SEX QUEST (RPG Maker MV, v0.14.3)(CHAPTER 14 complete)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: SEX QUEST (RPG Maker MV, v0.3.2)(CHAPTER 3 COMPLETE!)

Postby hoboy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:36 pm

Yay! Nude sprites!

No - seriously, still interested. Still have 80-something to go...
hoboy

Postby CloudRipper » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:20 am

Just for my own absolute stupid curiousity, mainly cause I'm stuck in ecstasy city without knowing what to do next, has there been a walkthrough made for it yet?
CloudRipper

Postby hornyninja » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:24 am

No walkthrough. Not cool enough for that. But i may know a thing or two about how to progress ;)

What's the issue?
Come check out my silly Sex Quest! ^_^
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby CloudRipper » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:30 am

hornyninja Wrote:No walkthrough. Not cool enough for that. But i may know a thing or two about how to progress ;)

What's the issue?

Ive fucked everyone that I'm able to, but not getting any prompts of what to do next. I know that I need to go get Penelope but have no clue what to do.
CloudRipper

Postby hornyninja » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:36 am

If you found the climax cove and beat the "final boss" there you have finished chapter 3.

If you finished the trials you have to complete the remaining brothel visits and rent a room at the maidens inn for the night. Amelia should prompt you to go to the inn as soon as you complete both "New Recruits" and "Sex City".

Penelope DOES need to be rescued but now's not the time for that. Focus on getting moar sex first!! :D
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby CloudRipper » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:38 am

Ok so cant 'save' Penelope until chapter 4 then?
CloudRipper

Postby hornyninja » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:06 am

CloudRipper Wrote:Ok so cant 'save' Penelope until chapter 4 then?

"Save" indeed ;) hehe. But yes.
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Re: SEX QUEST (RPG Maker MV, v0.4.0) (CHAPTER 4 COMPLETE!

Postby hornyninja » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:03 pm

Chapter 4 complete! As always if there are any issues with the gameplay or any other concerns, let me know and I will work to get it fixed asap! I try to be pretty on top of that stuff after all.

I was planning on releasing a demo version Friday but I’ve had nothing but time to playtest and finalize this version in the past two days. I feel I’ve gotten to a point where I can confidently release a demo of Chapter 4.

That being said, two new important plugins have been added to this version. The Formation option has been updated as well as the inclusion of what I’m calling “Quest Marker” icons. So far I am only experimenting with these two functions for Chapters 3 and 4. If they work great and you all prefer the Quest Markers I will keep them in future chapters and possibly add them to the previous chapters.

In other news, I am trying to keep to a monthly update schedule as I did during the summer. However, with my new job and certain family issues, it was a hectic month for me (and then to throw Halloween on top of that!) Luckily I was able to get Chapter 4 done in a reasonable amount of time but I have no idea if I can complete future chapters in monthly updates. Especially with the holidays coming up. In an ideal world I am hoping to crank out at least 1 or 2 more updates. If that is not the possible I will notify you all here in advance.

Okay, enough of the boring talk! Time to quest for sex!
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby terra » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:39 pm

hornyninja Wrote:Chapter 4 complete! As always if there are any issues with the gameplay or any other concerns, let me know and I will work to get it fixed asap! I try to be pretty on top of that stuff after all.

I was planning on releasing a demo version Friday but I’ve had nothing but time to playtest and finalize this version in the past two days. I feel I’ve gotten to a point where I can confidently release a demo of Chapter 4.

That being said, two new important plugins have been added to this version. The Formation option has been updated as well as the inclusion of what I’m calling “Quest Marker” icons. So far I am only experimenting with these two functions for Chapters 3 and 4. If they work great and you all prefer the Quest Markers I will keep them in future chapters and possibly add them to the previous chapters.

In other news, I am trying to keep to a monthly update schedule as I did during the summer. However, with my new job and certain family issues, it was a hectic month for me (and then to throw Halloween on top of that!) Luckily I was able to get Chapter 4 done in a reasonable amount of time but I have no idea if I can complete future chapters in monthly updates. Especially with the holidays coming up. In an ideal world I am hoping to crank out at least 1 or 2 more updates. If that is not the possible I will notify you all here in advance.

Okay, enough of the boring talk! Time to quest for sex!

Checked your update but bugged in fights for me in "failed to load texture"
terra
Newly Registered

Postby hornyninja » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:05 am

terra Wrote:Checked your update but bugged in fights for me in "failed to load texture"

I am fairly confident I know what this error is but for the lulz, can you clarify exactly what it says when it says "failed to load ____"
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Re: SEX QUEST (RPG Maker MV, v0.4.0)(CHAPTER 4 COMPLETE!)

Postby isaachawks » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:53 am

for me, it was constantly retrying to load "amelia-actor.png" file in the sv_actors folder , after looking through that folder, i found nothing that had the name, but it was easily fixed by:
1. going into Sex Quest 0.4.0\www\img\characters
2. copying the image named amelia1.png
3. pasting it into the sv_actors folder
4. renaming it to what it was trying to load, in this case amelia-actor.png
that fixed it for me at least, hope this helped
isaachawks
Newly Registered

Re: SEX QUEST (RPG Maker MV, v0.4.1)(CHAPTER 4 COMPLETE!)

Postby hornyninja » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:09 am

Fixed! 0.4.1 no longer has this issue.

In short, I was experimenting with Amelia's battler sprite for...reasons. I couldn't figure out why exporting wasn't including this asset until just now. This should not be an issue ever again!

@isaachawks Big appreciation for the temp workaround until I could fix this! Not all heroes wear capes. ;)

EDIT: @rpgfan650 Hmmm...I will work on it tonight. I have never seen that which is why I release these demos like this. I will look further into this and try to find a solution by this weekend.
Last edited by hornyninja on Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby Darthjake » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:48 am

No cape, dahling, no capes....
Darthjake

Postby rpgfan650 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:51 am

hornyninja Wrote:Fixed! 0.4.1 no longer has this issue.

In short, I was experimenting with Amelia's battler sprite for...reasons. I couldn't figure out why exporting wasn't including this asset until just now. This should not be an issue ever again!

@isaachawks Big appreciation for the temp workaround until I could fix this! Not all heroes wear capes. ;)

Try again, I still get the game trying to load amelia-actor.png. I did the work around. I'm not downloading it for a third time.

Btw, any level suggestion for these area.
Leaving village with Penelope.
Leaving crestville.
I haven't progressed past this area for two main reasons.
Penelope only seems to be good at drinking revive potions.
No one seems to be good at fighting goblins.
rpgfan650

Re: SEX QUEST (RPG Maker MV, v0.4.1 fixed)(CHAPTER 4 COMPLET

Postby hornyninja » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:40 pm

rpgfan650 Wrote:
Try again, I still get the game trying to load amelia-actor.png. I did the work around. I'm not downloading it for a third time.

New "fixed" version. Not sure why players are getting this issue with assets. Its basically calling on an asset that isn't used in the game. So when I export the project, RPGMaker excludes it. But some players (cannot recreate bug myself) are running into this bug. For now I can manually include it for the sake of playability, but I would like to find a better solution for solving why this happens and how to prevent it. If you are having this issue please feel free to PM me and we'll figure it out together. :)

However, this fixed version is only for those who haven't downloaded any previous 0.4.x versions. If you have please use isaachawks recommended workaround for the time being.

isaachawks Wrote:for me, it was constantly retrying to load "amelia-actor.png" file in the sv_actors folder , after looking through that folder, i found nothing that had the name, but it was easily fixed by:
1. going into Sex Quest 0.4.0\www\img\characters
2. copying the image named amelia1.png
3. pasting it into the sv_actors folder
4. renaming it to what it was trying to load, in this case amelia-actor.png
that fixed it for me at least, hope this helped

rpgfan650 Wrote:

Btw, any level suggestion for these area.
Leaving village with Penelope.
Leaving crestville.
I haven't progressed past this area for two main reasons.
Penelope only seems to be good at drinking revive potions.
No one seems to be good at fighting goblins.

Hmm...I can take a look at rebalancing some enemies. Never seen an issue with goblins at that stage in the game. They are meant to more challenging in Chapter 1 and a minor threat in Chapter 2. It is recommended your characters are at LVL6-9 by the time you get to Rakshivah. Also, Penelope can either be a trump card or dead weight depending on how you use her and what she's wielding. For example, in the Coral Cave she can find the Harpoon which is extremely effective against the monsters there. There is also the Blood Dagger which can do health absorbing on attacks. Her skills may not be OP like Amelia and Rakshivah, but I intend for her skills to shine more in later game when she has more of her Gear skills crafted. For now, Penelope hits hardest with swords so if you need to brute force your way through try that.

If you finished Chapter 2 and beat Rakshivah in Crestfall then congrats! Just keep heading down the path and soon you'll run into Rakshivah again and this time "claim" her as an ally! She hits the hardest out of anyone!
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby rpgfan650 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:38 am

hornyninja Wrote:Hmm...I can take a look at rebalancing some enemies. Never seen an issue with goblins at that stage in the game. They are meant to more challenging in Chapter 1 and a minor threat in Chapter 2. It is recommended your characters are at LVL6-9 by the time you get to Rakshivah. Also, Penelope can either be a trump card or dead weight depending on how you use her and what she's wielding. For example, in the Coral Cave she can find the Harpoon which is extremely effective against the monsters there. There is also the Blood Dagger which can do health absorbing on attacks. Her skills may not be OP like Amelia and Rakshivah, but I intend for her skills to shine more in later game when she has more of her Gear skills crafted. For now, Penelope hits hardest with swords so if you need to brute force your way through try that.

If you finished Chapter 2 and beat Rakshivah in Crestfall then congrats! Just keep heading down the path and soon you'll run into Rakshivah again and this time "claim" her as an ally! She hits the hardest out of anyone!

I'll try another download and restart again. This time, taking more notes.
I'll have to experiment with Penelope's weapon choices.
As for the Goblins, I usually avoid them when Penelope isn't in the group. Just like I avoid the plants and wolves when the MC is alone.
Re-balancing, only if you think its needed. Don't use my bad tactics and even worst weapon choices as a reason for change. At least I can take low levels off my list for poor performance. I was trying for level 6/7 before leaving the village with Penelope. It was to offset some damage she receives in the Necromancer caves. Here again, failing to use the proper weapon.

Thank you and good luck.

Edit:
The fixed version worked this time.
rpgfan650

Postby hornyninja » Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:42 pm

rpgfan650 Wrote:
I'll try another download and restart again. This time, taking more notes.
I'll have to experiment with Penelope's weapon choices.
As for the Goblins, I usually avoid them when Penelope isn't in the group. Just like I avoid the plants and wolves when the MC is alone.
Re-balancing, only if you think its needed. Don't use my bad tactics and even worst weapon choices as a reason for change. At least I can take low levels off my list for poor performance. I was trying for level 6/7 before leaving the village with Penelope. It was to offset some damage she receives in the Necromancer caves. Here again, failing to use the proper weapon.

Thank you and good luck.

Edit:
The fixed version worked this time.

I understand people are having trouble with some of the monsters. This isn't the first time I've heard stories like yours @rpgfan and even I with all my knowledge of how to fight certain battles have trouble with them. For that reason I will be going through my database and working on rebalancing the EXP rewards for certain enemies.

I never intended this to be the Dark Souls of hentai rpgs. Nor do I expect players to simply grind all day on countless enemy battles. I underestimated the leveling system in the rpgmaker.

I'm glad the update works! You did not have to do that or restart your play through (that makes me sad). I will still need to find a permanent solution to why rpgmaker is creating this glitch for others and not me though...

One final note on combat. In the beginning when Sebastian is alone, it's good to at least tough it out with the plants and maybe risk one or two wolves. Save beforehand of course! He reaches level 2 easy enough and then you immediately learn Cure to heal yourself. By the time you face the naga boss Sebastian and Amelia should be both lvl3. Later on with Penelope, the team should be at least lvl5 by the time you get to Goro (training in the Wolf Pelts quest is a good way to prepare for this. Amelia's Pincushion attack is incredibly helpful at this stage!) A strategy I always used in testing is have Sebastian on healing while Amelia and Penelope attack. For human/human-like enemies like the orcs or naga or the Necro Witch, they are weak to sex magic. When Sebastian has enough SP (Sex Points in case you didn't guess it), switch him to offense and Penelope to healing with items. Sebastian generates SP by using Cure early game and even moreso when he eventually learns his next "sex magic" ability in High Ecstasy.

To everyone else who is up to date, I hope you are enjoying Chapter 4! ^_^ You are all the best!!

PS: I am especially curious how the new Formation and Quest Marker updates are working for everyone. I had lots of issues implementing these updates into the game so I'm super anxious to know if they are causing any unwanted issues. Thanks!
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby Darthjake » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:11 am

I don't know how many other ppl did this, but in my mind I though cure was cure (poison), of course I know better now, but my first playthrough I was not healing myself. :D
Darthjake

Postby hoboy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:29 am

I am planning on playing more later tonight but am loving the "fuck list" quest function. Think I'm almost done there. Will then go through the actual guild quests after rescuing Penelope from the brothel gangbang...loving it so far...(and will be patient as the scenes are well written but ART - hoping)...
hoboy

Postby hornyninja » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:42 am

hoboy Wrote:I am planning on playing more later tonight but am loving the "fuck list" quest function. Think I'm almost done there. Will then go through the actual guild quests after rescuing Penelope from the brothel gangbang...loving it so far...(and will be patient as the scenes are well written but ART - hoping)...

Aww Thanks @hoboy! To be honest you can thank Sierra Lee and xnxx.com/stories for the writing. They serve as my inspirations when writing the scenes.

As for the art...You may have to wait a while about that. Unless I decide to start a patreon or get better with 3dCG (if I choose to settle with going that route).

I plan on each girl in the harem having a function like that. Amelia points you in the main objective, Penelope has her Crafting, and Nymph can help with the Fuck List. I do have a function for Rakshivah planned as well, along with just being a heavy hitting fighter. My goal is to not just throw arbitrary women into the group and give everyone some kind of useful purpose!

I also recommend doing Nymph's 20 women or more objective to unlock the new "sex magic" skill. This will make Sebastian's Sexy Missile much easier to activate. Also, Amelia has 1 of 2 optional upgrade moves she can choose to learn at the weapon shop that will be VERY helpful.

ANd since you're being so generous, I'll be generous for you! I recommend doing EVERYTHING you want to do in High Ecstasy before saving Penelope. That means Quests, Fuck List, training, etc. You will be warned beforehand when you reach the point of no return anyway and the new Quest Markers should show you where to begin when moving on to Chapter 4. Good luck fweind! ^_^
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects