(RENPY) Valia: Life of a Succubus

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

(RENPY) Valia: Life of a Succubus

Postby Apocrypha » Mon May 15, 2017 12:21 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been a lurker here on the creative forums for years now, having gone from things like Space Escape, Resident Evil Progeny, Zum Damenhaus, One of gorepeats games where you are a floating mummy/ghost girl roaming a castle i think?, Corta's Splatformer etc etc and many more...

Well I thought after so many years and having only recently got into creating things myself.

LINK PUBLIC VERSION - https://mega.nz/#F!WMZjUQaB!5wt4ncsCGIv5f-0Vuo7eCw NOW VERSION 0.6!!!
NOW WITH A MAC BUILD!!!

Tales Of A Succubus

Play as a sexy young succubus, fresh out of hell and unleashed on the mortal world, a semi open world format allows you to decide what she does, where she goes and who she gets down with!
bed everything you can or maybe defy convention and be a fighting succubus. Your choice!

Inspired by games like Fallout and Skyrim It will be as open ended as possible.

Criticism and or praise welcome guys.

P.S. I changed the name of the game for future versions because there are 2 other games with similiar names currently out and it wouldn't be fair to have people confuse the 3.
P.P.S. I am not allowed to post a patreon link but there is one in the ABOUT section of the main menu should you wish, DISCLAIMER: This is in no way intended to constitute a forced purchase or viewing of the game nor to be thought of as an advertisement, your statutory rights are not affected. :-)
Attachments
Thug 1 Encounter.png
In Human Form During An Alley Encounter
City_Map.jpg
The Main Hub Area
Last edited by Apocrypha on Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:12 am, edited 7 times in total.
Apocrypha

Re: (RENPY) Valia: Life of a Succubus

Postby Apocrypha » Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:31 pm

New version out guys, links have been updated and a changelog has been posted.

As always feedback is appreciated as long as it's constructive. :-)
Apocrypha

Postby Destrocto » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:50 pm

You gonna link any screenshots at all?
Destrocto

Postby Apocrypha » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:41 pm

Managed to get a few up on there, I know they are images but there will be animation in the game. :-)
Apocrypha

Postby Abelius » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:12 pm

For almost five good seconds I've thought the guy was Carl Johnson from GTA San Andreas. :lol:

I'm curious about what engine and models are you using (?).
Abelius

Postby flatliner10 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:15 am

So version 0.2 has an Introduction, a Map, 2 Scenes and a Potato?!? :lol:
Not much yet to see, and the Staircase Screen at home is kinda bugged half of the Return-Button is missing, and the Your-Room-Button only works on the right half.
But it got Music and a lot of placeholders.
I'm curious to see the progress between this one and 0.3, before i decide whenever or not it will catch and hold my interest.
flatliner10

Postby Apocrypha » Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:49 am

Abelius Wrote:For almost five good seconds I've thought the guy was Carl Johnson from GTA San Andreas. :lol:

Ha! Now that you say that it's obvious! That said I do have a few easter eggs in game to things so it fits in.

Obviously I'm using Renpy, as for the models and images I'm using my own modified version of TK17, but I'm hoping to improve. Renpy being based upon the Python code language I'm learning some of that and I hope to progress to learning Blender one day as well to further improve.

I know of your game as well as one of my patreons supports it, I'm guessing you took inspiration of all the versions on here where Krystal has to deal with the sharpclaw tribe?
Apocrypha

Postby Apocrypha » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:57 pm

flatliner10 Wrote:So version 0.2 has an Introduction, a Map, 2 Scenes and a Potato?!? :lol:
Not much yet to see, and the Staircase Screen at home is kinda bugged half of the Return-Button is missing, and the Your-Room-Button only works on the right half.
But it got Music and a lot of placeholders.
I'm curious to see the progress between this one and 0.3, before i decide whenever or not it will catch and hold my interest.

Ah you found that one huh, yeah there should be about 12 events in version 0.2 in the alley, unfortunately because it is in the early stages I have a lot of placeholders and things to put in. Sorted the Staricase screen and the return button though. :-)
Apocrypha

Postby Apocrypha » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:53 pm

Hey Hey, this is my 10th post, makes me no longer newly registered? I remember something about that when I signed up.

Anyway I'm pleased to announce that Version 0.3 has been uploaded to you guys now. Version 0.4 comes out for patreons on the 5th August so I thought I would give the public version out a bit early so you can enjoy it.

I will state that from a personal perspective there wasn't much quantity wise in terms of improvements between version 0.2 and version 0.3 but do check the changelog!

Version 0.4. I think is the main one and you guys will get that 5th September since I've decided after this that I'm going to release both public and patreon versions together. It's the main one since it introduces both the Gym and Home areas, the first boss fight, meeting the antagonist of the game and learning a little of the story.

That said do have a look at 0.3. It is the first with a fight system, though just to beat up the beggar right now and there are a lot of lines of random dialogue when you meet certain characters.

Of course nothing stopping you guys from looking at my patreon, I'm just not allowed to link it here as far as I'm aware but still it's the usual web link with /apocrypha at the end.

Feedback welcome of course.

BUG - I am aware of the BUTTON BUG, I'm still working on that since it re-occurs between versions.
Apocrypha

Postby Apocrypha » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:49 pm

Hey Sports Fans!

Anyway as I stated earlier, 0.4. which will be public 5th September will contain the antagonist or 'Final Boss' if you will.

Rather than typing out her story in full on here I thought I might post a link, I've re-read Zeus forum rules and unless I haven't understood I think it would be ok to post this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

https://www.patreon.com/posts/xala-story-11765600

Of course it's just her story and her appearance. If you don't like spoilers then of course please don't click.
I'll see if I can come up with more stuff to reveal to whet your appetite.

:-)
Apocrypha

Postby Apocrypha » Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:50 pm

Abelius Wrote:For almost five good seconds I've thought the guy was Carl Johnson from GTA San Andreas. :lol:

By the way, I took a look at your demo, good stuff, like the references to a certain click adventure game ;-)
Apocrypha

Postby Apocrypha » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:39 pm

Version 0.4. out now guys, it's starting to take shape at last and to finally go from crawling to baby steps.

Do take a look if you like the sound of it. :-)
Apocrypha

Postby Apocrypha » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:13 am

Holy Hell it's been a while, Sorry about that, I'd quite forgotten about this place.

Anyway I've uploaded the public 0.6 version since you guys still had the link to the 0.4. version. (I also now have MAC builds!)

Have fun guys and as always comments and constructive criticism welcome.

:-)
Apocrypha

Return to Non-Flash Projects