Strive for Power - Fantasy Slave Management game

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Strive for Power - Fantasy Slave Management game

Postby maverickk » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:23 pm

Sorry for not replying much. Reading your feedback carefully. I'll be fixing alchemy ingredients requests at the start of the game (until you progress main quest far enough).

Right now I'm actually working on the new interaction/sex system, which probably gonna take bit more time than I planned, but I believe it should be a great overall addition.
maverickk

Postby Briheas » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:42 pm

I prefer public entertainer to prostitution for flavor reasons as well: I'm managing slaves, not prostitutes.

Though, I find that leveling is much faster than building stats, especially once you get a max library. They only need to study for 2-3 days and they already have enough exp to level up. But building mental stats is a slow process that takes a long time. (Well, I like to have every character have max stats in everything, so I don't mind it so much.)

I've run into a snag in my new game: I adjusted the settings to make 90% of randomly generated characters be male, and now I'm having a hard time finding any females to complete the main quests...
Briheas

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:49 pm

Ah, excellent news!
Take yer time Maverickk; I'll be looking forward to it.
Unless I get any more bright ideas, I'm probably done with this build after Iron Melissa, and after I snag some/all of the rare monstergirls to read their lore.

To Briheas:
I do it the opposite way; I'm fortunate there aren't any/many requests that require males to complete : D
I DID want to have males accompanying Melissa but... well ... that 5% drop-rate I've set for them didn't do that plan too many favours.

I COULD just change it, but I figure I'll just leave the rate the same for all my characters.
With that said, a sex request might be nice to add to Sebastian, and to add to a hypothetical "Special Order section" in the Slavers' guild.
Could do it in a more limited way than Jack-o-Nine so there are limits to what you can request delivered, but you ALSO don't get a situation where your request is so
specific the game is never able to generate it in a million days.
Maybe the more specifics you request the longer the delivery time. But never J9's possible "welp, apparently infinity".

Also, I find it amusing how many things we do the opposite way.
Sex slaves are the best/Slaves, not prostitutes
Preference for more limited numbers/Many slaves is best
Mostly women/mostly men
Go directly for earning money and avoid hunting/Go directly to hunting and discover advantages of earning money later on

Obviously we have similar taste to some extent in videogames, but do you by chance prefer the muscular warrior archetype over the waifish mage?
Last edited by Lucky777 on Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky777

Postby CloudRipper » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:55 pm

Well that kinda sucks about a centralized area for a walkthrough. Hell, even a best way of starting, like what I should do to get it started and going basically on its own would help
CloudRipper

Postby Lucky777 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:00 am

Buy a commoner and engage in public entertainment, or (Lucky approved) Buy an elf for the brothel madam and get the sex stats up for Wimborn prostitution.

Survival problems solved.

Get levels and equipment before going out in the wild (will be easier when the level-blocking problem is solved in a later version).

Death by monster problems ... progressively in the process of being solved.

Just jump in and read all the in-game guide material, though some is slightly off with the new versions I think: the first 50 deaths are a learning experience : D
Lucky777

Postby Briheas » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:14 am

I've always been partial for the mage. Not in this game however, gaining mana is difficult since I don't generally have sex with my slaves (I get most of it from raping defeated bandits and such, since we can't capture them and return them to town for rep gains)

Well, I had played mostly women before. But I like to change things up when I restart. And this time, I had the idea that i was going to make a giant Nereid boy band of public entertainers, and I'd imagine myself to be their manager. Hence the 90% males. I guess I could have gone mostly female for an Idolmaster feel instead, but eh.

If it really becomes a problem, I'll just go into options and change it to 90% female for a bit, then turn it back to males.

BTW, I recommend a mercenary starting class if you want to immediately start adventuring. The 2 long swords and 2 leather armors should be enough to let you survive a trip through the outskirts with 1 other party member.
Briheas

Postby Lucky777 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:21 am

So we WOULD be on the same page with mages, but once again it's turned out the opposite way, since a main DRAW of the game for me was sex-slaves giving mana.

Heh... Hahahahaha

I didn't just say I found it amusing, I'm fuckin' laughing in real life.

Just goes back to what I said about it being awesome the game could successfully accommodate such different playstyles, I guess.

I wish I could come up with another thing I tend to do so I could ask about its opposite, but I'm out of ideas.
Well, anyway.
Good talk y'all, but I gotta fucking go to work in the morning.
Lucky777

Postby musical74 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:57 am

@maverickk

Yes, it's frustrating when they want something that's blocked for awhile, but I have discovered that by saving right before finding out what they need to improve, I can make it be "she needs nature essence" instead of "she needs fluid essence". It's kind of a crummy workaround, but it works OK. I'd rather when you update next that you incorporate our whinings with what you planned to do anyway, and make the game that much better as a result! Outside of the fluid/tainted essence problem I don't have much in the way of complaints, and I like that the game is set up so that there isn't any one way that works; the strategy that Lucky and I use, and the one that Briheas uses both work well! :)
musical74

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:10 am

- Oh right, the energy cost of some actions in combat isn't shown.
In addition to showing our own armour and speed etc conveniently, costs of actions could be shown as well.
That's both mana and energy costs.
Hell, I didn't even KNOW protect cost energy!
Until I needed to do it and one character couldn't do it.
Lucky777

Postby icannotcomeupwithnames » Wed Nov 01, 2017 4:32 am

In regards to Fluid Essences: if combat is to your tastes, just go to the swamp and kill some oozes.

Found that in the wiki, tested it and it works.
icannotcomeupwithnames
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:14 am

I've just seen the post regarding the coming sex system update.

Sounds pretty cool; will you be able to choose between it and a less interactive version, like with "Active" and "Relaxed" sex in Jack-o-Nine?

(Also, if something is "probably not going to happen", the word you're looking for is "Unlikely".
"Unlikeable" is the opposite of "likeable", and basically means the thing described is unpleasant, more than that it is a kinda remote possibility.
The last thing to do with the game might be to have native speakers proof-read it, but I'm sure you'll find lots of Grammar nerds online willing to do it for free : D)
Lucky777

Postby Briheas » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:59 am

From comparing the various characters I have doing public entertaining, it's clear that AGI has the biggest effect on earnings - I would guess each point in AGI increases earnings by 15 gold. The other stats seem to have a much smaller effect. It might increase earnings by 1 gold for every 5 points in the other stats/beauty. It's only really noticeable if you compare a max stat character vs a newly acquired character, where the difference might be 15-20 gold.
Briheas

Postby Lucky777 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:09 pm

That's cool.
In common prostitution, I believe the main factor is endurance, though I confess I've never checked that closely, so I don't have exact numbers.
I've always thought it was nice that the permanent stat investments from levelling gave a significant boost.
Lucky777

Postby Briheas » Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:49 am

Does anyone know how to get snails for the farm? I wanted to try it out, but I have no idea how to get any.
Briheas

Postby Mashugana » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:41 am

Last time I played you encountered them in the spoopy forest and gave them some food to get them to come with you. I think you have to have your farm set up beforehand.
Look, all I'm saying is that Batboy is our lord and savior.
Mashugana

Postby Briheas » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:52 pm

Thank you, I found the snails. Well, one snail at least. I tried to find others, but maybe the RNG gods don't like me.

Regarding the farm, I was hoping I could use it as a place to store rebellious slaves until I could sell them, but it seems like they don't become less rebellious while they're on the farm. Rich and noble characters take waaaay too long to stop being rebellious, and a quick stint on the farm to wait it out and punish them for complaining about their living conditions just seemed like the perfect plan. Oh well.

Seeing as how those on the farm don't use rooms, I suppose I could capture a bunch of low level bandits and stick in there and forget about them. It's probably quite profitable to do that. ...But that somehow feels like I'm crossing the line by doing that.
Briheas

Postby Ashmar » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:05 pm

I have 2 slaves stuck at lvling that just respond with despite your best attempts you can't get more out of <name> a uncomfortable look they are fairy and lamia races have tryed uping class job spec's doing different jobs no luck so far both have natural beauty over 80 and lvl 6 and 4 so don't want to lose them if it is a bug.
thanks
Ashmar
Newly Registered

Postby Mashugana » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:15 pm

That's what I did. Captured a Taurus, used some majorus concoction to give her big hooters, knocked her up and set her in as a cow. Kept breeding more tauruses and turning them into cows and then I had a bunch of milk to sell.

If it makes you feel better, the bandits are probably just you but more vicious and shitty.
Look, all I'm saying is that Batboy is our lord and savior.
Mashugana

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:54 pm

Hahahaha
I mean, you could get the farm upgrades that make it more comfortable.
That way it doesn't increase stress, and in your immersive roleplay you'll be able to feel better about your character.

That said, time passes when they're on the farm, so it'd be nice for their "rebellious" status and low obedience level to improve when they're there.

You could also just use a potion to make slaves non-rebellious as well, buuuuut ... yeah I don't like the whole "mindwipe lol" aspect of that personally, so there's that.

Maybe "Entrance" and "Dominate" have some effect on rebellion?
I don't know.
Never used dominate because it was said to be able to cause the target permanent mental damage.

I just wait 'em out with 'em in the jail.
I usually softrape 'em too (Tell them they're toys and will do as I wish regardless, but then don't actually fuck 'em until I grind up massage-affection consent).
Gives me mana and gives me something fun and immersive to do.
I mean I'm glad the hard-rape option is THERE, and I use it sometimes, don't get me wrong (EG when 100 obedience + sex-unlock somehow doesn't cause consent).
It's just not THAT MUCH my personal thing.

But yeah in my roleplays I generally prefer to focus on the "rehabilitation" aim of punishment as well, and grind bandit obedience to max before selling them.
"Look ma, productive members of society!"
XD
Honestly, if only it was so fucking simple in real life.
Jail time doesn't just make people obedient automatically out here IRL, y'know?
And even if you ARE obedient it doesn't automatically mean you have skills OR access to a sufficient job.
Eeeeeeh.

... I am concerned about slaves being able to "refuse" to work in certain places, though.
That... isn't right, surely?
More stress from brothel work if you're a prude makes sense, but ... slaves? "Refuse"? Just who is the boss again?
And that means you can't absolutely break 'em of the prude trait through exposure.
What a shame.

... Also, on the topic of roleplays, that one time I realised you can keep both Emily AND Tisha fed and safe without wasting time fighting bandits, by just...
not grinding Emily's loyalty, branding Emily, offering to exchange her for Tisha, and then keeping both of them... I had an actual legitimate IRL "Maniacal laughter"
fucking moment. That was fun.
TOO BAD ABOUT THE COMPLETELY FUCKING UNDERSTANDABLE REPUTATION HIT.
But still. It was fun.
I like playing straight honest characters so in my own head I just tend to imagine that I worded the offer very, VERY carefully.
Maybe referring to Emily's wellbeing or best interests instead of her freedom : D

Anyway, on the earlier subject of level-stats increasing performance, I think the cooking performance from agility is pretty impressive.
Hell, instead of 10 per day, if you have a human cook with maxed biologically engineered agility of 5, and maxed commoner int of 75, you only eat 3 food per day!
I may push their rank higher eventually and see what 85 or 95 int does, but Rich and Noble just seem like way too much trouble to have around.
Unless they're ascetics.
May keep an eye out for ascetic slaves in the slave-market during the postgame.

Bugs:
- If you open "Battle Group" to fix your backpack inventory, and then hit "leave to town" in the side tab, the inventory screen stays open. When you hit "close" you
go back into your house.
Maybe you should disable the side-tab on that screen and only on that screen, like it sometimes is on other screens, eg when inside "Gear".

- Sometimes, if you're playing female, girls who don't have penises will ask for permission to put their penis in your pussy.
I just roll with it.
But like ... maybe Iron Melissa wanted an entourage of boys so much she magicked an invisible dick onto some of her girls.
And I mean...
It's not ACTUALLY there in-game, and wasn't put on in the laboratory, so this IS a bug report, but still.
Lucky777

Postby Briheas » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:34 am

I haven't used dominate, but I assume it just causes really high stress. Really high stress causes a mental breakdown, which I think halves their mental stats. It really sucks.

Anyway, by "rebellious", I meant they've already gotten accustomed to my ownership and are civilized, but I still can't sell them for upgrade points because they're "too rebellious". Rich and nobles stay in this state for probably 5-10 turns (I don't really keep track of the time), which I don't mind too much, aside from the fact that they're wasting a room in my mansion. But once they start complaining about their living conditions... I'm just thinking "I don't even want you here, I'm trying to get rid of you". That's the point at which I'd like to kick them down to the farm for a few days, then sell them off once I can.

Anyway, I don't feel good about using the farm because I always roleplay a high alignment character, and I treat all my slaves pretty well. It's one thing to grab bandits and sell them as slaves (it's the only way to get upgrade points), but there are plenty of ways to get money/food.
Briheas

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects