As it Once Was[Kuragari]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: As it Once Was[Kuragari]

Postby Firehead » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:38 pm

Asriel doesn't seem nearly as bothered by the warmth of Hotland though that's probably due to his unusual situation. He does seem to notice your own discomfort. "Sorry, but Hotland's probably gotten hotter since the barrier openned. They used to send Ice blocks from Snowdin to level off the temperature, but the wolf responsible for that went above ground with everyone else. Once on the elevator, he considers your offer of more information about your time. "I've been trying to avoid thinking about it, but I really am curious. Who was she? Your mother, I mean."
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:34 am

Hopefully as we head up the heat will get less oppressive Kayin thought as he leaned back against the wall of the elevator. "Well, I've got three parents from the when I come from. Frisk, you, and Chara. The three of you performed a ritual to share bits of your SOULs to give birth to me. Though for my older sister Azmerelda you and Chara had her a bit more traditionally."

Pulling out his phone, Kayin swiped through his gallery of photos before showing Asriel a family photo. It featured an Asriel that was just a foot shorter than Asgore wearing royal attire, Chara as a goat monster wearing robes similar to Toriel, a rather angrodynous looking Frisk wearing their favored long sleeved shirt and a mid length skirt, himself, and finally, a female goat monster about a head shorter than Kayin who had shoulder length brown hair with a blue highlight on one side.

"King Asriel, Queen Chara, Royal Consort Frisk, Princess Azmerelda, and well, me." He said, humming and offering the phone to Asriel to look it over. If Asriel could touch him, perhaps he could interact with his phone as well. Worst came to worse, he could always catch it in his magic if it fell.
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Mon Apr 18, 2022 11:54 pm

He looks a little shocked when you mention Chara. "B-but she's..." He looks shocked when you drop your phone only for it to land in his hand. "How, I haven't been able to touch objects like this since I became like this. It kind of feels like you though." He begins swiping through the available pictures. "Chara got a new body, but she became a Boss Monster. How did that happen" He especially blushes when you mention the more conventional conception of your sister.

He gets surprised when your phone sinks into his hand a little. "Whoa, uh, you better take this back. I'm starting to feel less of you in it if that makes any sense." He holds the phone up offering it up to you nervous of the chance it might slip out of his grip.

Finally, the door opens allowing the oppressive heat of Hotland back into the elevator. "Alright, the Hotel is very close. Are you feeling alright to continue? Some of the rooms might still be useable if you needed to take a break to rest or anything."
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Tue Apr 19, 2022 12:59 am

It was cute watching this Asriel blush at the idea of him and Chara doing it, and he did find himself wondering a bit at why Asriel was able to hold his phone. He idly wondered if it would look like his phone was just floating there or not, or if perhaps since no one, even other ghosts, hadn't been able to see him, if it'd just look like Kayin was still holding it.

"Well, that's interesting." Kayin remarks as Asriel mentions such, retrieving the phone as he said, "As it's been told to me, after a disagreement between you and Chara on how to free the Monsters from the Underground, Chara decided she couldn't stand being Human anymore, and begged the King and Queen to find a way to make her like them. Dr. Gaster was able to make a machine that could turn a human into a Monster, which since her desire was to be like the three of you, rendered her a Boss Monster."

Kayin grunted as he felt the wave of oppressive heat. (12) Closing his eyes and raising his hands, he concentrated for a moment before a surge of magic formed a bit of a glowing ice blue sphere around him, pushing some of the heat back as he let out a sigh. "That was... a bit harder to cast than I expected. Probably won't last long... let's hurry. We'll see how I'm doing when we get to the Hotel."
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:03 am

Asriel shakes his head for a moment. "It sounds like so much of what turned out different has to do with Dr. Gastor not disappearing under mysterious circumstances. Might be best if Alphys didn't learn about your time. She has enough guilt about some experiments that didn't turn out well that I doubt she needs to learn what else Dr. Gastor could have helped avoid." He seems to get a bit antsy as he waits before finally breaking the silence. "I hate to be a bother, but could we hold hands for a bit? I kind of haven't had basic contact with anyone else for the better part of a month.

Your shield goes up, but you're sure it won't last for very long. Even with the barrier up, you can feel some of the heat seeping through, and you're almost certain it's hotter than back by the lab. Asriel seems to notice your concern. "Unfortunately, the core is right behind the hotel. If we're lucky, the elevator that goes straight to new home will be functional. Otherwise, I might have to take you through the core itself." Thankfully, it's only about thirty to fifty yards to reach the Hotel which does indeed seem to be well insulated and/or has some source of cooling within it that's still functioning.
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:15 am

"Huh, well I guess here then he disappeared sooner then." Kayin said with a frown. "He's only disappeared in the last few years after an experiment of some sort he was working on went haywire." Still, he nodded at Asriel's words as he said, "I can at least avoid mentioning to much to some people, though not sure how easy it'll be to hide some of it. Even if I didn't share my last name with folks, I've had plenty back home say I resemble you quite a bit."

He nodded to Asriel's request, smiling as he first gave Asriel a big, tight, full body hug, then let his fingers interlock with Asriel's as they set forth. "Happy to oblige~"

The thought of having to go through the Core and still deal with quite a bit of the heat leaves Kayin making a note to shift his clothes to something better suited for the heat, and he does so once they reach the hotel and he is able to disspell his frost shield. With a wave of his hands, his hoodie shifts to a basic black tank top, still sporting the Chaos Magick symbol on the front as he glanced about. "Doesn't look any different from the old pics. The Mettaton statue is still broke even in this time I see."

Unless they were stopped by anyone, Kayin moved over to what he presumed was the lift up, tapping at the controls to see if they were still functioning.
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:04 am

"Yes, he disappeared many years ago here, and we're already in the past compared to your time. It was actually shortly after the core was finished." Taking your hand, you can see he's deeply comforted even though he tries to avoid making it too obvious.

Asriel chuckles as you mention the broken statue. "Actually, I think Mettaton intentionally designed it to be that way. Something about spraying water into the fountain being too cliche." Behind the fountain, there's a large door leading back to an lift. There're doors to either side, and you can already feel the heat from here.

The place seemed pretty empty, so you made your way over to the lift. Tapping the controls, they come to life though you hear Asriel sigh as the two of you wait for the lift to arrive. "There's not much point in delaying this, is there?" The lift arrives, and the two of you get on. Asriel got quiet as the pair of you wait for the door to open to your destination.
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:12 am

Kayin snorted in amusement, muttering something along the lines of "That sounds like Mettaton back home too." before climbing into the lift. As the doors closed and he heard Asriel's words, he moved to lean back against a wall, pulling Asriel in front of him and giving him another hug and a soft nuzzle to the top of his head as he asked, "I don't know all that's happened here, but ya seem to have quite a bit on your mind right now. Even with the lift, it'll still be a good half hour walk at minimum to Ebott. My ears are open."
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:32 am

He shivers as you ask what's bothering him. "Yeah, I guess you're going to hear about it sooner or later, but New Home and the entrance to the outside hold some memories for me that I'm not proud of. As I mentioned, I absorbed six human SOULs and all monster SOULs to become sort of a god. I'm really not fully sure what I wanted to do with those powers, but it would have been terrible. Even with what I'd done, and what I was going to do, Frisk was able to reach me and help me realize how terrible it was, but if they weren't there..." He trails off as if considering the consequences.
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:44 am

Listening, Kayin gave Asriel a soft squeeze and hug, nuzzling into the top of his head a bit. "But they were, and they were able to help you, just as Frisk in my time helped. Seems to be something Frisk does regardless of events before or after." Kayin said with a bit of a smile. "As for the past... what's done is done. Its best not to linger on what might have been... instead, focus on what could be with the future."

He gave a bit of a ruffle of Asriel's head as he added, "And right now, the future is the two of us trying to help each other out, however we can~"
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:10 am

He shivers as you encourage him, but he does seem to feel better. "Yes, it won't help to keep dwelling on it. I'll just have to move on." The elevator comes to a stop and dings. The door opens into a rather opulent-looking hallway that seems to go on and on. "This is the way to New Home where we settled after Chara first fell into the Underground. I think that was when Dad first got the hope that may someday return to the surface."
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:29 am

"I've seen pics of New Home, but never visited it." Kayin said with a nod as the two of them stepped out of the elevator, letting Asriel lead the way. He continued to hug him, getting the distinct feeling the younger and alternate version of his father needed some comforting at this time, and would enjoy the lingering physical contact.
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:17 am

Asriel shudders in your grip appearing to appreciate the contact and affection. You can't even begin to imagine what he had been through thus far. Soon the two of you entered the entryway. Immediately, you could see some stair leading down along with doors to the left and right. "The way to the outside world is just down there."
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:16 am

Every so often along the way, Kayin would lean down and give Asriel a nuzzle and a soft squeeze, or a ruffle to his head as they made their way through the recently abandoned city. He didn't spot anyone along the way, surprising him a bit since by the stories he'd been told it took a while before every Monster had moved out. Still, as they reached the last leg of the trek through New Home, Kayin spared a brief and curious glance at the other doors before nodding to Asriel.

"And once we're out there, I'll lead the way to Ebott. Not entirely sure what exactly I'll do when I get there, but well, I guess the first priority is finding Frisk isn't it? They'll probably know where everyone is and be able to help us both."
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:41 am

He giggles and returns the nuzzles as the two of you make your way down the opulent marble halls. Once the two of you head down the stairs it's only a few more halls to a room dominated at the center by a throne atop what appears to have been a hill covered in flowers though they are all dead by now. "Dad hasn't been here to tend the flowers in a while. The room where the barrier stood is just past the door in the back.

Sure enough, the next room is dark and cavernous, but an opening reveals the last of the evening sun. Stepping outside, you find that it must be evening as you see the sun setting in the distance. On your right, the familiar path down the mountain awaits.
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:28 am

Seeing the flowers in such a state sent a small pang through Kayin, given how much he knew his grandfather loved to tend to flowers. Still, the giggles he got from Asriel from the nuzzles put a smile back on his face as he nodded and they made their way out and past where the barrier once stood. Kayin hums as he sees that the sun is setting once they step outside onto the cliff overlooking the forest and the city further in the distance.

"Well, the path's in the same place, so that's reassuring." Kayin said, conjuring two orbs of light to float above them as he said, "Onwards to Ebott we go~" He then hummed as they started down, asking, "When we get closer, want to switch to just holding hands? Since from the sound of it, at least as far as we both know, I'm the only one who can see you." He wasn't sure how most folks would respond if a random Monster walked into town looking like he was just hugging air.
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:59 am

Asriel's caught off guard when you mention switching to just holding hands but nods in agreement. "Oh, sure." The walk down the mountain and to town is long but generally uneventful.

When you arrive in the town of Ebott, you are surprised to see the town divided into two sides. On the one side are less permanent structures. You can see Monsters going about their lives. On the other, you can see humans in what are clearly more well-developed permanent structures.

You do see one larger building on the border between the two sides where both monsters and humans seem to be standing around as if waiting for something and looking rather tense about it. Asriel releases your side taking your hand. Looking up to the darkening sky he speaks, "We should probably find someplace to stay tonight. I'm fine either way, but you've still got a body to worry about."
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:16 am

"Okay, some things it seems are going to be... more different." Kayin remarked once they reached town, now holding Asriel's hand as he blinked at the rather... stark divide between the two. "In my time, quite a few Monsters were able to take up residence amongst the humans without much problem. Here things seem a bit more... separate."

He nodded, giving Asriel's hand a squeeze as he said, "Let's go check out that gathering and building first, then we'll see if we can find Frisk, with Asgore and Toriel being next on the list" He then started making his way over, curious as to what had them all gathering there.
Kuragari

Postby Firehead » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:02 am

Asriel nods, "Sure, lead the way." As the two of you approach, you recognize the figures on the monster side. The pair of heavily armored Royal Guards. In addition to being older in your time, you remember them being in a relationship though you can only guess if that's happened yet or even will happen this time.

They, as well as the pair of humans, appear to be on guard, so you doubt they would let you approach much closer. You could either wait here until whatever's going on comes to an end though you realize that Asriel could check it out unnoticed if you were curious enough.
Firehead

Postby Kuragari » Sat Apr 30, 2022 1:50 am

Kayin slows as he approaches and sees a pair of guards, Monster and Human, near the gathering. He doesn't approach further, instead trying to see if he can hear anything from the others gathered about. He doesn't ask Asriel to move closer to try and find out more, unsure if he is truly the only one who can see the goat monster, and figuring Asriel would for the time being still prefer to remain close, given he could directly interact with Kayin.
Kuragari

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games