Dragon Hearts [Lorielle]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Dragon Hearts [Lorielle]

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Sat May 20, 2023 10:32 pm

Lorielle Wrote:Name: Noel Kris
Race: Human
Class: Rogue
Appearance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Background: A bit of a shut in, but doing pretty decent work as a computer programmer, Noel was more than happy to just live out of his Mom's house, helping her out and generally being a good son even if she nagged him a bit about getting outside. Especially when it comes to getting a girlfriend too. But for him it'd sorta just get in the way of plinking away at his hobbies, namely modding and emulating games, JRPGs in particular. Though on one particular day this hobby will change his and his mom's lives forever.

STATS
STR 2
TGH 2
AGI 4
TMP 2
SPI 1

HP 6/6
MP 4/4

Equipment

Twin Daggers
AT: Physical
AP: 1
DP: 1
AR: 4
Trait: Dual wield - Attack twice every use.

Bandit Leathers
DR: 15
DP: 2
WGH: 1

Derived Stats

EV 3
SPD With Twin Daggers: 7
DMG With Twin Daggers : 3

Name: Martha Kris
Race: Elf
Class: Healer
Appearance:

ImageImage

Background: As a single mother, Martha always showered her son with bountiful affection, cherishing him above all else in the world. She would never want to push him away but as he grows older she grows more concerned with his shut in tendencies. She more than happy to let him stay with her, but worries that he's letting his life pass him by and hopes one day he'll find a calling he can be excited by. Something more real than these games he likes to play. Always involving so many different machines wired up to the TV. Just like today, when he's trying out some new way to play one of his favourite games, but the wires keep getting tangled behind the screen. Martha can't make heads or tails of most of this tech stuff, but she knows somethings going to break if she doesn't fix this mess...

STATS
STR: 1
TGH: 1
AGI: 2
TMP: 3
SPI: 4

HP: 2/2
MP: 20/20

Spells
Healing Light
Cost: 2MP
Effect: Restores Target HP by 3 (TMP x Level) Points

Equipment

Acolyte's Staff
AT: Magical
AP: 1
DP: 2
AR: 0

Acolyte's Vestments
DR: 5
DP: 0
WGH: 0

Derived Stats

EV: 2
SPD: 2
DMG

"Just a moment dear and I'll be out of the way. Now... I swear there used to be a red one, a yellow one and a white one..."

Today was a good day, and no amount of being forced to sit and wait while your mother swung her ass in front of your face while bent over the TV was going to take that away from you. Dragon Hearts had been a big reason behind your love for JRPGs in the first place, so finally getting your hands on one of the lost copies of the original Dragon Hearts 3, the version that apparently only made it to public release for a day before being recalled and - if the rumours were true - replaced with an entirely different game, was a BIG deal. The only problem was it was nigh impossible to play this on anything nowadays. Fortunately you had a console old enough that with some adjustments it might actually be able to read the cartridge. Unfortunately, that meant plugging things into the TV, which meant mom insisted on getting involved.

The game seemed to be running, you just couldn't see it yet as your mother fiddled with the cables to get the right stuff plugged in while avoiding whatever technophobic fear she had about plugging everything else out. Though the whirring of the console was getting a lot louder. Maybe it was too old after all...

Traveller, do you hear me?

What was that? Audio from the game? That's right, 'Traveller', that's what they called your character in most of the Dragon Hearts games. A Traveller from another world, come to save this one. This must be the intro narration. If only mom would just let you help more with setting up so you could be able to see the intro as well, rather than her plush, yoga pants clad butt in your face. That whirring was getting quite loud now...

Come to me Traveller... We have been waiting for your arrival for so long that most of us have forgotten...

"Aha!" your mother plugged something into the TV and a bright light flooded out of the screen. At the same time, the console began to spark and shake and you found yourself being enveloped in a tingling sensation.

And then you were falling. You feel for a moment you passed out, but only for a second or two. Yet somehow you completely lost track of where you were. It was like you were tumbling through the clouds, freefalling through rolling mists of grey and black shrouds. You heard a voice cry out... your mother's.

Glancing around, you see her falling not far from you, a look of surprise and panic on her face. Lightning strikes around you, arching through the sky. One bolt, two and then to your horror one strikes your mother. Though strangely she is unharmed... although her clothes are completely vaporised in the process.

Lightning strikes you as well, to much the same effect. Its a painless sensation, but it makes you feel fuzzy all over. Your body starts glowing, brighter and brighter, eventually concealing all your features from view. The same was true of your mother... fortunately enough.

As two balls of light you fell from the maelstrom you were in through what must be the eye of the storm, tumbling down to a village below. An oddly familiar looking village, as you got a fairly clear birds eye view of it. You could almost swear you've seen this place before. Its layout was very familiar. Though tumbling through the sky as you are, its a little too hard to think clearly. You see the ground approaching faster and faster... and then black.

"Hey! Mister. Are you okay." You awake... a faint headache but nothing else the matter. Up above you see the storm disappearing, dark clouds melting away into a clear blue sky. You're lying in a meadow, grass and flowers against your back softening the feel of the ground beneath you. Though even that wouldn't be enough to save you from a fall through the sky. Was it all a dream? But how did you get out here?

The woman above you is stunningly beautiful. She's young with big bright eyes and a... liberated sense of fashion. Her robes looked well embroidered, but left little to the imagination, being very form fitting and filled with enough gaps to show off plenty of her smooth, pale skin. Though as you took in all her features, you can't help but notice her ears. Pointed... like an elf.

"Are you hurt?" she asks, running a hand over your cheek. "Or feeling unwell?" she adds, moving it to check the temperature of your forehead. She knelt over you, her... impressive chest swaying in her robes above you, almost inviting you to ogle and grope them.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Re: Dragon Hearts [Lorielle]

Postby Lorielle » Sat May 20, 2023 10:47 pm

This day couldnt get any longer, the vibrating in my chest as i finally managed to nail down one of the last copies of Dragon Hearts 3. The thing was a relic, but it had stories to tell that was sure. "Yeah they bundled those into one cable now. I knew i should have just gotten the adapter." Mumbling to myself as i was forced to stare at my Mom's backside as she was knelt over. I could feel myself gulp. Despite getting on in years she managed to keep pretty fit.. But what the hell am i doing staring at her ass.

"Oh did you find it?" I say when i hear the voice, it was faint not exactly what I'd expect but this stuff was pretty old, maybe the cables were damaged or something. It certainly seemed that was when i heard the console whirring to life. "That doesnt seem too healthy, Mom you.. good back there?"

Then i finally hear her shout with pride but before i could answer back the room is entirely engulfed in light and i find myself falling. Falling through a sea of clouds and then seeing my mom doing the same. Her scream and the look of panic on her face, i instantly threw out my hand trying to shout for her, but nothing came out as she tumbled away as a ball of light and then the light engulfs me as well.

The next thing I know i feel myself waking up, feeling like someone too a hammer to my head.. or i was experiencing some really bad eyestrain. I blink kinda fast, the haze clearing and a girl standing over me. "Uhh.. i Guhhh." The words feel trapped in my throat, taken aback by her beauty but also the situation.

"I.. i think im okay but umm was there another woman around here? Looks kinda like me, maybe a bit shorter?" I say sitting up and not trying to slam face first into her chest as i look around for my mom. I didnt have time to think about the woman's choice of dress. "Umm.. where am i?" I say more to myself but just louod enough for the lady to hear.
Lorielle

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Sat May 20, 2023 11:13 pm

You find your voice sounds a little different to what you're used to. Maybe you aren't well... or... well, did what happen really happen? You suppose you could be injured and just not feel it... what did happen? Was there an explosion? Did the console blow up? Did you pass out and dream about the fall? But then how did you end up out here? And... none of that even begun to explain the extremely hot elf currently kneeling over you.

"Um..." she says, pushing her finger to her lips cutely as she looks around. Her boobs seem to bob and sway just from her turning her shoulders from side to side to survey your surroundings. It was a bit ridiculous - almost like you were in some kind of anime. "I don't see anyone else, but I'm actually looking for someone too... and, I'm sorry... but I don't really know where we are..."

"Traveller! Traveller!" You hear a woman's voice cry out. Its... the same one that you heard earlier, when you thought the game's sound was starting to come through. Though it sounded more more present this time, like you were hearing an actual person speak.

"Traveller! I'm -ah- I'm so glad you... oh... oh my..." Wait... that is a woman talking, and panting from being out of breath. You see the elf above you turn to look towards the sound as well. Following her gaze, you see a blue haired woman in robes of her own running towards the two of you through the meadow. Though what's most remarkable is you recognise her. Her name is... Melia if you recall correctly. She's an NPC in a couple of the Dragon Hearts games. First introduced as a tutorial quest giver and then she made a few minor appearances with a fortune telling gimmick. Although in actual mechanical use it just allowed the players to pay to choose what the weather would be like the next day.

"Oh my... two Travellers. This was unexpected, I knew there would be an Arrival... but not that two of you would be here." She says upon arriving. She grips her knees as she catches her breath. "S-sorry, I ran here... from the other side of... when I saw... ah~" She straightens herself back up just to bow once more. "I am honoured to meet you, Travellers. My name is Melia, the soothsayer of this village... even if most the people here believe my gift exists only in my head."
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Lorielle » Sat May 20, 2023 11:22 pm

"Well thats great i guess." I say a little wearily, little odd, but i wasnt about to pass up the opportunity to hang out with such a hot elf.. It took almost all the will power i had not to reach up and touch her tits. These old games simply had no restraint on their fan service thats for sure.

"Who are you looking for?" When i collect my wits i finally manage to say, only to be interrupted by a much more familiar voice. Once that I wouldnt soon forget. "O-hey thats.. wait two travellers?" I turn back to the elf lady and the gears in my head start clicking....

"MOM?? Is that you? Its.. its me Noel!" I shout out loud not caring at all that a Very realistic Melia was standing before me, she was cute and all, but why was my mom an elf and smoking hot? I nearly wanna pass out, but theres so much blood in my head that it feels like its throbbing.

"Are you okay?" Quickly i scramble to my feet so im not staring solely at her boobs then help her up to and turn to Melia. "Yeah its nice to meet you Melia, mind telling us where we're out.. this doesnt look like Quintis, seems like a different continent..."
Lorielle

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Sat May 20, 2023 11:39 pm

The elf - your mom? - whoever she was; her eyes go wide at your exclamation and she leans back as you scramble to your feet. She slowly rises to her own, dusting the grass off of her knees as she does so. "Noel?" she asks, looking you over. "What have you done with your hair? And where did you get these clothes, young man?" she says as she starts tugging on your top. "They look absolutely filthy." How was that what she was focusing on now of all things?

Melia's look of awe soon turns to one of confusion as she watches your little exchange. Your words don't do much to help as she frowns in thought. "Quintis? I don't know anywhere of that name..." she murmurs. "You're just outside the town of Fairwater, in the kingdom of Xerith." Fairwater... that was familiar. You did recognise the town's layout from above, but the name Fairwater you recognise from an old game manual... it was the original name for Danneth, the starting town in the version of Dragon Hearts 3 that made it to international release. So things are different... but the same. In how many ways remained to be seen. You certainly don't remember any Kingdom of Xerith from any of the games.

Melia tilts her head to the side as she watches you. Or, less you and more how your mother was now fussing over you. While you talked to the pretty soothsayer, your mother was fiddling with your hair, trying to get it tidier, while manoeuvring around you to neaten up your outfit. "Are these daggers? They look real, what are you doing with daggers? You could get hurt!" she says, before spotting Melia standing nearby.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, we haven't properly introduced ourselves." she says, stepping forward and mirroring the bow Melia gave earlier. This seems to have a profound effect on the soothsayer who blushes deeply. "My name is Martha, and this is my son, Noel. He's normally much less scruffy looking, I promise."

"Oh, I really don't mind. I'm... honoured to meet Travellers such as yourselves." Melia says, getting flustered by your mother's politeness towards her.

"Well aren't you a polite one. We're honoured to meet you too. Aren't we, dear?" Your mother leans in towards you and whispers - or tries to whisper, but you're almost certain Melia can hear her - "See, we're outside for a couple of minutes and you're already talking to a pretty girl who seems to like you a lot. Why don't you go ask her to play that game of yours with you." Your mother plants a hand on your back and pushes you a step forward closer to Melia, who watches you both with utter bewilderment.

"I had no idea Travellers you be so... otherworldly in their mannerisms." she murmurs to herself.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Lorielle » Sat May 20, 2023 11:51 pm

"M-mom, stop that, you're.. youre being embarassing, plus have you seen your clothes?" My hands fly out to nudge her wrists away from me but she keeps coming back regardless, and eventually in just forced to give up and let her do as she pleased. But as she picked away at me i wasnt... exactly sure what to make of what was going on. Why was she and elf and yeah.. my clothes were really off. Theres no way we're in the game right? Melia though. She looks exactly like the sprites and even concept art.

The way she spoke about the place though. Ive explored these games in and out and while I didnt get the chance to play DH3 I read up on it a bit. I cant seem to exactly place what was different and what wasnt, not with the information i had on hand at least.

"Wh-hey, Mom i can explain but you need to calm down." I grab her by both shoulders and try to hold her still though this does result in my knuckles pressing into the sides of her breasts when she shakes around a bit.

I turn her to face Melia so they can get introduced only to roll my eyes at the redness and heat against my ear. Not 5 minutes and she's already nagging me. I whispher back to her. "We're outside by accident.. i... i think we're in the game you helped me with, stay calm and let me do the talking" I say to her hoping she'd play along.

"Yeah Its nice to meet you Melia, we're the travellers you're looking for so why dont we get back to town and we can talk over some drinks, we're a bit lost you see." Hopefully what i was saying was the equivalent to skipping dialogue, as of right now i... didnt see any sort of interface, so maybe its not like we're... In the game?
Lorielle

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Sun May 21, 2023 12:12 am

"Lost? Well... I wouldn't expect you to know where you are, you won't have been... well... anywhere before..." Melia murmurs, rubbing the back of her neck nervously. "I've never met a Traveller before, so I don't know how much you know about our world or the reason the tides of Fate brought you here. I will do whatever I can to help bring you up to speed with our world and your purpose in it."

Your mother nudges your arm, wriggling her eyebrows at you. "Very good... look at my son, asking a pretty young girl out for a drink." Her smile grows wider and she holds her hands up to her mouth. "Teehee! I'm so excited!"

"Right this way Travellers. We shouldn't linger here too long... its likely the magical energy from the storm will attract-" Melia's cut off by a sudden cry. It sounded like... someone gargling on water, and it was followed by a wet squelching sound. Well... this was familiar... Every Dragon Hearts game had them. Melia cries out, pointing towards them as she staggers back in alarm. "Slimes! They're here to feed off of our magical energy."

Three orbs of blue jelly bounce across the meadows towards you, letting out a soft "boing" with each bounce. They're small enough to disappear beneath the grass and flowers around you when they hit the ground, only to bound back out to lunge towards the three of you. A very adorable sight for something that had Melia so alarmed.

"Awww... they're so cute! What do you do with these guys in your game then? Do we get to take them with us?" Your mother asks, clasping her hands together at the sight of the slimes bouncing towards you.

Well... This was going to be bad news for her. Though at least it should be an easy fight.

Combat Start
You go first. Followed by your mother. Then the Slimes.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Lorielle » Sun May 21, 2023 12:26 am

I nod along to Melia's answer, that makes sense.. Travellers were always a bit weird seeing as they supposedly came entirely different worlds but... well i didnt expect to come in here wholesale either, this makes me feel like theres a lump in my stomach and i need to figure out maybe how to get out of here, especially with mom too. Ugh I say when i hear her by my side.

"Mom, just because i stayed inside doesnt mean i didnt know how to talk to women, I had plenty of friends online too. And at work." I roll my eyes but at least she's happy.

"Right lets--" Thats just what we needed, well its just a slime, how hard could it be to take down? My daggers leave their sheathes faster than i can really register, as if instinct kicks in. "Stay back i'll handle this thing. They're hostile so be careful Mom, you have a staff right you should use it." Quickly i run at the closest slime and slash at it with my daggers

"Take this!"
(Attack roll: 20, 19 Damage 3x2 = 6)
Lorielle

Return to Private Games