Kingdom of Deception

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Kingdom of Deception [Public Release June 1]

Postby Sierra Lee » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:30 pm

Firefall Wrote:Poked around in this for a few hours last night and I gotta say I loved it. I'm sure there's a few things I haven't found, but I had a great time with it. I'm curious, is this a setting where orcs can breed with other races or does the genocide of orc females mean these are the last generation of the orcs? Cuz that'd be a bit dark. I really liked Jadk, hoping to see more of him in the next update. Anyone know if there's a different scene for beating lutvrog with his full kit instead of the handicap? I never tried it, don't even know if it's possible lol, took me a couple tries to beat the weakened version of him cuz of rolling the rng for damage. That bit at the end where the mage catches the guy's cum in a magic bubble really reminds me of a similar image from something, but I can't remember what :/. That's gonna bug me lol

You'll get more information on interspecies breeding and the fate of the orcs in future updates, so no comment on that for now. As for Lutvrog... I think it would be impossible to beat him that way without cheating, but if you do, you'll be taken to the same scene.
Sierra Lee

Re: Kingdom of Deception [Patreon Release July 27]

Postby Sierra Lee » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:02 pm

The new version of Kingdom of Deception has been released for patrons! $5 patrons can expect it on July 30 and it will go public on August 3!

Kingdom of Deception 0.2.0

Major New Content:
- An incident involving catgirls can be played beginning to end.
- New jobs have been unlocked in camp.
- Working at the bar has been expanded, with a sequence of scenes available.
- There is a sidequest involving a human soldier.

Minor Changes:
- Enemies no longer get a final blow and ties have been mostly removed, since the intent here wasn't widely understood.
- Equipment stats now listed in tent screen.
- You can now decline the sex scene after beating Lutvrog.

List of new sex scenes:
- In the process of resolving the catgirl quest, you may encounter a scene with two variants.
- Depending on how you choose to resolve the event, you may get a relief tents scene at the end. It has three different variants, two of which have four ranks depending on your performance.
- Working in the Silvertusk Bar can now lead to a sequence of scenes.
- The soldier sidequest has a scene with two major variants.
Sierra Lee

Postby PotatoLegion » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:07 am

Hi, loved the first game of the team. I've dropped in just to say two things:
1. I hope this will have even more hardcore sex scenes in variation and quantity than Noxian Nights, with longer scenes (doesn't matter if positions are repeated, so long as they are repeated in different style). The only suggestion i can make is to branch out the personalities of the main character more sturdily (submissive/neutral-manipulative/sadistic-assertive-commanding). The sex scenes as well as the story would hit more boxes and leave for more scenes to be made if the different personalities branching off and then being increasingly perpetuated through the story for the main character were more contrasting and discerning from one another. Maybe i'm dumb, but i don't feel the proper flow in this aspect.
2. Don't mind the feminists, especially the obvious ones trying to hide under a cloak, and the similar puritans and sex moralists.
I'll give you 3 magic numbers, and i'll give them to all other people who read this as well:
46 137 600
and
1 in 162.
46mil is the amount of people you would satisfy if you took 90 years of your life and spent every 1 minute to satisfy 1 person. No sleep, no rest, since birth.
That means you would only manage to satisfy 1 in 162 people on this planet in this time period.
You as artists and devs aren't obligated to satisfy everyone, only those likeminded people. That's who you build your game for and that's your primary target.
So if you satisfy 1 out of 162 people as the like-minded audience, you are already a massive success as a person and a business according to the above math, the other 161 opinions and whines and criticisms and bad apples per batch can be ignored.
I hope this post eases your minds a bit so you can do your jobs YOUR way, and not be corrupted, twisted, coerced, or manipulated, by external influence. There's too much of this in the digital entertainment scene, and i even fear it where i should fear it the least. So i always leave this piece for any devs i support.
If you want to test limits do it without regards, restraint, or self-censorship, for this is one of art's big freedoms and rarely defined principles.
Good luck to the whole team and keep up the great work, i hope you will find ways to keep surprising us in the future to come.
PotatoLegion
Newly Registered

Postby Bathers107 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:33 am

I'm just curious about release times.
I'm in the UK so it's been the 3rd for over 9 hours now (yes I'm excited for the public release of the next update).
What timezone do you work by, and generally what time would you usually release the updates?
Bathers107

Postby lostone2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:30 pm

Bathers107 Wrote:I'm just curious about release times.
I'm in the UK so it's been the 3rd for over 9 hours now (yes I'm excited for the public release of the next update).
What timezone do you work by, and generally what time would you usually release the updates?

I'm not 100% sure but I think that they follow the same pattern that Sierra does for her game TLS: 0:00 GMT+2 (so 22:00 for you). So about 5 and half hour from now.
lostone2

Re: Kingdom of Deception [Updated August 3]

Postby Sierra Lee » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:53 pm

Kingdom of Deception 0.2.2 has been released publicly! You can download it on our Patreon.

Bathers107 Wrote:I'm just curious about release times.

North American time zones, and we generally post in the evening when people here get off work. We're a few hours early today, though!
Sierra Lee

Postby Hound Archon » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:04 am

PotatoLegion Wrote:2. Don't mind the feminists, especially the obvious ones trying to hide under a cloak, and the similar puritans and sex moralists.

Buddy, you're on forums created solely because of a sexy and definitely deviant flash game made more than 5 years ago. No puritans or sex moralists here, at least that haven't been weeded out for trolling.

And it is quite possible to be a feminist and enjoy smut, especially when done by an accomplished female (I think? Either it was implied or at some point explicitly stated, but I forgot and can no longer pull up the source) writer like Sierra, because holy crap, all of Sierra's games that I've played have amazing writing (even for the content that does not float my boat). Don't drag feminists under your derogatory umbrella. Some people have blind spots, and some people take causes to extremes, but feminism in of itself should not be denigrated because of those extreme cases. Feminists are by and large pro-do-whatever-the-hell-you-like, under the conditions of consent (key word, right there).
Hound Archon

Postby PotatoLegion » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:38 pm

Hound Archon Wrote:
PotatoLegion Wrote:2. Don't mind the feminists, especially the obvious ones trying to hide under a cloak, and the similar puritans and sex moralists.

Buddy, you're on forums created solely because of a sexy and definitely deviant flash game made more than 5 years ago. No puritans or sex moralists here, at least that haven't been weeded out for trolling.

And it is quite possible to be a feminist and enjoy smut, especially when done by an accomplished female (I think? Either it was implied or at some point explicitly stated, but I forgot and can no longer pull up the source) writer like Sierra, because holy crap, all of Sierra's games that I've played have amazing writing (even for the content that does not float my boat). Don't drag feminists under your derogatory umbrella. Some people have blind spots, and some people take causes to extremes, but feminism in of itself should not be denigrated because of those extreme cases. Feminists are by and large pro-do-whatever-the-hell-you-like, under the conditions of consent (key word, right there).

Feminism is already an extreme of Egalitarianism, so don't argue extremes within extremes, one extreme is one too many.
This discussion is pointless and so is feminist apologia. One woman doesn't represent all women, and all women don't represent one woman.
I'll stop here. My message was for the creators only.
PotatoLegion
Newly Registered

Postby Elaymidoray » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:58 pm

*achoo!*

Sorry, I'm just allergic to trolls.
Elaymidoray

Postby MerDeLumiere » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:20 pm

Elaymidoray Wrote:*achoo!*

Sorry, I'm just allergic to trolls.

Yeah... Can we talk about the holocaust next?

Q1. Did it really happen?

Q2. If it did, did the jews deserve it?

Q3. If they did, should we finish the job?

I'm just asking questions, and I really do feel that this is the most appropriate place to have this totally non-inflammatory discussion. Ask a moderator, they'll back me up.

Sierra, I'm wondering if you'd be willing to tell us how the current release is going link with the next release. Temporally, I mean. The first release ended with an... author cut-off point? "This is the end of current content. Go flump yourself." That kinda thing. Whereas the catgirl release starts off immediately after the trial and leaves you in a playground situation after you've finished. I can grind up a bunch of money, get Kulgans training, fix up the orcs recording system* and spar with Lutvrog until I'm not getting any exp. Is using a save from the current version going to be a semi-permitted way of cheating, or is there going to be a kind of grace period anyway, so it doesn't matter? The trial ends and the catgirl incident occurs immediately, it concludes, and then you get a bit of free time before the next part so that events don't go all human centipede. Something like that.

*I can't tell you how much I'm looking forwards to seeing what that affects. It's a nice touch, even if you don't plan on it doing anything. You keep doing something and then you can't grind this job for money anymore, because your actions have actually had an impact on the world. It's small, but I really like it.

Speaking of time, is it always going to work like it does with the trial and catgirls? Theoretically infinite, but with penalties for being greedy.
MerDeLumiere

Postby Sierra Lee » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:27 pm

MerDeLumiere Wrote:Sierra, I'm wondering if you'd be willing to tell us how the current release is going link with the next release. Temporally, I mean. The first release ended with an... author cut-off point? "This is the end of current content. Go flump yourself." That kinda thing. Whereas the catgirl release starts off immediately after the trial and leaves you in a playground situation after you've finished. I can grind up a bunch of money, get Kulgans training, fix up the orcs recording system* and spar with Lutvrog until I'm not getting any exp. Is using a save from the current version going to be a semi-permitted way of cheating, or is there going to be a kind of grace period anyway, so it doesn't matter? The trial ends and the catgirl incident occurs immediately, it concludes, and then you get a bit of free time before the next part so that events don't go all human centipede. Something like that.

*I can't tell you how much I'm looking forwards to seeing what that affects. It's a nice touch, even if you don't plan on it doing anything. You keep doing something and then you can't grind this job for money anymore, because your actions have actually had an impact on the world. It's small, but I really like it.

Speaking of time, is it always going to work like it does with the trial and catgirls? Theoretically infinite, but with penalties for being greedy.

KoD is going to be a mix of restricted segments where you have to manage your time and free segments where you can take your time to do everything. We know this will likely lead to some really overpowered saves, but we're trying to balance the game for its final form. So yes, even in the final version you'll have some time to relax after the catgirl incident.

We intend to keep creating a variety for future events. You can expect many to use "infinite with penalties" mechanics, but we have plans for other restrictions as well. A period where you have only X days to prepare for an attack, for example, and the attack occurs when you run out of time no matter what.

Anyway, glad you liked that detail! We put a lot of work into those. ^-^
Sierra Lee

Postby Stevenator » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:21 am

Yeah so currently literally my only real "complaint" would be the intro rape, is there really a way to get out of it?
It sounds kinda silly but I think it should be easy to get out of it, maybe by challenging the Orcs and getting knocked the crap out before anything happens.

An instant hardcore sex scene sorta ruins the tension/build up to the sex you choose to partake in. It's always good to be able to tread the line, which you have tons of options for already and those are great.

I think if you want to keep it that way there should be a longer section of hatred towards the Orcs for what they did since she seems to get over it pretty quick.
Most people would be pretty angry and would probably want to personally execute the rapists, that would be an interesting choice to make.

Orcs would of course approve of such a barbaric action...but it is pretty corrupt on her end. The forgive and forget angle would aid bringing together humans and Orcs.
And then the neutral option of not even watching.
All of which tie in with the Captain's morals and could add to the story pretty well I'd say.

Maybe Rokgrid wouldn't be so welcoming if you slew the Orcs or had them devoured by the Hellhounds.

Anyway great game so far! Can't wait to see it finished after so many disappointments over the years.
Stevenator

Postby Lorielle » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:26 am

Stevenator Wrote:Yeah so currently literally my only real "complaint" would be the intro rape, is there really a way to get out of it?
It sounds kinda silly but I think it should be easy to get out of it, maybe by challenging the Orcs and getting knocked the crap out before anything happens.

An instant hardcore sex scene sorta ruins the tension/build up to the sex you choose to partake in. It's always good to be able to tread the line, which you have tons of options for already and those are great.

I think if you want to keep it that way there should be a longer section of hatred towards the Orcs for what they did since she seems to get over it pretty quick.
Most people would be pretty angry and would probably want to personally execute the rapists, that would be an interesting choice to make.

Orcs would of course approve of such a barbaric action...but it is pretty corrupt on her end. The forgive and forget angle would aid bringing together humans and Orcs.
And then the neutral option of not even watching.
All of which tie in with the Captain's morals and could add to the story pretty well I'd say.

Maybe Rokgrid wouldn't be so welcoming if you slew the Orcs or had them devoured by the Hellhounds.

Anyway great game so far! Can't wait to see it finished after so many disappointments over the years.

You can talk your way out of the first rape scene if you choose your dialogue in the correct sequence.
Lorielle

Postby Sierra Lee » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:33 pm

Lorielle is correct: you have some control over how the opening sequence goes. If you want Sabia to voluntarily engage in an alternate sex scene, delay as long as possible (but don't beg for your life) and then issue a challenge when you get the chance. There's also a path that gets her knocked out and no sex takes place (delay but don't challenge).

Anyway, we're hard at work on 0.3.0, we hope it will be a fun continuation for everyone!
Sierra Lee

Postby MerDeLumiere » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:33 am

Hang on. Are you even supposed to be able to repeat the match with Lutvrog? Taking another look at it, I can spar with him once before the trial and only once after. The trial seems to reset whatever stops you from doing his fight again. Is that a bug or is he someone you can spar with once every, what would you call it, event period?
MerDeLumiere

Postby Sierra Lee » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:15 pm

MerDeLumiere Wrote:Hang on. Are you even supposed to be able to repeat the match with Lutvrog? Taking another look at it, I can spar with him once before the trial and only once after. The trial seems to reset whatever stops you from doing his fight again. Is that a bug or is he someone you can spar with once every, what would you call it, event period?

You're only supposed to be able to spar with Lutvrog once. I know there was a previous bugs where it was possible twice, and a different bug that let it be repeated, but that wasn't the intent and I hope it's fixed now.
Sierra Lee

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:51 pm

The new version of Kingdom of Deception has been released for patrons! $5 patrons can expect it on October 10 and it will go public on October 14!

Kingdom of Deception 0.3.0

- 5 base CGs, 9 different scenes
- Many new characters, bases and backgrounds.
- Many of the scenes are involved in the central event, which has four major variants depending on your choices
- Addition of a potion-crafting system
- Misc improvements to previous sections
- New transparent text box for better view of scenes
Sierra Lee

Postby Corprus » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:51 pm

How to catch a white hind?
Corprus
Newly Registered

Postby Sierra Lee » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:01 am

Corprus Wrote:How to catch a white hind?

It's hard to say because there are multiple steps, but check the feedback thread, there are a fair number of comments about this!
Sierra Lee

Postby IndoorMinotaur » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:39 am

Hound Archon Wrote:

Just wanted to say Bravo! to this and also the team here at Indoor Minotaur are big fans of Sierra Lee's work--one of our inspirations to get into the business.
IndoorMinotaur

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects