Yorna: Monster Girl's Secret [Monster Girl, Yuri, Straight]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Yorna: Monster Girl's Secret [Monster Girl, Yuri, Straig

Postby musical74 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:26 pm

Think it is a memory hog, at least for me. At least when I run the game it jumps to anywhere from 75-93 physical memory, then when I shut it down it goes back to 30something "shrug"

If I can't get at the flame where the orcs are and the oracle is unavailable, think I've covered the main story so far. It won't let me to go the area south of the town without seeing the oracle first. I liked the scenes with the fairy and the oni in the castle (the oni's drunk? Might there be a Touhou reference there? :)) does the lamia have one too?

Looking forwards to the next update!
musical74

Postby Yeehaw Games » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:48 pm

musical74 Wrote:Think it is a memory hog, at least for me. At least when I run the game it jumps to anywhere from 75-93 physical memory, then when I shut it down it goes back to 30something "shrug"

If I can't get at the flame where the orcs are and the oracle is unavailable, think I've covered the main story so far. It won't let me to go the area south of the town without seeing the oracle first. I liked the scenes with the fairy and the oni in the castle (the oni's drunk? Might there be a Touhou reference there? :)) does the lamia have one too?

Looking forwards to the next update!

Some players reported high resource utilization but I can't reproduce it so far. Oh well, looks like I have another reason to run a few checks after the v.0.2.5 release.

You will be able to deal with the flame in 0.2.5. Yes, I wanted a bit of references here and there but Oni like the booze in general. I will add more cutscenes with monster girls as the game progresses to add more character to them. And for the lulz of course.
Yeehaw Games

Postby Amakuo » Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:37 pm

As far as I recall, your reaction to the baron's offer determines whether or not he gives you a little something, but either way you can proceed to buy the maid outfit and return with it.
Amakuo

Postby Yeehaw Games » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:00 pm

Due to an appearance of a new bug, I updated Yorna to fix the "Maid Job" scene problem.

If you downloaded v0.2.0 release earlier, you can replace one file to get the same effect. It's faster and will get you the same result. Just place it into the www/data folder and agree to overwrite the existing file.

Sorry for the trouble.

Windows – Google Disk | Mega mirror
MacOS X – Google Disk | Mega mirror
Linux family – Google Disk | Mega mirror
Yeehaw Games

Postby Yeehaw Games » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:26 am

I decided to shift the release earlier because I’m going on another business trip today and can’t guarantee a stable connection to make a proper release.

You can get the fresh version here.

Without further ado, let’s see what’s new in Yorna v0.2.5 aside from the usual new zones and story pack:

Scenes and Art

V0.2.5 has 2 new base scenes, each with 2 variations - normal and slutty.

The mansion got a new type of interactive scene - coach adventures with some backside exploring. The scene has all the 3 clients from the start and supports gallery activation. Similar to the first, blowjob scene, it will receive extra frames and branches in the next Yorna update, bringing it to the full intended scale. Also, I plan to do a half-clothed version in v0.3.0 if the time will permit it.

Just as previous feedback poll suggested, I added H sounds to all interactive maid scenes, both new and old. This change includes all clients and variations inside the scene.

The second base scene is centered on the big cat that you will find in the new forest zone along the plot line. ”The Big Fluff” monster girl is also present but, at this update, limited to plot story involvement, cutscenes and some mind-reading tricks. Also, teasing and fluff domination :P

Main Features

Yorna received the base logic for enchanting items and you can test it out with the sword part you’ve been collecting through your journey. v0.2.5 has the third and last piece so you can assemble the blade and tune it to your preferred play style. To use this feature, you’ll need to restore your castle after gaining the trust of a certain furball.

There are other improvements you can do - like repairing the shortcut bridge to your castle. Visit the lumberjack village for this opportunity.

I will expand the enchanting system to more items in the upcoming updates since the idea of giving more slots for equipment weren‘t solved in a satisfactory way. Every solution had its own drawbacks, so I decided to do this kind of sidestep. So far I see no penalties for using it and plan to support it all the way to Yorna’s final release.

v0.2.5 got the biggest pack of cutscenes and monster girl sprites out of all previous ones. All of them received synchronization of big on-screen sprites and portraits inside the text block. This includes all the previous monster girl cutscenes too.

I plan to use such cutscenes to add more monster girl interaction after their initial capture and some choices with buff or item rewards in the future.

Also, I finished all the monster girls sprites and plan to avoid using general ”flying ball” as an enemy sprite. Hopefully, this will add a bit of immersion to the game.

Small improvements and fixes:

Adjusted the gold line in the after-battle loot window so it doesn‘t climb higher than intended.

Fixed a single castle tile which was ignoring local -> global map size conversion. No more pygmy Ada :P

Re-marked craftable sword pieces as key items to avoid showing them in the regular inventory and confusing players.

Changed active piano sounds in the mansion.

Reduced costs for Sand Town smithy – the novice staff was too expensive.

Fixed a rare looped start for the interactive maid job scenes. It sometimes happened right after finishing one scene and the second one started without getting the money from Jack.

Added a mention of a local alchemist during Deadroot monologue to help players locate the interested person.

Fixed alchemist quest so she no longer asks players to get some Deadroot after they already gave some to her.

Changed grass graphics inside the Grey encampment - the edge is no longer looking like it’s close to a chasm.

Fixed some typos, missing dialogue tags and passable map geometry.
Yeehaw Games

Postby Yeehaw Games » Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:14 pm

Monster girl poll is over and here are the results:

Raiju wins with a huge lead – 32 points. Second place goes to Moth with 16 points. Glacies and Uki-Onna are close with 10 and 11 points. Yeti ends up with 7 and poor Selkie got only 6.

I’ll use both first and second places for version 0.3. Looks like this approach will be more flexible in the future if I won’t need a specific girl for plot reasons.

Also, I’ve got different feedback about the current gallery logic, to be precise - names for locked scenes. Some players want to see names for all scenes, even locked ones. Others find interest in exploring the requirements for various H events without hints.

You can take part in this public poll here. It will be up for a week so everyone can participate.
Yeehaw Games

Postby nemoudeis » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:42 pm

Great game so far. Although, is there any way to solve the puzzle other than by trying every possible combination? Are there any clues in-game? I couldn't find any and managed to solve most of them through trial and error, but now I'm stuck at the desert one (also I have no idea how to extinguish the fire in the cave).
Excuse my English, I'm French.
nemoudeis

Postby Darthjake » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:04 pm

nemoudeis Wrote:Great game so far. Although, is there any way to solve the puzzle other than by trying every possible combination? Are there any clues in-game? I couldn't find any and managed to solve most of them through trial and error, but now I'm stuck at the desert one (also I have no idea how to extinguish the fire in the cave).

Its been a bit since I've played, as of the last update, I'm not sure if the fire in the cave can be extinguished yet. As far as the puzzle in the desert, I gave up and just rolled my face on the arrow keys until I solved the puzzle.

Seriously that puzzle seriously diminishes the replay value of the game, Although I did solve it faster then the cages puzzle in the ogre cave, still, that one was frustrating too.
Darthjake

Postby Yeehaw Games » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:11 pm

nemoudeis Wrote:Great game so far. Although, is there any way to solve the puzzle other than by trying every possible combination? Are there any clues in-game? I couldn't find any and managed to solve most of them through trial and error, but now I'm stuck at the desert one (also I have no idea how to extinguish the fire in the cave).

Glad you liked Youna! You can deal with the fire in 0.2.5 after a bit of plot progression.

As for the puzzles, I always introduce a small-scale puzzle example before the harder version, if there is a harder version that is.

For example, gate-globe puzzle starts with an open area and an orb. Most players will try to interact with non-standard objects right away. They pick up the globe and the cage appears. Placing the orb back removes the gate. This way you can understand the logic behind the puzzle.

While brute-forcing the puzzle may work, it’s hardly a pleasant experience. If you have problems with them, try to check the small-scale example and understand its logic before going to harder pieces. Plus, I regularly check the forums and messages on the Patreon - if all else fail you can ask for a hint or solution.

Darthjake Wrote:Its been a bit since I've played, as of the last update, I'm not sure if the fire in the cave can be extinguished yet. As far as the puzzle in the desert, I gave up and just rolled my face on the arrow keys until I solved the puzzle.

Seriously that puzzle seriously diminishes the replay value of the game, Although I did solve it faster then the cages puzzle in the ogre cave, still, that one was frustrating too.

Desert puzzle is using flip-flop logic. All buttons have ”On” and ”Off” state. By default, all buttons are in ”Off” state and players need to turn them on. Stepping on a button switches its status to the opposite, so do all the surrounding buttons on horizontal and vertical. Let’s pretend you use the middle button twice, so the result will be:

0 - 0 - 1       0 - 1 - 1      0 - 0 - 1
1 - 0 - 0 - > 0 - 1 - 1 - > 1 - 0 - 0
0 - 0 - 1       0 - 1 - 1      0 - 0 - 1
Yeehaw Games

Postby Yeehaw Games » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:23 pm

Another business trip hits the release schedule and to avoid postponing it I make an earlier release.

Version 0.2.5 is up and ready for download. You can get it here:

Windows – Google Disk | Mega mirror
MacOS X – Google Disk | Mega mirror
Linux family – Google Disk | Mega mirror

Full change-log is available here.
Yeehaw Games

Postby MerDeLumiere » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:25 am

Hai dere, friend. I like your game. The desert puzzle was particularly fun. I kinda forced my way through it by randomly stepping on tiles, but when I took a second look at it to see if I could solve it with my supposed intelligence I discovered that the answer is embarrassingly simple. Didn't even take ten seconds. Whoops.

I noticed a couple errors:

-When first speaking to Master Jack, he claims that the client will only use Ada's mouth, but the first scene I got was an anal scene. Jack is a filthy liar.

-In the area between the two desert puzzles, you can climb up the wall of the 2x3 pillar to the far west of the area. There aren't any vines, or the like, so I assume you're not supposed to be able to do that.

On a related note, the location of the Fire Crystal is kinda BS. Don't take that the wrong way, this is just a lighthearted comment, but I was expecting a mystical cave or ancient ruins, and I was kinda right, but, nope. It's sitting pretty in a chest that I only found because of a hunch. Still no sight of that man's son, either. It's a bit random for it to just be sitting there, don't you think?

Besides that, I've got a few questions about the game:

-The Slut lvl for outfits and slutty scene variants appears to be ramping up. Is it going to be taken for granted that Slut lvl is going to increase, with the divide between pure/slutty being relative to the specific content, or is there going to be a hard line in the sand, somewhere.

-What are your plans for the other "Lewd Skills"? I'm referring to the non-combat ones. Though, actually, I'd assume they're both linked in some way. What are they intended to do? I know that they add up together to make Ada's Slut lvl, and I'm pretty sure that they're linked to Ada's performance during the maid scenes. I've already mentioned combat Lewd Skills. What about outfit requirements? Could there be an outfit that replaces Slut lvl with Sub lvl as a requirement to equip it?

-Who or what is Yorna? The world that the story is set in?

Anyway, I think that Yorna: Victoria's Monster Girl's Secret Catalogue is a pretty darn good game and I wish you the best of luck. Ugh, there are so many great projects, but I only have so much money. When do you think we can we get some fully automated luxury gay space communism around here?
MerDeLumiere

Postby Yeehaw Games » Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:11 pm

MerDeLumiere Wrote:Hai dere, friend. I like your game. The desert puzzle was particularly fun. I kinda forced my way through it by randomly stepping on tiles, but when I took a second look at it to see if I could solve it with my supposed intelligence I discovered that the answer is embarrassingly simple. Didn't even take ten seconds. Whoops.

I noticed a couple errors:

-When first speaking to Master Jack, he claims that the client will only use Ada's mouth, but the first scene I got was an anal scene. Jack is a filthy liar.

-In the area between the two desert puzzles, you can climb up the wall of the 2x3 pillar to the far west of the area. There aren't any vines, or the like, so I assume you're not supposed to be able to do that.

On a related note, the location of the Fire Crystal is kinda BS. Don't take that the wrong way, this is just a lighthearted comment, but I was expecting a mystical cave or ancient ruins, and I was kinda right, but, nope. It's sitting pretty in a chest that I only found because of a hunch. Still no sight of that man's son, either. It's a bit random for it to just be sitting there, don't you think?

Besides that, I've got a few questions about the game:

-The Slut lvl for outfits and slutty scene variants appears to be ramping up. Is it going to be taken for granted that Slut lvl is going to increase, with the divide between pure/slutty being relative to the specific content, or is there going to be a hard line in the sand, somewhere.

-What are your plans for the other "Lewd Skills"? I'm referring to the non-combat ones. Though, actually, I'd assume they're both linked in some way. What are they intended to do? I know that they add up together to make Ada's Slut lvl, and I'm pretty sure that they're linked to Ada's performance during the maid scenes. I've already mentioned combat Lewd Skills. What about outfit requirements? Could there be an outfit that replaces Slut lvl with Sub lvl as a requirement to equip it?

-Who or what is Yorna? The world that the story is set in?

Anyway, I think that Yorna: Victoria's Monster Girl's Secret Catalogue is a pretty darn good game and I wish you the best of luck. Ugh, there are so many great projects, but I only have so much money. When do you think we can we get some fully automated luxury gay space communism around here?

Thanks for taking your time to feedback on the release and I’m glad you liked Yorna.

Don’t worry, the desert puzzle has this effect on a lot of players :) Using my experience with League of Corruption, I refrain from making specialized puzzles. All of them are pretty simple if you understand how they work by fiddling them for a bit.

I implemented Jack‘s line before the second mansion scene so an overlooked string on my side. I’ll make a lewd level check in 0.3 so he could comment appropriately.

Same goes for the desert “bridge” zone. The cliff was decorated with vines too but I decided it was too obvious of a hint you can climb them. Actually, the crystal location is planned to be weird just as no one guarding it - a piece for the future play. And the son - it’s just a pointer to hint about desert exploration. You can get the crystal even before you meet Ayane.

The real slut level requirements for scenes and dresses are capped at 10 for now. I need a bit of time to work on this system so I don’t plan to ramp it up. Generally speaking, you can expect about 15-20 for the dresses and H events, except the ”Dark Ada” stuff in the future. Plus your lewd level will influence combat lewd skills after Ada unlocks them.

Yes, Ada’s lewd skill matter for mansion jobs and some lines in dialogue aside from leveling up her main lewd level. I didn‘t think about using them for dresses but it’s actually a valid idea, need to think about it after the release.

Yorna will be revealed later in the plot. Can’t game have a mystery? :)

Automated luxury gay space communism cracked me up :D
Yeehaw Games

Postby musical74 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:01 am

Still a memory hog for me, but I'm not sure how to make it less resource heavy. My computer's only 2 years old, think it would be able to handle things like this...

Barring that, I like that the intro gives you more details on where you need to go. The earlier version did somewhat, but this is better so you don't spend time going "and now what??"

Biggest question is whether the game geared more towards pure or slutty. I don't have a problem with it being either way, just...I'd almost rather Ada be a "pure young thing" if I can get away with it. ALMOST.

I did notice losing to the skeletons didn't have any sex scene, are you going to have a few monsters that losing to them won't give you any scene? I know, you'd think skeletons wouldn't have the ability to have sex but some of the stuff I've seen suggests otherwise.
musical74

Postby Darthjake » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:46 pm

You talking about the ones in the upper left corner of the map, just past the ogres? Yeah, I lost to them once, not on purpose though, I just went there too early, they hit hard!
Darthjake

Postby Yeehaw Games » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:39 pm

musical74 Wrote:Still a memory hog for me, but I'm not sure how to make it less resource heavy. My computer's only 2 years old, think it would be able to handle things like this...

Barring that, I like that the intro gives you more details on where you need to go. The earlier version did somewhat, but this is better so you don't spend time going "and now what??"

Biggest question is whether the game geared more towards pure or slutty. I don't have a problem with it being either way, just...I'd almost rather Ada be a "pure young thing" if I can get away with it. ALMOST.

I did notice losing to the skeletons didn't have any sex scene, are you going to have a few monsters that losing to them won't give you any scene? I know, you'd think skeletons wouldn't have the ability to have sex but some of the stuff I've seen suggests otherwise.

v0.2.5 still uses the old engine set - wait till you try v0.3 with updated RPG Maker core and plugins. My tests showed about x1.8-2 in resource usage. Don't worry, it's not your hardware. RPG Maker games should run on toasters and vacuum cleaners yet the devs were slacking on optimization for MV.

If you have any trouble understanding what to do next even with the hints from the on-map escape menu - please make examples. I regularly test these on random people who don’t know the game well and most of the time they are ok with directions I give via hints.

You can do both pure and slutty playthroughs, both are viable and have their own endings planned. Being pure, you will not have some skills from lewd dresses but receive less damage from in-combat lewd attacks. I’m planning on implementing some ”pure only” items in the near future.

Well… Skeletons a tad dead to have the fun. As a general rule, scenes involve sentient creatures and not mindless thralls like risen minions.
Yeehaw Games

Postby musical74 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:09 am

Playing from the start, I saw the three crystals in the first fighting area, go north first, and then noticed that arranging them in a certain way (on or off) gave a 200 gold bonus...was that there before and I just never noticed? Wouldn't surprise me terribly if that was there before and I just didn't notice... Also notice that you seem to go between "gold" and "dragon" for money, or is dragon a sum of gold? (like 1000 gold equals a dragon or something)

Regarding the "geomancer has a stash behind something" chests, is there a way to get those chests yet? The "gotta get them all" part of me is wondering what I need to do to get those chests...
musical74

Postby Darthjake » Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:29 am

Yeah, I got them, but it was a pita for the chest that not in the area with the crystals, the one not in the area with the crystals ends with
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Green, blank, Green.

Can't recall the on in the area, but that was the one I solved first by trial and error.

Edit: I messed with the crystals, and
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

only the crystal on the far right should be Green
to open the cache in the same area as the crystals.

Or at least that opened it up while I was standing there.
Darthjake

Postby Yeehaw Games » Fri Oct 12, 2018 2:19 pm

musical74 Wrote:Playing from the start, I saw the three crystals in the first fighting area, go north first, and then noticed that arranging them in a certain way (on or off) gave a 200 gold bonus...was that there before and I just never noticed? Wouldn't surprise me terribly if that was there before and I just didn't notice... Also notice that you seem to go between "gold" and "dragon" for money, or is dragon a sum of gold? (like 1000 gold equals a dragon or something)

Regarding the "geomancer has a stash behind something" chests, is there a way to get those chests yet? The "gotta get them all" part of me is wondering what I need to do to get those chests...

Yeap, Nypmh’s Forest was in the game from day one, including the crystal puzzle. There are 2 boxes behind vines and 2 tree-stashes in the zone. Try experimenting with the crystals and check if you can hear any special sounds - both box and tree secrets have their own opening cue.

Some players like to explore the maps and while RPG MAker doesn't support huge zones, I try to add interesting things to find where I can.

Dragon is Yorna’s main coin. So 100 gold = 100 dragons.
Yeehaw Games

Postby musical74 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:38 pm

Got as far as I can, love the kitsune addition! Is the only way you can get her to cooperate is by strength? Wits she seemed to be able to win, maybe not so surprising because kitsunes are known to be devious tricksters!

Regarding the puzzles, the second puzzle to get the two chests in the desert area is confusing. I can figure it out but it's way too much trial and error (mostly error). The other puzzles aren't difficult, it's just the one that has 16 possible squares. I see that there is a pattern but it gets REAL frustrating.

Hoping that once 3.0 becomes public the huge resource drain will vanish, it gets frustrating being able to only play in little spurts before everything starts not cooperating. This MAY be tied to it, but when I was in the ogre caves I ran into an ogre as I was going to a different area and it took some time to start the fight. It may have been because it didn't load the new screen before the fight happened, I don't know. This isn't something I can replicate voluntarily so no clue if it was a RPGmaker thing, or what.

Looking forwards to more content (and hopefully no more huge resource drains!)
musical74

Postby Yeehaw Games » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:58 pm

A lot of releases shift a bit forward due to my work schedule - this one is not an exception. Oh well... Yorna v0.3 is here and ready to roll!

You can get the fresh version here.

So let's check what's new aside from the usual cutscene and story pack and start with H scenes:

Due to the previous goal and the new artist I prepared 3 scenes + extra frames for the sofa scene in the mansion. News H events feature moth, raiju and Baron Sebastian in a special scene after getting a high score with any of the clients.

I added a clothed variation to the sofa scene and made different frames for outer and inner finishes. 10 new frames in total for this scene. Special event with the baron is a one-time scene so getting a normal variation will unlock the lewd one too and vice versa.

I hope the next month will involve less "behind the scenes" changes and more work done. Yet it's understandable that newcomers require some time to settle in. Hopefully, the next month artist can step back a bit and update an existing scene for better quality. Something like we already did with mansion's scenes.

We'll see how it'll go.

Performance and tech updates

I migrated Yorna to RPG Maker v1.6.1 and Kadokawa fixed most of the problems in a year. I also tweaked the plugins and pruned less useful of them. Both garbage collector and pixi graphical engine received some love too.

The results are quite nice - resource consumption went down x1.8-x2 compared to 1.5.2. Yes, there is a gap in results due to the testing methods I used – I’m pretty sure no one will fast-forward different scenes 50 times in a row. Right?

All features and saves are compatible so you don't have to worry about starting a new game for Yorna v0.3. There are some things to polish but I’m happy with the results as is. The next big tech thing will be MacOS investigation.

I shortened the SP calculating delay after battles as some players thought their game froze. The logical functions are still the same.

Features and interface

Players wanted to see the names for H scenes in the gallery, even locked ones. I implemented this feature so you can get the hint how to get your locked events.

Deafeted monster girls will offer a small stat increase after you bring them to the castle. This is still a work in progress and you can expect more such interactions. Check your castle - these events are among the new monster girl cutscenes pack.

Now you can buy herbal tea to counter Ada's lewdness if it gets too high for your liking. You can't get her to a completely pure state though and remember - using the tea will make lewd skill training harder in the future.

Added dynamic shadows as a test feature. This means they will properly darken all objects under them, not just floor. Default RPG Maker's shadows are boxy and meh at best so I experimented a bit. If all goes well all shadows will be swapped to the advanced variation.

Minor updates and fixes

Fixed a flicker with calculating numbers inside the combat screen. Now there's nothing appearing under Ada's HP and MP bars during hit animations.

Arranged combat sprites closer to the center of the screen for better composition.

Increased healing skills cast speed to help players with "Oh crap" situations.

Changed Jack's dialog so he could appropriately comment on Ada's lewd level during their first scene.

Blocked the function to press and hold action button on permanent interactive vents like wells. Plugins didn't like such interactions.

Fixed a small cliff inside the desert zone. Previously players could climb it even without vines.

Allowed to eat "lizard-on-a-stick" item both during combat and map exploration as it was intended. Yummy! (Careful with food poisoning tho)

Fixed gnoll's battle skill description during the animation.

Fixed jinko's (tiger) scene results. Now it properly unlocks her scenes according to Ada's lewd level and checks if the player wants to skip the second playthrough of her scene.

Fixed Diana's store not offering all the intended dresses after upgrading the castle to the last stage.

The usual typo and dialogue tag fixing.
Yeehaw Games

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects