[RPG MakerMV] High Pressure first demo

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

[RPG MakerMV] High Pressure first demo

Postby Peter_Snayde » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:53 am

Hi!

I'm Peter Snayde from SteamUp team, and I want to announce here our first project, that called "High Pressure"!
It's an adult RPG in steampunk setting in world of endless war, and alternative progress. You will play as Adelina Steinmeyer - heir to a small noble house that has fallen on hard times. She is working as a journalist for the “Small Times” an independent publishing house in the capital of the Endar Empire. Opportunity knocks at her door as the head of the office intends to retire, offering her a chance to inherit the newspapers by taking part in a contest. With the winds of rebellions and dissatisfaction brewing in the distant colonies of the empire. She must travel to the regions of conflict and write the best stories she can in hopes of earning her prize and restoring her house to its former glory.

Here's download link for demo of this project: https://mega.nz/#!EYRHUApB!ooaCjxwh4gudFTbYQNtzaUMVbD_4LTh1kIIByRK9Wsw

The Gameplay:
Look for various information to help you write a story. Talk with different characters, read the signs. Information can hide anywhere.
Even the smallest choice can lead you to an alternative development of events, or to other results. It will also influence the mood and character of Adelina.
Develop relationships with various characters, and open their storylines.
In order to shore up her finances after getting robbed Adelina will have to engage in various odd jobs, presented as simple mini-games. Each with their own potential to lead her into interesting situations. Some workplaces will demand certain attire from her. This will in turn help with changing what she is willing to do in order to keep herself afloat while waiting for her next big break.
Look for blueprints and details to modify your gun.
Engage in a custom built battle system. Manage your turn by using your action points in the most effective way. Quick but weak multiple attacks per turn, regular attacks or the costly aimed attack for greater damage. Tide things to your advantage by engaging in special actions! Take cover, try to dodge incoming shots or try to expose a weakness. Use items when the situation gets dire and need a special edge.
During the course of story You will be able explore "dungeons", where management of team resources and decision will be really important.
Also in the course of the story, you will be able to take part in stealth missions.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Right now we just released demo, and want You to take a look at it, and share your thoughts about it. Please visit our Patreon page https://www.patreon.com/SteamUP, and share Your thoughts. Any support will be valuable.

Peter
Peter_Snayde
Newly Registered

Re: [RPG MakerMV] High Pressure first demo

Postby Darthjake » Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:02 pm

i'm not sure, but it seems that English may not be your first language? Some of the conversations seem to be a bit off, like the punks in the alley. Not game braking, but it just read oddly. After taking a shower I caught a couple of errors in the dress up menu. Changing the skirt throws a: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'setDimensions' of null.

Are you planning on adding mouse controls at all?

Not sure I like the quick time combat, either make it letters or all arrows, imo. I was able to successfully make an aiming attack after searching for weakness on the third shot.

That is all I have for now, I'm on the airship atm, will play more later.
Darthjake

Postby Peter_Snayde » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:41 am

Darthjake Wrote:i'm not sure, but it seems that English may not be your first language? Some of the conversations seem to be a bit off, like the punks in the alley. Not game braking, but it just read oddly. After taking a shower I caught a couple of errors in the dress up menu. Changing the skirt throws a: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'setDimensions' of null.

Are you planning on adding mouse controls at all?

Not sure I like the quick time combat, either make it letters or all arrows, imo. I was able to successfully make an aiming attack after searching for weakness on the third shot.

That is all I have for now, I'm on the airship atm, will play more later.

Hi there! Punks in alley - using dialects, same as some other characters. Most people in this world is can't even read or write their own names, so illiterate language is normal here(we making them to speak that way on a purpose).
Bugfixed version will be ready soon, it should contain mouse support.
Difficulty level selection will have influence on QTE timing.
Peter_Snayde
Newly Registered

Postby Peter_Snayde » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:40 pm

New status update was released!
Visit our Patreon page to read details!
https://www.patreon.com/posts/31561549
Peter_Snayde
Newly Registered

Postby Peter_Snayde » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:09 pm

Hi there! Please check our new progress report:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/32469612
Peter_Snayde
Newly Registered

Postby Peter_Snayde » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:45 pm

Hey everyone! We are back to work!
Check our new post!
https://www.patreon.com/posts/33025797
Peter_Snayde
Newly Registered

Postby MaxTheDark » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:27 pm

I'm trying to find a link to the latest version to download, but all the links you just posted seem to only lead to general information about the updates, not actual download links.
I believe text dump is not a valid form of storytelling in video games. Video games are for interaction, not reading, therefore the story should be woven into gameplay instead.
MaxTheDark

Postby MiscChaos » Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:25 pm

Please remember forum rules. Specifically this little section right here:
Zeus Kabob Wrote:Threads with low effort posts (copy pasted boilerplate, minimal text, or a lack of community interaction) may be warned or deleted, and putting effort into the community aspect of your game's thread can help keep it from falling over the line for advertising.

Thus far pretty much all your posts have been redirects back to your Patreon. Given the lack of community interaction, that is falling dangerously close to tripping into Advertisement. Please keep an eye out for that in the future.
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...
Moderator primarily hanging out in the RP section
Also, ran the Pokemon RP!

Need to contact the moderation team?
MiscChaos

Return to Non-Flash Projects