Wands and Witches 0.87 [upd Nov/07/2020]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Wands and Witches 0.87 [upd Nov/07/2020]

Postby GCStudio » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:23 pm

The first public build is out!

Wands and Witches.

When you turned 18, you received a letter with an invitation to the Hogwarts University of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Because magic is not for children!

Main features:

- "Prologue" event with 5000+ words.
- Role playing system.
- You can choose the gender of your character. i.e. You can play as either a male or a female student.
- The player character will not be a canonical character from within the Harry Potter universe. However, the other characters are, although they may be a bit "out of character".
- Hand drawn pictures made in the original style.
- You can enroll in any of the houses. The Sorting Hat makes its decision depending on what you did in the prologue.

This version ends after you first lessons.

In the future versions we will add:

- A campus life full of magic and events.

- It will be a sandbox game. Therefore, you can interact with any NPC 's and do whatever you want, but the NPC's themselves will interact with each other, or even with you. For example, don't be surprised if Professor Snape begins an affair with one of his students. Also, don't be surprised if this student happens to be male (we'll make it an option you can disable).

- Your character will be able to improve his/her skills and spells to acquire new ways of interacting with others, and when I say "interact" I mean, basically, different lewd stuff. The main characters are not children, but students with their adult needs, especially if they happen to have magic at their disposal.

- The player character will act according to your desires. So, he/she can be perverted, romantic, or both. It's up to you.

- We plan to have at least two girls and two guys from each house. Each of them will have personal events, quests, storylines, etc.

You can download it at our Patreon page.
https://www.patreon.com/GreatChicken/posts
Last edited by GCStudio on Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:55 am, edited 12 times in total.
GCStudio

Re: Wands and Witches 0.13

Postby out53 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:41 pm

I'll check it out! I personally don't have much interest in Harry Potter but this looks like a good game. I'll update my post later with my response

Edit: It's a really good game, imo! It has a lot of potential.
Oh. So you can see me? That's nice.
out53

Postby GCStudio » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:13 pm

Thank you! )
GCStudio

Postby danigam » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:29 pm

I eagerly look forward to farther updates
danigam

Postby keradi01 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:13 am

While I'm not that big of a fan of the character models, they aren't that bad, and the concept of the game is really interesting. Got me unusually nostalgic since I used to read the books a lot. I hope to see more come from this project.
keradi01

Postby GCStudio » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:27 pm

Wands and Witches 0.21 Public version

Greetings.

So, the .21 public version of our game is ready. It was a very big job. Now we can say that the skeleton of our game is ready. We already have a sandbox and several events. Everything else will be additions over the sandbox. Now you need 2-3 hours of gameplay to complete all the quests.
We'll hope you like it!
Changes compare to the previous public build are:
- Sandbox mode. You can study, train, improve relationships with the another characters, and look how the NPC does all of that.
- Added ~13,000 words.
- Harry, Astoria Greengrass and three teachers.
- Added seven quests. Still no sex, but there is a nudity, romance and different lewd situations.

Changes compare to BETA build are:
- Dialogue system fixed and improved. New topics added. Now it's much harder to get a negative impact on the relationship during a conversation.
- Starting relations with NPC are rebalanced. Starting to play as Slytherin’s student has become more difficult now, because most of the existing characters in Gryffindor.
- All the backgrounds are drawn now. Four of them are animated.
- Now you can train flights if you don’t want to spend all your time in the library.
- Now you can talk with your owl. Only basic topics so far.
- Added the first step of the new quest.

Check it at our Patreon page!
https://www.patreon.com/GreatChicken
GCStudio

Re: Wands and Witches 0.21 (upd 12/07/2017)

Postby GCStudio » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:03 pm

Wands and Witches 0.21 - what's next?

Well, we released a public version. What next, you ask?

First, we will improve the sandbox. Now it shows only the basic functions. It is necessary to complete the points system. Also we will add a few additional ways to take the time so that the game does not turn into a monotonous grind. And, of course, "money and where to spend it."

As for events, of course we will add new ones. We want to add at least one event to each of the NPCs. Some quests will be continued, for example, Ginny's one. Perhaps you can do something more than just kissing. Also we will start new quests. I hope there will be more of it than in this update.

In addition, we plan to add many mini-events that will diversify the game. Also, it is possible that we will add two more students from other Houses. But this is not certain. As always, our patrons are the first to learn about it. )))
We were told that the gameplay for the Slytherin student is a bit boring, because most of the npcs are in Gryffindor. We will try to do something about it. In addition, we will try to diversify the dialogues in the sandbox.

As for lewdness, certainly its level will increase. However, do not wait for everything at once. We already wrote that we will not hurry up with this.

And finally, about the timing. We will try to release the next version in the middle of January.
Follow the news at our [url='https://www.patreon.com/GreatChicken']Patreon[/url] or [url='http://greatchickenstudio.blogspot.fi/']blog[/url]!
GCStudio

Postby GCStudio » Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:41 pm

Merry Xmas and Happy new year!

We hope that you will continue to play our games in the coming year. In turn, we promise that we will do our best to make games!
GCStudio

Postby GCStudio » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:17 pm

We just released a 0.30alpha version for our 10$ patrons. This is a real alpha with bugs, missing content and bad english ) It's not so alpha as 0.2 alpha, but still....

We've added more than 13,000 words, divided into 11 quests and many small events. Almost all characters has at least one quest for now. Also we added two new students, which you can see in the picture. Of course, there are associated quests. Sandbox mode is improved and new features are added. Now the game has music written specifically for us.

TODO before the 0.3x public release:

- Some minor graphics. The main sprites and background are ready, but some need to be reworked or improved. Also, several details are not ready yet.
- We are plan to add the quddich quest and event line for it.
- Also, we plan to add a small quest with Professor Flitwick.
- English version need to be corrected and proofread. We are extremely grateful to one of our patrons who undertook to do this.

We will release the beta and the public version when we finish this. The expected time frame is 7-10 days.
GCStudio

Re: Wands and Witches 0.32 (upd 1/20/2017)

Postby GCStudio » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:53 pm

So, we made it. Public version of 0.3x is ready.
Main changes compared to 0.2x are:

- added more than 13,000 words, divided into 11 quests and many small events
- added two new students.
- a lot of sandbox mode is improvements.
- added music.

To get most of the quests, you need to develop relationships with other students. Only two quests require a certain skill value for now.

You can download it at our Patreon page:
GCStudio

Re: Wands and Witches 0.32 (upd Jan/20/2018)

Postby GCStudio » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:26 pm

Wands and Witches 0.32b hotfix

We were informed of several uncritical bugs that the players found after the release of the public version. So we decided to release hotfix.
Main changes are:

- The male character no longer loses his "manhood" during the Luna's quest.
- Fixed two bugs in Quidditch's events.
- Several small changes in stability and performance.

You can download it at the release page:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/16507800
GCStudio

Postby GCStudio » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:28 pm

We get the same type of questions from the players. So, we decided to make a mini FAQ about gameplay.
So:

Q) Nothing happens in the game. How can I get the quests?

A) For most of the quests, you must have a high level of relationship with the characters. Typically, the "friend" level is sufficient for the first character's quest.

Q) How can I improve the relationship with the character?

A) You need to talk to him or her. Also, the relationship increases during quests. But I think that you have a problem with getting a quest, isn't it?

Q) I talk to the character, but the relationship does not go up. Or even go down. What should I do?

A) There is no single model of successful conversation. The conversation depends on your stats, the character's relationship to you, your House, and just on your luck.
The main stat you should pay attention to is your character's LOOKS.
Your looks is positively affected by: high charisma, expensive robes, some other items received in the game.
Your looks is negatively affected by: low charisma and the level of your hygiene. If you take a shower rarely, then the surrounding characters don't like it.
Just try not to start conversations, if you current looks is lesser then 8 (higher is better).

Q) What topics improve relationships best?

A) There is no single answer to this question. As a rule, it is best to try a different topics and look at the character's reaction. And do not limit yourself to one topic. If you say what he or she wants to hear, then you can improve your relationship by 2-3 points at once.
GCStudio

Postby GCStudio » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:22 pm

Wands and Witches 0.32c hotfix

We are just released a new hotfix.
Main changes:

- A LOT of text improvements in the English version.

- Gameplay FAQ was intergated into the game menu.

- Fixed another two bugs in Quidditch's events.

You can download it at the release page
https://www.patreon.com/posts/16507800
GCStudio

Postby GCStudio » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:27 pm

We are just release the 0.42 Public version. Main changes from 0.3x are:

- Added 6 new quest, all of them are erotic themed. Two of them included sex scenes.
- Added 14 sandbox events.
- Four new side character.
- Gossiping girls. They can give you a hint about how to get the quest. They can also comment on your achievements. And they can just talk about all sorts of nonsense. Basically, lewd nonsense...
- Now you can be sorted to Rawenclaw or Hufflepuff (you must to play prologue).
- Three new soundracks.
- More then 7500 words.
- Saves from 0.3х are compatible.

If you have not played our game yet, then this version is a good point to start.

GCStudio

Postby GCStudio » Sat May 05, 2018 12:40 pm

So, here it is. Your long-awaited public version. We did it for two months, it's true. But the size of this version is almost twice as average update for our games. 16,000+ words of text are not jokes.

Also in the new version:

- Eight new locations

- Seven new quests, mainly in new locations

- A new secondary character

- Two new soundracks

- The game time is extended until the end of November.

- Redesigned player character's sprites. Now he/she has both hands and lots of poses.

- Added random encouters at dating place.

- Many sandbox improvements

GCStudio

Re: Wands and Witches 0.52 (upd May/05/2018)

Postby danigam » Fri May 11, 2018 9:47 pm

Is a futafication spell a possibility?
danigam

Postby Lex_Liven » Tue May 22, 2018 5:57 am

danigam Wrote:Is a futafication spell a possibility?

It is one of forbidden spells. :)
I'm not sure my english is good, I'm russian. So I'll be please if you will correct me ;) Thank you for understanding.
Lex_Liven

Postby GCStudio » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:08 am

Here is it - the new pubic version.

What's new compared to version 0.52:
- 9000 words of text

- 4 new quests, including one very large

- completion of one of the old quests

- 6 scenes with frame-by-frame animation, 4 for female player character and 2 for male player character

- Two scenes with simple animation

- Three backgrounds were completely redrawn

Also, our Parons already testing new sandbox features. Now you can try them too.

Firstly, the choice of "Praise" topic now ends the conversation, and ALWAYS adds one point of the relationship. You will not be able to select this option if you have already discussed other topics. This is done so that you can quickly develop a relationship if you do not want to choose a lot of topics. If you don't want this, then you can play as before, hoping to get up to 3 points of the relationship instead of a guaranteed one point.

Secondly, we will limit the number of conversations during the daytime. You can talk only once in the morning on weekdays, after which the professor will require silence and begin the lesson. The same will be for the middle of the day, if you are in class. At other times, you can make three conversations, and after the third the next time will come. So you can choose, speak twice and improve your skills, or speak three times.

Thirdly, now there will be an option in some locations to support the conversation in the company. This can bring you points of relationship with everyone who is in the same location.

GCStudio

Re: Wands and Witches 0.62 (upd Aug/10/2018)

Postby GCStudio » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:57 am

Game version updated to 0.62b.
Known bugs fixed.

Link to patreon post:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/20672912
GCStudio

Re: Wands and Witches 0.66 (upd Oct/13/2018)

Postby GCStudio » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:48 am

Wands and Witches 0.66 is out!
So, here is a latest public version! Don't look at the version number - this is a big and significant update. As we wrote earlier, version 0.7x will contain a continuation of the story quest. Even if it can less than this update.

Major changes compared to the previous public build:

- 12k words in eight new quests, and also the completion of one old quest (The game contains 75k words and 43 quests now)

- Six new animated erotic scenes

- Three new backgrounds and two old background was redrawn from scratch

- Eleven new erotic illustrations for random events

- Number of sandbox tweaks. For example, shower now take time, but you will need it less often. Unhygienic procedures now illustrated, but you can trigger it only if your arousal high enough.

- We have made a lot of interface's tweaks and changes. Hope you like it.

- You can select game difficulty now.

Attention! Unfortunately, saves from the old versions is not working now. You're must start a new game. So, if you haven't played our game yet, then this is a good version to start.

GCStudio

Next

Return to Non-Flash Projects