[HTML5] Midnight Ride [WIP2.2]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [HTML5] Midnight Ride [WIP1.1]

Postby PandaPenguin » Wed May 08, 2019 8:05 pm

I heard you want some news!
PandaPenguin

Postby Enkide » Thu May 09, 2019 6:58 pm

Curious of if one buys the whole series, does the updates become automatic?
Enkide

Postby PandaPenguin » Thu May 09, 2019 9:09 pm

Enkide Wrote:Curious of if one buys the whole series, does the updates become automatic?

what do you mean by whole series? :D

once you buy it on itch.io, you get all (future) updates included of course 8-)
PandaPenguin

Postby Enkide » Fri May 10, 2019 4:36 pm

PandaPenguin Wrote:
Enkide Wrote:Curious of if one buys the whole series, does the updates become automatic?

what do you mean by whole series? :D

once you buy it on itch.io, you get all (future) updates included of course 8-)

good to know.
Enkide

Postby PandaPenguin » Wed May 15, 2019 10:55 pm

Some great news over here!

tl;dr
the game will be available at a discount in a bundle together with Inevitable Relations (from KinneyX23) for a limited time starting this Friday
PandaPenguin

Postby PandaPenguin » Wed May 22, 2019 7:53 pm

Some "quality of life" upgrades coming to Midnight Ride!
More about it in this weekly news.
PandaPenguin

Postby MaxTheDark » Fri May 24, 2019 9:45 am

That weekly news mentions Space Junk, is that going to be an actual game, or is it going to be like Midnight Ride? (Also, I'm pretty sure you can't fit two people in that cockpit without damaging any screens)
I believe text dump is not a valid form of storytelling in video games. Video games are for interaction, not reading, therefore the story should be woven into gameplay instead.
MaxTheDark

Postby PandaPenguin » Fri May 24, 2019 3:46 pm

MaxTheDark Wrote:That weekly news mentions Space Junk, is that going to be an actual game, or is it going to be like Midnight Ride? (Also, I'm pretty sure you can't fit two people in that cockpit without damaging any screens)

haha good thing that those are holo-screens then 8-)

btw Space Junk is an actual game already
PandaPenguin

Postby AN0N » Fri May 24, 2019 10:23 pm

PandaPenguin Wrote:
MaxTheDark Wrote:That weekly news mentions Space Junk, is that going to be an actual game, or is it going to be like Midnight Ride? (Also, I'm pretty sure you can't fit two people in that cockpit without damaging any screens)

Although I could be wrong, I think he meant to ask wether it will be a VN type game like Midnight Ride or an actual game with actual gameplay elements. Judging from the few pictures I've seen and the description it looks like there are gameplay elements although player interaction is probably limited to a simple interface if I am not mistaken. I didn't actually play its demo but it is described as a slave trainer.
AN0N

Postby MaxTheDark » Tue May 28, 2019 10:21 am

AN0N Wrote:
PandaPenguin Wrote:

Although I could be wrong, I think he meant to ask wether it will be a VN type game like Midnight Ride or an actual game with actual gameplay elements. Judging from the few pictures I've seen and the description it looks like there are gameplay elements although player interaction is probably limited to a simple interface if I am not mistaken. I didn't actually play its demo but it is described as a slave trainer.

PRecisely. I don't know if it's me going blind, but I didn't see the demo option the last time I looked.

And my fears were confirmed, Space Junk is NOT a game, it's an interactive novel. It even starts the same way as Something Something Princess or something, where your first choice is to open your eyes or not. I've been sitting clicking through dialog options, but I got bored and closed it. Not worth the time. Guess that's just Panda Penguin's MO: make few basic, simple renders, connect them with flimsy story, hope for money from horny patrons.
I believe text dump is not a valid form of storytelling in video games. Video games are for interaction, not reading, therefore the story should be woven into gameplay instead.
MaxTheDark

Postby PandaPenguin » Tue May 28, 2019 1:44 pm

MaxTheDark Wrote:PRecisely. I don't know if it's me going blind, but I didn't see the demo option the last time I looked.

And my fears were confirmed, Space Junk is NOT a game, it's an interactive novel. It even starts the same way as Something Something Princess or something, where your first choice is to open your eyes or not. I've been sitting clicking through dialog options, but I got bored and closed it. Not worth the time. Guess that's just Panda Penguin's MO: make few basic, simple renders, connect them with flimsy story, hope for money from horny patrons.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

make something better, I dare you
PandaPenguin

Postby MaxTheDark » Wed May 29, 2019 4:23 pm

PandaPenguin Wrote:
MaxTheDark Wrote:PRecisely. I don't know if it's me going blind, but I didn't see the demo option the last time I looked.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

make something better, I dare you

Ok.
MaxTheDark

Postby PandaPenguin » Wed May 29, 2019 8:18 pm

Don't miss this weeks news!

And don't forget that Midnight Ride is still available at a discount over at itch.io!
PandaPenguin

Postby PandaPenguin » Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:50 am

It's almost time for the new release!
Once the Midnight Ride limited time discount over at itch.io is finished!
PandaPenguin

Postby PandaPenguin » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:36 pm

last chance to grab the game at a discount over at itch.io for a few more days!
read this weeks news for more details
PandaPenguin

Postby Darthjake » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:35 pm

I meant to post sooner, neat game, I of course hit both of the unfinished paths before taking the obvious choice. :D
Darthjake

Postby PandaPenguin » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:25 pm

Release date? Yes? No? Maybe?
PandaPenguin

Postby PandaPenguin » Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:03 pm

LoK is finally back alive! :mrgreen:

Release Time!!
get all the glorious news right from the source

check out the free browser version here
https://nidma.itch.io/midnight-ride
PandaPenguin

Re: [HTML5] Midnight Ride [WIP2.2]

Postby Enkide » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:24 pm

Bought the full game. :3
Enkide

Re: [HTML5] Midnight Ride [WIP2.2]

Postby PandaPenguin » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:49 pm

We are back from post release break, catch up with this weeks dev news here
There is a hotfix for Midnight Ride WIP2.3 available now!
PandaPenguin

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects