Roxie Rockets

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Roxie Rockets

Postby Onimiv » Thu May 23, 2019 10:33 pm

Hi all,

I've made a game where you direct Roxie Rockets, the hungry girl with rocket-styled hair, into things that she will eat.
You can find it here: https://onimiv.itch.io/roxie-rockets
The game has several "treats" falling down and the sexual ones can also be seen in the "gallery" at the menu.
(it should work on any platform with a browser).

There's now several new things, including a timer and lewd counter.
I consider it done and over with.

(it should work on any platform with a browser).

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Screenshot.png
Screenshot
Screenshot.png (61.28 KiB) Viewed 1596 times

[ Play Quicktime file ] Gameplay.mp4 [ 1.49 MiB | Viewed 1596 times ]

[Edit: details about the latest version and media]
Last edited by Onimiv on Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Onimiv

Re: Roxiee Rockets

Postby AN0N » Fri May 24, 2019 10:38 pm

uh.. so I take it you are new at creating games? It is very basic and the concept not that interesting yet. I'd like to hear what you are planning with it but for the current version:
1. The food spawns in a weird way. Instead of constantly spawning it spawns one huge badge when every previous food item is off the screen resulting often times in a line of food which can make it impossible to collect healthy food whitout also collecting unhealthy food at the same time.
2. There is no real challenge or reward yet making the game pretty much pointless.
It is about as interessting as your typical clicker game. I suggest.. putting a spin on it maybe? Or if you are indeed new to this only polish it a little further for the practice but move on to another more challenging project. Could be a managing game, a platformer, a turn based combat game, ... anything you like. But I don't see this going anywhere.
AN0N

Re: Roxiee Rockets

Postby Onimiv » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:49 pm

Sorry for the late reply.
Yes, I am very new at making lewd games/art.

Thanks for the criticism, this is a prototype of the basic concept (stuff falling and she eating it).
Players will need to avoid falling dicks or she'll have to blow them. This way I can learn about the engine and how to make those animations.
Onimiv

Re: Roxie Rockets

Postby Onimiv » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:17 pm

Version 0.4 is out. Dicks! 9 different dicks may fall down and Roxie will eat them, there's also a lewd score so that we see how many she ate.
Rainbow dicks are special and give her a large score boost!
Now I just have to make the Game Over scenes.
Onimiv

Postby Onimiv » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:49 pm

I forgot to say anything about the ending. It's been done for a long time but you have to eat enough dicks. It's actually implied in the description "The Gallery mode shows most of the adult content, except..."
"Hold me Gently, ​Kiss me Plenty!"
A.K.A. Titilonic

Find me Here
"I agree with that Onim person" ='D
Onimiv

Postby Onimiv » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:19 pm

Version 1.3 is out. Now with audio and tweaks!
The Gallery must be unlocked now, so eat every special treat that you find.
A.K.A. Titilonic

Find me Here
Onimiv

Postby MaxTheDark » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:33 pm

I have to admit, while gameplay might be rewarding if you collect all the right items, the slow movement of her head makes it very clunky and sticky (and not in the fun way). It feels sluggish and slow, very uncomfortable. I could try to play and see what happens, but that slowness is just putting me off. If I were to recommend something, it would be to speed up the movement.
I believe text dump is not a valid form of storytelling in video games. Video games are for interaction, not reading, therefore the story should be woven into gameplay instead.
MaxTheDark

Postby Onimiv » Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:07 pm

MaxTheDark Wrote:... the slow movement of her head makes it very clunky and sticky (and not in the fun way). It feels sluggish and slow, very uncomfortable ...

Thanks for the tip. I thought making her faster would be annoying as you wouldn't be able to easily get her to eat what you want but it does feel sluggish.
So I increased her speed to 10x (keyboard) and 5x (mouse). Tell me if that makes it better or uncontrollable.
A.K.A. Titilonic

Find me Here
Onimiv

Postby MaxTheDark » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:43 pm

It is better now. Dont have much time playing but had a quick look and feels better indeed. Consider playing around with sprite sizes, too. The game window is tiny, would make easier to see targets earlier if it was bigger, especially taller.
I believe text dump is not a valid form of storytelling in video games. Video games are for interaction, not reading, therefore the story should be woven into gameplay instead.
MaxTheDark

Postby Onimiv » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:38 pm

MaxTheDark Wrote:It is better now. Dont have much time playing but had a quick look and feels better indeed. Consider playing around with sprite sizes, too. The game window is tiny, would make easier to see targets earlier if it was bigger, especially taller.

There was a full-screen button on the bottom-right corner (courtesy of itch.io) but I added one to the top-left instead.
I'm not going to spend more time on this mock game, "There's bigger fish to fry" and all that.
A.K.A. Titilonic

Find me Here
Onimiv

Return to Non-Flash Projects