[Unreal] Wastefield v1.0

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

[Unreal] Wastefield v1.0

Postby IBanishYou » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:58 pm

Download link is at the end. Some screenshots are just before that.

But, if you wanna read some. Here is what it is.

Wastefield is a post-apocalyptic zombie survival fps game. Kliche. Boring. But then I added sex on it.
You are a scavenger of your survivor camp. The best one, in fact. Having spent days outside, you have looted some stuff and in this episode you are bringing the loot back to your people. Matter of survival, they need your junk.
On your way back your ride breaks down. You have to find a way to make it work again.
Maybe in this episode we can find out why you are the best.

I always wanted to make my own game since I first came here 5 years ago. Creators here, inspired me so much. Therefore here is the first place I will share it.

Screenshots:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Windows 10
Mega: https://mega.nz/#!kS5FXaZT!1fp9XjwZYcwoVjQ4awaq8Kn1a03MpezRZLCFfkpuq4Q
Gdrive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12QTY_SXeEhdVfQdPyR1KK2rtH8SOD6wF/view?usp=sharing
Last edited by IBanishYou on Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IBanishYou
Newly Registered

Re: [Unreal] Wastefield v1.0

Postby LostAndCrazy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:23 am

Finished what's there and had a few issues with it. I didn't really like the way the camera and the character worked together, moving the screen was like swiveling the character's head around so you could only see where they could which works better in third person or vr. Also felt like they were two separate objects when I'd quickly turn and see part of the character's head on screen for a moment. I didn't like the invisible walls everywhere, makes it look open world but then it's extremely blocked off with no visual clue as to where it's blocked. Not being able to move quickly with the gun out also was a bit troublesome as was the flashlight being attached to it and providing very limited light. The final issue I had was the character's face in the sex scene, a bit of a jump scare moment. Seems like it's going to require more caution when playing since ammo isn't everywhere and enemies can take quite a few rounds before going down which is interesting. Wouldn't mind seeing more of this in time.
LostAndCrazy
Newly Registered

Re: [Unreal] Wastefield v1.0

Postby IBanishYou » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:05 pm

I can relate to the invisible walls issue. I myself an open-world fan.
Flashlight power was tricky tbh and I wasn't sure of the result. Now that I've seen your view on it, I know what to do.
I really liked your opinions. All will be addressed.
Thanks.
IBanishYou
Newly Registered

Return to Non-Flash Projects