SEX QUEST (RPG Maker MV, v0.14.3)(CHAPTER 14 complete)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: SEX QUEST (RPG Maker MV, v0.13.3)(CHAPTER 13, part 2)

Postby hornyninja » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:56 pm

delete.
Last edited by hornyninja on Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come check out my silly Sex Quest! ^_^
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby hornyninja » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:02 pm

Wow. I missed some drama here.

First off, I'm not a professional dev. I am doing this as a hobby and chose to share it to get feedback in order to make it a better game than if I just made Sex Quest alone for myself to enjoy. I am fine with people not liking my work because I am inexperienced and not a professional dev. I never expected to get even this much attention from my silly Sex Quest.

Second, I understand your reaction to what I'm guessing is the Lust King's intro. Your disgust and outrage over his actions is justified and an intentional response to the scene. I do not endorse the Lust King's actions in any way nor did I take some sick joy out of writing that scene. It is a scene meant to infuriate the player. To quickly establish THIS is the main antagonist. The character that players are CLEARLY supposed to hate. The Lust King is a villain and his intro gives Sebastian an immediate, personal reason to dislike him.

Again, I am not into rape. I know when I started there were scenes where Sebastian has non consensual sex as well. While I can argue that he did that moreso out of desperation early on in the Sex Quest, I am still not a fan of it which is why I try to tone down any non consensual sex scenes so that it is something enjoyable for all partners involved. The Lust King's intro scene is not considered a real sex scene nor is it something I intended to come off as sexy. It's a tragedy meant to outrage Sebastian (and by extension the player) into fighting back and asserting himself as the hero finally. Up until this scene, Sebastian has only been on the Sex Quest for himself for pretty selfish reasons in comparison to what is going on in the world around him.

I debated a long time on how to do this part. It took a lot of different forms before the final one I decided on. Which members would the Lust King choose? Sebastian becoming 'Sebrina' momentarily. what kind of character would the Lust King be in a game about sex. What would a main villain in a sex game be? For a calm, rational, wimpy protagonist like Sebastian, an erratic senseless horrible monster of a man with a similar power to Sebastian's seemed the best. As a warning to what Sebastian could become if he does not learn to control his new sex magic.

I apologize if this scene offended some or many. Even though that was my intent. I do not want players to assume I find that sort of thing sexy or to be condoned. I did not add NTR as a tag because it is not something I consider sexy or a fetish this game endorses. (Also I did not know that sort of kink had a title to it!) I will state I have gone out of my way to be inclusive to lots of different fetishes and kinks that are personally not my own. Hell, when I started this game, monster and furry sex was NEVER planned. But I do want to at least acknowledge the existence of so many fetishes and kinks in a game about sex. That being said, NTR is not something I personally endorse and I hope players understand that scene is not something I meant to be enjoyed or sexy. I will only add it as a tag to warn players who are sensitive to the subject and to make it clear I do NOT condone.

Thank you everyone for all your support and criticism so far. ^_^ I hope to continue developing Sex Quest and learning from this experience and continue polishing my silly little game into something that can be truly enjoyable despite my lack of experience.
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby SuperMaxo » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:08 pm

@hornyninja

Got your private message: since I'm still a new user on this site, I'm currently unable to use that feature of this forum and to directly reply to you.

Right now, I'm still wondering how much or how little to include in this first sketch of a walkthrough (I do have a tendency to be too verbose, which I need to tone down a bit if I don't want to end up producing a 200-page walkthrough); I planned to send you what I have once I get far enough (I was thinking: let's say, when the team “acquires” their castle), to see if you would be kind enough to comment on it -- and based on your comments I gather you would be keen to do so. I'll have more time to work on this during the holiday break (which, for me, only starts on Tuesday); I hope to have something to show you at some point in January. Would that be good?

And thanks for your interest in my humble endeavor: you're the real creator here, and the one who deserves praise. Have a happy holiday season!
SuperMaxo

Postby Mastajimbo55 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:09 pm

Hello I recently downloaded the game for the first time and have been enjoying the game alot. Great work. I am on the chapter where the goal is to rescue Penelope. I hired a carriage and went to the puzzle tower to revisit it and attempt to get some chests I missed the first time through. I successfully did that but now I cant get out of the tower and I saved within the tower. If I cant get out than this is a game breaking bug. Has anyone one else ever revisited the puzzle tower and been unable to exist? Thank you
Mastajimbo55
Newly Registered

Postby Teezee » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:54 pm

hornyninja Wrote:Wow. I missed some drama here.

First off, I'm not a professional dev. I am doing this as a hobby and chose to share it to get feedback in order to make it a better game than if I just made Sex Quest alone for myself to enjoy. I am fine with people not liking my work because I am inexperienced and not a professional dev. I never expected to get even this much attention from my silly Sex Quest.

Thank you everyone for all your support and criticism so far. ^_^ I hope to continue developing Sex Quest and learning from this experience and continue polishing my silly little game into something that can be truly enjoyable despite my lack of experience.

Hey HN :) long time ..

Sorry for my 'disappearance' it was wholly unintended but real life does throw you some curve balls every now and then, still have some RL issues to take care of :roll:

Anyway, for what it's worth I think you're doing a great job, this hobby of yours is morphing into something enjoyable and we all have to go through a learning curve. Making judgement calls is never easy or simple. I actually agree with @Kvier that the tag would be more misleading than its omission since it relates to a singular event. I don't know what the proper approach would be (it's subjective) may be a tag and an explainer !!

Again thank you for all of your efforts. I know I will enjoy playing this 'little game' of yours for quite some time to come and I look forward to your next project :)
Teezee

Postby SuperMaxo » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:35 pm

hey @hornyninja

Re: the Formal Suit which wasn't charged to Sebastian at the start of the game.

Note that, if you repeat the Wolf Quests x10 quest twice and buy enough stuff from the general store, you can complete the Fuck the Shopkeeper quest and then go see the seamstress with less than the sum she wants -- this means you'll have to write some sort of “You don't have enough money for this” dialogue (maybe you already figured this out, but this just occurred to me)
SuperMaxo

Postby SuperMaxo » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:30 pm

more for your consideration, hornyninja,

1) trying to test out all possibilities for the walkthrough, I found this odd thing: doing Rat Exterminator first, you can repeat Wolf Pelts x10 as often as you want, actually going out to slay wolves (so, 200 Fux for each iteration of the quest, plus (40 Fux + 20 EXP) per wolf; but, doing Dolly Mystery first instead, you can also repeat Wolf Pelts x10, except this time a guild representative directly greets you at the Thirsty Dog Inn's door, so you get only 200 Fux per iteration (no EXP). Is this how it's supposed to be?

2) coming back to Havenwood after slaying Goro, I notice in Sebastian's Sex Journal that Penelope's affection has gone up +3 since before the quest, even though we got no actual notification at any point to that effect (I'm guessing this affection gain happens when Penelope thanks Sebastian and Amelia for their help when they leave the orc camp to the south of the swamplands, except there's no mention of this gain in the dialog box...)
SuperMaxo

Postby SuperMaxo » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:04 pm

Hello again,

Some counter seems to be off at some point: Just before Sebastian's party faces Rakshivah for the first time, in ruined Crestfall village, the Sex Quest count correctly shows 7/100 women (this is for a play-though where I chose not to enter the Creepy Cave). Directly after that, waking up at the campsite after defeating Rakshivah and seeing the cutscenes, the counter now shows 10/100 women... it's as if the +3 affection points to Amelia, for trying to save the 3 beach babes being assaulted by orcs, were somehow counted towards the amount of women that Sebastian had sex with...

hope it's not too complicated to fix. Cheers,
SuperMaxo

Postby kvier » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:51 pm

SuperMaxo Wrote:Sex Quest count correctly shows 7/100 women (this is for a play-though where I chose not to enter the Creepy Cave). Directly after that, waking up at the campsite after defeating Rakshivah and seeing the cutscenes, the counter now shows 10/100 women... it's as if the +3 affection points to Amelia, for trying to save the 3 beach babes being assaulted by orcs, were somehow counted towards the amount of women that Sebastian had sex with...
You're absolutely right about what's going on. Furthermore, if you fail the quest, you also lose 3 women instead of losing 3 affection. ... and there's a typo there that I somehow missed in previous proofreading.
kvier

Postby hornyninja » Tue Dec 31, 2019 12:58 am

@SuperMaxo:
The wolf quest IS meant to be repeatable. Originally players had difficulty doing the Dolly Quest or unable to complete the secret missing Fux quest that requires all normal jobs to be completed. The repeating wolf quest was set up as a monotonous workaround for players who have trouble with the other quests that have specific, easy to overlook objectives.

I am not sure when the last time you check is but from where Penelope first appears here are the moments her Affection change up to when the player returns from the Swamplands:

Kill Goro complete quest: I will update this part to clearly state the Affection changes for Penelope.

Orc rape variable: FIXED! This was a recent fix so only new players would have seen it.

Thanks for your help! Hopefully you can PM me soon so we can work out these bugs in private...
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby SuperMaxo » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:31 am

hornyninja Wrote:@SuperMaxo:
Hopefully you can PM me soon so we can work out these bugs in private...

Yes, that would be better, but alas I haven't reached my 10th post yet

Re: Wolf Pelts x10. Yes, I know it is meant to be repeatable.
What I find odd, and couldn't satisfactorily explain, is that if you do the jobs in this order: Rat Exterminator --> Wolf Pelts x10 --> Dolly Mystery, you actually go out and slay 10 wolves, come back to the village, get paid by the Guild representative at the village entrance, go to the inn to accept the job again, and go out again in the forest to actually slay 10 more wolves (you have to fight them again, and therefore gain EXP again).
But if you take the jobs in the reverse order, Dolly Mystery --> Wolf Pelts x10 --> Rat Exterminator, you only get to go out of the village once. When you accept the repeatable quest a second time, you can't even leave the inn: the guild representative waits for you directly outside the inn, thanks you for your efforts and gives you 200 Fux (but you gain no EXP, since you didn't actually have to fight the wolves a second time); it's as if in this case we're skipping the scene, or jumping into the future.

I'm not saying one is right and the other is wrong: just that I find it odd that both sequences of jobs don't produce the same result, y'know?

EDIT 1:
@hornyninja

Pretty sure I just stumbled on something I shouldn't have. In the Crumbling Fortress, just after Sebastian and the girls have been declared outlaws and reunited with Penelope following her “initiation” in High Ecstacy, if you interact with all the girls, to give them gifts and what not, and you go back a second time to Penelope, she will reveal to all that she's has-elf (I thought that was meant to be revealed later), if you'll get a message that Lapride Sex has been unlocked (which it hasn't), and Sebastian will also progress in his efforts to speak Elven (I had the quest open since I refused payment from the merchant in the Merchant Bodyguard job a little earlier).

Is Sebastian really supposed to have progressed to 66% in the Elven Speech quest at this early stage?

If you feel comfortable giving me your e-mail address by private message, I could send you what I have in my walkthrough so far.

Take care,

EDIT 2:
Re: my previous message about Penelope and Elven Speech

Just figured out this is actually probably meant to happen as soon as Penelope gets to +25 affection, which, per my calculations, she just did in my current play-through...
SuperMaxo

Postby SuperMaxo » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:32 pm

@hornyninja

Found a bug, me thinks

In my current playthrough, I skipped the Creepy Cave the first time around, to see how different Amelia would fight in her new Phantom Knight class later on when we have a chance to revisit.

So I entered with all the crew, defeated every one and sexed the necromancer at the end: total EXP from fights amounted to 2880 EXP for everyone (Penelope, Rakshivah, Nymph and Gwen), but Amelia (who fought as a Phantom Knight, like I said) got a total of 0 EXP (i.e. she left with the same amount she had when she entered). Is this because of the Phantom Knight thing?

Other bugs, but much more minor: first time the gang gets to Ecstasy City (before Penelope rejoins when they become outlaws), there's a guy in the slums offering info in exchange for money, as to how to catch Boss Molly: he asks for 1000 Fux, but if you do choose to pay him you get charged 1400 Fux... Also: I noticed another such discrepancy between price promised and sum received when you decide to actually Catch the Succubus (one of the 3 non-repeatable quests in High Ecstasy), but I can't seem to find the piece of paper where I noted the actual amounts in question.

Also, no matter if you enter the Creepy Cave on your first occasion or later like I just did, there are two (2) chests where, when you open them, you're told “You have found a bone club”, but only one actually contains such a bone club (the other one gives you a holy cross, I think)

EDIT: Post-script to my previous message:

yep, the 0 EXP thing is due to the Phantom Knight class: I just restarted the Creepy Cave from a previous save made just before entering the cave, with Amelia this time in Fencer class, and the EXP are correctly being tallied this time around...
SuperMaxo

Postby hornyninja » Fri Jan 10, 2020 6:38 am

@Supermaxo, I have responded to your reports. Thank you for your in depth reports. I will work on (most) of them to be FIXED in the next update.

Also an update. The next update is MOSTLY finished. I am hopeful for an end of January/early February release! :D
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby SuperMaxo » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:58 pm

@hornyninja,

Just sent you an e-mail with a first draft for the first part of the proposed walkthrough I'm writing.

Please check your spam-mail in case you don't see it in your regular mailbox.

P.-S. this is apparently my 9th post on this forum, so I'll soon be able to reply more privately to your private messages...
SuperMaxo

Postby hornyninja » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:27 am

@Supermaxo: Finally had a chance to go through your walkthrough. Nice job! I replied to your email with how I think the walkthrough should be structured. Hopefully this will make writing a concise helpful walkthrough moving forward.

Update: I am planning to finish the next update this weekend. I will be reaching out to interested testers next week about pre-release testing.

Almost there! :D
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby SuperMaxo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:21 am

This is great news!

@hornyninja: a bit short on time this week: still exploring multiple paths in the earlier parts of the game... and shrinking the walkthrough as I go along
SuperMaxo

Re: SEX QUEST (RPG Maker MV, v0.13.5)(CHAPTER 13, part 3)

Postby hornyninja » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:17 pm

VERSION 0.13.5, The Underwater Level is ready!

It’s update time!

I affectionately call this section the underwater level. All good games have one. :D

Apologies on the delay for this section. I came down with an awful sickness and was unable to work. :(

There is lots to do in the underwater level so hopefully this was worth the wait everyone! :D

IMPORTANT: The newest Mac version may or may not be working from what I am told. If it is not working I have been told it is because of a file being incorrectly made. If the Mac version is STILL not working please let me know here and I will work to post a fix ASAP.
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby Hakkira » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:30 pm

Hmmm I came here to read up on the game as someone at f95 recommended this game if you like The Last Sovereign which is one of my favorite games of all time. Reading through the posts and hornyninja's engagement makes me feel quite hopeful but before I devote my time and emotions to this I had a question about the ntr aspect of this game. From what I understand the ntr comes from a scene where the big bad of the game known as the Lust King defeats the hero's party and then whilst everyone watches in horror he rapes everyone in the party including a gender swapped protagonist (nice twist on the mc getting violated too if so). Is that the gist of the ntr in this story?

Now when ntr ever appears in a harem game it causes controversy and I myself actually enjoy some games that are purely ntr stories to a certain extent (generally more a fan of netori) however if a game like the last sovereign, Peasants quest, Renryuu: Ascension had a scene like the one described at the top I would hate it. Why you ask would someone like me who actually enjoys ntr from time to time feel this way? Well first of all it all comes down to choice and secondly to escapism. If the scene I spoke of earlier is true then it appears that no matter how much you power level or prepare your party this is a scripted loss (which story wise makes sense considering he is the big bad). The problem with this is it takes away agency for the player which when the scripted moment is cool or badass no one minds but if it is something a player desperately wants to avoid at any cost your are left with a feeling of powerlessness(which I know is most likely the point of the scene). My second reason of escapism is as follows: I already find real life hard and feel helpless in my ability to affect change in my own life so when I sit down to play these games I really don't want to experience the same negative feelings.

Now I just want to say from reading the posts here that I think you have a great story and your decsion to have that ntr scene (if I understood the context and content correctly) makes perfect sense story wise and I would even commend you for taking a big risk with it's inclusion but sadly I don't believe I can play this game without hurting myself emotionally which is ultimately what I look to forget or avoid when I play games. Another issue is that from what I can tell this is a well written game with interesting characters which will only make the knife bite that much deeper into ones heart when characters you care about face such a horrible event!

Anyway best of luck hornyninja as I respect you quite a bit considering you are making this without any financial support from fans! If I am wrong about the nature of the ntr scene the please let me know as I would dearly love to find another game like The Last Sovereign to love!
Hakkira
Newly Registered

Postby hornyninja » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:17 am

@Hakkira: Thank you for your interest and thoughtful response. ^_^

It sounds like you understand the issue as best as possible without actually getting to the scene yet. I wouldn't dare say my work is of the caliber of something like The Last Sovereign but it is a game I take inspiration from. I began writing this game as a way to entertain myself in between updates for that game.

The ntr scene you mention is a heavy scene and I understand if the nature of it turns off a lot of potential players. While Sex Quest DOES include a number of fetishes, even some I myself am not into personally like furry sex/futa/gender bending, I do not consider ntr to be a fetish that is endorsed in the game like the other fetishes I mentioned. Because of the nature of the game I wanted to be as inclusive to all sorts of fetishes and sexual desires as possible. Even ones that are not my own. In order to acknowledge the wide world of sex that exists.

That being said, I also wanted to acknowledge there are both good and bad kinds of sex and fetishes. Not to endorse the bad but to acknowledge that it exists. Even Sebastian is guilty of having non consensual sex with defeated monster girls early on in the game out of a survival necessity, but eventually tones down on this behavior.

I do not endorse the Lust King's behavior nor am I endorsing ntr as a fetish to be enjoyed. That is not a scene I intended to be enjoyed. Which is why it doesn't show up in the Sex Journal like most sex scenes. But I do feel it is a scene necessary to both establish who the main villain would be in a quest about sex, and a scene for Sebastian to grow into the role of a protagonist. A role he has otherwise had no interest in. The Harem Party are the only people besides himself that Sebastian and by extension the player has grown to care about. And no matter how many times I wrote and rewrote that scene, it made no sense that Sebastian would have any reason to personally hate the Lust King over anything he learned or witnessed. The Lust King would have to harm Sebastian or the Harem Party directly to establish that sort of hero-villain rivalry. And since this is a game where sex is the main theme, it was obvious what that 'harm' should be...

I am glad this scene makes people mad. I wrote and rewrote it with a heavy heart and only after weighing EVERY possible option. I chose carefully which characters would be subjected and how they would end up in that situation and determined at the time this would be the best way to go. I apologize if this decision turns people off from the game overall but I understand this game is not for everyone. I never made it with the intention of making a game for EVERYONE to enjoy.

I originally made this game for myself and only chose to share it with the world in order to make Sex Quest an even better game by getting input from others. I appreciate everyone's comments both positive and negative and will keep everything in mind as I continue writing and developing Sex Quest and my own skills as a hobbyist game developer.

Thank you everyone for your support, input, and criticisms! I value them all. :D
Blog | Forum
hornyninja

Postby Hakkira » Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:14 pm

@hornyninja: Thanks for sharing your thinking and process on the issue of that scene.

I will endeavour in the future to give the game a try as I am very interested in the story you are crafting. Just got to get over some emotional scarring that started a long time ago when I watched the original Berserk anime when I was a wee lad!
Best of luck and hope to join the band wagon in the near future ;)
Hakkira
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects