As it Once Was[Kuragari]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: As it Once Was[Kuragari]

Postby Firehead » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:08 pm

The two pairs of guards don't seem to be doing much talking, so you cannot gleam much. Thankfully, the flap opens revealing the large figure of Asgor stepping outside followed by a much smaller old man. The two of them share some cordial farewells before beginning to head back to their own sides of the town. You can practically see the weariness creep onto your grandfather's face once the two leaders and their entourages have separated a good distance.
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:16 pm

"Well, that doesn't look too promising." Kayin remarked as he saw the weariness on Asgore's face even from here. The sight of his Grandfather looking so tired and weary was a strange sight to him, given he always seemed filled with a confident wisdom and strength that made you think "This is someone who can carry the weight of the world on their shoulder with no complaint".

Still, Kayin gave Asriel's hand a soft squeeze and moved to follow after Asgore. "I bet Frisk won't be too far from Grandad or Granma, so following Asgore should lead us to Frisk."
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Sun May 01, 2022 5:22 am

Asriel nods seeming equally perturbed by his father's demeanor. "Yes, I can't imagine Dad wouldn't be treating Frisk like an honored guest after how he helped us all out."

As you follow him into what can almost be described as a shanty town, you can see many monsters going about their business. Some of them even working with animals or tending small gardens, so they have access to food and water at least.

"Oh my, that's a new face." Behind you, a rather matronly bunny puts a hand on your shoulder. "Musta been pretty deep down in the underground if you only just found your way to the surface."
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Sun May 01, 2022 7:17 am

Perturbed both by the demeanor of the king, and the shanty town like state of the Monsters residence here in Ebott, Kayin shakes his head at the state of things, more questions then answers beginning to rise up in his head.

He bleats in surprise as a hand is placed on his shoulder, and he turns to the motherly bunny monster and blushes a bit as he rubs the back of his head sheepishly.

"Hehe, y-yeah, something like that." He said shyly, not sure how open he should be about him being from a different reality he should be. At least, not yet anyways. "T-Though actually, do you think you could help me out a bit? I'm looking for Frisk, you wouldn't happen to know where they are would you?"
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Mon May 02, 2022 12:47 am

The woman giggles as you bleat in surprise. "Oh my, I didn't mean to startle you. I just used to own an Inn in Snowdin, so I thought I'd offer a newcomer a place to stay and hospitality."

She gasps when you ask about Frisk. "Oh, you really are out of the loop, aren't you? Frisk went on ahead to town to let them know we were coming, so we wouldn't scare them with our unannounced arrival. Unfortunately, the villagers weren't to excited to hear a bunch of monsters were coming up from beneath a cursed mountain. They've kept Frisk with them for 'safe keeping' as they called it. I'm afraid it hasn't been taken well by most of us to have our savior protected from us."

Asriel remains quiet not wanting to distract you with an invisible voice while you're talking to someone, but he's unable to hold back a gasp of shock at what had happened.
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Mon May 02, 2022 1:46 am

"That'd be appreciated." Kayin said, knowing he didn't exactly have anywhere in particular to go. However, hearing that made his eyes widen, and for a brief moment, his eyes flashed red in anger. His SOUL quaking a bit at the idea of such. This Frisk may not be the same Frisk who helped bring you into this world Kayin. Relax. Breathe, calm. Composing himself quickly, Kayin said, "I imagine Frisk isn't too happy about that either... well then, there's two other's I'm looking for who could help me out a bit as well. Her Majesty, Toriel, and I believe... Dr. Alphys? If you know where either of them are, I'd be most thankful."

He shoots Asriel a worried glance, finding himself wondering more just how different things are here, and what may be in store for the days ahead if this is how the opening days of Monsters time on the surface is like.
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Mon May 02, 2022 11:40 pm

"My hut is that one over there." The one she points out is on the larger side though not the largest. The bunny woman is taken aback at the momentary change in your demeanor though she manages to relax once again when you've centered yourself. "Yes, I"ve heard that they've had their hands full though they're a gentle child from what I could tell, so I doubt they have needed to be particularly forceful in their confinement.

She nods when you ask for directions pointing out two other tents. "I'm not sure you'll be able to see Her Majesty as she's secluded herself after the distress of Frisk's confinement, but Alphyss should be available. I'd suggest you see her soon though, she should be heading back underground to collect more of her machines from her lab in the next few days." The tent containing Toriel looks to be rather modest in size, but you can see someone tall standing guard though they're hard to identify at this distance. The tent for Alphys must be by far the biggest one in the entire shantytown.
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Tue May 03, 2022 5:26 am

"Thank you. I'll likely swing back by after I'm done speaking with one, or both of them if I get the chance." Kayin said with an appreciative smile, turning and frowning in thought for a moment as he considered both tents. After a moment's thought, he decided to set out for Toriel's first, figuring it couldn't hurt to ask at least, and hers seemed to be a bit closer. If his grandmother was determined to be isolated, it'd likely only take five or ten seconds to find out, and he doubted that'd keep him from finding Alphys.

"Things are very different here. But then again, that was sort of clear when you said there was only Frisk. Back home in my time, my reality... it was Frisk and the rest of the human children who'd fallen down." He said quitely to Asriel as he gave his hand another squeeze, looking to the young Prince as a worried expression dominated his face.
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Wed May 04, 2022 12:06 am

"Very good, be sure to come back, and I'll make sure to show you a good time." With a wave, she turns to walk away. Her matronly hips swayed as if to alert you that motherhood had not slowed her down. Asriel shudders when you bring up the other children. "Yes, there were children that cam before Frisk. Father though was devastated after Chara and I died, and he had the human children that came after killed, so their SOULs could be used to break the barrier. When they left the Underground, Mother was still cross with him."

Approaching the tent, you finally get a good view of the guard standing outside your grandmother's tent. The tall figure of Papyrus stands before the tent. He's trying to look alert and regal, but it's clear how antsy and excitable he is as he guards the Queen's chambers.
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Wed May 04, 2022 12:52 am

There was a blush on Kayin's face after those last words and the sway of her curvy, motherly hips. He returns his attention to Asriel as the Prince speaks. He winced at that, wondering if perhaps such was known by the Humans here... though he found himself doubting that a bit. If they'd known that, chances were good the Monsters would still be being forced to live in the mountain at best.

Seeing Papyrus standing guard was... strange. Given how back home, he was known for being a very friendly and enthusiastic bartender with a penchant for pasta dishes. Kayin didn't know him too well, mostly knowing him thanks to the fact his boyfriend and fellow goat monster Koris Valence back home worked as a Waiter at Grillbys and happened to be good friends with the excitable skeleton.

Still, he offered a friendly smile as he said, "Hello there Mr. Papyrus~ Doing a fine job as a guard it looks like." He gave the skeleton a salute, then asked, "By any chance, is there way I might be able to speak with the Queen for a moment? Its important, but I can understand if she'd prefer to be left alone right now."
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Thu May 05, 2022 12:44 am

Papyrus laughs as you introduce yourself and ask for entrance. "Nyeh heh heh, I see my reputation proceeds me, stranger, but I'm afraid the Queen has placed herself in seclusion, and has not had any guests in the past few weeks." Before you can begin to leave however, there's a soft shifting of the fabric opening a small hole in the flap through which only and eye and a little bit of white fur can be seen.

"Wait Papyrus, let this one come a little closer I wish to get a good look at him." Papyrus takes a step back allowing you to present yourself to your grandmother though she still only allows the small opening between you. "Please enter, I would like to have a word with you."

Papyrus looks a bit bewildered but laughs it off as the opening closes allowing you to enter. The inside is rather simple with only a bed, a couch, and a small desk with a chair. It all looks comfortable as befitting her status though nothing luxurious. She takes a seat on the couch gesturing to the bed. "I'm afraid I don't have much furniture in here as I didn't think I would be taking any guests, but the corner of the bed should be comfortable enough for sitting." Once you've gotten comfortable, she turns a rather piercing glare at you. "I would like to know where you've come from, stranger. As I'm unaccustomed to seeing other Boss Monsters. Especially those bearing such uncanny resemblance."
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Thu May 05, 2022 1:39 am

Kayin almost squeaked in disbelief at the knowledge Toriel had been secluding herself for weeks, but manages to keep his composure. When Toriel asks to get a good look at him, Kayin places himself in front of the tent flap so she had an unobstructed view, giving a small wave and a friendly smile, even as his eyes held a bit of worry and concern in equal amounts.

"Of course." Kayin replied, eyes briefly flitting to Asriel, before stepping forward and into the tent. He didn't bat an eye at how the inside seemed a bit bigger than the outside, and had no trouble sitting upon the corner of the bed as he rubbed the back of his head sheepishly.

"Well, when I first woke up in Alphys's lab a little bit ago, and figured out where I was, I would have said the question to ask would be when I was from, but uh, things are different enough here that where is important too." Pulling his phone out, he found a large family photo that included his Grandmother and Grandfather, standing behind and towering over the rest of them. He floated his phone over as he said,

"First though, I should introduce myself. I'm Kayin S. T. Dreemurr. And uh, I'm from a different future."

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

https://www.furaffinity.net/view/41127090/
Asriel, Boss Monster Chara, and Azmerelda. I don't have a ref for Frisk yet in my Alt Universe
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Sun May 08, 2022 2:00 am

She looks at you in confusion when you mention when being a possible question. "I don't understand?" Her puzzled look grows even more when you pass your phone to her and introduce yourself. She nearly drops it in shock when she sees the image though. "Asriel," Her eyes tear up as she clearly recognizes her son even if this picture was taken when he was much older than he would be now. Her glance turns more to curiosity when she looks at the other figures pointing to Queen Chara, "And who is this one?"

Hearing who it was, she was even more surprised. "They both survived in your past then? You must find our version of events to be upsetting." She hands you back your phone. "I guess that just leaves the question of how you got here. I'm no expert, but traveling to the past sounds impossible enough, but to also travel to a past different from your own."
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Mon May 09, 2022 1:34 am

Kayin offered her a sympathetic look, wanting to hug her and give her some nuzzles as she teared up, but for the moment remained where he was, glancing to Asriel and having a part of him wanting to say something. But given she hadn't reacted to his presence, it meant she couldn't see him. Why then can I see him? he found himself wondering again.

"I don't know how it happened. All I remember was visiting a friend working on something for the Royal Scientists, the machine went haywire... then I woke up in Alphys's lab here." He glanced back to the tent flap and said, "As for things being upsetting... a little bit. This definitely isn't how things went in my time."

Still, "I'm hoping that maybe Alphys or possibly Sans if he knows quite a bit about magic and technology can help, but I figure I'll be here for a while so that's one reason I wanted to go ahead and share this with you as well. Am also hoping they can help a... spectral friend I made in her labs. They're the one that helped lead me out of the Underground which I'm not all that familiar with, but they've got their own problem in that they can't be seen by others or interact with anything else, at least so far as we can tell."

"Since I am likely to be here a while... is there anything you or any of the other Monsters need help with? I'm more than happy to help where I can."
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Tue May 10, 2022 1:22 am

She listens intently to your explanation. "Yes, I could only imagine finding myself in a version of my own world where my progenitors had passed as children." You see one of her hands tense as a bad memory crosses her mind for a moment. She nods as you mention Alphys. "Yes, if anyone here could help you it would be Alphys. I wasn't really aware Sans had any such particular knowledge, so I'm not sure how helpful he would be unless you needed a joke."

Looking down at Asriel, you can see how hard it is for him to be so close to his mother without her even being aware. Reaching to her, his hand passes right through her, and you notice no reaction from her. "Still nothing." He slumps onto the bed beside you, but he almost seems to hover over it as the mattress doesn't even depress beneath him.

"I'm afraid my seclusion has left me a little out of the loop about what is needed. As head of the Royal Guard, I'm sure Undyne would probably be the one to talk to. She is very close with Alphys, so you might want to check with her. As for anything I need, I've just been mourning Frisk being taken from us. The King is doing his best to give him back, but the humans are less than trusting of us right now."
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Tue May 10, 2022 3:01 am

A concerned and exceptionally sympathetic look crosses Kayin's face as his eyes drift to the spectral form of Asriel, and he can't resist giving the Prince a soft hug as he murmurs aloud, "We'll find a way for you to be able to be seen and heard by others. I promise."

He returns his focus to Toriel, nodding his head as he said, "I'll seek out Undyne and Alphys then first. After that, I'll see if I can speak with the King, share my situation with him and see if there is anything else I can help with."

Standing up, Kayin walks over and gives Toriel a hug as he says, "Don't know how long I'll be here in this world, but I'll do whatever I can to help out you, Asgore, Frisk, and all the other Monsters." He was very tempted to call her granma, but wasn't sure at the moment how she'd take that.

Giving a light bow, if she had nothing else she wished to say or ask, Kayin would step outside, and assuming Papyrus was still there, ask, "Have ya seen Undyne or Alphys? I need to speak with them next."
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Wed May 11, 2022 1:37 am

Asriel shivers then smiles as you comfort him and nods as you assure him you'll find a way to solve his trouble. Toriel gives you a curious look at your actions but doesn't make a comment. "Yes, they will probably be better able to help you. I only wish I could have been more help."

Heading out, you find Papyrus still standing guard proudly. However, he isn't alone when you exit. Standing in front of him is the shorter of the skeleton brothers, Sans. "Nyeh heh heh, I'm not just standing around here. Guarding the Queen is a very important job."

The two of them both turn when you ask about Undyne and Alphys. Sans being the first one to respond. "Oh hey, I think they'd be at Alphys's lab. You can follow me as it's on the way to Grillby's anyway." Papyrus seems rather annoyed by whatever conversation you'd walked into. "Yes stranger, please take my brother away, so I can get back to work."
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Wed May 11, 2022 2:43 am

Kayin quirks an eyebrow as he sees Sans outside almost seeming to be waiting for them. Still, he offers the shorter skeleton a smile and a nod as he says, "That sounds plenty agreeable to me. Lead the way Sans." He gives Papyrus a short pat on the shoulder as he says, "And you keep up the good work you're doing."

With that, he follows after the pun loving skeleton, doing his best to try and remember what he knew about the one back in his world. Loved puns, was only sometimes seen as a bit of a lazy/in no hurry sort, but very good in his fields of research, taking after his father Dr. Gaster. There were rumors he sometimes seemed to know more than he should, though he'd never quite understood what that meant.

"Appreciate the help. I only just got out here, so I don't know the layout of things." Kayin says as he rubs his head sheepishly.
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Thu May 12, 2022 12:03 am

With your encouragement, Papyrus rises a little more putting his hand up in a salute. "Of course, none shall unduly disrupt the Queen while I'm here." Sans only smirks. "Well bro don't wear yourself down to the bone." He chuckles, and Papyrus clearly struggles a little to giggle before growing indignant. "Sans! This is not the time for jokes!"

Sans shrugs, "Well, let's go, stranger. I'm hoping to get some grub, and you probably got a lot to do yourself." He shrugs as you thank him for leading you, "Sure things, as I said, I'm heading in that direction anyway, so it's no skin off my bones. I even know a shortcut." Finally, Sans begins walking though you are momentarily confused. You could have sworn that Alphys's tent was the other way, but before you can even call out to him in confusion, you realize the tent is right in front of him.
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Thu May 12, 2022 2:15 am

Going through Sans's 'shortcut' was a bit disorienting, though thankfully he noticed that Asriel had been brought along as well. Shaking his head as he worked to reorient himself, he muttered softly, "Still wonder how Skeletons pull that off exactly..."

Regardless, finding his destination in front of him, Kayin gave Sans an appreciative nod. "Thanks for that. Saving any time I can is always helpful." He then turned to the tent in question, which was a bit larger than he'd expected.

"Here's hoping Alphys can help... on numerous fronts." Kayin said, before moving to walk on through.
Kuragari

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games