Skies of Evalon [kermitphrogg114]

Forum for publicly viewable but closed-group role-playing.

Re: Skies of Evalon [kermitphrogg114]

Postby Kuragari » Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:28 pm

Heading back to your quarters, you spend a fair bit of the day going over both your parents journal and other books you have on the Maelstrom. As it turns out, its not that everything is so predatory, so much as that the stuff that is predatory in this manner seems to be rather aggressive and very eager. This includes both tribal settlements and minor civilizations living within the malestrom, and curiously enough those who spend prolonged time in it. Its not universal, but is prevalent enough that its not seen as surprising my most explorers.

"Land spotted!" comes from the voice tube, interrupting your study and letting you see you've gone through nearly half the day. Your stomach rumbles in annoyance, reminding you you haven't had much to eat either.
Kuragari

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:15 pm

I spend time poring over the journals and whatever I can read about the Maelstrom. The revelations are... rather interesting, if a bit concerning. Is there something about the place that drives sexual desire to greater intensity? I wonder...

The announcement, and my own grumbling stomach, bring my attention back to more pressing matters. First, I had to grab a quick bite to eat, then hurry to the bridge and see what's going on, and whether we've arrived at our current destination.
kermitphrogg114

Postby Kuragari » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:11 am

Grabbing something right quick from the galley where Seirei turned out to be hard at work, when you reached the bridge you found that it wasn't your actual destination that you were nearing. However, what had drawn the shout from the crows nest and then the bridge was the fact that according to maps, there was no island in this area. Not for another half days travel at least.

Glancing out with your looking glass, you see that the island looks somewhat tropical, and there seems to be a small village at least on one side. To a corner of the island on a cliffside however is a dark and ominous looking tower.

"Should we land and check the island out captain?" Your first officer asked as she glanced to you.
Kuragari

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:04 pm

"This island seems rather suspect," I mutter. "It's not on any maps, not any mention of it on our route...

"Still, I can't help but feel this isn't an opportunity to be passed up," I comment. "We should probably investigate, but the crew should remain on alert, just in case.

"Also, who should be on the landing team?"
kermitphrogg114

Postby Kuragari » Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:09 am

Natalie nods and begins bringing the ship closer to the island. "Wanna land by the village or that tower, or just anywhere clear?" As you ask that, Natalie hums. "Well, there's only what, ten of us all together? So at most should only take half of the crew. As for who... Klaire could be useful, and you could take Rale and the twins."
Kuragari

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:10 pm

"Let's start with the village," I respond. "Though preferably a bit away, just in case.

"So myself, Klaire, Rale, and the twins, that's five..." I sat as I ponder. "Yeah, that's good. Five out there, seven on board, just in case there are any surprises. In the meantime, the crew here should keep guard until we get back."
kermitphrogg114

Postby Kuragari » Wed Jan 26, 2022 6:14 am

Natalie nodded and brought the ship to a landing spot closer to the village. She reasoned that since they didn't know about the island, no reason to assume the natives would be entirely friendly. Before long though the ship's landing struts slid on out and a soft thud signalled you were on solid ground once more. Klaire, Rale, and the twins had arrived, all lightly armed but ready to set out with you.
Kuragari

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:44 pm

I take stock of my equipment; a revolver and my rapier, as well as make sure we have enough rations and even some medication ready. Once ready, I lead my group through the clearing, making sure to approach slowly and observe the village, asking the others to keep their wits about them in case of anything.

I make sure to keep our movement steady but not too cautious.
kermitphrogg114

Postby Kuragari » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:44 am

Drawing closer to the village with your landing party, you use your spyglass to get a better look, and find that the village seems to be one made up of people all possessing feline like ears atop their heads and feline tails coming from their tailbone. You also of course notice that quite a few are in various states of undress, though they don't seem to mind. It does excite you a bit, but you find yourself not as bothered by it due to the casual air they go about their business, and the casually lewd and carnal nature of your own crew thus far seemed to help keep such feelings in check.
Kuragari

Postby kermitphrogg114 » Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:59 pm

"Seems to be a village of catfolk," I say to the others. "They don't seem to be hostile, so I suppose we can approach safely, ask around."

I scan around with the spyglass to see if there's any excessive guards or any other details worth noting. Village guards are a feature of any township; you need some to maintain order, after all, but excessive guards or defenses would indicate a more isolationist or xenophobic nature.

Assuming I don't see anything out of the ordinary, I lead the group along the main road to the village. We need to make a good impression, after all, and it's best to do so through the main entrance. Once we're in range of the guards I raise my hand in a peaceful gesture.

"Greetings!" I call out. "We're peaceful travelers and we happened to come across your fair village. Care to let us through?"
kermitphrogg114

Previous

Return to Private Games