Skies of Evalon [kermitphrogg114]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Skies of Evalon [kermitphrogg114]

Postby Kuragari » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:02 am

"Yes. Names Natalie, been on seven voyages past and always managed to bring the ship back home. Generally in one piece." She said with a bit of a smirk as two of the others chuckled and nodded. Likely had been on some of those voyages. "We're ready to board if you are Cap'n."

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Will find a pic for Natalie when I get home, and possibly the other crew members as positions get sorted, unless you want to find a pic for her.
Kuragari

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:40 pm

I nod in reply.

"Well, I'm ready," I respond. "Gather the crew, we're setting off. Seirei, I'll guide you to your new quarters."

With that, I climb aboard the ship, taking a deep breath as I do. I feel my heart racing at the prospect of a great new adventure, and I feel a thrill shoot up my spine. I get up on the quarterdeck to give a speech.

"Men! We're about to go forth on a grand adventure!" I call out. "One that shows promise of wondrous new sights and discoveries! With the blessing of the Gods, may we all come back from our voyage, safe in body and mind and prosperous! To fame and fortune!"

Feel free to pick out the crew pics
kermitphrogg114

Postby Kuragari » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:59 pm

The rest of the crew follow on after you, though you again get the strange impression some are eyeing up your backside just as much as they'd admired your front. You catch Seirei swaying her hips just a bit out of the corner of your eye, suggesting she is either aware of such and teasing them, or is doing so for her own enjoyment.

Gathering on the quarterdeck with you, they give you their attention as you speak, a few nodding along with you. They all raise up a cheer however at the last bits of it, and shout out "To fame and fortune!" right along with you, before Natalie steps forward and asks,

"Hey Cap'n, before we get going, whose going to be your first mate?" This has everyone's attention shift from one another to you and Natalie, and you find yourself wondering who to pick. Looking amongst the crew, you really only saw five who looked like they'd fit the role...

THE CREW: 11 (12 counting you)
Last edited by Kuragari on Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuragari

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:52 pm

I'm surprised by this. I thought I picked my first mate already. I must have forgotten in my rush.

I know I should take more time to consider my options, but right now, there needs to be a first mate to command the ship. Much as I love Seirei, she doesn't have the proper credentials to command a ship. My choices, as I see them, are between the gunner, the navigator, and the quartermaster.

In the end, I pick Natalie as First Mate.

"I'm depending on you, First Mate Natalie," I say. I check to see if there's any other business I should attend to in the ship's management, but if there isn't, I help show Seirei her room.
kermitphrogg114

Postby Kuragari » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:12 pm

Natalie nods and smiles at this, with those she served with just nodding. The quartermaster looks displeased but shrugs and takes a swig from his drink as Natalie begins barking out orders to the rest, who quickly get to work prepping the ship to leave the docks on its maiden voyage. Seirei of course happily follows you, though as it becomes the two of you for a moment she leans in and asks, "Are my quarters shared with you, milady~? And would you like me to give you a lovely wake up call each new day that shines through the clouds~?"

Kuragari

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:27 pm

I blush strongly.

"Seirei!" I mutter under my breath, embarrassed. "Y-you always do that regardless!"

I sigh.

"Okay, fine, but be discrete about it. I don't want the whole crew to know about this, alright?"
kermitphrogg114

Postby Kuragari » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:36 pm

Seirei couldn't help but giggle, then hummed a bit as she said, "I could always wake up every member of the crew that way~ this ship does seem to have a room for everyone."

That was indeed the case. The Sparrowhawk did in fact have a deck devoted for the crew, and unlike larger ships which just had a section of bunks or hammocks, this one had quarters for a person a piece. Though all save the captain's were rather small and cramped.

"I'm sure the crew would enjoy that, given how eager they all looked~"
Kuragari

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:45 pm

My face turns red, and I can't help but feel a spike of jealousy.

"Why would you say that?!" I ask, trying to appear annoyed rather than jealous. "Who else do you service?

"And more than a few of them are girls, so they're going to be different," I add. Already, I feel silly at saying that. Of course she knew how to handle girl bits; she knew how to tease me, didn't she?
kermitphrogg114

Postby Kuragari » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:51 pm

As you reached the door that lead to your quarters, Seirei giggled and pressed herself up against your side, one hand sliding around to rub along your hips while the other rubs circles just above your groin.

"I helped a few of the other staff sometimes when they got all hot and bothered, but you were always the one I greeted that way first thing in the morning~" She purred, giggling a bit as she just smirked and nibbled at your ear. "And I know that, I'm sure they wouldn't mind my attention in the morning either~ but only if you were okay with it~"

She pulled back a bit, bowing her head just a bit. "Of course, I can also always provide relief to the crew whenever they might have need of it instead~ That is one reason I came along hehe~"
Kuragari

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:06 pm

I gasp as she starts rubbing my body in rather... delicate places, her generous breasts pressing against my arm.

"T-take it easy," I groan, gasping as she nibbles my ear gently. She stops, leaving me feeling slightly horny again.

I want to jealously forbid her, but I find part of me imagining her servicing the crew, and it doesn't help my growing stiffy.

"You're shameless," I sigh. "...I just don't want you to get hurt, alright?"
kermitphrogg114

Postby Kuragari » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:18 pm

"Less likely to get hurt if I help keep the randy crew in line~" She singsongs, moving to open the door for you to let you into your quarters. "Besides, maybe you can join in the fun sometimes~ Its a great way to make friends~"

Your cabin is spartan at the moment, but is big enough that you can decorate it a bit, especially as you gain things that you'll want to keep as mementos for your journey. One thing that you are quite happy came with the ship is a map of the known world, framed on a back wall. It includes the large and treacherous Maelstrom, which sometimes had to be updated as the wild and unpredictable wind currents, storms, and other strange phenemon would expand or contract out from its center and leave the long routes around it blocked or free of trouble.

Seirei closing the door and placing herself just inches behind you draws your attention away from the map. "Need me for anything Captain~? or is it alright if I go introduce myself to the crew?"
Kuragari

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:35 pm

Turning away from the teasing Seirei, I study my room and the map posted on the wall. It's rather plain compared to my room, but then again, the Sparrowhawk is a light ship, not meant to be carrying a lot. The lodgings are good enough for me, having the basic amenities necessary and still have a bit of space.

Seirei brings my attention back to her.

"Eh?" I ask, caught off guard. "Er, no, no, I'm fine, thanks. Thank you, Seirei, you're free to go."
kermitphrogg114

Postby Kuragari » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:43 pm

She nods and smiles, turning to leave the room. She squeaks as she opens the door, and you turn to see that Natalie is at the door. "Ships ready to depart Cap'n~ You wanna join me on the bridge as we get going, or wanna finish settling in here?" She nods to Seirei who gives her a small curtsey... then squeaks herself as Seirei gives her a very sultry hug before heading off to the main deck.

"She always that friendly?"
Kuragari

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:36 pm

"You'd be surprised," I sigh in resignation. "I'm done here, First Mate, so I'll be coming along with you."

I follow her to the deck. I want to ask about the quartermaster, but then I stop. I made a decision, I must stick to it. Furthermore, I shouldn't encourage crew squabbling and petty intrigue.

"So what's our first destination again, First Mate Natalie?" I ask.
kermitphrogg114

Postby Kuragari » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:49 am

She nods, pulling a local map of the area out as she hummed at your query. "I figured you'd be asking about that. That partially depends on you. If I recall, this voyage of ours has us heading into the Maelstrom doesn't it?" She looked to you as she continued, "There's only three entry points right now, but I'd only really recommend two of them specifically unless ya want to go someplace with a bit of a shady reputation."

Kuragari

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:05 pm

"So what are these places?" I ask, half-jokingly. "And if you look up any route, you'll find a lot of places with shady reputations."

I check the map, trying to discern the three "entry points" to the Maelstrom. I find it a little weird we're starting our journey by going smack-dab into a literal storm so quickly. Then again, it has the unfortunate property of being right in the middle of some very important routes; flying wasn't always safe, and the Maelstrom was one reason. Then again, one doesn't fly for their health; they fly for profit, adventure and/or thrills.
kermitphrogg114

Postby Kuragari » Mon Sep 06, 2021 8:44 pm

"The kind where folks tend to get snatched up and turned into naughty play things for randy folks like me and some of the others here." Natalie replies as she points to each of the locations. Port Sebastian is a regular trade port, and is usually one of the safest routes into the Maelstrom. The disadvantage however is that because of this, the Merchant Council that runs the island and its surrounding skies and waters requested a fair bit of coin for ships to pass through it, going in or out. If you recalled, your parents had made use of it a few times and connections within the elites of the city to lessen the hit to their coffers.

Then there was Island of Lorcas, a port on the seas that had a smaller sky port connected to it by some mechanical means. It wasn't always a safe entry point into the Maelstrom as sometimes the storms would stretch around it and nearly cut it off from trade. But it had the advantage of being closer to the region your parents had disappeared within.

Then there was the 'shady' location. Perte Kanet. It was one of the few decently sized land masses on the outer edges of the Maelstrom. It was also known as a haven for pirates, slavers, smugglers, and all kinds of other scruffy and thuggish folks. It was also said to be a good place to hide and find things one couldn't find elsewhere. You vaguely recall that your parents supposedly had a friend there, though in which of the many pirate havens and smuggler villages you couldn't be sure...

Last edited by Kuragari on Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kuragari

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:37 pm

I think it over. Port Sebastian is the safest route, but requires either the coin or the connections, and both are pretty strong. Lorcas is quicker, but not quite as safe, and could be closed off. Perte Kanet was okay, but it had the usual perils of being a wretched hive of scum and villainy; keep one eye on your wallet, one on your own back, and another on your drink.

"How about we check Lorcas for the moment?" I ask. "See if the routes are clear this time of year?"
kermitphrogg114

Postby Kuragari » Wed Sep 08, 2021 7:31 am

Natalie nodded. "Not a bad idea, good middle ground between the places. And we should be able to have a good idea on how turbulent or impassable things might be a day out from the place." She looks the map over for a moment, then nods to herself as she says, "Should take us about 3 days at full speed, closer to four if ya don't want us pushing the engines too hard from the get go."

Regardless, she heads up to the bridge with you after her, noting that folks had quickly prepped the ship for departure and once Natalie was behind the controls, she started guiding the ship out of port as the engines roared to life.

Seirei chose that moment to pop in beside you, smiling as she said, "The crew seems friendly enough~ don't think we should have any issues unless the trip turns out to be rather boring~"

Kuragari

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:32 pm

"Don't jinx the voyage, Seirei," I sigh, all too aware of how easily a ship can run into trouble. "Though it's good to hear the crew's alright. Any particular impressions you have?"

I look up at the mast, then notice something about the lookout, a monkey girl by the name of Zeeva.

"Is... is the lookout naked?!" I ask in surprise.
kermitphrogg114

PreviousNext

Return to Private Games