[MV RPG] The Spirits of Murala - V0.16 - Updated 20/10/2017!

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [MV RPG] The Spirits of Murala - V0.15 + Fun, Sex and Bo

Postby Lenbasisky » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:10 pm

Hi, i wanted to know if i could give you my services for the art for free. These are some examples of my art:
http://lenbasisky.deviantart.com/gallery/

I know that in my portfolio, there aren't NSFW stuff and only sexy stuff yet, but i wanted to see if my style could interest you first.
Lenbasisky

Postby SinForged » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:48 am

Hey Asphaltoid, I know it's probably too early to be worrying, but just wondering if your still working on this? I really don't want to see this die. It has too much potential. Also WTF, no has given you any money on Patron? I don't have any spare cash my slef, but I know a few people who might be intrested in this game. I'll send them a link to the blog and patron and hopefully some of them will give you some support.
SinForged

Postby Asphaltoid » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:33 pm

Your aid is much appreciated! Seeing this interest is heart-warming and brain-firing B)

I have been on something of a break this summer, so that has slowed down the game development a bit. Never fear, though! I'll get up to speed soon, charge up the project artist, and start whacking the bushes for more content!
Asphaltoid

Postby SinForged » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:39 pm

No problem. Unfortuntly so far I've had little luck. One person I know did suggest that the reason for the lack a Patron support might be because there are too few kinks listed or too many banned. He has a point. If a game has erotic content, it's best to know what kind of erotic content it will and won't have. Right now all you really have listed is what you won't have in the game. Maybe if you made a list of currently planned implemented and planned kinks you might have better luck? I'll keep trying and spreading the word.
SinForged

Re: [SCENE POLL] [MV RPG] The Spirits of Murala - V0.15

Postby Asphaltoid » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:43 am

Good news, everyone!

This week we're having a special poll to determine what gets included in the next sex scene. Vote away!

Also, here's a post relating to the current state of the game - including some tasty lore:
State of Murala - August 2017
Asphaltoid

Postby Sierra Lee » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:22 pm

This was a neat little intro! Though I noticed a few issues, I imagine they're probably fixed in the current build, so I won't repeat them to you. Just wanted to let you know I found this to be an engaging start and I hope you build on it successfully!
Sierra Lee

Postby Asphaltoid » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:29 am

Thank you for the inspiration!

The release that is currently being worked on should be done soon. There are just a few sequences left to implement. The finale of the chapter itself will be a separate release. Here's two extra pieces of information!

State of Murala - September 2017
Asphaltoid

Postby lostone2 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:40 pm

Great news! This game has potential to be a great game. I hope that you find the time & energy to work on it for a long time.
lostone2

Postby Asphaltoid » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:26 am

The new release is ready!
In the interest of a smooth experience, it could use some play-testing. If you are interested and have Discord, pm me with a few words and your Discord handle.
Asphaltoid

Re: [MV RPG] The Spirits of Murala - V0.16 - Updated 20/10/2

Postby Asphaltoid » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:00 pm

V0.16 is out. Check the main post for the updated links. If you run into any trouble, pm me or leave a comment here or on the blog.

That's all for now, folks! The finale of the chapter is currently in development and will be publicly released probably before the year is out. Apologies for the slow development!

Good luck going up! B)
Asphaltoid

Postby lostone2 » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:31 am

I just saw that the new version is publicly available on your blog, but it's locked in Patreon. Is that intended? Because it's a bit confusing as it stands right now.
lostone2

Postby Darthjake » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:05 am

All I have to say it regenerate 1000 hp is a bit obscene, it was finally doable but only after a few loads, waaaay to many misses from my archer companion, and now that we can speak her language I'd like to know what her abilities are.
Darthjake

Postby Asphaltoid » Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:45 am

lostone2 Wrote:I just saw that the new version is publicly available on your blog, but it's locked in Patreon. Is that intended? Because it's a bit confusing as it stands right now.

The latest version is public, no worries.

Darthjake Wrote:All I have to say it regenerate 1000 hp is a bit obscene, it was finally doable but only after a few loads, waaaay to many misses from my archer companion, and now that we can speak her language I'd like to know what her abilities are.

Hmm! Perhaps those mobs do require a slight nerf. I'll look into that, as well as elucidating those other skills' effects.
Asphaltoid

Postby kvier » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:17 am

I just want to say that
1- I'm super pleased by the characterization and the plot
2- I'm amused by the idea of Esperanto being the language of the ancient human kingdom
3- Thank you for a linux build
4- I thought the 1000 hp regenerating enemies were tough, but ... ok one at a time? Killing one basically required two turns of three good attacks. Which was rare, but not super rare. Admittedly, I did try to maximize my level by having killed everything I possibly could.
kvier

Postby Darthjake » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:50 pm

kvier Wrote:I just want to say that
1- I'm super pleased by the characterization and the plot
2- I'm amused by the idea of Esperanto being the language of the ancient human kingdom
3- Thank you for a linux build
4- I thought the 1000 hp regenerating enemies were tough, but ... ok one at a time? Killing one basically required two turns of three good attacks. Which was rare, but not super rare. Admittedly, I did try to maximize my level by having killed everything I possibly could.

Oh yeah, I was referring to the 2 at once as well, one at a time is doable, as kvier said.
Darthjake

Postby UnLimiTeD » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:36 am

So, what's the deal with the plants in the squeaky realm?
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Specifically, level 6. I thought is was an insanely wacky idea, but I got 12 points and in the end there was that plant to activate, and I feel like I missed something.
UnLimiTeD

Postby Asphaltoid » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:14 pm

UnLimiTeD Wrote:So, what's the deal with the plants in the squeaky realm?

Hahaha I'll take that as you liking it. I certainly felt wacky setting it up for you guys :D
You see, there's a few secrets hidden there in that Squeaky Realm.

Secrets are meant to be kept, but regarding that one:

The key is to touch the plants in the correct order!

... which is ascending. One thing, two things, three things, up to six!
Asphaltoid

Postby UnLimiTeD » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:23 pm

Well, damn. I actually had the right idea and then failed because apparently I was tired at 4:30 am.
And yes, I liked that one. The idea alone.
Edit: Now through the whole thing, so far. Very well done.
Maybe a minor bug report:
When I get out of the Squeaky realm (before asking here, and btw. that armour is surprisingly useless^^) I once had a result where all collision was gone in that mushroom forest surrounding the place. I could walk through everywhere, including monsters; The situation would stay when I left and came back, but was decidedly localized.
Given the difficulty in trying again, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue, though I currently assume it might have something to do with saving or not getting everything out of the realm.
UnLimiTeD

Previous

Return to Non-Flash Projects