[RPG Maker] Daughter of Essence [New Content Update!]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [RPGMaker][Patreon] Daughter of Essence

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:59 am

Hi everyone!

The free public version of Daughter of Essence has received a sizable version upgrade, from 0.1.1 to 0.4.2a, adding several hours of gameplay, intriguing narrative developments, sexual encounters, and more! To celebrate the milestone, we've uncensored the images in our first post. :mrgreen:

The link to the latest public build is on our patreon: https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

The alpha version has also made a big jump, from version 0.3.1a to version 0.7.2a, which includes exciting new content all the way up through Carvannah, the Desert City!

As always, the weekly build (0.8) was released today and continues fleshing out the city, adding new areas, quests, secrets, fights, and even a little voyeurism!

We have come so far in an incredibly short period of time, and we're so glad for everyone who has come along for the ride so far.

Patch notes Version 0.8 - 11/13/17

-2 New NSFW Scenes! (1 Illustrated, 1 WIP)
-Carvannah Noble District
--Wine Cellar Quest
--Populated with NPCs
--Silver Cards Quest
--Bug Trubs Quest Start
--Alley
-Added Miners’ Dorm in Southern Mining District
-Added Carvannah Nighttime (Huge WIP)
--Added random nighttime Thief encounters to Mining Districts
-Improved object moving events (pushing/pulling)
-Added Moon Bat random encounters to cove after finding calcinator (up to 5)
-Added Essence Refining System with Moon Lee’s calcinator
--Plunder or otherwise obtain “Unrefined Essence”
--Place 3 unrefined essences into Moon’s calcinator to make 1 refined essence
-Added IMP splash screen on start
-Added several puzzles and secret areas to Carvannah
-Re-added missing box at Carvannah Dock
-Slightly tweaked Hallie fight
-Fixed a few tile passability issues in Carvannah
-Fixed a few mapping issues in Carvannah
-Screen now renders full-size on launch instead of after load
-Fixed an issue where portraits were disabled after Moon Spirit battle
-Fixed a few portrait flicker issues

IndoorMinotaur

Re: [RPG Maker] Daughter of Essence [Updates!]

Postby Darthjake » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:03 pm

So how the fuck do you fish? I get the arrows, I got the enter for okay, but backspace does not work for the line arrowing backwards with an x through it, is it delete?
Darthjake

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:18 am

Darthjake Wrote:So how the fuck do you fish? I get the arrows, I got the enter for okay, but backspace does not work for the line arrowing backwards with an x through it, is it delete?

Hey Darthjake, X is just the 'X' key on the keyboard. The escape key would work too, but it's easiest to use X and Z (for OK) or X and Space (also for OK).
IndoorMinotaur

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:17 am

Another week, another patch for patrons, another nsfw scene!

We're continuing to update the game weekly. Interested? Then please try our public build on our patron page: https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Here's this week's patch notes:

Version 0.9 - 11/20/17

• Sleeping Crow changed to Sleeping Frog (to avoid confusion)
  • Added Sleeping Frog Content
  • New NSFW Scene (Written)
  • Added Carvannah Docks Area
  • Added Carvannah Coast
  • Added Boathouse Content
  • Plot Encounter!
  • Added Mine Content
  • Optional Boss!
  • Fixed an NPC pathing issue in Shiveworth that could mean getting trapped when fishing
  • Fixed a blocked path at the Shiveworth docks
  • Fixed an infinite item exploit!
  • Continued balancing restorative items
IndoorMinotaur

Postby Akkin » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:32 pm

I have an error message when I want to follow the captain after the fight on the boat, in the public version.

My backup is imported from a previous version.
Akkin

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:56 pm

Akkin Wrote:I have an error message when I want to follow the captain after the fight on the boat, in the public version.

My backup is imported from a previous version.

Sorry to hear that, and thanks for the report!

If you have any more information about the error message, please let us know. We'll look into it in the meantime, but depending on how old the version of the demo you played was, it might be a save file compatibility issue.

Weekly Build Version 0.10!

Despite the holidays and a cold bad enough to turn my brain inside-out, I've managed to be much more productive than expected!

This week, we bring you version 0.10: THE HALL Edition! We're doing some last-minute tests and will upload the build soon. However, there's good news and bad news. A new plugin we've implemented for special light and weather effects breaks save files. So, for this build and and perhaps a few more builds up to the next alpha, we're uploading two versions: one that has the special lighting & weather features and one that does not. We're hoping in that time that we can find a workaround to get old save files working with the new stuff.

Eventually, we'll be making the upgrade exclusive, however, because continually uploading multiple versions for multiple tiers is going to get out of hand fast. It's a bummer, but it's sort of the nature of the beast when you're constantly adding new content.

Perhaps before then, we'll implement a feature to start at different chapters in the game. We'll figure it out!

Anyway, that's something for the future. For now, version 0.10a has old save compatibility and 0.10b does not, but has fancy firefly effects.

Choose wisely!

Nym - Lead Dev

Version 0.10 11/27/2017

• Updated Night Carvannah aesthetic features
  • Modified exterior tint and overlay effects
  • Added night-lighting to interior and exterior areas
  • Added firefly effects to exterior areas (and tents)!
  • Added fortune-teller’s tent (open at night)
  • Many daytime-only shops now close down at night
  • Added THE HALL (night building)
  • Combat Trials!
  • Prizes!
  • Extremely complicated eventing! D:
  • FINALLY solved AI issue: enemies will correctly prioritize HP-dependant abilities now!
  • Fixed a number of battles
  • Tweaked a few enemies
  • Many miners have new dialogue after The Hall challenges are completed
  • Contextualized nighttime dialogue for more Carvannah citizens
  • Contextualized boat-search dialogue for a few more citizens
  • Finder Encountered (brief scene)
  • Added new restorative items and equipment
  • Started working on revising cooking fires

Not a patron but Interested? Try our public build to see if this is for you! https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur
IndoorMinotaur

Postby YSlayer » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:57 pm

Alright, seeing as you added significant content to the free release I played through it (from the beginning). It's a lot of fun. I was surprised with how much content there is considering how fast you are pumping it out. Sometimes the main character does kind of come across as an edgy bitch but the vast majority of the time is fun to play as. The combat is pretty fun, the character growth is kind of fun but it's sort of hard to tell just how limited essence will be which makes it kind of hard to know if I should be thinking really hard about how I spend it or not. Given plunders description I assume its possible to steal essence from normal enemies but I never managed to get any.

You might wanna consider having diminishing returns on SP spending on a single stat. Feels like theres very little incentive to put points into anything except your favorite stat or at most two and I imagine the worst build would be to spread your stats evenly.

If there was any other complaint I had it's the there have been zero choices relating to sex. All the sex (I've found anyway) has been mandatory and without any mid sex options. If the gameplay layout was completely linear I might understand but the gameplay has a lot of choices like builds or development choices for the cove. Perhaps sexual options open up a bit later on.

These are pretty minor complaints though and overwhelmingly I had a great time playing this. The story was engaging, the world interesting, and the presentation pleasing so I'm looking forward to more.
YSlayer

Postby Bob_larson » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:08 am

I am trying to continue from the demo save in the current public build.
However every time i head under deck i get the text up until "She would need the rest" and then the error "TypeError Cannot read property undefined of undefined"
Anyone know what is happening and how to possibly fix this issue.
Thanks in advance and apologies for the possible bad grammar.
Bob_larson
Newly Registered

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:37 am

Bob_larson Wrote:I am trying to continue from the demo save in the current public build.
However every time i head under deck i get the text up until "She would need the rest" and then the error "TypeError Cannot read property undefined of undefined"
Anyone know what is happening and how to possibly fix this issue.
Thanks in advance and apologies for the possible bad grammar.

Hi Bob, Nym here, lead dev. The TypeError is happening because you are loading a save file from a build that doesn't have a the plugin the game tries to call in the latest build. Unfortunately, I have no way around this issue most of the time I want to add new features. Sorry for the trouble, but for what it's worth, I'll soon be developing a system which allows players to start from farther along.

YSlayer Wrote:Alright, seeing as you added significant content to the free release I played through it (from the beginning). It's a lot of fun. I was surprised with how much content there is considering how fast you are pumping it out. Sometimes the main character does kind of come across as an edgy bitch but the vast majority of the time is fun to play as. The combat is pretty fun, the character growth is kind of fun but it's sort of hard to tell just how limited essence will be which makes it kind of hard to know if I should be thinking really hard about how I spend it or not. Given plunders description I assume its possible to steal essence from normal enemies but I never managed to get any.

You might wanna consider having diminishing returns on SP spending on a single stat. Feels like theres very little incentive to put points into anything except your favorite stat or at most two and I imagine the worst build would be to spread your stats evenly.

If there was any other complaint I had it's the there have been zero choices relating to sex. All the sex (I've found anyway) has been mandatory and without any mid sex options. If the gameplay layout was completely linear I might understand but the gameplay has a lot of choices like builds or development choices for the cove. Perhaps sexual options open up a bit later on.

These are pretty minor complaints though and overwhelmingly I had a great time playing this. The story was engaging, the world interesting, and the presentation pleasing so I'm looking forward to more.

Thanks for your kind words and your suggestions. Increased options for sexual encounters are something we are definitely thinking a lot more about as we develop new systems for tracking encounters (or the absence of encounters). Primarily, as a startup, we are hindered by our budget, so every commission is virtually our entire earnings. You might understand why we are then reluctant to make it avoidable.

As the game goes along, things free up and paths become less linear. But we are also looking into ways Mercy can benefit from abstaining from sexual encounters--a buff of sorts for showing restraint and strength of will. Hopefully these new systems go a little ways towards giving the player a break from sexual encounters they're not interested in until such a time when we can invest into more diverse art options.

Also, Mercy can be a real mean B sometimes. There are some insinuations that she is changing for the worse here and there, and that's another facet we hope to give players control over.

Hey everyone! This week we’ve added a lot of different optional content starting to branch out and add up little by little.

As another aside, we currently have 5 NSFW CGs in development right now. Coming soon once our artists have finished doing their thing!

Don't forget - you can access our public build on our patreon! Tell your friends! https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur
Without further ado: patch notes!

Version 0.11 - 12/4/2017

• Revised & replaced all of Mercy’s portraits (except 1 that needs full rework)
  • Added & replaced several new BGM tracks in Carvannah
  • Added several new cutscenes and events in the city
  • Added Carvannah Infirmary
  • Added new night-time Carvannah NPCs and updated more dialogue contextually
  • Added Carvannah Aqueducts (Under Construction)
  • Added special new secret coastal vendor
  • Added Sigrun, the Shipwright, and her home
  • Added keyboard layout splash on startup
  • Orus learns a new skill at level 8 (if he is already level 8 or higher, resting at the White Rat will teach him the appropriate skill) - Moon Hunters learn: Shred! - Moonguards learn: Guardian! - Moonlights learn: Orbit!
  • Finished Revising Cooking Fires
  • Added cookable monster flanks (that turn into what used to be steak)
  • Made into a common event to simplify future cooking additions!
  • Added “unwanted attention” trackers to different events in Carvannah
  • Added a place to rest in the tent near The Hall
  • Updated Marlan’s sprite and portraits
  • Fixed a shield accidentally requiring coral to purchase in Carvannah
  • Fixed/edited dialogue here and there
  • Fixed a few tile passability issues (trees mostly)
  • Fixed tents playing seaside background sounds (a carryover from the cove)
IndoorMinotaur

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:54 am

Weekly & Alpha Build: v0.12

Hi everyone!

This week we've added some special features! This week's patch features a new system where Mercy can turn down sexual encounters (if they're not your thing) and get skill points rather than essence. Also, we've added a library that lets you look back at the art from the encounters to did choose to participate in. We're doing a special one-time alpha bump and releasing the weekly build and the alpha versions simultaneously! Remember, our current public release is available here: https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur

Patch Notes

• Added the ability to skip directly to the cove in a New Game
  • Choose Mercy's and Orus's specializations
  • Choose Mercy's weapon
  • Start at level 5 with 10 stat points to distribute
  • Start with a handful of restorative items & all plot-related key items
  • Revisit scenes in the new scene library, accessible from the cove throne room
  • Mercy can now choose to abstain from sexual encounters and get rewarded skill points instead of essence!
  • Added special Old Salt & above save files! Includes exclusive equipment, bonus gold and essence, and automatically enables all library scenes implemented thus far
  • Updated cove with new lighting effects
  • Fixed several lines of dialogue in the cove
  • Fixed an issue an image overlay issue in the cove
  • Fixed an issue with Orus's Blitz having the wrong timed attack overlay
  • Updated a few animations
  • Reconciled a few continuity issues in Carvannah with all the simultaneous goings-on
  • Changed essence extracted from scenes to unrefined
  • Made it clearer that the player needs to refine essence at Moon Lee's station
IndoorMinotaur

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:03 am

Weekly Build v0.14! Happy New Year!

Hey everyone, we're hard at work finishing up the latest build, and it feels very fitting to have Carvannah wrapped up and the start of a new chapter in line with the start of a new year.

A number of our commissions were wrapped up and we made a lot of progress on the base-building systems, so I'm happy with today's release.

Here's to a great 2018, and we'll be in touch soon with more news!

Don't forget, our public build is available to download here:https://www.patreon.com/indoorminotaur and we'll be releasing an ALL-NEW, LONGER PUBLIC BUILD this week!

Version 0.14 - 1/1/2018: Happy New Year!

• Added new art to the Mercy/Hallie scene!
  • Added new art to the miners scene!
  • Added new art to the Mercy vibrator scene!
  • Added Carvannah's conclusion and the return to the cove
  • Dalkon's training grounds are now upgradeable and can provide access to all new weapon-based skills
  • Moon's alchemy lab is now upgradeable and can provide access to all new potions & combat mixtures
  • Gertrude's forge is now upgradeable and can provide access to all new armor runes
  • Eva's spellbooks are upgradeable and can provide access to the previously unavailable tier of elemental spells
  • The docks are now upgradeable and offer a great deal of new fishing spots, as well as a regenerating stash of smoked smoothfins & a fishing line
  • The throne room is now upgradeable into a dining hall, which provides some regenerating food stashes & improves morale, a variable that tracks the general happiness of cove residents
  • Cove defenses are now upgradeable & offer cosmetic changes & contributes to a variable that tracks the risk of attack
  • “Swig” now scales partially with the user's agility instead of spirit (agility * 2.5) + (Max HP * 0.25)
  • Extended Cavern Areas now clearable in order to begin making room for new accommodations and base-building elements, excavated items will occasionally appear in chests and the rewards scale based on Mercy's Luck
  • Spear Skill “Moonlight” renamed “Low Tide” to avoid confusion with Orus's specialization
  • Fixed a minor lighting issue in the expanded cove tunnels
IndoorMinotaur

Re: [RPG Maker] Daughter of Essence [Big Update 1-2-18!]

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:26 am

Hi everyone, just wanted to stop by to announce that our latest public build just went live! As always, the link to the download is at the very top of our Patreon.

It's a huge update, and we hope everyone enjoys. Below are a few (resized) screenshots of what you might expect to encounter!

IndoorMinotaur

Postby kvier » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:38 am

Couple bugs I've found:
* Regardless of whether you gave into the essence with Captain Bell, he still says he
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

"fucked your ass, girl"

* Something seems to be wrong with trying to heal Poppy; even when I have enough SPI to get the "better" version of events, I still get the "mediocre" version after combat plays out. And inspecting a save file afterwards shows that
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

the "SPI Variable" variable is null and the "First Aid Check" variable is 0. Because the variable is "mat", not "matk".
I'm also curious why you're using javascript fragments to load the PC's properties; the SET VARIABLE command should equally well support loading character properties.
kvier

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:37 am

Thank you for the bug reports, Kvier, I'll make sure to fix those up asap. Part of the reason I'm using javascript fragments to check Mercy's stats is because the in-built command only turns up the total character stats, and in some instances, I wanted to omit certain gear bonuses for checks.
IndoorMinotaur

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:04 pm

Hi folks, version 0.15 released and fixes a ton of bugs, adds some new content, and revamps some systems. We're beginning a new chapter in Daughter of Essence, so we hope to see you around!

You can find the patch notes here:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/weekly-build-0-16300401
IndoorMinotaur

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:03 pm

Hello again, folks, we return this week with another new public release, as well as the latest weekly & alpha builds!

We're working on the new Witchdale chapter going forward, which is coming along great. This will be the last public build for a little while, until the next chapter is entirely completed, so IF you find yourself enjoying what we have so far, definitely come and check out our weekly or alpha builds as well.

Until next time, enjoy!

Patch notes for the latest build:
Version 0.16 - 1/15/2018
    Added new ship scene with NSFW option
    Added all ship interior maps
    Added the Witchdale coastal maps and cavern networks
    Added the Witchdale and Witchdale market exterior maps
    Revised the Mercy & Elijah scene
    Revised the Sleeping Frog scene
    Updated Elijah's portrait
    Fixed a continuity issue with Bell’s dialogue if you resist essence
    Fixed a javascript error when tending to Poppy’s wounds
    Fixed a picture overlay issue in the Carvannah square (finally!)
    Fixed the disappearing proprietor in Sleeping Frog
    Updated several plugins for compatibility
IndoorMinotaur

Postby DuelingShade » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:08 am

So I'm at the beginning of the game trying to do the quest where the magician detective asks you to fish up an antler for him. I've fished in all the fishing spots and they've all disappeared and I still haven't gotten an antler. Am I missing something? Also I know It's been mentioned before but why in the world are the enemies at the beginning so hard? I can't beat the leaf spirit without using a tentacle and two mushrooms. It's absurd and far too difficult at a point in the game where you can't grind for experience or gold. Speaking of which, why can't I grind for experience or gold at the beginning of the game? That's like the first thing you do in any rpg. It's tradition!
DuelingShade
Newly Registered

Postby kvier » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:34 pm

It's not called an antler, if that helps.

At least in both versions 11.5 and 14.5, the horn should appear only in one location (lower left corner of the "shore" map), should be found 2/3 of the time you go fishing in that location, and unlike other fishing locations shouldn't disappear until you've actually retrieved the horn.

Combat at the very beginning of the game is difficult. After playing around a bunch I chose to use the axe each new start; the extra 300HP are just that big of a factor.
kvier

Postby DuelingShade » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:00 am

Thanks, it seems I was just missing that fishing spot. I noticed that when you wake up in the captain's quarters on the boat, there is a spot on the table with papers on them that you can walk into. It's not a big deal just thought I should mention it. Also the first time you control Orus (for the one fight right after you get on the boat) he has 700 sp to spend. I didn't spend them right away hoping to allocate them later when I had a better idea of his skills, but when he properly joined the party later, all that sp was gone.
DuelingShade
Newly Registered

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:35 am

DuelingShade Wrote:Thanks, it seems I was just missing that fishing spot. I noticed that when you wake up in the captain's quarters on the boat, there is a spot on the table with papers on them that you can walk into. It's not a big deal just thought I should mention it. Also the first time you control Orus (for the one fight right after you get on the boat) he has 700 sp to spend. I didn't spend them right away hoping to allocate them later when I had a better idea of his skills, but when he properly joined the party later, all that sp was gone.

Hi there, thanks for the bug reports. We'll make sure to get those fixed up before the next build. And thanks also to kvier for answering a question before we had a chance to get to it.

Weekly Build v0.17!

Hi everyone, we've been working on a lot of stuff that isn't quite ready to show off with this build, including the entire overworld (which is very big) and some art pieces/new systems, so this release will seem small in comparison.

As for what, PRECISELY, is coming up... let's just say Moon's got a new potion to try out:

https://t.co/uUwBID9liQ

Here are the notes for version 0.17. Hope you guys like the changes and improvements.

Version 0.17 - 1/22/2018

Made the entire Overworld Map (currently inaccessible)
Added new enemy encounters to the Witchdale passage
Added new Witchdale cliffs area & optional boss encounter
Added new weapons and armor to the game database
Added new Dietrich scene art
Created dozens of new character sprites to begin filling out Witchdale
Revised some dialogue in Shiveworth to be less wordy
Revised goblinfish & leaf spirit encounters to allow fleeing in Shiveworth
Revised choice menus in Shiveworth for continuity (and symmetry)
Extended fishing time windows for some catches
+20 frames for smoothfins
+20 frames for random items
+30 frames for littlesnoots
+10 frames for hogfish
Fixed AI for bats and fire wisps
Fixed some tile passability issues in Witchdale
Fixed connecting passages between Witchdale cave areas
IndoorMinotaur

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects