would be killed if they got a good hit in.

The arrival of four more Flesh Raiders does nothing to surprise her. After all, she would have sincerely doubted that four scouts could have caused much havoc behind the Jedi's main defensive line. From what she'd seen of the scouts thus far, she suspected they wouldn't be too difficult to take out, and thus they were her goal before she engaged the larger one.

Melee attack nearest Scouts, try to keep the Hunter away/off-balance until scouts eliminated
Kuragari

Postby redkeri13 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:58 am

Pausing only to size up your enemies and plan your assault, you strike forward at the nearest Scout, sending a powerful Force Wave punch towards the Flesh Raider Hunter to knock him off balance and delay his charge (Rolling Willpower - 6 + WILL 1 = 7), however your lack of training means you cannot focus enough power in time and the Hunter shrugs off the blow, continuing his charge towards you. Not stopping though, you meet the first Scout head-on.

(Attacking Scout #4 - Enemy HP 40, Allterria HP 190,
Round 1 - PC Roll is 15 + Melee 2 = 17, Enemy Roll is 13, Roll to Dodge 20, Enemy Dodges
Round 2 - PC Roll is 20 + 2 = 22, Enemy Roll is 1, Flesh Raider takes 40 + STR 2 + 10% = 44 points of Damage!
Flesh Raider #4 is slain)

The sword-armed Scout meets your charge, dodging out of the way of your sword-strike just in time. Side-stepping your attack leaves him off-balance however, and your next attack hits home before he can block in time, lancing the alien through the chest. No time to wait however, as you deftly pull out your weapon and charge at the remaining 2 Scouts armed with their Blasters.

(Attacking Scout #5 - HP 40, & Scout #6 - HP 40, Allterria HP 190,
Round 1 - PC Roll is 3 + 2 = 5, Scout #5 Roll is 15, PC Agility Roll is 13 + AGI 2 = 15, Successful Dodge
Scout #6 Roll is 18, PC Agility Roll is 2 + AGI 2 - 1 = 3, Allterria takes 33 damage minus END 1 + Armor 7 = 25 points of Damage (HP 165/190)
Round 2 - PC Roll is 18 + 2 = 20, Scout #5 Roll is 16, Roll to Dodge is 6, Flesh Raider #5 takes 41 + STR 2 + 10% = 47 points of Damage!
Flesh Raider #5 is slain,
Scout #6 Roll is 4, Misses
Round 3 - PC Roll is 11 + 2 = 13, Scout #6 Roll is 5, Roll to Dodge is 9, Flesh Raider #6 takes 41 + STR 2 + 10% = 47 points of Damage!
Flesh Raider #6 is slain.)

You strike at the closest Blaster-armed Scout but your attack falls short, and the Raider's toothy maw grins as he raises his weapon at you, but you quickly dodge out of the way just in time. Not so lucky with the second scout however, who also fires, his Blaster-shot striking you in the back of the shoulder before you can dodge again! The mesh armor woven into your Padawan Uniform absorbs some of the energy of the hit, but you still grunt in pain from the burning impact. However, you are not down yet, as your first target raises his weapon again you strike forward with all your strength, stabbing him in the neck and taking him down.
Your sudden movements cause the other Scout's next shot to miss, hitting the ground where you just were, and you keep moving, dancing around your opponent to strike him from the back and fell him with a devastating diagonal slash of your blade.

A shadow falls upon you however, and you turn just in time to avoid a powerful overhead blow from the Flesh Raider Hunter.

(Fighting Flesh Raider Hunter - HP 85, Allterria HP 165/190,
Round 1 - PC Roll is 11 + 2 = 13, Enemy Roll is 11, Roll to Parry is 4, Hunter takes 42 + STR 2 + 10% = 48 points of Damage!
Round 2 - PC Roll is 7 + 2 = 9, Enemy Roll is 14, PC Agility Roll is 16 + AGI 2 = 18, Successful Dodge
Round 3 - PC Roll is 1 + 2 = 3, Enemy Roll is 1, Draw
Round 4 - PC Roll is 17 + 2 = 19, Enemy Roll is 2, Roll to Parry is 8, Hunter takes 42 + STR 2 + 10% = 48 points of Damage!
Flesh Raider Hunter is slain!)

Dodging his attack, you stab your weapon deep into the Hunter's shoulder as he fails to bring his weapon up in time, eliciting a bellow of agony from the beast. His rage-filled eyes fix on yours, striking at you with his cleaver but you are able to easily evade the attack in time. You circle each other, both striking forward several times but failing to get an opening, until seeing one you strike suddenly with lighting quickness, stabbing the Flesh Raider Hunter in the chest and finally bringing the monster down.

You pant in relief and exertion, taking deep lungfuls of the cool mountain valley air as you savor your victory!

Combat concluded! Experience gained: 7 defeated Flesh Raider Scouts 7 x 20XP + 1 defeated Hunter 1 x 40XP = 180 XP! You are now level 2, 80/200XP to level 3.
You have unlocked the ability to learn Force Leap! Locate a Jedi Master to train you in this ability. You also have a additional stat point to raise any of your character's stats you choose
Current HP is 165/190, you may use the Introspection Ability to pause and heal your wounds

You hear the sound of someone running and quickly turn to face them, holding your sword in a defensive stance in both hands before you, but you are relieved to see it is Derrin, and he looks likewise glad to see you still in one piece. He looks around at the fallen enemies around you, pride and admiration on his face as he walks up to you. "Well done Allterria! This is truly some fine swordwork you have performed." His face becomes concerned, "Are you hurt? Come, the Enemy is in full retreat back to the other side of the valley, let's get back to the training grounds and rejoin the others." You see he has not escaped the battle unscathed either, his Jedi robes cut and burned from numerous near misses from Blaster-fire and Sword-attacks.
redkeri13

Postby Kuragari » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:41 am

The fight felt like it had lasted a lifetime to Allterria...her first real fight. Training had prepared her, but actual combat was still something new to her and she was rather amazed at her own handiwork, looking around at the bodies of the Flesh Raiders she had slain.

At Derrin's words or praise, she simply nodded. "Honestly...I'm surprised I did so well." Which was truth. The various Jedi who had trained her hadn't been giving it their all when training her, but thanks to their skill level they didn't have to do so to give her a challenge to overcome. The few times she had sparred with her mother had been similar, though her mother had been a bit harsher, but she understood her reasonings. But in all those fights, there had always been the knowledge that her opponent did not intend to end her then and there.

Here had been different.

"Just one hit, blaster bolt got my shoulder..." She slowly moves it around, testing to see how bad it was. There was a slight stinging sensation, but it didn't feel life-threatening or anything. "Looks like it didn't get all the way through though."

"Lets get back down and check on everyone else, we can treat my wound later." She then starts off, not exactly waiting for Derrin as she headed down the path.
Kuragari

Postby redkeri13 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:31 am

Derrin catches up with you, and you both quickly make your way back down the valley to the grassy field before the platforms, all around you the signs of battle.

Fallen weapons, Scorch-marks where stray Blaster-shot had set fire to the trees and wild-grass, even great Boulders and huge ancient stone Blocks that had been torn up from the ground and the old ruins that cover this valley then thrown around with great force causing huge craters and gouges in the earth all around the battlefield. And of course, the bodies of the fallen. Thankfully the great majority seem to belong to the Flesh Raiders, a large team of Padawans and Jedi Knights armed with white gloves and facemasks working in pairs to perform the grim task to gather up bodies of the fallen foe, loading the dead onto the flatbed trays of several parked Cargo-Landspeeders closeby to be buried or incinerated elsewhere.

On the first tier of the permacrete platforms above the training grounds you see a medic station has been set up beneath several large awnings, injured Padawans and Jedi, their wounds wrapped in white-cloth bandages lay on camp bedding being tended to by Medi-droids and Jedi Consulars with their healing touch, the hands of the Consulars glowing gold as they rest them on the wounds of the injured, using their considerable Force abilities to heal the worst cases amongst the casualties.

As you approach the ramp leading up to the tiered platform, the blue-skinned Twi'Lek Jedi Consular you spoke to before, Master Liv'Trai, looks up from her work and sees you, hurrying up to you and Derrin as you climb the ramp. "Master Derrin, Padawan Allterria, I am glad to see you have made it. The battle was ferocious indeed, but the good news is that we have suffered very few deaths, even so we have a considerable number of casualties." she said, looking back over the patients in the field hospital with concern.

Master Derrin spoke up, "Padawan Allterria here acquitted herself well in the defense," he said "She defended our northern flank from a Scouting Party of the Raiders up in the cliffs to the north." he grinned "When I found her, she had defeated an entire squad of the Raiders single-handedly."

Liv'Trai smiled at you "Thank You, Padawan Allterria. There is no telling what chaos that Scouting Party might have caused if they had reported back to the main force of the enemy. You truly have the makings of a great defender of the Force." she becomes concerned however, as she noticed your injury. "But you are hurt. Here allow me to heal you, do not worry, I can be gentle." she said, smiling again comfortingly to you as she reaches out her hand.

Remember you have leveled up, you can now train in Force Leap (Master Derrin, Master Liv'Trai or Master Travin if you can find him can teach you the ability), you also have a stat point to spend to raise any of your stats.
redkeri13

Postby Kuragari » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:42 am

MS: 2
RS: 1
STR: 2
END: 1
AGI: 2
CUN: 1
WILL: 1+1
HP: 190/190* (no max HP Gain?)

Jedi Padawan Robes

Ask Derrin for training

Allterria doesn't say anything as Master Liv'Trai lays her hand across her wound, her eyes scanning those that were injured, and watching as one or two were slowly being covered by silveryl looking sheets. "I was expecting the possibility of injuries, but how was it that we lost anyone? Were there that many of the beasts?"

Unlike many, she knew Jedi were not invincible (though the war had shattered that image for most who had held such) but still, the Flesh Raiders didn't seem the type to stand much of match against even Jedi students.
Kuragari

Next

Return to Private Games