Brothel City game

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Brothel City game

Postby RunningAroundInCircles » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:20 pm

DarotGames Wrote:Could you tell more about this one idea:
"Quality instead of variety. COOK the meals instead of just serving raw grain or fish. You can link the quality of meals to buildings, or the staff working there (which would need the skill levels). "

sure.
You already have processing buildings like the brewery. You could add a kitchen and other buildings of your liking, where you could employ a cook. Then you'd need a number of dishes of different quality. The higher the quality the more different resources it should need and the higher the rank of the building and/or the cooking skill of the chef should be.
Or something similar. That's just one possibility to do that.

Also I forgot some stuff in my earlier post.

Fertile land/ground water:
restrict the area you can build farms/ponds/well on.

food consumption by employees:
everone needs to eat. If not, people tent to starve, or leave to live somewhere else. Or just get really unhappy.

Unhappy people too tend to want to change things, like, let's say, leave, rebell against their superior, go on strike.
Many possibilities here as well.
I NEVER run against walls.
RunningAroundInCircles

Postby Briheas » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:15 am

When I click the staff button, an error message pops up saying "Range check error.", and it won't let me scroll all the way down to see all of my staff (It only shows the first 25 or so workers). It used to work fine before, but now it gives me the error. It's somewhat annoying since I can't modify any of the guards' behavior.

Also, how are taxes calculated? I'm having to pay over 100,000 in taxes every day. If it wasn't for my treasuries/aristocrats, the taxes would ruin me.
Briheas

Postby RunningAroundInCircles » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:50 am

There is a free august version on their patreon site
I NEVER run against walls.
RunningAroundInCircles

Postby Nikoli » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:55 pm

I've noticed int he August public release, when clearing the messages the financial statement pops up and you can sometimes not exit it, making the game essentially unplayable. the x int he corner never becomes active so you cannot close it.
Nikoli

Postby weeburai » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:27 am

dead game? D:
weeburai

Postby musical74 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:28 am

The game is still going strong - at least, the latest public release is from December. The best way to know if a game is dead or dormant, if they don't post much here, is to check out the Patreon page (if they have one).
musical74

Postby lostone2 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:44 am

They are hosting the game in Patreon own servers!! The Trust and Safety team really has to work hard with some developers...
lostone2

Postby weeburai » Sat Dec 30, 2017 4:49 am

oh alright, was just unsure because they didn't link to any patreon and i tend to scan through stuff too quickly :/
weeburai

Postby SterlingArcher » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:25 pm

So i downloaded the game From both here and the Patreon account. it seems they have a newer Version out on the actual website. no surprise but that is not the reason i am posting at this moment. Right now the game is just opening and taking me threw the warnings and i end up on the main screen. Free to play, new game and all of that... but when i click on it i get a white background and text... it is like the scene's are missing... i am differently not getting an image of a town or anything at all for that fact... so i am wondering was program do u run this in? i have a few that is why i think i have to run it in a RPG VX or something like that.
SterlingArcher

Postby lostone2 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:04 am

It's made in Unity. I just tried in my laptop with Windows 7 (32-bits) and it works. Are you in Windows 10? Because I have read that after updating to Windows 10 1709, some users hadn't been able to play Unity games. Reading this this Steam thread they don't describe the same troubles, but if have Windows 10, I would investigate if the fixes offered help you.
lostone2

Postby SterlingArcher » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:26 pm

still nothing that helps me out... i can enter the game and play it but no background image at all... i even downloaded Unity's newest update and software and still nothing same problems. i will show am image i took right after i hit Free Play

https://gyazo.com/7325696c53b90036d25e11f7f387365a
SterlingArcher

Postby lostone2 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:56 am

Last time that they visited this forum was on Dec 30 (but they haven't made any posts here), so maybe they will visit again and can help you. Nevertheless, if I was in your shoes I would try to reach in their patreon page.
lostone2

Postby SterlingArcher » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:21 pm

lostone2 Wrote:Last time that they visited this forum was on Dec 30 (but they haven't made any posts here), so maybe they will visit again and can help you. Nevertheless, if I was in your shoes I would try to reach in their patreon page.

i tested the game out on a smaller computer with windows 10 and it worked. also i played LOK and that is unity also and i never had a problem. I did visit their patreon site already and it seems i'm not the only one their are a few more people having the same issue. so at this point it is either the game software or a problem we have on our computer that his game isn't liking lol. further investigation will have to be made into this because i really do like the game.
SterlingArcher

Postby sinhunter » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:41 pm

Do you have a link to the Patreon page? I am unable to find it.

I tried to search DarotGames games on Patreon but it say they do not exists.
sinhunter

Postby SterlingArcher » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:16 am

it is just http://www.Patreon.com/Darotgames not that hard yo yo lol
SterlingArcher

Postby littlemisshoneyvixen » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:01 pm

Just a fan! - Wanting to drop in and tell you how much I like your art! Great job!
littlemisshoneyvixen

Postby riddlebox1321 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:34 am

I built a ct for bug testing on the April patreon build. Load it as any other ct into cheat engine and attach to the running game to use.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1G1w-C ... A8SLK333RI
My latest side projects: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B2Xg68C9gNthZnZZNHFOWVBkbDg&usp=sharing
An inactive member of the Sim Brothel development board, still stop by when you're ... bored.
http://sim-brothel-v2.bigforumpro.com/
riddlebox1321

Previous

Return to Non-Flash Projects