[HTML5][SRPG] Hellscape (V 0.01)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

[HTML5][SRPG] Hellscape (V 0.01)

Postby Bakezori » Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:33 am

Hellscape is an erotic strategy RPG which features a blend of RPG and Visual Novel mechanics to deliver a challenging, story-driven experience.

Set in an immersive medieval fantasy world, Hellscape tells the story of Izobel, a demi-human succubus travelling through the kingdom of Erafell on a never-ending search for a place to spend the night. After a chance encounter with Sister Karin, a Novice Healer from the Aelic Church, Izobel finds herself caught up in a search for the Iltena Stones, ancient monoliths scattered throughout the continent and rumored to possess powerful arcane magic. Though the girls' interest in the Stones is purely academic, there are many in the kingdom with more malevolent intent, and when Erafell comes under threat by a powerful Demonic Army, Izobel and Karin are enlisted to help uncover the source of the ancient Stones' magic and wield it as a weapon of war.

Download the game here: https://www.patreon.com/posts/version-0-01-is-31705309

Or play the browser version here: https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/742098

Screenshots (NSFW)
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

The game is still pretty early in development, so if you encounter any bugs please leave a comment and let me know.

Below is a list of known issues:

After waking up at the Inn, if you attempt to leave the room then put on the Handmade Dress, a dialogue box reading "0" will appear at the end of the Handmade Dress scene. I expect the game is trying to trigger more dialogue, but doesn't have a proper code to trigger it, so it just returns a "0." I don't believe the error causes any additional issues, so don't worry too much if it happens. I'll look into a fix for Version 0.02.

The "Export" option on the Continue screen has been a bit buggy. One second it'll work fine, the next it won't do anything. I'll try to find a different method of exporting saves in Version 0.02.

If you use the spell "Burst I" and target a tile where there are no enemies within the spell's area of effect, the game will soft lock. The spell should work fine aside from this issue. I'll be implementing a fix in Version 0.02, but for now, if you happen to find the Tome of Burst I, make sure you only use the spell on a tile where it will actually hit an enemy.

For some reason, if Izobel is hit while performing a sex act, she won't receive critical damage. I'm not sure why this is happening (it was working fine a week ago) but I'll go back through the code and fix this for Version 0.02.

If you load a save inside the Sanctuary, the fire in the braziers will not be animated.

Thanks for reading! And if you enjoy the game, please consider supporting the project at https://www.patreon.com/bakezorigames
Bakezori
Newly Registered

Re: [HTML5][SRPG] Hellscape (V 0.01)

Postby gacorman70 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:09 am

Dude this looks wild! Definitively checking it out!
gacorman70
Newly Registered

Postby Bakezori » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:24 pm

Thanks! I hope you enjoy it.
Bakezori
Newly Registered

Postby Dongman » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:37 pm

I guess the new thread makes sense considering the massive gameplay change
I've done the tutorial stage so far, and I think it's really an improvement! Then again I much prefer this style of game, but that's besides the point. It was good before but this is great!
Dongman

Postby Bakezori » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:23 pm

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, as well. Plus it had been so long since the initial post.

I'm glad you like the game! Please let me know if you run into any issues while playing.
Bakezori
Newly Registered

Postby Dongman » Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:34 am

alright, I finished the demo and I really like it! I can only think of a few things I think would improve it, and I don't believe I encountered any bugs. I think it would be nice if the h animations could end with the guy cumming, though if that's not doable I understand, seeing as that's generally hard to animate, and I was a little disappointed with the lack of an h scene with the troll/ogre (I can't remember which it was called)
Overall, what's currently here is great!
Dongman

Postby Bakezori » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:39 am

I'm glad you liked it!

I plan to end the h-scenes with the guys cumming at some point, but at the moment I'm doing all the animations myself, and I'm really not that good at it. Once I've made a bit more money through Patreon I'll be hiring an artist to work on the animations, so all the cumshots/creampies will be included at that point.

There'll also be an h-scene with the ogre in the next version of the game; it's actually fully animated and in the game in this version, it's just not accessible yet.
Bakezori
Newly Registered

Return to Non-Flash Projects