SEX QUEST (RPG Maker MV, v0.14.3)(CHAPTER 14 complete)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: SEX QUEST (RPG Maker MV, v0.13.1)(CHAPTER 13 complete!)

Postby Sunly » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:45 am

i found some bug after finishing fake adventurer quest
most marker and name tag on character disappear
Sunly
Newly Registered

Postby hornyninja » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:22 pm

Please clarify. The quest where you find the counterfeiter in the slummy village filled with war sword thugs?
Come check out my silly Sex Quest! ^_^
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby Sunly » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:30 am

hornyninja Wrote:Please clarify. The quest where you find the counterfeiter in the slummy village filled with war sword thugs?

it seem to fix itself after i talk to kimiko

found another one
i got a blank character when sylvia joined as a guest
class is hero no name wiht two skill

I should also add i am using a save from 0.12
and move it to 0.13
It seem that it didnt add the new character into it when i load my 0.12 save
Sunly
Newly Registered

Postby hornyninja » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:33 am

Sunly Wrote:found another one
i got a blank character when sylvia joined as a guest
class is hero no name wiht two skill

I should also add i am using a save from 0.12
and move it to 0.13
It seem that it didnt add the new character into it when i load my 0.12 save

I...am not sure how to solve this. This sounds like an issue with your files. If you want me to take a look feel free to pm me your save files so I can take a look.

I fixed the other issue you mentioned.
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby Sunly » Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:39 am

well i'll wait for a few more update and replay the whole thing then
you should also the update the link on your blog
it go to version 0.12 instead of 0.13
which was what caused this in the first place
Sunly
Newly Registered

Postby antrox88 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:11 pm

hey hornyninja can you check and see what is the problem with the Marigold town i can't enter it i just finish aqua town
antrox88
Newly Registered

Postby espguy » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:26 am

Hey I lost my old save, does anyone have an walktrough so I can try to retrace in a fast way on a new save?
espguy
Newly Registered

Postby hornyninja » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:14 pm

Quick impromptu update:
Hi all!! Sorry these updates are taking longer than normal. Part 2 of Chapter 13 is finished and ready for pre release testing.

I am still open to new eager testers applying so just message me if you interested!

I will be addressing any issues reported here and creating a test version on the weekend since i will be busy for halloween.

Look forward to the mount gem section! :D

espguy Wrote:Hey I lost my old save, does anyone have an walktrough so I can try to retrace in a fast way on a new save?

As far as I know there is no official walkthrough on Sex Quest. Sorry =/
If there is anything you want more info for gameplay I can help!

antrox88 Wrote:hey hornyninja can you check and see what is the problem with the Marigold town i can't enter it i just finish aqua town

What part of the game are you at? If it is your first time going to Marigold there shouldn't be anything stopping you. After crossing the bridge southwest of New Jewel Capital enter the giant town and it gives you the prompt.

After the Lust Eruption and Mary joins, the Harem Party will refuse to go back to Marigold Town for a while. It will be available again after coming back from the Zyn Wilds and Collie joins.
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Re: SEX QUEST (RPG Maker MV, v0.13.3)(CHAPTER 13, part 2)

Postby hornyninja » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:13 am

New update, new place to visit. Not much else to say. Hope you all enjoy!

With everything going on and the holidays approaching, part 3 of Chapter 13 may have to wait until 2020. But hopefully this part was worth the wait. :D

Also. Autosave is now a thing! Big thanks to tester Kvier for fixing the code to make this possible!

After thinking it over, I decided I will make most but not all of the New Jewel regions able to revisit after the upcoming Sapphire Council meeting, depending on the results.

The main 10 oligarchy investments will not be available after the Sapphire Council though. And there will be more investment opportunities in Sapphire City, so save some profits from this section for that. :)

I think that’s all. Enjoy Mount Gem! Land of the dwarves and origin of steampunk technology.
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby antrox88 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:40 pm

hey hornyninja can you pls make a discord or a patreon so we can contact you faster if we find a bug or need help in a part of the game
antrox88
Newly Registered

Postby hornyninja » Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:48 am

antrox88 Wrote:hey hornyninja can you pls make a discord or a patreon so we can contact you faster if we find a bug or need help in a part of the game

Do you have a question about the game I can help with?

PM'ing me here or posting to the forum is the best place to contact me about the game. I check the forum at least weekly in between updates.

I have considered the idea of a Patreon but Sex Quest is just a silly hobby of mine I've chosen to share with the world. Idk if I have the time to make it a fully funded project currently. It takes 2+ months just for a single update. The added pressure of having sponsors does not appeal to me. Having a Patreon would mean possibility for more custom artwork but I won't make a Patreon if no one is willing to support it.

As for a Discord...I'm not against the idea, but I use Discord so rarely. I would probably check it as often as I do here...

If I hear more demand for these I will consider it :)
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby Aeron » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:49 pm

Hi, really enjoy the game, but when i start the Mount Gem section, Fiona turns invisible in both gameplay, inventory icon and cutscenes. When i go into inn, she instead turns into Rakshivah's icon. I can still interract with stuff, just can't see the character.
Aeron
Newly Registered

Postby antrox88 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 11:15 pm

hey i'm stuck in grand emerald tree and cant find the way to get to the queens i tried all dors https://gyazo.com/35540ceee088d676adbccd9ecc50c224 https://gyazo.com/73d72c9c09bfed8e9abe39dc8ddba907
antrox88
Newly Registered

Postby hornyninja » Wed Nov 20, 2019 12:59 am

antrox88 Wrote:hey i'm stuck in grand emerald tree and cant find the way to get to the queens i tried all dors https://gyazo.com/35540ceee088d676adbccd9ecc50c224 https://gyazo.com/73d72c9c09bfed8e9abe39dc8ddba907

There is only one doorway you need to go through and it will be when all other paths have been blocked off. The throne chamber is through a set of double doors in the top right corner of the map. You will know because the path behind you will close behind you leaving only the entrance to the thrones. All of the other doorways are looping paths that do not help.

Here is a crudely drawn map to help illustrate. Good luck ^_^
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Aeron Wrote:Hi, really enjoy the game, but when i start the Mount Gem section, Fiona turns invisible in both gameplay, inventory icon and cutscenes. When i go into inn, she instead turns into Rakshivah's icon. I can still interract with stuff, just can't see the character.

I cannot replicate your problem on my end. It sounds like Fionna's sprite sheet is not loaded in your character folder. It should be located at:

Sex Quest 0.13.3\www\img\characters (PC version)
Sex Quest 0.13.3 mac\Game.app\Contents\Resources\app.nw\img\characters (MAC Version)

Try redownloading the link from here? I downloaded a fresh copy and the file is there and fionna appears in my game as intended. Is there a specific part she is not appearing at?
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby Aeron » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:26 am

hornyninja Wrote:
antrox88 Wrote:hey i'm stuck in grand emerald tree and cant find the way to get to the queens i tried all dors https://gyazo.com/35540ceee088d676adbccd9ecc50c224 https://gyazo.com/73d72c9c09bfed8e9abe39dc8ddba907

There is only one doorway you need to go through and it will be when all other paths have been blocked off. The throne chamber is through a set of double doors in the top right corner of the map. You will know because the path behind you will close behind you leaving only the entrance to the thrones. All of the other doorways are looping paths that do not help.

Here is a crudely drawn map to help illustrate. Good luck ^_^
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Aeron Wrote:Hi, really enjoy the game, but when i start the Mount Gem section, Fiona turns invisible in both gameplay, inventory icon and cutscenes. When i go into inn, she instead turns into Rakshivah's icon. I can still interract with stuff, just can't see the character.

I cannot replicate your problem on my end. It sounds like Fionna's sprite sheet is not loaded in your character folder. It should be located at:

Sex Quest 0.13.3\www\img\characters (PC version)
Sex Quest 0.13.3 mac\Game.app\Contents\Resources\app.nw\img\characters (MAC Version)

Try redownloading the link from here? I downloaded a fresh copy and the file is there and fionna appears in my game as intended. Is there a specific part she is not appearing at?

The sprite is in the file and I can see her in previous sections just fine, she just turns invisible as soon as I start the new section, from the dwarf gateguards scene. I tried re-downloading, but it did nothing.
Aeron
Newly Registered

Postby hornyninja » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:06 am

Aeron Wrote:The sprite is in the file and I can see her in previous sections just fine, she just turns invisible as soon as I start the new section, from the dwarf gateguards scene. I tried re-downloading, but it did nothing.

The player image is not being affected by an event script. All actors except Fionna are removed at the gate scene. Fionna is only changed to none during the moving train cutscenes but is reset when transferred.

It sounds like something is wrong with how your game is handling Fionna as the only actor in the party. I can add player change scripts in the intro and make it so the player is constantly appearing as Fionna in Gemril. That's the only fix I can think to try for you.

If anyone else is having this issue or if there are other fixes I need to make I will post a quick fixed update before the holidays. Otherwise, please wait for the next release when this fix will be included.
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby antrox88 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:50 pm

hornyninja Wrote:
Aeron Wrote:The sprite is in the file and I can see her in previous sections just fine, she just turns invisible as soon as I start the new section, from the dwarf gateguards scene. I tried re-downloading, but it did nothing.

The player image is not being affected by an event script. All actors except Fionna are removed at the gate scene. Fionna is only changed to none during the moving train cutscenes but is reset when transferred.

It sounds like something is wrong with how your game is handling Fionna as the only actor in the party. I can add player change scripts in the intro and make it so the player is constantly appearing as Fionna in Gemril. That's the only fix I can think to try for you.

If anyone else is having this issue or if there are other fixes I need to make I will post a quick fixed update before the holidays. Otherwise, please wait for the next release when this fix will be included.

Hey hornyninja i have the same problem i don't see Fionna at the gate,train or in town
antrox88
Newly Registered

Postby kvier » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:29 am

Aeron, would you mind sharing your last save game from the meeting room before Fionna leaves?
kvier

Postby Aeron » Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:55 am

kvier Wrote:Aeron, would you mind sharing your last save game from the meeting room before Fionna leaves?

Here you go. Just change the extention.
Attachments
file7.txt
(119.46 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
Aeron
Newly Registered

Postby kvier » Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:16 am

Cool, I can reproduce your bug from your save. Fionna's face shows up for me, but her walking sprite is missing.

In my game, in the meeting room, Actor #25 is undefined. When I start Fionna's story, Actor #25 gets initialized from Fionna's entry in the RPGMV database. In your game, in the meeting room, Actor #25 is defined and full of empty definitions (i.e. no sprite, default stats, no name, &c.). So when she's added to the party, nothing is copied over. Finally, if I start a brand new game, actor #25 is defined and contains Fionna's stats. (However! All other currently-unallocated actors, #26-#79 are also defined and should tickle this problem in the future)

Uh... ok, so the save game contains the Actor database at the time of the same. This code in the RPGMV runtime:
Code: Select All Code
Game_Actors.prototype.actor = function(actorId) {
    if ($dataActors[actorId]) {
        if (!this._data[actorId]) {
            this._data[actorId] = new Game_Actor(actorId);
        }
        return this._data[actorId];
    }
    return null;
};
is what copies data from the database to the active game... but only the original data was undefined.
So, great, there's an engine bug.

Hornyninja: I just tested, this is NOT due to the autosave plugin. This is a bug in a different plugin.
Since I'm bad at deleting things:
This bug is NOT present in Sex Quest v0.10.1. It IS present in v0.12.0.
The only differences in the runtime between these two versions are: 0.12.0 additionally has the following plugins: HIME_ActorBattleCommands, YEP_ItemCore, YEP_Taunt, YEP_X_ItemRequirements.
This is explicitly a bug in YEP_ItemCore, because this code in it:
DataManager.independentItemIsUsed = function(item) {
    if ($gameParty.numItems(item) > 0) return false;
    for (var i = 0; i < $dataActors.length; ++i) {
      var actor = $gameActors.actor(i); // <---- this line right right here
      if (!actor) continue;
      if (actor.equips().contains(item)) return true;
    }
    return false;
};
will initialize the database for all characters. It needs to use _data, not actor, in order for it to NOT initialize the entry for yet-unused characters.

Ok, so that's what's wrong. How to fix existing save games? Manually, obviously, but that sucks.

First, can we fix the ItemCore plugin? Yes, it requires the following:
1- On four separate lines, $gameActors.actor(i) must be replaced with $gameActors._data[ i ]
2- On two separate lines, $dataActors.length should be replaced with $gameActors._data.length

Secondly, after we've fixed ItemCore, can we automatically clean up the $gameActors database so that it's not polluted with all of these incorrect entries? There's no abstraction provided by the runtime, but this code worked for me on Aeron's save, and it should be possible to get MV to run it somewhere...
for (var ii=1; ii<=$gameActors._data.length; ii++) { if ($gameActors._data[ii] !== undefined && $gameActors._data[ii]._name === "") { delete $gameActors._data[ii] }}

Unfortunately, I'm not certain when that code needs to be run. Probably as part of the save game loader?
kvier

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects