[Cancelled][Ren'py] Leaf on Fire

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [Ren'py] Leaf on Fire v0.0.6 (Patreon) (Oct 10th 2017)

Postby Justanotherguy2 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:36 pm

Cool, happy you that you taken my feedback, and that I can provide feedback. Really loving the project, and can't wait for the next public update.
Justanotherguy2

Postby FMC » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:38 pm

A tidbit I'd like to say about the moves thing -- it's been shown in the anime, and even games recently, that pokemon don't need moves to do something that comes naturally to them -- a Lapras doesn't need Surf to actually, y'know, surf. Or a Fearow doesn't need Fly to fly. In the games, like has been said, it's probably just to limit players from being OP, but in the shows, there hasn't been shown a limit to what a pokemon can do in terms of moves.

To put it simply, I wouldn't mind if pokemon did things that aren't in their movelist, but make sense. A Spearow pecking you, for instance, makes sense even without the move because it's a bird. :P And if you want to take it farther, you could let us do HM stuff as soon as we get a badge to do it, without forcing us to have the move on a pokemon as long as that pokemon is naturally able to do that HM. Would let you experiment with how you want sex scenes to go, too. I would think it'd be kind of interesting if you could teach a pokemon a "sex move" that it normally wouldn't think of using -- such as "Tie up" for Caterpie using its string shot or something.
FMC

Postby ThunderOne » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:08 am

FMC Wrote:A tidbit I'd like to say about the moves thing -- it's been shown in the anime, and even games recently, that pokemon don't need moves to do something that comes naturally to them -- a Lapras doesn't need Surf to actually, y'know, surf. Or a Fearow doesn't need Fly to fly. In the games, like has been said, it's probably just to limit players from being OP, but in the shows, there hasn't been shown a limit to what a pokemon can do in terms of moves.

To put it simply, I wouldn't mind if pokemon did things that aren't in their movelist, but make sense. A Spearow pecking you, for instance, makes sense even without the move because it's a bird. :P And if you want to take it farther, you could let us do HM stuff as soon as we get a badge to do it, without forcing us to have the move on a pokemon as long as that pokemon is naturally able to do that HM. Would let you experiment with how you want sex scenes to go, too. I would think it'd be kind of interesting if you could teach a pokemon a "sex move" that it normally wouldn't think of using -- such as "Tie up" for Caterpie using its string shot or something.

That's a cool suggestion, especially about the HMs. I always hated that you basically need a useless Pokemon in your party just as HM slave or you have to cripple some of your main pokes putting HMs like Cut on them. When I was reading I also just thought about having an image of the Punkmon using the Hm, like Leaf on top of the flying Punkmon. It'll be very funny with the smaller ones, like Zubat for example, haha.

About the sex scenes, I removed the need to have the move in 0.0.6. The scenes are just level dependent now. I still want the scenes to unlock as you progress to give the feeling of rewarding, you know?So tying them to level is just fine. About not tying them to specific moves, it's not really an impendiment. More of an inspiration if anything, because the moves give me ideas on how I could do the scene. Most of the moves don't limit the scene in any way because they are just a small part of it most of the time. As an example, the Rattata's "Quick Attack" could've been basically anything I wanted, like penetration, blowjob or even just him attacking Leaf. There is lots of possibilities for a given move, they just give me ideas. What really limits me from doing more scenes atm is time and work needed to be honest, because there is a lot of Punkmon to do and I can't work full time on this yet, sadly. So I try to stop myself from spending too much time on a given Punkmon.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions!
ThunderOne

Re: [Ren'py] Leaf on Fire v0.0.8 (Patreon) (Nov 11th 2017)

Postby ThunderOne » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:32 pm

v0.0.8 released on patreon!
ThunderOne

Re: [Ren'py] Leaf on Fire v0.0.8 (Patreon) (Nov 18th 2017)

Postby Iwo » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:24 pm

Well, scenes were hilarious LOL. Especially Pikachu ;)
Iwo

Re: [Ren'py] Leaf on Fire v0.0.8 (Patreon) (Nov 18th 2017)

Postby ThunderOne » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:30 pm

Iwo Wrote:Well, scenes were hilarious LOL. Especially Pikachu ;)

Thanks, I try to keep some degree of comedic relief as a reminder for people to not take this too seriously, haha.
ThunderOne

Re: [Ren'py] Leaf on Fire v0.0.9 (Public) (Dec 12th 2017)

Postby ThunderOne » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:23 am

v0.0.9 is now public!
ThunderOne

Postby Megami » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:06 pm

ThunderOne Wrote:v0.0.9 is now public!

having sex with pikachu gives an error

Code: Select All Code
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/scripts/maps/wild.rpy", line 247, in script call
  File "game/scripts/hscenes.rpy", line 22, in script call
  File "game/scripts/poke/025.rpy", line 7, in script
  File "game/scripts/poke/025.rpy", line 9, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/classes/poke.rpy", line 218, in isMovePossible
  File "game/scripts/pokedb.rpy", line 79, in isMovePossible
StopIteration:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/scripts/maps/wild.rpy", line 247, in script call
  File "game/scripts/hscenes.rpy", line 22, in script call
  File "game/scripts/poke/025.rpy", line 7, in script
  File "censoredpath\LeafonFire-0.0.9-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1459, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set)
  File "censoredpath\LeafonFire-0.0.9-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 828, in menu
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition) ]
  File "censoredpath\LeafonFire-0.0.9-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1749, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "censoredpath\LeafonFire-0.0.9-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1743, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/scripts/poke/025.rpy", line 9, in <module>
  File "game/scripts/classes/poke.rpy", line 218, in isMovePossible
  File "game/scripts/pokedb.rpy", line 79, in isMovePossible
StopIteration:

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.99.12.4.2187
Leaf on Fire 0.0.9
Megami

Postby ThunderOne » Sun Dec 24, 2017 9:34 pm

Megami Wrote:
ThunderOne Wrote:v0.0.9 is now public!

having sex with pikachu gives an error

Oh, my bad. Looks like I changed something I shouldn't. I'm actually surprised nobody else noticed it, haha.
Thank you for reporting it!
ThunderOne

Re: [Ren'py] Leaf on Fire v0.0.9 (Public) (Dec 19th 2017)

Postby Mavar4ik » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:23 pm

It's quite interesting so far.
Mavar4ik
Newly Registered

Re: [Ren'py] Leaf on Fire v0.1 (Public) (Feb 12th 2018)

Postby ThunderOne » Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:38 am

v0.1 is now public!
ThunderOne

Re: [Ren'py] Leaf on Fire v0.1.1 (Patreon) (Feb 21st 2018)

Postby ThunderOne » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:56 am

v0.1.1 released on Patreon!
Last edited by ThunderOne on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThunderOne

Postby Jiktaq » Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:06 am

Everytime I got to anything involving the new public release, there's either blocked content or a missing file report
Jiktaq

Postby SterlingArcher » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:33 am

how can it be 0.1.1 public release if the Public Release is actually for Patroens only?
SterlingArcher

Postby ThunderOne » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:37 pm

Jiktaq Wrote:Everytime I got to anything involving the new public release, there's either blocked content or a missing file report

It's probably something associated with your computer, since nobody reported something similar until now, and it's been up for more than a week.
Since you are missing files I would guess the game didn't extract correctly or the download got corrupted. Try reinstalling and then re-downloading if that doesn't work.
If you post the exact error message you are getting I can try to help you trace and fix the problem.

SterlingArcher Wrote:how can it be 0.1.1 public release if the Public Release is actually for Patroens only?

Sorry, my mistake. The 0.1.1 just released for Patreon. The 0.1 is the public build. I fixed the OP already. Thanks.
ThunderOne

Postby SterlingArcher » Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:12 am

now that was just false hope that this moment of time XDD it is like... oh... Free to public... "Click" wait... what? XD come one u cant just do that to us get our hopes up and just take it away XD makes me wanna Cry
SterlingArcher

Postby savilian » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:57 am

So, is there pregnancy system in the future?
savilian

Postby ThunderOne » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:46 pm

SterlingArcher Wrote:now that was just false hope that this moment of time XDD it is like... oh... Free to public... "Click" wait... what? XD come one u cant just do that to us get our hopes up and just take it away XD makes me wanna Cry

Haha, sorry, I didn't mean to. But don't worry, It'll become public in about 9 days.

savilian Wrote:So, is there pregnancy system in the future?

Yes, it's planned. It'll probably work as if Leaf were a Ditto. I don't have a date for it yet, though.
ThunderOne

Re: [Ren'py] Leaf on Fire v0.1.2 (Public) (Mar 21st 2018)

Postby ThunderOne » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:55 pm

v0.1.2 is now public!
ThunderOne

Re: [Ren'py] Leaf on Fire v0.1.2 (Public) (Mar 21st 2018)

Postby FMC » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:12 am

Hm. If there's pregnancy planned, then is there a way to either 'opt out' of it, or otherwise be able to not see the scenes (like birth control items)? I mean, I won't quit playing the game if it's in there, but I don't have much of a fetish for it.
FMC

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects