A Legacy of Triumph or Submission[Lazy Kitsune]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

A Legacy of Triumph or Submission[Lazy Kitsune]

Postby Firehead » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:10 am

Lazy Kitsune Wrote:Name: Irena Bellionne
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Appearance: Image

Background: The Bellionne family have built and lost their fortune to heroic adventuring several times over. A long history of proud and brave adventurers at the head of the family, Irena is but the latest in a long line of heroes. Inheriting the position of head of the household at a young age, she has a lot on her plate. The Bellionne household is at its lowest point in a long time, dark forces of all kinds having claimed many family relics and fortresses. leaving Irena with little to work with for restoring the family. But the unyielding fire of the Bellionne spirit will not flicker out here. Be it by reclaiming lost Bellionne relics or uncovering new artefacts from the clutches of evil - by restoring fallen fortresses or clearing out infamous dungeons, Irena and all that come after her will carry on her family's heroic legacy. And as with all that came before her... they'll just leave out the part where they keep getting used as fuck toys by monsters when it comes to writing the history books.

Perks:
Polearm Master: Irena is adept at fighting with her halberd. She has better melee attacking range than most combatants of a similar size to her and can use that to her advantage.
Steel Conviction: Irena holds the unwavering conviction of the Bellionne's stronger than most in her family. She does not frighten easily and is better at resisting mental influences.
Speedy: Due to her good physical condition and light 'armour', Irena is fast on her feet and can out pace all but the quickest of enemies.
Commanding Presence: Irena has taken to her position of leadership as if born to it... which is fitting seeing as she was. Her voice carries a commanding weight to it that encourages non-hostiles to obey her commands and may give even hostiles pause when it comes to directly confronting her.
Flaws:
Useless Armour: Irena believes her armour is enchanted, and protects more than full plate. This is why she delves into danger so bravely despite wearing little more than a metal bikini. Whatever enchantments were placed on the armour have long since faded and it offers no real protection.
Lone Wolf: Irena prefers to work alone, scoffing at the idea of needing help from other adventurers she runs into on her exploits.
Prideful Lioness: Irena has the self assuredness and arrogance of nobility. She rarely second guesses even her brashest of decisions and has a hard time being agreeable or polite with others. Despite her ability to command, she is terrible at making friends or the more subtle arts of persuasion. This same pride also makes her easier to rile up than most.

Turn Ons: sub/dom play, hypnosis, humiliation, beasts, breeding, drunk / drugged sex
Turn Offs: Gore, vore, insects and arachnids, pedo, scat

As you woke up to the new day, you secured the metal chocker to your throat. Your mother had told you it was the most important relic your family had ever come across, and currently the last it still possessed. She had always been evasive about its exact effects. She had only insisted it was the most important, and that its power had been partially sealed some time ago. She always looked forlorn when mentioning that giving the distinct impression of a great deal of shame related to the seal. All you knew was that to break the seal, you needed to destroy the staff of the shaman who had originally placed the seal.

Walking down the stairs, you came into the main room of the tavern where you had spent the previous night. The old man that ran the place had given you a look you had been none too pleased by though it had been satisfying to cow him with a single death glare. In spite of its protective power, your ancestral armor left much for the male gaze to look over. "Ahh, Lady Bellionne, I hope you found your accommodation suitable. It had not been a great room, but considering how out of the way this place was, you couldn't have expected much more in the way of comfort. "If I remember, you mentioned looking into the ruins of Fort Gargerous. Some of the local hunting boys are heading in that direction. Something about taking care of the local wolf population. I'm sure they would be happy to guide you there if you needed."

You remembered a raucous group of youths from the night before drinking and carrying on long into the night. They'd even had the gall to invite you in on their merrymaking. Their eyes had been even worse than the tavernkeepers, and they hadn't taken any of the hints that would normally send men casting their gazes aside possibly because of how drunk they had been.

The inkeeper clears his throat getting your attention once again. "Mila will be up with your breakfast any minute if you'd like to take a seat."
Firehead

Re: A Legacy of Triumph or Submission[Lazy Kitsune]

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:30 am

I pull my trusty travelling cloak tighter around my body as the tavern keeper's gaze wanders where it should not. The enchanted armour I wore was a thing of warrior's pride that had served me as well as it did my mother. Staring was expected, but that of honour and awe at the sight of such reputed gear, rather than the lecherous gazes of foolish and basely driven men. The old man seemed to learn his lesson quickly, which was more than could be said of those young peasants from the night prior. "My accommodation... served its purpose." I answer him, turning my gaze away and to my surroundings as I spoke. "You remember correctly." There was no sign of those hunters here at the moment, and if there state last night was anything to go by they would be late coming down from their rooms, recovering from a heavy hangover.

"They may point me in the right direction." I state, gritting my teeth at the simple notion of having to talk with them. "But I doubt their guidance will be needed beyond that. They may hunt as they wish, but I suspect I will move faster heading to my destination alone." I wave my hand dismissively as I head to take a seat at an empty table off to the side. "Very well. If not one of the hunters are down by the time I finish with breakfast, I will depart without them. Tell your girl to be sure my food is hot when it gets to me this time. One moment of tardiness during a bustling night is excusable, but if its repeated the morning after she will need disciplining."
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Firehead » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:01 am

"Right, of course." He heads back into the kitchen for a moment before returning to his position behind the desk. It's only another minute before Mila comes up with your plate for breakfast. The girl possessed neither your warrior's physique nor the curves of motherhood but she had a slight frame that gave her a very youthful look to her. You remember the drinkers had been bothering her as well, and unlike you, she wasn't able to avoid spending at least a few minutes giving them company. "Your meal, ma'am." She puts a simple clay plate in front of you with some eggs, ham, and toast. Along with that is a mug of Orange juice to drink along with it. "S-sorry about the wait last night."

You notice one of the young men from last night. He certainly doesn't look like the kind of guy just waking up from a hang-over even getting another mug of ale from the Innkeeper after exchanging a few words. Once he has his mug he approaches you, though he gave Mila's ass a firm pat as he passed giving the young lass a start. She quickly scurries back into the kitchen. "Hey, I heard you might be in need of some guidance. Me and the boys know these woods like the back of our hands, and it sounds like you're heading in the same direction of us too." As he takes a swig, you see the other three men approaching looking much rougher from the previous night. This man's really full of himself, and your sure his compatriots are no better, so you find yourself mulling over whether or not it's even worth getting any help from them in the first place before his friends join him.
Firehead

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:45 pm

"You're on time this morning and that's what matters." I say as I appraise the food. "Back home, were I as tardy as you before, it'd have been several swift palms to the rear to get me back to speed. Though it looked to me like you were held up enough by the disarray of others, so I'll spare any need to have you disciplined today." Despite my leniency, it seemed Mila was destined to have a hand find her ass anyway. One of the hunters from before seemed to think he could invite himself over to a conversation with me and took the time to fondle the serving girl as he did so. Quite understandably she took her leave, although it left me to have to deal with the company of this man alone. I disregard him, turning my attention to my food as I enjoy the first few bites, washing it down with some of the juice available before I even deign to speak to him.

"If what you heard was at all accurate to what I said, you'd know all I was looking for was some simple directions. No need for further guidance, and definitely not travelling companions." I look him up and down as he takes yet another swig, seemingly not letting an unblurred moment stand between sobering up from the night before and getting drunk once again. And now his friends were arriving, looking like even more contemptuous company that I usually had to put up with on these excursions. "Looking at you now, I doubt you could even offer what little I wanted, so I shan't even ask for that. I can make my way through the woods on my own. You and your 'boys' can enjoy your little hunt without me."
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Firehead » Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:07 am

He leans back at your sharp tongue. "Hey now, you don't gotta be that way. The road can be lonely, and the wolves have been getting hungry of late. Not good to be traveling on your own around here." He takes another swig of whatever alcoholic beverage fills his cup. "But if that's all you want, let no one say Jarvis ain't accommodating. You're going to want to take the east road out of town. About an hour out, you'll see a particularly gnarled tree where the road turns southeast. There's an unkept road leading due north from there that leads to the fort." Leaning back, he gives you a big smile that just oozes a sense of 'ain't I great' just from the simple act of giving directions almost as if he expected an award from it.

His three compatriots having noticed the two of you speaking skip chatting with the innkeeper to approach the pair of you with a cheer. "Hey, you think again about joining us for a drink?" One of them asks. "I could use a little hair of the dog with some nice company." States another. The third one says nothing instead just staring at you intently. While the rest are kind of wirey, the quiet one is rather large and looks like he would be more at home swinging around a warhammer than wielding the bows they all have slung on their backs. Jarvis waves them over whispering to you low enough that they can't hear as he does. "You really should reconsider. It's not just lean wolves looking for a meal that can get you into trouble around here, and it always pays to have another set of keen eyes."
Firehead

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:33 am

I straighten my back in my seat as I give him a nod of acknowledgement, even if I don't care to look directly at him as I do so, preferring instead to close my eyes briefly as if to shut him out of my awareness of the world. "Thank you for your directions." I say. Though my tone may not come off as genuine, giving thanks was still the proper thing to do even if I had half a mind to doubt he was really sober enough to know east from west. Expecting that to be the end of it, I return to eating my food, only to find myself sighing internally as his three friends seem to have decided to come on over anyway.

Thankfully they weren't being as rowdy as the night before... at least for now. Seemed like they were just getting the ball rolling on the drinking - goodness knows how they planned to get any hunting done - so there was every chance they could build up to the same noisy chaos that tried to cling so persistently to me last night. They'd give most the slimes in the world a run for their money at that at least. "I prefer to work sober, but that's just because I like doing my job well so I wouldn't expect you to understand." I say in response to the one pushing the idea of joining them for a drink.

I affix a tired and irritated gaze onto Jarvis's eyes, doing my best to keep it as politely restrained as a public encounter requires, as I respond to his continuously pressed offer. "I am used to dealing with much worse than wolves, and I work better alone. Besides I'm not sure what use you all would be out there. Half of you are too hungover to see sunlight, and the other half too drunk to sling your bows. I don't take to the most professional of company easily, so what makes you think your so special that I should make an exception for your group?"
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Firehead » Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:33 am

The group of men looks sorely disappointed when you turn down their offer of a drink and of traveling together. "Heh, we work better when we're a little buzzed. Keeps us from getting too uptight. I'm sure sooner or later, you'll see that loosening up is important for your health. C'mon boys, we know where we're not wanted." The quartet bemoans before following Jarvis over to another table where they get their own food. The disappointment of not getting time with you is alleviated somewhat when they return their attention to Mila, and she's again roped into having a seat with them getting felt up several times.

The innkeeper is all too happy to accept your money once you have had your morning meal. "Pleasure doing business with you, m'lady." He takes one of the coins you handed him holding it up to the light. "Love that flicker you get from the coin of proper folk. No dirt or grime, it just shines in the light." He laughs a little to himself as you make your way out of the establishment and start down the road. It's still rather early, so there isn't much activity in town though you supposed the local farmers would probably be doing their work already.

The weather is bright and sunny which at least meant it was going to be a pleasant day to be hiking through the woods. Before you've even made it half an hour out of town, you hear a rustle in the woods nearby. Out of the corner of your eye, you spot a spot of grey fur in a bush. Seems some wolves were looking to jump you in ambush. Your instinct told you this was an oddly advanced tactic for simple beasts which was a worrying thought, to say the least. Thankfully, they didn't seem to realize you'd notice you giving you time to plan out how you were going to handle them once they made a jump for you.
Firehead

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Sat Jan 07, 2023 3:52 am

Their disappointment was irrelevant to me. If anything, them being gone was all the 'buzz' I needed to get underway. Able to finish up my breakfast in peace, I pay what's owed before heading on my way with my halberd in hand. It was worth following Jarvis's directions to start with, though if they did turn out to be the hazy misremembering's of a drunkard I would have to adapt. It was clear weather for travelling, which would help with my pace. With any luck, this could be a quick expedition.

Its not long, however, before I spot the first signs of trouble. Movement of beasts lurking in the bushes nearby. Not stalking me... but lying in wait. An ambush, of all things. Simple tactics for the likes of cowardly bandits... but eerily advanced for wolves non-the-less.

My speed and attack range was my strength, so the best way to make use of that right now was to strike first. Lunge and deliver a quick swipe with my halberd to strike one of the beasts where they hid before backing up before they had a chance to properly retaliate. If I could keep my polearm's full length between me and the beasts they would have no way to counteract that. I just needed the first strike to go well enough.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Firehead » Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:35 am

(6, 4, 4, 2 vs 3, 6, 4)

Leaping before the beast can even realize it's presence has been noticed you quickly rush in to swing your deadly halbard. (2, 1, 2, 3, 4 vs 1, 5, 3)However, in your haste, your swing is not as precise as you would have liked, and even with little notice, the beast manages to leap backwards abandoning its hiding place just as you cleave it in two. Lowering its ears and flashing its fangs, it growls menacingly at you, but as you yank your weapon from what is left of the bush, he seems to think better about challenging you alone. Throwing his head back, he howls out calling into the distance (4, 4, 3)and receives an answer.

Behind him, two other shapes come from the darkness, and you can hear more howls returning the call. It was hard to tell how many wolves had called out, but there were already three here, and the answer implied others would come. It might be annoying to have to slay them one after another with no idea of when they would stop coming. The three of them fan out as they approach clearly intending to cause cow you into indecision and overwhelm you with attacks from multiple angles. You realize that with its length, and the denseness of the trees, you're angles of attack will be limited if you challenge them in the forest.
Firehead

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:15 pm

Cursing as the beast somehow managed to evade my attack, the situation is made all the worse when it howls out - calling its brethren to join in its hunt. As irritating as it would be to cleave my way through an entire pack, it wasn't like I had much other choice. These beasts weren't exactly just going to let me walk around them now were they? Falling back sprung to mind, but that may actually be the worse move. As much as the forest limited my angles of attack, that was more of an advantage than disadvantage when up against a more numerous foe. Just as I could only focus in few directions, they could only come at me from places where there were openings in the forest. Departing and fighting them in a field would just let them surround me. Better to have a tree at my back or side to keep it blocked off from a beast's pounce, than to find myself beset by all sides.

Instead of falling back, I pressed on the offensive - using the narrow woods to my advantage instead of there's. I manoeuvred to keep them within a line out in front of me and kept my assault. I could strike any of them before I was close enough for their teeth and claws. If I could deal with these three quickly enough, then it may be time to reassess once the others come, but for now any option other than all out attack would just delay the fight that was coming either way and waste energy that could be put to use triumphing over my foes rather than running away.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Firehead » Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:22 pm

(5, 3, 5 vs. 2, 4, 1)Without hesitation, you charge forward swinging your blade carefully through the various obstructions. You hear several twigs snap as your blade cuts through them without difficulty. The oncoming beasts were clearly not expecting you to charge them so fearlessly, one of them trips as you swing easily allowing you to end its life in a single slice. The pair before you hesitate only a moment before charging you.

(5, 1, 5 vs. 6, 5, 2)Unable to surround you, they use a different tact to take advantage of their number. Both leaping at you, but you quickly notice that one is going high for your throat while the other dives low for your ankles. Thinking quickly however, you are just barely able to pull your halbard back slamming the blade down into the dirt to block the low one, the beast just barely manages to stop its charge, and by tilting the handle quickly, you manage to catch the one going for your throat across the cheek managing to knock a single fang loose.

With their initial attack deflected, they back off giving you a moment to either regroup your thoughts or press your advantage once again. (4, 2, 5)To your left, you see another beast charging to join the fray to replace the one that now lay dead in the soil.
Firehead

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:21 am

My assault bears fruit, though not as much as I would have liked. Still, trimming their numbers even slowly was necessary to prevent being overwhelmed as more of them arrived. Hopefully if I culled enough of the pack, the rest would start listening to their survival instincts and flee. I could hear more approaching, however, trying to find different angles to assault me. I was keeping the two before me right where I wanted them to hold the advantage, and I wasn't about to let a late comer throw that off.

Instead of pressing forward, I quickly fall back, but only to force the one approaching from my left into an opening that would place it between myself and the two others I was fighting, once again grouping them all in a line. If I manage to get back in time to pull it off, I would press my assault again, taking them head on to try and pick as many off without getting surrounded as I can.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Firehead » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:45 am

(3, 5, 4 vs. 6, 6, 3)The two that had seen this trick before were catching wise as they made sure to move, so they weren't lined up for you to just get at them all at once. With your plan dismissed, you had little choice but to at least take a swing at one of them to make sure you're chipping away at the numbers. However, as you take a swing at one, it takes cover behind a nearby tree preventing you from taking it down for now.

(4, 6, 4 vs. 5, 1, 2)As soon as your blade struck the tree, one of the others used the opportunity to charge at you bowling into your side forcing you to take several steps back. You manage to get into a position where they're not surrounding you, but you already feel winded, and this fight feels like it might have only begun. (4, 3, 3)While you can still hear the baying in the distance, no new wolves manage to take the battlefield, but this is starting to drag out with neither side making much progress.
Firehead

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:56 am

Something was clearly wrong here. First the ambush, and now this. I was clearly too much hassle to be worth hunting, even wolves emboldened enough to hunt humans would back off if the fight proved too tough. This wasn't a clash with animalistic instinct, this was a real fight, against enemies that were adapting to my strategies and willing to die to stop me. That changed things considerably. I had underestimated these beasts, or perhaps some yet unseen power that drove them. Either way, I would need to adapt to them faster than they were to me if I wanted this over quickly.

With more wolves on the way, and the ones here getting better at dealing with my current approach, it was time to change strategy. I began falling back more, moving away from the depths of the woods and towards its edge. The more I kept away from the sounds of the rest of the pack, hopefully the longer it would take for them to catch up. Ideally, they might back off entirely, but with how they were acting I wasn't counting on it.

Falling back would also offer me a chance to change up how I fought the wolves currently on me. Switching to a more defensive approach, I could attack those that came within reach of my halberd to keep them at bay. At least until the trees began to thin out. Then I would lunge again, not once I've left the woods but shortly before, hoping to catch any of the beasts still pursuing me off guard and deliver a swift finishing blow.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Firehead » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:15 am

Cautiously, the trio of beasts followed your movements carefully as they seemed to recognize your change in strategy. They tried fanning out, but with you moving away the entire time, they could only spread out not surround you. As you got closer to the edge of the woods, the light got a little better, and you noticed for the first time that they looked well-fed which was strange considering Jarvis saying they were hungry leaving you to wonder if he was mistaken or had lied.

Finally, the newcomer got impatient charging towards you giving you the opportunity you needed. (2, 6, 2 vs. 3, 2, 3)It's a very fool-hardy charge, and you're easily able to thrust your blade fast enough to hit the side of his neck. You must have hit his carotid though because blood burst out and he quickly collapsed as he bled out. The other two left you little time before they made another mad charge at you. (6, 2, 4 vs. 6, 5, 1)They both manage to come at you at nearly the same time forcing you to contend with both attacks simultaneously once again. With little time to think, you notice a clod of dirt at your feet which you kick up to create a cloud of dust. You hear their nails dig into the dirt as they quickly come to a halt before backing off. (4, 4, 3)Another wolf joins the fray coming in from behind its compatriots.
Firehead

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:30 am

A growl to match the wolves' own rumbles from deep within me before it builds into an enraged roar as yet another wolf arrives. The moment I kill one, another shows up to take its place. To say I was getting nowhere was an understatement, as I had already backed off towards the edge of the woods. They weren't smart, tactical and possibly well-trained for sure, but there was nothing dumber than them continuing to show up just to die at my feet. Though if wearing me out was the goal, then this was definitely smart of whoever or whatever had prepared a wolf based ambush in my path.

"Stop coming here just to die!" I yell. How they reacted to the dirt I kicked up gave me an idea. Moving to ground with dry, piled soil, I could start kicking with my lunges, keeping enough dirt in the air to cloud their vision. I didn't need to try too hard to get it up there - in fact, it was better as a measured amount. Clouding the air around my knees while keeping my own vision clear would make attacking difficult for the wolves without dirt getting in their eyes. That way I could hopefully disorientate them enough that a solid few swings could start dropping them at a faster rate.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Firehead » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:27 am

(4, 4, 6)Lucky for you, the soil is very dry giving you plenty of ammunition to kick up what was practically a dust storm at your feet. The wolves watched you cautiously snarling as the air around your legs was soon filled with dust at their eye level. The new comer snarls and starts to approach only for one of the others to huff at him stopping his approach. Warily, the three of them begin to fan out once again intending to circle you while you remain protected in your cloud of dust. They're keeping their distance meaning you would have to leave the cloud to attack them. However, if you did charge one, the cloud would remain possible slowing their approach.

(3, 3, 4)There is no sign of new combatants coming at the present, thankfully, but the way they chose not to take a chance on attacking you makes it seem like they are perfectly happy to wait you out for the time being. You didn't know how big this pack might be, but the way they keep coming one by one seems to indicate that they're at the very least spread out over a great distance. If you could come up with a way to take enough out quickly, you might be able to get out of here without having to slaughter the entire pack.
Firehead

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:43 am

My eyes narrow. So, wearing me out did seem to be the goal after all. And they were communicating with each other to make sure it happened. Well, if they wanted to wait me out and sap my energy bit by bit then I was right the first time. I simply shouldn't give them the chance. What I was wrong about was thinking I could keep killing until they backed off. Instead, I had to rush through them, focused entirely on reaching my goal. Fort Gargerous. Taking a deep breath to prepare myself, I narrow my focus and break into a sprint.

Choosing to spread themselves out to encircle me would be a smart move if my objective was to fight the wolves. Quite frankly, I couldn't care less about the wolf population here - let those hunters from earlier deal with them if they can. I had more pressing matters to deal with, matters which were likely the source of the wolves' supernatural coordination in the first place. So, seeing as I didn't need to fight them, I just needed to get by them. So I could run. Run freely and only attacking what was in my path. They could chomp behind my heels as I kicked dirt in their face if that's what they wanted, and no doubt there would be others in my path. But now I could put their coordination to the test, see if they could adapt fast enough, and smart enough, to stop me.

I was bound to run into wolves in my path, spread out through the woods as they were. This didn't concern me - they could ambush me as much as they liked as long as they stayed spread out like this. They knew they were much more a threat in large numbers, which is why they tried gathering together as their first strategy. If they fall back on that, however, then that'll cluster them together to try and block me off - which pulls them away from other areas of the woods that I could run to instead. Either strategy, they can't change my objective. It would be a trying sprint, but far less exhausting that fighting an entire forest of wolves three at a time.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Firehead » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:34 am

Casting your eyes on the path to your destination, there was no way around it. While spreading themselves out meant you wouldn't have to charge through all three, it would force you to deal with at least one of them. (3, 2, 3, 6 vs. 3, 1, 4)Seeing you coming, the beast crouches low ready to leap for you. In your rush, your swing is awkward, but this wolf made a leap for your shoulder giving it no chance to dodge, and you're just fast enough to prevent it from biting into you. Still, you are momentarily slowed down as its bleeding body lands right in your path.

(6, 6, 1, 1 vs. 6, 3, 5)The other two seeing you on the move rush to both sides circling around the still-settling cloud of dust giving chase, but you manage to keep a lead on them for the moment. Before you are even out of eye shot of the area where you'd been fighting, the pair following behind you bay to the sky apparently alerting their compatriots that you were now on the move and in what direction you were moving. Another much deeper howl coming from somewhere to your left. It's clearly not the same as the wolves you'd been fighting. (6, 6, 2)You see another wolf running parallel to you, but it's making no move to get any closer to you instead it seems to be keeping you from changing your current course.
Firehead

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:42 pm

So far I had breached through them successfully enough, although they were making efforts to try and control the path I ran in. This much was expected, but there would be little advantage to it unless they planned on also gathering all of their pack accordingly. That was the assumption, however, until I heard a much deeper howl. A chill ran down my back as I my shoulders tensed further. A larger beast, perhaps the one that has asserted itself at the top of this pack and directed them to act in this manner. As well fed the beasts are, they've clearly been reaping the benefits of better strategy well enough before now. If the source of that howl was also the source of their smarts then that creature would likely be trouble if I let it direct my path.

It was to my left, though at least one beast was trying to dissuade me from changing my path. If I waited any longer, I would have to deal with even more wolves acting in kind. So, I changed my path immediately, prepared to deal with that wolf if I had to. Though my goal wasn't to move away from the howl, but dart directly towards it. If this was the head of the pack, then cutting it off before all the wolves could rally in full strength might finally get them to flee.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Next

Return to Private Games