[Unity3D] Stationmaster - Brothel Sim with 4x Strategy

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

[Unity3D] Stationmaster - Brothel Sim with 4x Strategy

Postby StationMasterDev » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:09 pm

Disclaimer: This game is a work of fiction that broaches a wide range of sensitive subject matter and fetishes. If you’re offended or triggered by events that happen to a collection of pixels, this isn’t the game for you. This is simple sci-fi/fantasy. IT IS NOT REAL. We do not condone harmful non-consensual acts in real life, and any non-con fantasy roleplaying should be done in a comfortable environment with clear safe words.

Hello! I'm StationMasterDev and this is my game, Stationmaster!

Latest Windows Build: https://mega.nz/#!JPA0WQgS!9Ww3jv4k_H8od1NP7YUNm8FyJohTGOInb9_-L7v7E6U
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/stationmaster]
Discord: https://discord.gg/WvAXgZJ

What is Stationmaster?

Stationmaster is a city-building brothel-management sim with 4X space strategy gameplay inspired by Free Cities that makes you the owner and operator of your own space station. Your primary goal is to build a small-time floating brothel into a galactic empire. How you do that is left completely up to you.

Will you be kind or ruthless? Treat your slaves with compassion or cruelty? Be a celibate tactician or sex-crazed marauder?

You have full control to:

• Build your station’s facilities, promoting tourism and increasing the mood of your citizenry
• Staff your brothels with procedurally-generated slaves from a variety of different markets, being as varied and/or picky as you like
• Create a personal harem to use at your whim
• Build ships to conquer the galaxy, taking helpless civilians, princesses and CEOs as your spoils of war

Throughout the game you’ll run into dozens of animated random events, ranging from everyday operation hiccups to unique encounters with famous crews and people. Procedural generation will make each playthrough unique in its own way, creating hours upon hours of replay value.

Current State of the Game

From a graphical perspective, the game is still in an early alpha state. A graphical overhaul is one of the major items on the priority list, although it’ll take time to accomplish and get right. However, the vast majority of the core gameplay systems listed above are already in the game. Most of these systems have seen numerous hours of playtesting too, meaning they’re working and already balanced to a degree even in the game’s alpha state.

Last edited by StationMasterDev on Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
StationMasterDev
Newly Registered

Re: [Unity3D] Stationmaster - Brothel Sim with 4x Strategy

Postby Spiritmook » Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:20 pm

Awesome game played for at least 3 hours today. Lots of content and events. I still feel like there is much more content that I have not gotten access to yet and will keep going until I get my
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

fleet of dreadnoughts up and running
. The graphics are definitely a big downfall with the game but I found the game play to be a lot of fun. Keep it up and I look forward to seeing the game once it gets more graphical updates.
Spiritmook
Newly Registered

Postby Briheas » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:56 pm

Is there some guide as to what all the stats do? I'm confused about what they do, and I'm therefore probably using them wrong.

For example, does a planet with low fear mean I'm beloved? Or does low fear mean they're not scared of me and there's a higher chance for say, rebellion? (Possibly offset by high obedience?) Does high prosperity mean I get more tribute?

I see a lot of slaves have additional traits (for example, one was "brilliant and well educated"). Is that just flavor text, or can I set them as advisors or administrators or something? I put those with seemingly useful traits to work in my suite for now, but they just dance and stuff (I'm not sure what the point of the dancing is, it seems like a waste of resources)

I have not tried my hand at diplomacy yet (I'm not ready to go to war with anyone), but does, for example, me conquering non-aligned planets in the same system as another faction cause a relationship penalty with that faction? Will other factions declare war on me unprovoked if my military power is too low?
Briheas

Postby StationMasterDev » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:59 pm

Thanks all!

I'm slowly improving the graphics. I overhauled the brothel's look and feel in yesterday's patch, and I think the port will be next.

Game is in desperate need of a better tutorial, but a quick run down is:
Low obedience: Risk of rebellion-type events (fear determines how motivated they are)
High obedience, low fear: Benevolent leader
High obedience, high fear: Brutal dictator
They also determine the starting stats of the slaves you get as tributes.

The additional traits are just for flavor for now. More stats are likely coming in the next version though (it depends on what people vote for, but that was the runner up last time).

Dancing is mostly for the player's benefit, but also boosts reputation.

Conquering an unaligned planet currently doesn't have diplomatic consequences. The game will let you know if you're about to start a war. Currently, other factions won't declare war on you at all.
StationMasterDev
Newly Registered

Postby RunningAroundInCircles » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:34 am

I experience a llot of graphic gliches where the outline pixels of (some) objects and the background are white highlighted. Also these background pixels overlay everything including menues making many parts only readable if the screen gets moved into a suitable position first.
In the slave screens I see black bars floating around in fixed positions blocking the view.
The white issue also appears in the main menu.

Are these issues due to my pc or the game?
I NEVER run against walls.
RunningAroundInCircles

Postby Cyriann » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:22 am

So after some hours of playing and experimenting around, I got most of the systems but... I find myself in a bad situation where I do not understand how to lower fear for the girls. It is not a hindrance per say, but if there is a way it is not clear at all what it is.
Also the random stories told to the kids during their growth are not helping at all in constructing something when you can end up with a person devoted to you or completely disobedient. Also on the kids it feels weird, especially for our own, to not have any customization on the stories nor on how they act with us.

I’ll put a up a more extensive feedback later, but these are the little hitched to how I experienced the game.
Cyriann
Newly Registered

Postby StationMasterDev » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:04 pm

I've gotten reports about odd graphical glitches. I've made some memory improvements in the 0.12 version that will be releasing soon, which might help, but I haven't been able to replicate the issue on my machine, so I can't really know for sure.

As for reducing fear, there's currently no reliable way to do it. The training update will have more options, whenever it's voted for.

Finally, on the stories, adding an option for that is an interesting point. I might add that to the station management screen in a future update.
StationMasterDev
Newly Registered

Postby giant_koala » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:05 am

This game has been eating all of my memory. My PC isn't a gaming rig, but it has a decent CPU and 8GB RAM. As my station gets bigger and I have more and more slaves etc, memory use explodes, and eventually it crashes my PC. Can you work on making it more stable/less memory-intensive?

Otherwise, it's a good game, I like it.
giant_koala
Newly Registered

Postby StationMasterDev » Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:44 am

Thanks! If you're currently running the free version, both Patreon versions are significantly better about memory management. 0.12 had some pretty significant improvements, and I've done a couple more in 0.13 (whose alpha is currently available to $10 backers and above).
StationMasterDev
Newly Registered

Postby RunningAroundInCircles » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:00 am

giant_koala Wrote:This game has been eating all of my memory. My PC isn't a gaming rig, but it has a decent CPU and 8GB RAM. As my station gets bigger and I have more and more slaves etc, memory use explodes, and eventually it crashes my PC. Can you work on making it more stable/less memory-intensive?

I ran into the same problem. I'm playing other simulation games with a lot more simulated elements that are not remotely that PC intensive.
I'm thinking a big chunk of it could come from the tourists and I'm currently running a test game without them. It's very slow though.
It's great to hear you already fixed a bit here. If you didn't look into tourists you might wanna do that. I suspect the game simulates unnecessary stuff around them.
RunningAroundInCircles

Postby RunningAroundInCircles » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:44 pm

RunningAroundInCircles Wrote:
giant_koala Wrote:This game has been eating all of my memory. My PC isn't a gaming rig, but it has a decent CPU and 8GB RAM. As my station gets bigger and I have more and more slaves etc, memory use explodes, and eventually it crashes my PC. Can you work on making it more stable/less memory-intensive?

I ran into the same problem. I'm playing other simulation games with a lot more simulated elements that are not remotely that PC intensive.
I'm thinking a big chunk of it could come from the tourists and I'm currently running a test game without them. It's very slow though.
It's great to hear you already fixed a bit here. If you didn't look into tourists you might wanna do that. I suspect the game simulates unnecessary stuff around them.

Yup.
I don't get these lags without tourists.
RunningAroundInCircles

Postby StationMasterDev » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:29 pm

Resurrecting this thread because I updated the original post with the latest public build, which is a lot better than the last one that was posted here. There's a new fighting pit, a new animation system for sex scenes, and a complete graphical overhaul.

StationMasterDev
Newly Registered

Postby EyeOfCthulhu » Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:42 pm

download link does not work
EyeOfCthulhu

Return to Non-Flash Projects