[MV RPG] The Spirits of Murala - V0.16 - Updated 20/10/2017!

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

[MV RPG] The Spirits of Murala - V0.16 - Updated 20/10/2017!

Postby Asphaltoid » Fri May 05, 2017 9:34 pm

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen! It would be my pleasure to present:

[ Insert Awesome Banner Some Day ! ]
~~The Spirits of Murala~~
An adult-oriented RPG Maker MV game!

Q: So what's this about?
A: *game master voice* Looooong ago, in a parallel universe relativistically far away, existed a world called Murala by its denizens. It was packed with fantasy races, magic, enchanted glades, and what have you. The interesting part was what happened Then! You are Jaron, the Spiritbearer (read: King) of the Kingdom of Ban Vyg. The Spirit you bear is Vigour and it's an immensely powerful being tied into the existence of the world itself. What do you do as a mortal king in the possession of an immensely powerful being, you might ask? Well, first, you're under siege. Second,... that is up to you.

Q: WHAT'S IN THE GAME?
A:
The keeeeey to your greatest desiressss! Seriously though, the game currently has a few fully written scenes, fighting, spelunking, and ends (temporarily) right before the finale of Chapter 1. More’s to come!

Q: What's new?
A:
The game is currently in development. Expect new additions, somewhat polished releases (I like to do my testing, yet I can't get everything covered), and brain-generated writing. New parts: TSM's Chapter 1 is now almost complete! Missing only the finale!

Currently working on: Finale of Chapter 1!
Current playtime: 3 hours

Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

V0.16 - Chapter 1 - Unearthing - 20171020
Bugfixes:
- The Party no longer asks the Guard in the Guardhouse for Munro before it's time.
- The inn door in Sveiki now properly displays that it's closed.
- Removed a duplicate line by one of the characters.
- Followers no longer appear in the overland areas of Kargor.
Tweaks:
- Buffed up Brittle Zephyr Blade, so it slices better.
- Buffed up the Glitterdust Armor so it's more effective.
- Battle animations are now faster.
- Various tweaks to Sasca's arsenal, so she is not a complete murder hobo.
Improvements:
- Made the Throne Room and Tomb more imposing.
New content:
- Ban Vyg now has a banner!
- You can now begin your expedition to the Surface!
- Added two Gateposts.
- Added some obstacles and flair.
- Experimenting with Parallax Shadows on most maps.
- Improved lighting in Sveikimano and most other places.

Dive into the world of Murala (and this adventure)... And Conquer!

Project Links
This here is the official LoK thread.
This here is the official dev blog.
This here is the Patreon page.

Downloads
For all download options, see the post detailing the release on the blog.

All comments, bug reports, praise, and every other type of text related to the game - welcome!

- Asphaltoid, your Supreme Stair-Stacker
Last edited by Asphaltoid on Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:57 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Asphaltoid

Re: [MV RPG] The Spirits of Murala - Ongoing Development

Postby Dead2112man » Sat May 06, 2017 2:46 am

So, guess I should expect the download some time tomarrow then?
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Re: [MV RPG] The Spirits of Murala - Ongoing Development

Postby Asphaltoid » Sat May 06, 2017 1:39 pm

Download link is up! 8-)
Asphaltoid

Re: [MV RPG] The Spirits of Murala - V0.10 - Ongoing Develop

Postby Asphaltoid » Sat May 13, 2017 3:35 pm

V0.10 is out!
Asphaltoid

Postby Dead2112man » Sun May 14, 2017 3:11 am

Got to say, I am liking the way this story is being built.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Bremen Mask » Sun May 14, 2017 5:32 am

Pretty cool prologue. Interested to see where you take the game from here.
Bremen Mask

Postby theressomeonehere » Mon May 22, 2017 9:53 am

I must say, I really like what you have so far. The setting is interesting, and the writing is quite good. I especially like the detailed descriptions in the beginning.

If you feel that it would help, I'd be happy to serve as a proofreader/editor. There's nothing to complain about on that front in the prologue, but if someone were to take that role, it would free you up to work on other things.
theressomeonehere

Postby Asphaltoid » Tue May 30, 2017 10:16 am

Work on chapter 1 is continuing full-strength! Mixing in the creation of side outlets, like Wordpress and Patreon. Currently about 25% done with the chapter.

theressomeonehere Wrote:I must say, I really like what you have so far. The setting is interesting, and the writing is quite good. I especially like the detailed descriptions in the beginning.

If you feel that it would help, I'd be happy to serve as a proofreader/editor. There's nothing to complain about on that front in the prologue, but if someone were to take that role, it would free you up to work on other things.

Thanks, I might take you up on that offer! Just a little swamped with the task in order to react now :lol:

PS: There's plenty of descriptive writing in the library, hint hint.
Asphaltoid

Postby theressomeonehere » Tue May 30, 2017 8:21 pm

Asphaltoid Wrote:Thanks, I might take you up on that offer! Just a little swamped with the task in order to react now :lol:

No worries, take your time.

Asphaltoid Wrote:PS: There's plenty of descriptive writing in the library, hint hint.

I'll definitely be looking into that.
theressomeonehere

Postby SinForged » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:20 pm

This is really good so far. The only other game to hook me this much after just the Prologue was The Last Sovereign, so I can't help but have some pretty high expectations for this game.
SinForged

Postby Asphaltoid » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:21 pm

SinForged Wrote:I can't help but have some pretty high expectations for this game.

Glad you liked it! Definitely striving to have a comparable level of quality. As for the strategic elements - I've got you covered ;)

ETA of Chapter 1 - in 10 days!
Asphaltoid

Postby Darthjake » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:00 pm

I must say I have to agree with Sinforged on this one, you have a knack for writing a compelling story, and this looks as if it's going to go far.

The only thing I would suggest is a auto save at some point towards the end of each finished part, so if later there are conversation choices that were made the player does not have to try to recall what they were at the time while trying to speed through the text to get back to where they last were. A waiting room as it were.

Don't look at me like that SinForged! :D

I am glad you upped the healing pastes, seems to be a lot of RNG between playthroughs, I only had to use 2 healing pastes the first play through and I was sort of shocked when I had to use 6 on the second play through because Audra kept missing the mobs, and they kept hitting her.

Anyway, this looks good, I'll keep an eye on it to see how it progresses.
Darthjake

Postby Asphaltoid » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:57 am

What can I say, spice is the spice of life. *put compelling spice blend*

Darthjake Wrote:The only thing I would suggest is a auto save at some point towards the end of each finished part...

Good idea! I'll put that in!

Darthjake Wrote:A waiting room as it were.

A legit waiting room is planned for somewhere down the line! Complete with a historian for recaps, a library, and all your companions to talk to, in case you forgot to have a chat with any before the end of the chapter.
Asphaltoid

Re: [MV RPG] The Spirits of Murala - V0.15 + Fun, Sex and Bo

Postby Asphaltoid » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:53 pm

Version 0.15 is out in the main thread post!

Sorry it's a few days late :P There's self-humorous details on the blog, along with Mac and Linux experimental builds!
Asphaltoid

Postby hoboy » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:23 pm

I was looking forward to an update, and especially as I saw a possible Mac version. Downloaded it and (after using the PC to open the archive -my Mac hates 7zip) tried it and it works! However - is the prologue completely gone now? It opens with Jaron already in the group and fucking an elf? Then, after going to town and maxing what all to do there, went after the baddies in the tent to the west. And got stuck, as in no boss, nobody left to kill and I can't leave as I haven't caught the boss. Nonexistent redhead screams 'Intruders!" but there's nuthin'. Audra's sprite disappears as well in the Library. Maybe I'll go back to town and try the other bounty next...(PS - the opening map is really pretty!)

Edit: NVM Figured out how to get deeper into the mine... :oops:

Second edit - beat the 2 bounties, resting at home, bathtime for Audra - complete lockup with black screen. Will not progress. Oh well... :cry:
hoboy

Postby Asphaltoid » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:34 am

Oh snap! I forgot to wrap up a loose end! I'll fix it within an hour! Sorry sorry sorry!

Edit: Working on the hotfixes. First one (out of two) has been applied; game is now playable from the beginning.
The bug during Audra's bath time is elusive, I cannot reproduce. It should be avoidable by playing a new game. I will attempt to fix it (and any other progress-stopping bugs) in the next hotfix today.

Meanwhile, here's a link to the versions with the first hotfix applied:
In the blog~

Edit 2: All the hotfixes are applied. I've also made a torrent for easier sharing (one torrent for all OS versions, so make sure to select the correct one)! Enjoy and seed responsibly! ;)
Asphaltoid

Postby Darthjake » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:23 pm

i started a new game even after the hotfix as the game froze when I exited the Librarium, with a person blocking the exit.

In any case if you go into the guardhouse and talk to the guard, you get the "we need to speak to Munro the Keg dialog, even if you have not been to the Librarium yet for Sasca or done any of the events Monro references.
Darthjake

Postby Darthjake » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:51 pm

Edit: I get a black screen on a new game for Audra's bath, here is the save before Jaron interacts with the bed.
Attachments
file11.rar
Had to compress to upload the save
(16.51 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
Darthjake

Postby Asphaltoid » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:09 pm

Darthjake Wrote:Edit: I get a black screen on a new game for Audra's bath, here is the save before Jaron interacts with the bed.

Are you sure you downloaded the game from the latest link? Should be V0.152.
An easy way to check is to see how big the game folder is. Should be >400MB.
Asphaltoid

Postby Darthjake » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:39 am

Not sure I downloaded what was there, on your blog, but the 152, I just downloaded did not show up as a duplicate download, so I'm leaning to I must have got the wrong version, or maybe bugfix 1. I'll give it a try and see what happens, thanks!
Darthjake

Next

Return to Non-Flash Projects