Ovulating Maiden - v0.30 [Harem, Monster Girls]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Ovulating Maiden - v0.30 [Harem, Monster Girls]

Postby pizzacat » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:21 am

Hi everyone,

This is a femdom/harem/pregnancy game where the idea is you're (being forced to) impregnating monster girls as the only conscious male in the world to save their clans, while also attempting to befriend other monster girl breeds as you meet them.

---Ovulating Maiden story----

About 2 of every monster girl breed was saved from an unprecedented war that obliterated the humans, monster girls, and goddesses. Placed into unbreakable egg-like sleeping pods, the monster girls slumber. Some time later, due to an unknown stimuli, 8 previously unbreakable egg-like pods crack open, one of which containing you. While receiving a blowjob from an elf, you awaken to find that you're the only human male alive.​

-------------------------

You can always download the latest version on my blog here:
http://pizzacatmx.blogspot.com/

Also, please feel free to leave a comment or feedback. ^^
Last edited by pizzacat on Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
pizzacat

Re: Conception Maiden - Demo 1 [RPG-Strategy-Harem Building]

Postby redplauge » Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:51 am

oh another pizzacat game. Def need to dl it ant try. You have some of the most interesting creations.
this is a sig. there are many like it, but this one is mine
redplauge

Postby Darthjake » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:06 am

I was interested until I saw side-scroller, how much like a side-scroller are we talking about?
Darthjake

Postby CloudRipper » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:20 am

Don't know whats wrong, but I keep getting an "Out of memory" error
CloudRipper

Postby pizzacat » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:29 am

@ redplauge
Thanks ^^

@Darthjake
The side-scrolling is only using for battling, though there isn't any actual "camera scrolling" in it right now. It's like a side view real-time battle. But most of the game is top-down view. I hope I was able to answer your question, but please let me know if i didn't.

@CloudRipper
Sorry for your trouble. Um, could you tell me how much RAM your computer has and the operating system? Also, when exactly did the game crash with the out of memory error? Did the title screen show up or did it crash before the game launched? If the game did start, was there a certain point in the game where it crashed(like what where you doing, was there any dialog onscreen, or characters doing something)?
pizzacat

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:41 pm

I am encountering the same thing. I got 8 Gb of Ram, and the game crashes after the second bit of text in the intro. I also had a tough time deleting the game, it was saying that the game was running in the background, but Task manager didn't show it running. Had to restart my computer to delete it.
Morals don't apply to me. I'm a Bear made of Cheese.
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby Darthjake » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:31 am

I'm hitting alot of games like that cheddar, I keep thinking it's a shell or something running but yeah, reboot is the only thing that works, which is irritating if I have downloads running, but not a game breaker.
Darthjake

Postby RunningAroundInCircles » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:29 am

I like it in principle but there is a lot of text in it. I'm a very fast reader so it's not too bad but it shifts the focus to the story and there's a lot going on there that doesn't make any sense for biological, biochemical, tactical and other reasons. Many of that can be fixed with a few adjustments if you want so but to avoid annoying anyone you likes their alien invasion movies I'll stick to a spoiler.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

There is NO way we could fight of an alien invasion. Not even a single ship. From a technological point of view that's like defeating a nuclear submarine with rock thrown from a raft. Or like winning in chess starting only with the kong and a single pawn. It's not completely impossible but close to. The most likely way to win in an invasion scenario is to sit it out and inflict constantly minor damege until the invasion isn't worth it anymore.
The aliens are using hosts for reproduction. Since there are hybrids running around they clearly use genetical information of these hosts. Which directly conflicts the last egglaying description from the last scene. In that case it's closer to parasitic wasps that just eat the hosts.
Using a virus to wipe out humanity is arguably one of the best ways to invade, but then the aliens qould need to be absurdly stupid to be able to be defeated. They'd just stay out of range until everybody is dead.
Also if they come to reproduce and the hybrids inherit trades such as intelligence from the hosts, then they'd want the most able hosts available. Basically us. Using a virus to kill us directly hinders them of doing so. Destroying all military facilities and most infrastructure from orbit, then invade some isolated and thus safe place and consequently swipe the lands for hosts is a much better way to accomplsh their goals.

There's more but these are some of the most obvious.
In short: the aliens must be complete morons who just happen to own a shace ship and an engereered virus for some reason for your story to make sense.
I NEVER run against walls.
RunningAroundInCircles

Postby pizzacat » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:38 pm

Thank you for the feedback everyone.

@CloudRipper, @cheddaredgrizzly, @Darthjake:
Could you guys each tell me what graphics card you're using? I was wondering why only some people got the "out of memory" error(wasn't able to find a major memory leak in the code) and based on feedback, it seems like it could be a error caused by memory fragmentation(specifically, in the game the error seems to happen when an image is added to memory). In other words, if you had 500MB free memory, this may not be 500MB of continuous free space, instead it's divided into smaller chunks across the RAM that adds up to 500MB. However the game needs enough of the free space to be continuous to use it(which could lead to an out of memory error). Specifically this seems to happen with computers that use integrated graphics(but has also happen on at least one normal graphics card before). It looks like some people have had similar problems with game maker games before: https://forum.yoyogames.com/index.php?t ... ame.11536/
More info here too: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ericli ... al-memory/

As for the solution, could one of you guys with the out of memory error try the following and let me know if it fixes the error?:
1)Right-Click on the game's exe file and extract it the same as you would a zip file(you can also use something like winrar or 7zip to extract it).
2)Go inside the extracted folder and look for a file called opitions.ini. Open opitions.ini(can open it with notepad or any other text editor)
3)Inside the file, change the line "CreateTexturesOnDemand=0" to "CreateTexturesOnDemand=1", and save the file.
4) Close it and then run hgamee.exe (which should be in the same folder).
Please let me know if this fixes the out of memory error for any of you.

@RunningAroundInCircles:
Originally, the idea was that the invading aliens were the last survivors of their own planet that was destroyed(due to a nuclear world war). These aliens weren't perfect lifeforms(even if they wanted to believe so), they had their own flaws just like humans, but their level of technology was more advanced than humans partly due to existing longer. The parasitic aliens do require a host to bare offspring(they lay eggs inside the host), but they can't naturally create any kind of hybrid.
The hybrids were part of an experiment which was eventually used on earth as a backup in case the humans found a cure for the virus. The hybrids however, are actually based off 3 different life forms: a alien, a female human, and one other random earthling(animal, plant, etc), with the alien traits intended to be dominate(which is part of the reason all the hybrids are also parasitic). Original intention of the aliens were to use the humans to host their eggs, but when the aliens were losing, the gave up and unleashed the virus. Afterwards their ship was finally shot down and eventually a surviving alien uses their last resort, the tech that created the hybrids(cross-breeds).

When I think about it some more though, I do agree that it would be near impossible to defeat an alien warship, if the alien is weak or strong is unknown to the humans, but if the alien's had the tech to reach earth, they are most likely very advanced and intelligent. For the story, how about this instead, what if it wasn't an alien warship but instead a single carrier ship not designed for war? Also, how about if instead of being jealous of humans being for able to bare offspring normally(like what's stated in the game), the aliens actually like being parasitic and think that parasites are superior, and they fired the virus merely out of the bitterness of being defeated?

I am still technically revising the story(which is much longer than I've originally intended), but you seem much better versed in sci-fi than I am. If it's okay with you, I wouldn't mind PMing you my story setting ideas back and forth, and getting more of your feedback and suggestions to help improve the story.
pizzacat

Postby RunningAroundInCircles » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:15 pm

Sure, I'm glad to help. The story doesn't have to be completely realistic though. The story you posted is essentially the same as in the game. The problem is just that the game presents it very differently and leaves a lot of holes.
Even a normal ship would be almost impossible to defeat (as long as it has some way to attack). Space is deadly. A microastroid can rip apart basically every structure we can construct, a space ship needs to be able to take that impact though. It could be a very short journey otherwise xD
Also it needs to be impenetrable for radiation so neither projectile weapons nor nuclear bombs could harm it. At least not at our level. If it's understaffed and damaged and however it could look quite differently.
I NEVER run against walls.
RunningAroundInCircles

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:51 am

Just did the quick fix, and it works.
--------------------------------------------
*Edit* Ok, so I can get through the entire intro, but it crashes before the game actually starts.
Morals don't apply to me. I'm a Bear made of Cheese.
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby Darthjake » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:27 am

I have not gotten it on this game yet, I've downloaded but not tested it yet, but for future reference I have an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Darthjake

Postby hoboy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:33 am

Looking forward to a new game, but have some initial issues. Not sure about the game controls - is this modified RPGM? Thrown off by the "hit esc" to exit, as I'm used to that opening the menu. Speaking of which - how to do that? How do I get to a place where one can save the game? Everything is different from the older pizzacat games I have played...a little lost...maybe a short tutorial?
hoboy

Postby Darthjake » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:07 pm

Okay, the side scroller potion of combat I can deal with, especially in a limited area, with a timer. Z makes you jump and X attacks, but a tutorial would be a good idea, especially if you ever add anything else like a power or ranged attack.

Dislike: Escape auto dumping the game, yes I know, it says at the beginning Esc to exit the game, but I, and I'm sure a lot of gamers tend to hit Esc when they make a choice they don't like, combine that with no save capability that I know of right now, and it is downright annoying.

Dislike: World destroying boobs, (sorry personal preference here), those are not boobs, those are the main cannons on the SDF-1, (Google Robotech or Macross for those too young to understand the reference), Those boobs should disrupt the gravity well of any planet they are on, much less the owner being able to stand up straight. /rant off.

The game seems fairly straightforward so far, and other then the above issues, which should be fixed as the demo / game progresses, seems like it's a solid piece of work.
Darthjake

Postby pizzacat » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:16 am

Thanks for the feedback everyone. ^^

@RunningAroundInCircles
Thanks for the help, I will PM you once I think about it a little more.

@cheddaredgrizzly, and Anyone with "out of memory" error
Thanks for telling me, I've noticed other people such as the developer of Atelier Tia also had the same problem with the "out of memory" error with game maker studio: https://ulmf.org/threads/atelier-tia-2d ... 340/page-6

It looks like the solution I mentioned early will fix the "out of memory" error but a crash will then happen around when the game tries to load the command map(map with all the units). But since there is no debug message and it seems to be a performance bug for certain pcs, it's hard to say what's causing it(i'm thinking it's something in the code though. it may be from a unneeded gui command that i just removed, though i'm not sure why that would make it crash). I am working on a solution now for you guys who get the crash, and will post something here very soon-ish(I might ask you guys to run a debug version of the game).

@hoboy, @Darthjake
You're right, the ESC key usually does something like bring up the menu. I've just changed it so it doesn't quit the game(outside of the title screen), this change will be in the next demo(or hopefully a patch of the current demo that is able to fix the error for people on integrated graphics). This game was built from starch with game maker studio, so it's not actually an rpg maker game. A tutorial could help a lot of players, I am planning to add one once I add the fatigue system and get the battle system a little more organized.

the Controls on the demo are:
Exploration mode(when you're controlling minori at the beginning): Arrow keys - move character, Enter - Interact/Talk to others
Command mode(controlling the cursor for battle maps): Arrow keys - move cursor, Enter - Select, X - cancel (You can also use the mouse in command mode)
Battle mode(side-view fight): Arrow keys - move character, Z - Jump, X - Attack
On-screen messages can be progressed by pressing Enter, Space, or Left-Mouse Button.(Hold down to fast-scroll text). Press Esc to quit the game.

how to play
At the beginning of the game when you're controlling minori, you can press enter while standing near someone to talk to them, and to progress the story just walk up to the girl with the purple hair.
When you're on command mode, move the cursor over one of your allies(Victoria, Lorelei, Minori) and press Enter to select. Pick a location for them to move by moving the cursor to one of the blue squares and press enter again(the selected character will move). Press Enter again after the character moved to complete movement(if you made a mistake, press X to cancel the movement). Repeat this with your other characters until you have none left to move. After all your characters have moved, the enemy will move and then it will be your turn to move again. If your character moves next to an enemy you'll be given the option to attack them which will take you to battle mode.
In battle mode(side-view), move with arrows, jump with Z and press X to attack when your close to the enemy. In the current demo the enemy will not attack you back and you attack graphic is a placeholder.
pizzacat

Postby pizzacat » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:26 am

Hi guys,
To anyone getting the "out of memory"/game crash, I've made a debug version of the game that will generate a debug log to help pinpoint the cause.

If you have the error and would like to help debug the game, please download the debug version here(also note there is a chance this version will work without crashing since i've changed a few things):
https://mega.nz/#!IQpjhLBa!xHftUeZptjutGRJpf9S_h56jAS7MooHGhiPO3dGNfCc

Open instructions.txt for the steps on what to do. Thanks for your help everyone.
pizzacat

Postby redplauge » Sun Aug 19, 2018 1:05 am

Darthjake Wrote:Dislike: World destroying boobs, (sorry personal preference here), those are not boobs, those are the main cannons on the SDF-1, (Google Robotech or Macross for those too young to understand the reference), Those boobs should disrupt the gravity well of any planet they are on, much less the owner being able to stand up straight. /rant off.

thats no woman thats a moon... with 2 smaller moons attached...
this is a sig. there are many like it, but this one is mine
redplauge

Postby pizzacat » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:22 am

Hi guys,

The "out of memory"/crash error is now fixed(probably). I've updated the main game with the following changes:

- "out of memory" error and crash seen on pc such as ones that have integrated graphic cards is fixed, special thanks to redplauge for help with debug testing.
- Overall game performance improved(may see noticeable speed increase).
- ESC no long exits ingame.
- New fixed version is now called "Demo 1b".

Thanks to everyone here who help locate the bugs and test the game, as well as everyone who played the game in general.
You can download the new version:
http://pizzacatmx.blogspot.com/
pizzacat

Re: Conception Maiden - Demo 2 [RPG-Strategy-Harem Building]

Postby pizzacat » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:29 am

Updated! New demo 2 has been posted!
pizzacat

Re: Conception Maiden - Demo 3 [RPG-Strategy-Harem Building]

Postby pizzacat » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:37 am

Update! Demo 3 posted!
pizzacat

Next