Shepherd of Hybria - v0.1 - 11/21

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Shepherd of Hybria - v0.1 - 11/21

Postby pinkpixel » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:46 pm

The Story:
The deep wilds of the Hybrian islands teem with mysterious tribes of beastgirls, exotic and magical creatures hidden from the world of man. Only a select few known as the shepherds are allowed to venture into that wilderness unharmed. You're a shepherd in training, beginning your journey in a small coastal village nestled between the great ocean and the Hybrian wilderness. You live with your grandfather Skali - a legendary shepherd from the time of the Great Plague Wars - and a war-orphaned beastgirl saved by Skali as a fawn. Your parents and baby sister were casualties of the war, but little by little those painful memories have been washed away by peaceful years of island life. And soon, you will be of age to attempt the shepherd's rite of passage and travel to the place where the beastgirls dwell.

However, dark stirrings from within the Hybrian wilderness threaten to throw the world into chaos once again.

The Gameplay:
Battle corrupted Hybrians and mechanized soldiers of Dustrial in turn-based combat. Purify corrupted Beastgirls and they'll join you on your adventure.

Gameplay inspired by titles from the Pokemon, Dragon Warrior Monsters, and Shin Megami Tensei series.

Controls:
Directional Keys - Movement
Z - Select
X - Back / Menu

Release Schedule
The complete game will be publicly released. Until then the public releases will be an update or two behind the patron releases.

Initially we will release a series of updates getting the core game systems done, after which we're planning on transitioning into a more regular release cycle.

Other Stuff:
Interact with the totem to heal your party.
Scenes are viewed at specific locations throughout the world. Each Beastgirl has a specific marker for scenes (an example being, a ring of flowers marks a Larvelia scene).

Links
Current Public Release:
Version 0.1 (Win)

Patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/pinkpixel

Scenes
Fawness - 3
Nezumi - 3
Lapis - 2
Larvelia - 2

Screenshots:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Last edited by pinkpixel on Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
pinkpixel
Newly Registered

Re: Shepherd of Hybria - 3/12 Tech Demo Release

Postby KingAaronIV » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:52 pm

Alright, so I played the game until I got both scenes, didn't take very long, and I've got to say that I love the art style. Character design is good, map design is good. I'll hold off judgement on mechanics and content when you release further updates, but I will say that it was very repetitive. Of course, this is just a tech demo, so it's to be expected. Either way, got my eyes on this one.
KingAaronIV
Newly Registered

Postby 444blade5 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:21 pm

Awesome can't wait for the full demo
444blade5

Postby pinkpixel » Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:16 am

Just a quick update on our progress. We're aiming to release the next update on 4/2. It will contain two new Beastgirls, two new scenes, the starter town, surrounding zones and more.

pinkpixel
Newly Registered

Re: Shepherd of Hybria - v0.05 - 4/4

Postby pinkpixel » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:17 am

As stated previously, this update contains 2 new Beastgirls, 2 new scenes, the starting town and surrounding zones. We've also added a new scene system that functions using a lust stat. Upon reaching 15 lust with a Beastgirl, her scene event appears somewhere in the world.

Sidenote: After editing the original thread I realized that it disappears until approval, which can take a while, so i'll just post any updates/bugfixes in the thread until I don't need to be authorized. And on that note, here's an update with some bug fixes. Use this link instead.

Version 0.051
pinkpixel
Newly Registered

Postby Dead2112man » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:08 am

yep, untill you have about ten post or so done, autherization can take a while, but afterwords, it is pretty fast. Will get around to trying this game out soon.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Dead2112man » Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:15 am

very simple but nice looking and mostly smooth
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby pinkpixel » Tue May 09, 2017 12:57 am

Shepherd of Hybria v0.085 now released for patrons. It contains 2 new scenes (One for Fawness, one for Nezumi), a human bandit enemy (can't be purified/captured), and more.

Sidenote: This should be the only patron update that isn't paired with a public update.
pinkpixel
Newly Registered

Postby pinkpixel » Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:09 pm

As stated on our patreon page, this month's patron release will be delayed, but we're going to go ahead with the public release.

Version 0.085
pinkpixel
Newly Registered

Postby WonderGamer » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:02 pm

You might want to consider editing new versions into the OP (opening post), makes it a lot easier for people to keep track of (provided there's been some kind of indication that an update has been posted, either as a new post or in the title itself). New update posts later in the thread tend to get missed, particularly if there's a lot of feedback going or if it's been some time since an update was posted.
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby pinkpixel » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:28 pm

@WonderGamer, I mentioned this in a previous post but it's mainly because when I edit the OP it hides the thread until the OP is approved. But you're right, I probably lose more visibility by not updating the title.
pinkpixel
Newly Registered

Re: Shepherd of Hybria - v0.085 - 6/10

Postby Darthjake » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:41 pm

Ah newly registered, that problem will go away in time, find some threads with games you like and ask questions. :D
Darthjake

Postby WonderGamer » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:14 pm

To clarify what Darthjake just said, what you're experiencing is an anti-spammer mechanic used to weed out potential bots from newly registered users. When I became new on these forums, I needed 10 posts (that may have changed, can't say for sure) before I would gain the ability to post without pre-moderation of posts & be able to use PMs. If you're active in other threads with responses, you'll get past that point fairly quickly.
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby pinkpixel » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:42 am

Version 0.09 is now available publicly, and Version 0.1 is available for patrons.
pinkpixel
Newly Registered

Re: Shepherd of Hybria - v0.09 - 9/18

Postby pinkpixel » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:07 am

I'd also like to note that save states were implemented in version .09, as well as a basic save migration system. When loading a previous version's save file (say it's a v0.09 save and a v0.1 game), you will be placed at the beginning of the game with all your Beast Girls. They'll retain their levels but their lust stat is set to 0.
pinkpixel
Newly Registered

Re: Shepherd of Hybria - v0.09 - 9/18

Postby pinkpixel » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:23 am

Version 0.1 is now available to the public, with Version 0.11 available for patrons.
Here's a still from one of two animations added with Version 0.1.
pinkpixel
Newly Registered

Return to Non-Flash Projects