Harlot's Path: No download required!

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Harlot's Path: No download required!

Postby SlingBang » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:23 pm

Hi, My name is SlingBang and I've made a short Adult RPG using RPG Maker MV: Harlot's Path. I'm guessing this is where I post?

I made the game: Harlot's Path, to learn how to use RPG Maker MV. I eliminated the pointless dungeons, monsters, trash-mob battles and made a compact map design so the filesize is only 70MB. Also, it is uploaded to Newgrounds so you can just play it online. No downloading or installing RPG Maker assets at all!

The teaser image showing the sex scenes from the game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/f67 ... 87ebc0b672

Sex Events have multiple (up to 50) layers for clothing, faces, cumshots that unlock as Harlot's level increases.
6 Finished Sex Events.
7 Sex-Spells to learn over 15 Levels.
3~4 hours of gameplay.
New Content added at start of each month (at least until Jan 2018)

Play the game online: Use Chrome. It works wonderfully for most people. Firefox has serious lagging issues. No idea why.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/699111

If the browser version won't work try the Windows Download Version:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/12d ... 2700dc2900

The game is 100% free but if you want to donate to be nice:
https://www.patreon.com/SlingBang
Last edited by SlingBang on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SlingBang
Newly Registered

Re: Harlot's Path: No download required!

Postby Darthjake » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:41 pm

You may have taken the grind of pointless dungeons, but I played about 13 days I think and buying bread and water and shrooms to get more sex-perience I was no closer to buying a permit from the guard. The day pass you get from the flower girl does not allow you to go in the houses, and hence no jobs in the village. Exp is slow and even with buying items to keep my stats up, I was usually 1 or so points away from the "best" sex endings.

Now I could be doing something wrong, but it seemed just too grindy for me. Also, I normally like newgrounds, and while this computer is nowhere near cutting edge, the game was very, very laggy. Laggy to the point that clicking where to go and to get rid of dialog boxes caused me to click on a bush and exhaust myself, incurring a nice 10 coin penalty.

This game, has potential I think but you might want to tweak it some more for non patrons, because if they try it and are frustrated, they probably be hesitant to check out your patreon page.

Anyway, good luck!
Darthjake

Postby AcetheSuperVillain » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:07 am

In the intro, I wouldn't bother telling the player that "HP is Energy" and "MP is Seduction". Since you explain what these are used for anyways, it's just a waste of words.

The lag is pretty annoying. I'm not sure what's going on there, but maybe there's some sort of parallel process that's happening at all times slowing down MV.

The artwork is not great. I might be willing to put up with the game for longer if I thought the artwork would be better, but for what's there, I quit pretty quickly.
AcetheSuperVillain

Postby SlingBang » Tue Sep 19, 2017 2:45 pm

For me, the lag seems to be on Firefox. Chrome works well as does the Windows Download. My limited research suggests it it a gpu or directX driver. I am not an expert so can't offer computer solutions. I f the browser version won't work try the Windows Download Version:
http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/12d ... 2700dc2900

About 'grinding' the days at the farm. It it not necessary to do that. You only need to work 5 days to get the Axe and the Day Pass. If you search around under logs, in cracks, and in vases, you will find almost 100 Coins. You can also sell Flowers to the Merchant to raise cash (but you won't get one of the Medals). The guard sells the Village Entry pass for $150. Should be possible by the 6th~10th day. After having sex with Anno, talk to the Farm Guard to get the House repair jobs and you could be finished the game by the 15th~20th, having unlocked all 6 sex events and gotten all 33 Medals. There is a fair bit of info in the comments on Newgrounds, however, I will write a walkthrough and post it as well to help out.
SlingBang
Newly Registered

Postby erana » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:59 am

How do you kill the Major's wife?
erana
Newly Registered

Postby operasingeronwednesday » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:47 pm

Alright so I'll be honest. The actual game play and the story are fun. I actually enjoyed getting and fixing up your little house as well as trying to uncover your fathers identity. The little side quests are also interesting, and finding....certain things leads to more questions and intriguing options later.

The different choices during the scenes that change it subtly are interesting as well. The character portraits/art in the text boxes are simple, and get the job done well.

I enjoyed the secret areas, and other things of that nature.

One thing I do not understand is a spoiler so I'll just be vague. At the end of the game you get some information regarding your potential father, and it causes Harlot some distress, which I get except for the fact that she's done the same sort of thing with her brother so I don't really get the impact here. It's not on the same level, but I mean. I don't know it just seems off.

I'll be honest. My biggest issues are with the actual sex scenes themselves. The animations are...not great? The best one in terms of looks is actually the one with her brother. I freely admit that maybe this is just an art style thing I don't understand but they strike me as the biggest detractor. Also the moans for the men all seem to be about the same. Same for her. So maybe variations on that. So yeah the sex scenes were mostly the most unsexy thing in the game. I still played it a lot in spite of that, but I just wanted to mention it even though it could just be me.

Still a fun game though.
operasingeronwednesday
Newly Registered

Postby MegaPlayboy » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:55 pm

Just wanted to drop a comment and say that Bach's "Air" is a fantastic piece that you used in this. I actually converted the sheets into MIDI and made it 8-bit in my game (https://www.kongregate.com/games/soulja ... -existence). You can grab the audio from it if you're interested.

I'll add that Chrome use is steadily dropping and Firefox use has sharply risen as of late and is projected to increase, becoming the most-used browser in late 2018. Definitely try to optimize for it.
"Thank you Mega-playboy! You make us complete and we will love you forever!!"
MegaPlayboy

Postby tontoman » Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:39 am

MegaPlayboy Wrote:Just wanted to drop a comment and say that Bach's "Air" is a fantastic piece that you used in this. I actually converted the sheets into MIDI and made it 8-bit in my game (https://www.kongregate.com/games/soulja ... -existence). You can grab the audio from it if you're interested.

I'll add that Chrome use is steadily dropping and Firefox use has sharply risen as of late and is projected to increase, becoming the most-used browser in late 2018. Definitely try to optimize for it.

You have a link for that stat? Because first I've heard of it, and would be one of the bigger market turn arounds ever. Even Chrome didn't take over in a year.
tontoman

Postby erana » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:20 am

Playing latest version (1.97b), stuck trying to getthe scuba mask. Any help?
erana
Newly Registered

Postby littlemisshoneyvixen » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:59 pm

Just showing some love -keep it up!
littlemisshoneyvixen

Return to Non-Flash Projects