In Exile [Firehead]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

In Exile [Firehead]

Postby Ze Blitzkrieg » Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:40 am

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Name: Arvis Rigald
Age:23
Sex:Male
Background:Born in the kingdom of Asgelf, Arvis had always known being a knight would be the highest honor his kind could obtain. He even realized when he was invited to attend the Princess's 18th birthday when she would be choosing her personal bodyguard for herself, it was well known his invitation was only a formality, and the Princess would never have chosen him which only left him, and the entire court, completely confused when she did chose him. Even as he began protecting her feeling the stares of various nobles, soldiers, and knights on his back, he never quite had it in him to ask her why she had chosen him.

The North Tribes had always been a problem, but they became increasingly bold in their attacks. The King was forced to send a large host north to subjugate the incursions, but only three days after they left, Arvis woke to the sounds of fighting. A small band of barbarians led by a man commanding strange magics had infiltrated the wall while many soldiers were away. Grabbing only what was necessary, Arvis snuck the Princess out of the castle planning to take her to the south hoping to disappear into the neighboring Kingdom of Alrest to keep the Princess safe.
Appearance:https://e621.net/posts/3404934
Stats:
Strength:3
Dexterity:2
Constitution:2
Communication:0
Cunning:2
Magic:0
Perception:2
Willpower:1
Focuses:
Strength(Swords), Communication(Convincing), Perception(Hearing)
Equipment: Broad sword, Leather armor, Trail rations, Flint and Tinder, Small coin purse
Kinks:Misunderstandings, Sexual Rewards, Cock Worship, Multiple Partners, Romance, Purely Sexual Relationships, Harem
Turn-Offs:Bathroom play, Gore, Vore

It had been almost a week since the castle fell and you had fled to the south, princess in tow. You hadn't stopped for more than a few hours at a time to rest, or briefly buy supplies at the occasional hamlet, and the long ride was clearly getting to your charge. Princess Ophelia had always been a sweet, if naive girl, and the sudden attack on the castle, the bloodshed, had shaken her badly. So too did trading in a plush life behind curtain walls for the road, and the many hours of walking proved especially difficult for her. Luckily, you had passed into Alrest the evening prior, and a short while after dawn, you managed to come across a city. If memory served, it was known as Goldcrest, and served as a stopping point for merchants and mercenaries alike on their way between the two kingdoms. You don't need to so much as pass the city walls to find some respite; even outside them, there are inns and taverns to serve the errant traveler. You pick the first one you come across, if only to give the princess some rest, as the poor girl hadn't said much since breakfast, lost in her thoughts and doldrums.

"I'll be right there!" You're met with a feminine voice as soon as you step through the well-worn door, a little brass bell above it rigged to jingle whenever a customer arrives. Being as it's the middle of the day, there aren't many patrons lining the counter or the many tables positioned haphazardly around an ember filled hearth. From the back, a woman a few years your senior manifests, carrying a tray of what must be beer to a few early drinkers, before hurrying over to address you.

"Welcome to the Haystack! You can have a seat wherever, and I can bring you and your..." She tilts to the side just a bit to see Ophelia, who has taken to cowering behind you in the presence of strangers, given recent circumstances. "Wife? Some drinks, if you'd like. Or maybe a meal?"

It's rather strange; you know for a fact that a beast man and a human woman together, much less married, would be quite a scandal back home. Perhaps Alrest was more cosmopolitan than its neighbor to the north? Embarrassing implications aside, the princess tugs at your arm.

"I'd, uhm... I'd like that. I'm still hungry." She murmurs from beneath her hood, demure as always.
User avatar
Ze Blitzkrieg
 
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:42 am

Re: In Exile [Firehead]

Postby Firehead » Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:40 pm

It had been a tense several days since the castle had fallen. I had barely even gotten a wink of shut-eye during the times I let the Princess rest to regain her own strength for the journey she was poorly prepared for, but I kept reminding myself that this was all for the sake of her survival. Even if my home Kingdom had collapsed, I still had my duty. I sighed in relief when we entered the city. It was both far enough away that there was little chance of us being identified, and large enough for us to disappear into the crowd just in case. First, I had to feed us both as our rations had been dwindling the last few days of our trip.

With Ophelia as hungry as she was, I wasn't particularly picky and just went with the first place that looked like it served food I saw. Stepping in, I was glad to see the place was far from full. I wasn't sure the Princess had fully grasped her situation, and I needed to set a few ground rules to make certain she didn't give away her true identity. The last thing we needed was for spies to track us down. The tribes weren't exactly known for such subterfuge, but strange rumors surrounded the figure that now led them, some of them downright laughable, but I didn't dare take any risks.

I tensed as the waitress called Ophelia my wife. Such a thing would be unthinkable back home with a normal woman. Not correcting the mistake with the Princess involved would be a quick way to get me in lot of trouble, but I couldn't cause a scene under the circumstances. Thankfully, the Princess seemed more focused on food than the insinuation that I was her husband. While she'd never shown distaste towards me, us being a couple was probably still well beyond her acceptance of me. "Yes, we've been traveling and could use a properly cooked meal."

I ushered Ophelia over to a table in a corner where no one else seemed to be near. Once we were seated, I began to speak keeping my voice low and keeping my eyes out in case someone came near. "Even though we made it to Alrest, it's best we keep our identities secret, but we'll be here too long to avoid questions, so we'll need to make something up and stick with it." I thought for a moment. "It's a bit crude, but the waitress was probably its easiest to pass ourselves as a young couple. We'll also need fake names to give people. Do you have any ideas for what fake name you'd like?" I wanted her input hoping that getting her help would make this all easier to remember for her.
Firehead
 
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:19 pm

Re: In Exile [Firehead]

Postby Ze Blitzkrieg » Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:05 pm

The innkeeper gives you a gentle smile.

"Of course. I'll get you two the special of the day." She offers sweetly, before disappearing back into the room she had been prior. As you shuffle the princess along into a corner table, she settles down nervously, peering at the other customers who, mercifully, do not pay her much mind back. As you explain things to her, she nods softly.

"Uhm... Yufie. I like Yufie," She eventually decides. You're almost positive 'Yufie' is the name of one of the castle's serving girls, although there were probably thousands of Yufie across Alrest and Asgelf. It was also anybody's guess whether or not the original Yufie had survived the sack of the castle. "What about you?... You need a fake name too."
User avatar
Ze Blitzkrieg
 
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:42 am

Re: In Exile [Firehead]

Postby Firehead » Fri Jul 22, 2022 3:16 pm

I consider the name a moment, yes, while I was hesitant to use names of people we know, this particular one was common enough that there would be no concern they might use it to find us. "Yes, that will do, and you can call me Yanus while we're here." I tensed as I came to the next subject. "Sorry again about letting people think we're a couple, but if we're to stick with it, we should probably refer to each other by pet names..." I hesitated as I got ready to say it though the fact that I wasn't doing this with her real name made it easier. "...YuYu." It felt awkward on my lips, so I was glad no one was there to see it. Hopefully, it would get easier to be so informal with her with practice.
Firehead
 
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:19 pm

Re: In Exile [Firehead]

Postby Ze Blitzkrieg » Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:01 am

Ophelia simply stares in return in her usual nervous manner. It occurs to you that the concept of pet names is probably foreign to her; you doubt the noble class do much in the way of addressing their spouse so affectionately. It's a testament to her trusting nature that the next words to leave her mouth so easily conform to your desire.

"Okay... Yaya..."

Now on the receiving end of your own medicine, you don't have all that much time to formulate an opinion before the waitress returns. She places a roughly hewed wooden tray down before the two of you, with two halves of a rustic loaf of bread, a block of cheese, and a small bowl of stew in the middle, presumably meant to be shared. There's also two cups carved from horn atop it, each filled with a sweet smelling golden liquid that, upon closer inspection, proves to be somewhat alcoholic.

"Please, enjoy yourselves. If you need anything else, let me know," Your hostess offers with a soft smile, although her eyes do drift towards the sword at your side, "Although, it might be that I need something from you. You don't happen to be the adventuring sort, do you?"
User avatar
Ze Blitzkrieg
 
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:42 am

Re: In Exile [Firehead]

Postby Firehead » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:52 am

Her own awkwardness aside, the power dynamic between a princess and her knight made it far less weird for her to speak to me so informally. I gave her an approving nod. "We'll find somewhere to stay tonight, and I'll look for a job tomorrow." Seeing the hostess approach, I motioned for Ophelia signaling that someone was approaching. I tensed as she mentioned my sword before realizing she had mistaken me for an adventurer. "Well, uh, not officially no, but I am confident in my sword arm. What is it that you need?" An early job falling into my lap was certainly a good way to get ourselves a roof over our heads for the night, and adventuring was a pretty lucrative career for common folk like we're pretending to be.
Firehead
 
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:19 pm

Re: In Exile [Firehead]

Postby Ze Blitzkrieg » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:17 pm

"Well, it's a trifling matter, but it's something I need attended," The waitress explains softly, "It's my cousin; she fancies herself something of an adventurer too. Hard not to, with how many there are filtering in and out of town all the time. She went off on an 'expedition' to the old fort just north of the city a few days ago, and she hasn't been back since. It's long since abandoned, and honestly, it's close enough to the city that I doubt anything particularly dangerous would be lurking within... but I'm worried. It's not a matter the city guard will look into, given that it's not part of the city, and I don't have much in the way of spare coin to pay any of the regular adventurers with..."

Her glance briefly lingers on Ophelia, before returning to yourself. She gives you a once over, and you can see there's a clear conflict in her eyes as she says the next words. "But... I'm willing to work out an alternative form of payment, if you'd be willing. Just, make sure she comes back safe."
User avatar
Ze Blitzkrieg
 
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:42 am

Re: In Exile [Firehead]

Postby Firehead » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:38 am

I listen as the waitress tells me about the trouble her cousin is apparently in. Apparently, the town currently had a lot of adventurers which would probably help the two of us blend in, but I kept my focus on her trouble. Her cousin disappearing did sound concerning even if the area wasn't supposed to have anything particularly dangerous. I nodded when she made it clear that she apparently didn't have many options for people to help her cousin.

I was a little uncertain upon hearing she didn't have much to pay with, but I was really confused with the way she looked over Ophelia and then myself before saying something I didn't expect. My mind initially went to a very lewd place. Rumors of the kinds of risque things, but I doubted they were really true. She probably was offering me a free night or something, and it could never hurt to have a good relationship with the local tavern. "Sure, I could go check it out. Where would I find this fort?" I had hoped to get Ophelia settled somewhere before I took any jobs, but this had sort of just fallen into my lap.
Firehead
 
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:19 pm

Re: In Exile [Firehead]

Postby Ze Blitzkrieg » Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:32 am

"It's right along the border into Asgelf, a little north and a while west of town. The king used to keep it garrisoned when relations were rougher, and before the city had grown large enough to defend itself. But Goldcrest is more than capable of repelling an assault these days, so it was deemed a waste of resources to keep it manned, and so it's been left to nature." She seems fairly perceptive, for a tavern keeper, as she casts her gaze back to Ophelia.

"It's only about half a day by foot, so it won't be long, and I'll make sure to give you two a room in the meanwhile so your wife has somewhere safe to stay."
User avatar
Ze Blitzkrieg
 
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:42 am

Re: In Exile [Firehead]

Postby Firehead » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:03 am

I wasn't exactly thrilled to be heading back towards the border, and I wasn't sure how much these lands knew of the new threat the tribes presented. Still, it was hard to turn down a free room and the gratitude of the local tavern staff. I tried not to tense as she called the Princess my wife once again. As long as we were in hiding, it was the best way to explain why I was protecting her regardless of how improper it was. "Yes, I would be most thankful for the room. We've only just arrived in town. I guess all I need now is a description of this cousin of yours and a name."
Firehead
 
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:19 pm

Re: In Exile [Firehead]

Postby Ze Blitzkrieg » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:41 pm

"She's a little shorter than I am, and a little slimmer too. She's a farm kid, so her skin's on the darker side, and she's the prettiest black hair that she just insists in tying up for some reason. I'm sure you'll know her when you see her; she's hard to miss." The innkeeper explains, "Her name is Chelyn, but she prefers to go by Chel."
User avatar
Ze Blitzkrieg
 
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:42 am

Re: In Exile [Firehead]

Postby Firehead » Sat Aug 20, 2022 3:11 am

I took in the description hoping I would be able to find her quickly. "Very well, I will speak with my wife over dinner and be off once I'm finished eating." Taking a seat, I turned to the Princess. "Yuyu, I've got some work. I'll be looking for the waitress's cousin. It doesn't sound like she's too far away, so I shan't be gone long. She's even offered to put us up for the night, so you'll have somewhere comfortable..." not to mention safe. "...for my return." I waited to see how she would react. It would be troublesome leaving the Princess's side, but I would need to work now that we didn't have her father's support.
Firehead
 
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:19 pm

Re: In Exile [Firehead]

Postby Ze Blitzkrieg » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:05 pm

The waitress, for her part, simply bows and excuses herself once you've made it clear you'll assist in her plight. When she's gone, the princess relaxes, but only slightly. She's understandably tense, especially with the prospect of her only protector leaving her.

"It's alright... I understand. The governess never taught me much about money, but I know we'll need it going forward," She offers meekly, "The owner seems like a good person. I'll be okay here until you get back. Just be careful, okay?"
User avatar
Ze Blitzkrieg
 
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:42 am

Re: In Exile [Firehead]

Postby Firehead » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:49 am

"Yes, I wish I could have had some time to educate you myself before I had to leave you alone, but this opportunity is too good to pass up. I'll make sure to make time to acclimate you better when I get back. From what she said, it shouldn't be too dangerous, and my sword arm is better than your average starting adventurer." There was still a possibility this was related to the invasion of Asgelf, but there was no need to put the Princess on edge from vague possibilities.

Taking a few more bites of my meal and one more swig of my drink before I stood up. "It shouldn't be more than an hour or two, Yuyu." Walking back to the front, I nod to the barwoman. "I leave her in your care."
Firehead
 
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:19 pm

Re: In Exile [Firehead]

Postby Ze Blitzkrieg » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:39 am

"I'll be, err, sure to look after her?" It only occurs to you after the fact that it's a tad strange to insist your wife is someone to be watched over, but by then, you've already left the tavern and headed off back into the day. The streets aren't all that more packed than when you arrived, and you manage to find your way back on the path which led you to Goldcrest in the first place. It's quite a walk back to the border, where great stone markers denote the beginning of Asgelfian territory from that of Alrest. You don't need to go crossing back into home, thankfully, and instead begin the trek westward. Forts aren't exactly known for their concealed nature, given their purpose of projecting strength, and so it's only an hour or so before you catch sight of a looming fortification on the border marches.

Roll: Perception vs Hard Difficulty (15)
Result: 3d6 + 2 (5, 5, 3, + 2) = 15, pass

Roll: Stealth vs Contested Roll (11)
Result: 3d6+2 (6, 4, 5, + 2) = 17, pass


As you approach the supposedly abandoned battlements, you catch sight of a few low, stooped shadows among them. With their presence in mind, you manage to find cover among the rocky hillsides, masking your presence from the sentry's wandering eyes. Peering from behind your stony safe haven, you manage to get a better look at the figures. Their swampy green skin and small stature seem to indicate the presence of goblins. It doesn't take a scholar to remember much about them; they're small, savage humanoids, who usually make their homes in caves and mountainsides, although they certainly have a reputation for colonizing abandoned structures left behind by larger species. The extermination of enterprising goblin tribes in Asgelf is usually left to the earls, seen as an ill-suited duty for the knights sworn directly to the king, so you had never been forced to contend with them. You do recall that while individually small and fairly weak, goblins are both cunning and countless, and tend to use trickery and superior numbers to bring down superior foes.

While you can only make out two of the creatures along the fort's abandoned walls, there's sure to be more within the fortress itself, and what's more, their presence indicates that the foolhardy adventure you've been sent to retrieve may have bitten off more than she could chew during her spelunking.
User avatar
Ze Blitzkrieg
 
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:42 am

Re: In Exile [Firehead]

Postby Firehead » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:18 am

Once I was out of sight of the barmaid, I chided myself for that. The fact that my wife couldn't take care of herself was not something I needed spreading around. It wasn't something I could undo, but I would need to get Princess Ophelia more acclimated to the common life we needed to blend into soon lest something happened when I'm not around to watch over her. Focusing my attention on the task at hand, I made my way to the outpost I was to look into.

I was surprised to see the place occupied, and by goblins no less. I wasn't particularly familiar with their kind, but what I did know didn't bode well for the missing girl. I wanted to stage a rescue quickly, but they were cunning, and I didn't need to fall into a trap and risk the same fate as her. I considered sneaking in, but if I got found out while inside their territory, I would be rapidly surrounded and overwhelmed. What I needed was to catch them off-guard and take them out a few at a time. Looking about, I was curious of two things. What was their method of sounding the alarm, and how I might draw them from their posts?
Firehead
 
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:19 pm

Re: In Exile [Firehead]

Postby Ze Blitzkrieg » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:14 pm

Roll: Perception vs Contested (17)
Result: 3d6+4 (3, 6, 5 + 4) = 18, pass


As you mull over your options for approaching, your ears pick on on something. Or, rather, someone not too far off behind you. Pivoting around to see who it is, you'd find yourself face-to-side with a goblin of all things! Only, this one seems less keen on spotting your approach and more keen on lamenting her lot in life.

"Stupid! Idiot! Find one long leg and not good enough! Go find mushroom! I'll find your mushroom in tonight soup..."

Her way of speaking is a bit broken for the common tongue, but impressive none the less. She seems to be some kind of forager, returning to the forest with an old helmet held under her arm which, upon closer inspection, appears to be filled with scraps of food. Perhaps you could negotiate with the goblins by taking one of theirs as a hostage? Or maybe exploit the obvious disorder that the new prisoner has apparently caused within their ranks.
User avatar
Ze Blitzkrieg
 
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:42 am

Re: In Exile [Firehead]

Postby Firehead » Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:33 am

I had to stop myself from jumping when I noticed her behind me. Thankfully, her back was turned, and she was as unaware of my presence as I had been of hers only minutes ago. Hearing her lamentation, I realized this long leg was probably my target. It seemed the goblins had indeed captured her, but were using her for something this female would normally do. I blushed hoping I was wrong about what exact use they had found for their prisoner.

My first instinct was to use this goblin as a hostage to negotiate, but if they had really tossed her aside like she indicated, I wasn't entirely certain they would actually exchange their captive for this female. Thankfully, it seemed this girl didn't like the prisoner. I could work with that, but how to break the topic so near to their outpost? I considered tackling her and scaring her into compliance. She was just a goblin after all, but something about her troubles made me hesitate. They were normal like something a person would be concerned with.

Taking a risk, I found myself some cover, so she wouldn't immediately see me hoping to have her convinced before revealing myself. "Psst, it sounds like you want that girl gone, but you wouldn't want whoever you're mad at to know it was you. I want the girl out of there without having to get into a huge fight I can't win. Help me out, and I'll take all the blame for your tribe losing the long leg, so you can get back to what you really want to be doing. Maybe you can even make that 'idiot' beg for you to forgive him from tossing you aside." This was certainly a less than noble tactic, but I didn't have the luxury of my title to back me anymore.
Firehead
 
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:19 pm

Re: In Exile [Firehead]

Postby Ze Blitzkrieg » Thu Aug 25, 2022 12:28 am

When you suddenly speak up, the goblin reacts predictably.

"AHHHHHHHH!"

A sudden, ear splitting shriek follows the sound of metal clanking against the rock you had shielded yourself with; further inspection would reveal she had spiked the makeshift container at you in her surprise, spilling day old bread chunks and onions all over the place.

"Talking rock! Bad! No trust! Bad rock!"

You get the general idea that goblins must not exactly be too bright. Or, at least, this particularly goblin isn't half so cunning as the rest of her species. This is made even more apparent by the sudden thumping sound. Peeking around would reveal she had, in fact, begun to thwack at the rock with the goblin sized cudgel she had hanging off the thin strip of hide that must have qualified as her belt.

"Bad rock! I learn you!" She yells between swings.
User avatar
Ze Blitzkrieg
 
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:42 am

Re: In Exile [Firehead]

Postby Firehead » Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:06 pm

I jumped as I heard the shriek and clank as she began rapidly assaulting my means of cover. I had been concerned seeing me would cause her to call for help, but it seemed her first instinct was more aggressive than it was defensive. Even the females were clearly very violent, but I hoped the shout hadn't alerted to guards. "No, no, it's not a talking rock." I stood up taking a defensive pose in case she attacked suddenly. "I just wanted to explain my offer before you tried to attack me."

They were supposed to be pretty clever, but this one wasn't too bright if she couldn't tell the difference between a talking rock, and a speaker hidden behind a rock. Were they all like this, or was she just not that bright? "You want the long leg out of your tribe, so she can stop taking your place, and I want to return her home. We could really help each other out. Help me get her out, and your tribe never has to know you helped her escape."
Firehead
 
Joined: Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:19 pm

Next

Return to Private Games



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot]