Hunt and Snare [Furry][WIP] - New Patreon build: 14.03.2018

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Hunt and Snare [Furry][WIP] - New Patreon build: 14.03.2018

Postby Ruffleneck » Fri May 12, 2017 10:50 am

Public builds: https://www.patreon.com/rufflenecks/pos ... ic%20build
Patreon build: https://www.patreon.com/rufflenecks/pos ... on%20build

Feedback/Bug form: https://goo.gl/forms/NallBKl34fkEEhAH2
Sneaking miniguide: https://www.patreon.com/posts/11788973

Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/rufflenecks

Hunt and Snare is a Furry Third Person Shooter with a strong focus on sexual themes and character interaction. Travel between islands on a ship with your trusted ship crew, hunt rare species with a tranquilizer rifle or capture with bare paws,and sell to the highest bidder after rigorous sampling of the prey. Will your crew grow to love you as an equal ship commander, or will they idolize you as a renowned hunter?

* Hunt for rare and unique species of all genders and races: Using your trusty tranquilizer long rifle (Coming very soon!), or go feral and capture with your bare paws!
* Fully customize your character: Select from general body shape, including species, breasts, genitalia, and tail, down to the color and pattern of your skin and pupil style.
* Sexplore a juicy selection of fetishes and gender combinations: From M/F, M/M, F/F, Futa/M, Futa/F, to * Futa/Futa all covered with Classic, Anal, Blowjob, Pawjob, Pawing, Submissive/Domination, Toys, Solo, and Milking (your ship needs natural fuel, doesn’t it?).
* Fully filterable acts and prey: Customize your selection by enabling or disabling any type of act in the game as well as disabling specific types of prey.
* Showroom: Select from a large selection of various positions you have discovered or play out full acts in various locations and environments.

Features Under Development
* World of Skir: Discover and hunt on Skiia, the northern island named after the sibling of the great god-dragon Skir, visit the magnificent island state of Harakeen, the jewel of Skir, explore the wild and dangerous wilds of Kizan.
* Opinion based conversation system: Gain favors by interacting with other characters frequently. Be loved, be hated, be admired, or be feared!
* Customizable tranquilizer long rifle: Personalize and upgrade your rifle to not only hunt more difficult prey, but to do it in style.
* Sailing and ship customization: Customize and decorate your own ship and sail freely with no artificial barriers or level gates, between islands in search for better hunting grounds. Unlock new rooms for your ship with money for new encounters and other features.
* Trading and inventory: Sell prey for money and then purchase new accessories, clothes, and other customization pieces, or explore, and discover unique hidden items
* More unique species: In addition to the fairly tame catkin of Faelain, the loyal dogkin of Davh, the wild and dangerous dragonkin of Kizan, and the cute and cuddly foxkin of Ful are still in development each with their own different skin styles and color combinations.

Feedback is more than welcome! ^^
~Ruff
Last edited by Ruffleneck on Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:58 pm, edited 17 times in total.
Ruffleneck

Re: Hunt and Snare, a furry hunting game

Postby flatliner10 » Wed May 17, 2017 11:18 pm

I had some time to look into the Public Version.

Looks a bit like a hybrid between Adventurous Monster Breeder and Pillars of Perversion with inspiration from Breeding Season.
I'm not fully sure what the full Version is aiming to be.. Breeding? Fight/Capture? Exploration? Adventure? RPG?

The Animations so far looks decent and fluid enough. the UI is Amazing for a Game in early development,
reminds me a bit of a certain Skyrim mod which shall not be named.

The amount of Variations in Monster Textures are nice, the textures themselves not so...
They doesn't look furry at all, more like Latex-Bodypaint, needs much more details and shading.

Also i *personally* find their faces a bit ...uhm.. off-putting, and would like to put a Paperbag over it, bit this might just be my taste.

Cant tell much more from just the Showroom, but i'm exited to see where this Game goes.
flatliner10

Postby Ruffleneck » Thu May 18, 2017 8:46 am

First and foremost, thank you for the feedback! ^^

It's going to be less about breeding and more about hunting (classic hunting tricks like sneaking, gunplay with tranquilizer rifle, and lures that you can toss around or place), secondary mechanic is sexploration (anything you have hunted, you can recruit to crew and crew can be taken around islands to have sex in different kind of location. Positions depend on location, and you can move between islands with a ship, you can sex on the ship too of course), tertiary mechanic is simple upgrading and equipping (you can sell captures for money to buy new lures, clothes, ship upgrades, etc).

To be honest, I'm not sure which of those I would compared it to. We want to go with more "gameplay" focused approach instead of just doing simple clicker or a plot driven game. Ironically, the public demo is currently basically just a sex viewer which a lot of games tend to be and it feels a bit stupid to claim to go gameplay first when there's nothing in the public demo x) We're planning on expanding the public demo soon though, maybe at the end of this month, to include the island demo too.

Glad to hear you like the UI! It's rare that people say positive things about interfaces, often it works so that you know the UI works or is good enough, if nobody comments on it. I have little bit of web designer background, and I've always liked doing simple interface designs for games, glad to see it pays off ^^

We're actually currently building a new head, a furrier head, for the game. Once it's done (I can't make any estimates though, sorry), I'll also do a pass on the body to add a bit of hints of fur here and there. I actually wanted to go with Cathouse Tale kind of style with the fur, where it's kinda skin like, less full on fur like in Yiffalicious though I absolutely love the way they did it in Yiffalicious. The body furrification is on my to do list, definitely ^^
Ruffleneck

Postby DraeneiLover » Mon May 22, 2017 1:07 am

Loving what I'm seeing so far~! I look forward to seeing more~!
DraeneiLover
Newly Registered

Postby flatliner10 » Mon May 22, 2017 1:25 am

Glad to hear, i played Assassins Creed III and Far Cry 3, and in both games i completely ignored the Main Story for most part, cause the Hunting/Exploring/Collecting and upgrading of the Equipment was just too much fun.
Pair this with a bit opf RPG-like Character Development/customization and i'm sure you can entertain People.

Are you Kidding? Even when often neglected by Developers during early Stage, the UI is one of the most important things in the Game, a slight change in Appearance can change the flavor of the game entirely.
A Bad UI messes up the Gameplay experience,and annoys the crap out of players. It should blend in perfectly with the Mood of the game, and provide all required information and functions without being to overwhelming or distracting.
It is the one Interface between the game and the human that's playing the Game, and nothing its harder than keeping it simple, good looking, functional and self-explaining.
I've aided a Web-Dev some Years ago, and while he was good at programming, he sucked at making it "User-Friendly", that was my part to Fix, so i basically gave him my thoughts of how it should look and behave, so People can actually use it without reading a freakin' Manual first *lol*. He gave me a crash course in HTML and CSS and two Weeks later i came up with two new skins for the Site, cause the old ones were ugly like the old AOL Software.

Yiffalicious is indeed pretty amazing aside from the fact that Fur is not supposed does not get shiny like an oiled rubber-suit *lol*

I'm curious to see what you came up with :-)
flatliner10

Postby FMC » Tue May 23, 2017 6:34 am

The UI doesn't need to look simple, though. I mean, one of my favourite UI's in any game has been the first Metroid Prime, mainly because it looks like you're inside the Power Suit. It was cool and definitely unique at the time (at least to me). Then again, I love Doom's HUD as well and nothing is simpler than that. xD (especially when you get things like ZDoom and take away the bottom bar entirely so only pertinent info is on-screen, even if the original's not bad either).

But yes, if you don't do it well, things trying to be fancy like Metroid Prime can easily just be in the way. Plus, this is a sex game, but you did say the exploration and 'hunting' would be the thing you focus on, so maybe it's better to be simple. I dunno, that's your call to make.
FMC

Postby savilian » Tue May 23, 2017 11:26 am

Just asking, I saw that will be milking system, would there be pregnancy/birth systems in later that base/add on milking system?
savilian

Postby Ruffleneck » Wed May 24, 2017 9:54 am

DraeneiLover Wrote:Loving what I'm seeing so far~! I look forward to seeing more~!

Thank you! ^^

flatliner10 Wrote:Glad to hear, i played Assassins Creed III and Far Cry 3, and in both games i completely ignored the Main Story for most part, cause the Hunting/Exploring/Collecting and upgrading of the Equipment was just too much fun.
Pair this with a bit opf RPG-like Character Development/customization and i'm sure you can entertain People.

Are you Kidding? Even when often neglected by Developers during early Stage, the UI is one of the most important things in the Game, a slight change in Appearance can change the flavor of the game entirely.
A Bad UI messes up the Gameplay experience,and annoys the crap out of players. It should blend in perfectly with the Mood of the game, and provide all required information and functions without being to overwhelming or distracting.
It is the one Interface between the game and the human that's playing the Game, and nothing its harder than keeping it simple, good looking, functional and self-explaining.
I've aided a Web-Dev some Years ago, and while he was good at programming, he sucked at making it "User-Friendly", that was my part to Fix, so i basically gave him my thoughts of how it should look and behave, so People can actually use it without reading a freakin' Manual first *lol*. He gave me a crash course in HTML and CSS and two Weeks later i came up with two new skins for the Site, cause the old ones were ugly like the old AOL Software.

Yiffalicious is indeed pretty amazing aside from the fact that Fur is not supposed does not get shiny like an oiled rubber-suit *lol*

I'm curious to see what you came up with :-)

I agree. UI is very important in games. It's a set piece like for example a waterfall could be, or a small forest clearing with something curious in it and can have quite a bit of effect on the overall atmosphere ^^

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of the wetness they added recently. Everyone porks up the values to max and everything stops looking soft and nice xD

FMC Wrote:The UI doesn't need to look simple, though. I mean, one of my favourite UI's in any game has been the first Metroid Prime, mainly because it looks like you're inside the Power Suit. It was cool and definitely unique at the time (at least to me). Then again, I love Doom's HUD as well and nothing is simpler than that. xD (especially when you get things like ZDoom and take away the bottom bar entirely so only pertinent info is on-screen, even if the original's not bad either).

But yes, if you don't do it well, things trying to be fancy like Metroid Prime can easily just be in the way. Plus, this is a sex game, but you did say the exploration and 'hunting' would be the thing you focus on, so maybe it's better to be simple. I dunno, that's your call to make.

Sci-fi visor guis are really nice ^^ I'm not much of a fan of modern Metroids (I liked Super Metroid though). My favorite visor is in Republic Commando, it's shaped like the character's helmet and you get blood splatters on visor... and omg, you have a visor wiper that clears it out xD It's really nice.

Hunt and Snare is probably going to be very interfaceless in the basic hunt mode. You'll see your items on character (e.g. lures on belt) and your gun will basically have infinite ammo, you just need to reload it after couple of shots, and pressure gauges will just tell you statistics on the gun itself, a bit like in Dead Space with the harness health bars ^^

savilian Wrote:Just asking, I saw that will be milking system, would there be pregnancy/birth systems in later that base/add on milking system?

Unsure yet. I would like to explore little bit of breeding and genetics too, but that's just a wild dream for somewhere far in the future that might not get done at all ^^' We're going to focus on the hunting at first, then trading and upgrading, and once all those are done, we'll start thinking (together with community) on what we'd like to go towards after it ^^
Ruffleneck

Postby Ruffleneck » Sat May 27, 2017 2:33 pm

New build!

Public build: https://www.patreon.com/posts/11395209
Patreon build: https://www.patreon.com/posts/11394849

Current version: R2 V6, May 27th

NOTE: You must set Quality in game at the moment, press F1 -> F4 (lowest -> highest) to select quality level. Highest requires at least 2010+ GPU or characters appear black.

Changelist:
* PATREON BUILD: Island of Skiia expanded further north to entrance of “Maw”. Note: Temporary fences are there to tell you to not go further as there aren’t anything in there yet. Honest :)
* PATREON BUILD: Secret
* 2 PATREON BUILD ONLY Skin(s): Sporty, and Serval
* 4 PATREON BUILD ONLY Animations(s): Twister, Smug Job, Tucker, and Twins
* 3 NEW skin(s) added: Badger, Overrals, and Boots
* 3 NEW animation(s) added: Hydraulic, Resting, and Piston
* NEW: Increased influence of soft body physics in acts, meaning; things are floppier
* NEW: Specie spawning are now specified by area (different skins and colors in northern area than in the forest area, to be expanded greatly later on)
* NEW: Specie following player on Skiia is no longer “dragged along”, instead they try to find and go to a position near the player
* NEW: More advanced skin shader with “light speckles” roughness layer (something you’ve seen in AAA games where skin is always a little bit shiny highlights are speckled) and improved rim lighting is applied to all shader levels
* Super Sampling asset changed, shouldn’t have any additional impact on highest quality settings
* Skiia bushes replaced with a bit better looking bushes that have simple “reaction” effect with characters. Trees not yet replaced
* Disabled NavMesh limitation from player
* Character positions are switched in Showroom if you swap genitalia of characters
* Fixed a bug related to “ghosts” appearing when telling someone to follow and then stop following
* Penis made more rigid instead of floppy like a piece of rope
* Soft body physics disabled at long distance (was hogging up performance)
* Reduced lag from “ghosts” being generated on Skiia
* Disabled actor spawners when player is close to them
* Small improvements to rock textures
* Fixed “Hold E” to actually require holding E
* Fixed issues where camera was pointing at wrong location in acts (camera position y was averaged to position of the characters y)
* Act locations should no longer show wrong animations
* Wall- animations type added to Showroom and Skiia

Showroom controls:
* Rotate camera with by holding left mouse button
* Scroll wheel to zoom in/out
* F1-F4 changes quality levels (same as launcher quality settings)
* ESC returns to main menu
* 1,2,0 keys switch between POVs and Default camera
* You can customize colors by copy pasting HEX code to the #000000 slot below color buttons

Island controls:
* WASD to move
* Hold SHIFT to run
* Hold E to interact with characters and locations
* Press SPACE to "finish" animations (eventually it will skip stages, multiple presses may be required)
* ESC returns to main menu
* In Act: hold RIGHT mouse button to rotate camera
* In Act: Scroll wheel zooms in/out

Known issues:
* Hair doesn't work very well in Island's POV cameras
* Sometimes you get ejected by physics
* You can fall off the cliffs again until better solution is done! Please don’t x)

Thank you for your interest! Feedback is more than welcome! We'll expand the public build to cover part of the island mid to late June, of course as fast as possible, but there will be one version between then and now to prepare things ^^
Ruffleneck

Postby Erianah » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:53 pm

huhu!

Take your time at expanding things!

But I would like to ask, what is planned for gameplay systems in the public build?

Lewd´s are awesome but a cool gameplay is appreciated too ;D

thankies, eri.
Erianah
Newly Registered

Postby Ruffleneck » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:11 am

Hello! The next Release (note: Next build is going to be a small Version update) will feature sneaking mechanics for public build too. Basically all the gameplay related things will be available in both builds, but Patreon build will have a bigger area to explore. That area will eventually bleed over to public build too ^^
Ruffleneck

Postby Dragon594 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:43 pm

will the island finally be open to the public?
Dragon594

Postby Ruffleneck » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:50 pm

Not in the next build that's going to come out later today. It is primarily optimization, bug fixes, and tweaks. The next bigger release, which should come out in 1-2 weeks, will expand the island for the public build too ^^
Ruffleneck

Postby Ruffleneck » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:35 pm

Public Build

Current version: R2 V7, June 4th

Changelist:
NEW Animation(s): Shears (FxF), Scissors (FxF), Tasting (M/FxF), and Trophy (M/FxF)
Large set of performance optimizations to smooth out the frame rate and remove bottlenecks (remade trees, water optimized, disabled terrain detail rebuilding, occlusion culling)
New main menu, with visual improvements from Skiia carried over
Fixed being unable to ask characters to follow when they’re inside bushes
Fixed quality settings not applied correctly to characters/camera via launcher
Fixed character twitching (jumping between positions) when ending act animation
Fixed characters getting ejected by physics when game is lagging
Fixed camera clipping through everything
Fixed lag caused by spawning of act locator ghosts
Fixed wrong cursor behavior in game (mouse wasn’t bound to game properly)
A random hole in Skiia terrain fixed :D

Showroom controls:
Rotate camera with by holding left mouse button
Scroll wheel to zoom in/out
F1-F4 changes quality levels (same as launcher quality settings)
ESC returns to main menu
1,2,0 keys switch between POVs and Default camera
You can customize colors by copy pasting HEX code to the #000000 slot below color buttons

Island controls:
WASD to move
Hold SHIFT to run
Hold E to interact with characters and locations
Press SPACE to "finish" animations
ESC returns to main menu
In Act: hold RIGHT mouse button to rotate camera
In Act: Scroll wheel zooms in/out

Known issues:
Hair doesn't work very well in Island's POV cameras
You can fall off the cliffs again until better solution is done! Please don’t x)

Happy playin'! ^^

p.s. We're planning on expanding the public demo to include part of the island for the new build ^^
Ruffleneck

Postby 1raunpj » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:17 am

Silly question I'm sure, but what Program does this game open in? Google doesn't have any suggestions for what runs .x86 files except for on Linux computers.
1raunpj
Newly Registered

Postby 1raunpj » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:21 am

Please disregard the previous post. I just realized I had clicked on the wrong download link. Heh. Whoops!
1raunpj
Newly Registered

Postby Erianah » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:55 am

Huhu!

Just wanted to say, that the new build is really nice!

walking around and searching for lewds is fun ^^

hope to see more in the future ;D
Erianah
Newly Registered

Postby Ruffleneck » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:46 am

1raunpj Wrote:Please disregard the previous post. I just realized I had clicked on the wrong download link. Heh. Whoops!

Hehe. No worries! I hope you enjoy it ^^
Ruffleneck

Postby Ruffleneck » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:05 pm

Erianah Wrote:Huhu!

Just wanted to say, that the new build is really nice!

walking around and searching for lewds is fun ^^

hope to see more in the future ;D

Whoop! Sorry Erianah. Missed your comment ^^'

Thank you very much and I'm glad you enjoy it! :3
Ruffleneck

Postby Ruffleneck » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:59 pm

New release!

Current version: R3 V8, June 17th (for Windows, Linux, and Mac)
Public build: https://www.patreon.com/posts/11788909
Patreon build: https://www.patreon.com/posts/11788826

Sneaking miniguide: https://www.patreon.com/posts/11788973

Key features:
* ISLAND DEMO expanded to Public build (first area)
* STAGE 1 of Hunting - Stealth - Press CTRL to toggle sneaking. Wild characters will run away in fear if player makes too much noise (no actual sound cues tho, just movement speeds and locations) OR is seen by a wild character. Sneaking upon a character and holding E will “tame them” as a temporary capturing mechanic. Friendly characters wear a collar.
* New animations (2 patreon, 3 public)
* Improved lighting and color grading (quite strongly inspired by Skyrim)
* Improved act location randomization (to prevent duplicates when possible)
(Full change log behind build download links)

Enjoy! :3
Ruffleneck

Next

Return to Non-Flash Projects