Horny Mage Academy: Dark Tower!

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Horny Mage Academy: Dark Tower!

Postby Bunnyav » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:21 pm

The static cling spell assignment asks for 3 trainings. It's "quest tracker" failed to update beyond one, but I passed the assignement anyway after doing the minimum required training.

On a design note; lots of classes have been added, but very few require dungeon excursions. I think it might be worth revamping some classes or at least design future classes so they have "practical assignments" like "Cast X spell Y times, or defeat Y monster with X spell.

I unlocked my first curse eventually, but later uses of the black choir didn't give me a choice to update nor is there a "dark benevolence" meter on my status screen.
Bunnyav

Postby hgameartman » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:16 pm

Bunnyav Wrote:The static cling spell assignment asks for 3 trainings. It's "quest tracker" failed to update beyond one, but I passed the assignement anyway after doing the minimum required training.

On a design note; lots of classes have been added, but very few require dungeon excursions. I think it might be worth revamping some classes or at least design future classes so they have "practical assignments" like "Cast X spell Y times, or defeat Y monster with X spell.

I unlocked my first curse eventually, but later uses of the black choir didn't give me a choice to update nor is there a "dark benevolence" meter on my status screen.

Thanks for letting me know! I'll look into the assignment issue and the choir stuff, the dark choir should be giving you the same type of options as the original. UI needs updating too.

I would love to have more missions require dungeon trips, but it's got two main issues right now. The first is, of course, the issue of dungeon content being somewhat underdeveloped.
As much as I like having a massive Persona-3 style labyrinth, I quickly realized that it would be a huge pain for everything to be tied to it. I'm planning on re-doing potion making to make it closer to artifact crafting soonish (still keeping/expanding the free crafting mode!) and will likely expand dungeon content to match along with it.

The second issue is that I have shockingly little in the way of actually being able to detect when spells are used. The way I currently do it is.... I fake it. It basically auto-completes with the assumption that no one's going to give up on the chance to actually go and throw fireballs at stuff. I thankfully might have a pretty quick and easy fix for this, mostly involving a custom script I had to make to properly tie in skills for hotkeys. I'll do my best to work on it though!
hgameartman

Postby hgameartman » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:22 am

http://hmadarktower.com/index.php/downloads/

V0.11.1 Bugfixes
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

V0.11.1 Bugfixes
Changes-
-Lengthened the first set of floors of the main dungeon by 1 floor
-Enabled Saving in the Nekomata Village
-Made the stairs/crystal in the main dungeon able to be passed over, requires interaction to procede now

Bugfixes-
-Fixed states(specifically move speed) not properly being reset on respawn.
-Fixed saving bug that placed your character into a wall or furniture
-Fixed Kitchen PTJ pantry minigame freezes on start
-Fixed route to boss in Nekomata Village being blocked off at times
-Fixed transport to upper floors breaking once you reach end of content

Known Issues-
-Possible issues with battle system failing to enable in waterway dungeon?
-Nekomatas jump through walls for funtime, not intentional at all
-Comm bank won't let you deposit last coin
-Paper writing and research page counts wonkey still
-Allowing nekomatas to play with you past 0hp can break stuff... might be fixed now actually
-Neko Babies names turn to default when they start walking around
-Neko caretaker arousal scene doesn't reset arousal properly
-Field Skills seem to be broken for now
-Can escape dungeons using COMM to spend time together with people
-Fire 4 quest asking for wrong skill in questlog(possibly in class too!)
-
-Many more still likely, but please report any you find! Especially anything concerning defeat scenes, such as stuck blackscreens, failed transports, etc etc
hgameartman

Postby hgameartman » Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:20 am

V0.12.0

V0.12.0
Updates-
--Eliana Storyline Updates!
-Scenes 4, 5, and 6 for Eliana have been added!
-Now only requires 1 visit to book club to unlock her storyline(but multiple visits still increase her likeability and unlock the first few scenes if you read the books fully!)
-Can now spend time with Eliana during the morning and daytime freely after the first scene!

--3 new Skills- Essence Stocking(potions), Stunning Strike(martial arts), Focused Punch(martial Arts)
--3 new Classes- Essence Stocking, Stunning Strike, Focused Punch

--Overhauled gathering!
-Your character now has a "Gathering Level", displayed on the knowledge stats screen (page2)
-This level determines the quantity of materials you can get from gathering spots, each of which has its own level, the higher your own level compared, the more you loot!
-Each harvested item, from ores to herbs, has their own item level, which determines the experience you get from harvesting. The rarer or harder it is to harvest, the better the EXP. But you won't gain any exp from stuff that's above your current level though!
-All items are harvestable at all levels though, just only one at a time
-Currently only levels from gathering in the wild, Gardening club revamp coming soonish though!

--Revamped PotionMaking!
-Mostly behind-the-scenes changes to how it's handled, but most recipes have been rebalanced with a splash of new ingredients!
-Recipe mode is temporarily disabled while I fix it too

--New artwork for birth and fallen scenes!
-Only the imp birth scenes have been re-done using the new artwork, and even then only partially. Slime animations, nekomata scenes, and other scenes will be implemented as time allows

--New Artwork for the Neutral Magic Teacher!

--Added a cute puppy outside of the craftin area in the village!
-You can choose to "tease" or "pet" it, changing your corruption or purity once a day by a single point
-Yes, it's a cat sprite, but she was a chihaha-minpin mix. She was part cat anyway, and with fluffy ears.

Changes-

-Expanded Andrew's Availability! He can now be found on f3 at mornings, as well as called on the comm later on for repeatable events(currently blank, but will be filled in later!)
-Added (rectroactively as well) stat gains from nurses aid PTJ, increasing health over time

Bugfixes-
-Fixed being unable to save in the Neko Village if you skip to it from the
entrance
-Fixed being able to leave the dungeons at any time by using the COMM to spend time with a friend
-Fixed a capitilization issue with the potions teacher's bust images causing issues on Linux
-Fixed having too many potions recipes breaking certain ones while trying to craft them
-Fixed (for sure this time!) doggystyle while pregnant flipping back to non-pregnant for a single frame

Known Bugs/Issues-
-Running out of mana for a continous spell can lock you into if if your mana regen is just enough to keep you below the amount to recast it to turn it off... but just enough to keep up with the cost so you never run out of mana
-One-Night-Stand check runs while getting drunk with another patron right before you're pulled away to fuck.
-Slight flickering with any animation on its first run. This seems to be it loading into memory. I might try to find a way to pre-load them into memory via loading screens later, if I can, but that might inturrupt gameplay too much
-During one-night-stands, Olivia still talks about potential pay increases even if you're not doing it for the money if you satisfy a male character to the baseline.
-Potential oversight- Other patrons can still get you drunk even if you're heavily pregnant.
The bartender won't serve to you, but I'm not sure if Olivia would be so careless as to accept drinks while heavily pregnant. Perhaps only with high corruption?

hgameartman

Postby Bunnyav » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:46 am

Looking forward to the new stuff
Bunnyav

Postby hgameartman » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:51 am

V0.12.1 Bugfixes!

V0.12.1

Bugfixes
- Fixed Potions recipes not being learned properly on new game
-Potions you recieved but did not learn properly should be added in the update that runs when you enter the dorms.
- Fixed Eliana in the library glitching and not letting you spend time with her until you've seen at least 2 scenes in book club, not just one.
- Fixed skipping nekomata battle putting you one level too low, causing a loop
- Fixed one-night-stand check running when another patron gets you drunk to play with you
- Fixed Research counts being off by 1 ish? and starting at 1? It's better now
- Fixed Paper-writing counts being the same, just generally off
- Fixed Unstable Powder not showing up in the crafting list(under Artifact Refinement - Misc Materials). Might need to re-take gate crystal to get recipe if it's not in your encyclopedia list under refinement recipes.

Changes
- Added a slight delay between being released by the nekomata women and
combat re-enabling

Known Bugs/Issues
- Elemental Training room assignments count cumulatively ie, You train 5 times, then next class asks for (3 times training) congrats, you're already done!
-I might take a look at using a single variable array to track... perhaps not just this, but "general assignment tracking" and use it with, for example.... "times used spell." or "times defeated enemy x" if I can get it to work. Regardless, it needs a bit more work to properly correct it at this time.

hgameartman

Previous

Return to Non-Flash Projects