[Java] Naohr ~ Meet the Kinky Family [RIP]

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [Java] Sandbox Game ~ Naohr

Postby Ephrian » Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:23 am

AngMyDee Wrote:(...)
Ephrian Wrote:Unfortunately i've started a new game, so i'm afraid the log has been replaced by the newer one, in English this time, and indeed the scenes were not missing. Btw is it a way to save a game? I didnt happen to find it so far, but i have not searched that much... (Au fait, tu es francophone? :p)

Sure, you can save from the menu, press Escape then choose quick save/quick load or save/load if you want to choose another location : )

Je suis français. J'avoue que la partie sur les fautes d'orthographe m'a fait me sentir très con ^^ il y a une règle sur la langue à utiliser sur le forum j'imagine?

Ok i just found it, thank you very much. (Pour la langue, je présume que tant qu'on ne parle pas (trop) du jeu et/ou qu'on en reste à quelques lignes, ça posera pas de problèmes. On pourra parler plus tranquillement quant tu auras débloqué les pm. Et t'en fais pas pour l'orthographe, ça arrive à tout le monde et c'est pas tjs évident de se relire ;))
Ephrian

Re: [Java] Sandbox Game ~ Naohr

Postby AngMyDee » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:55 pm

Wee Wrote:On your comment r.e. the screen size...

I finished the multi-size screen, would you be kind enough to tell me if it works well on your laptop? thanks !

By the way, to those who tried the game, do you have any kind of feedbacks concerning the implemented events (like, too short, too long, more pictures, less pictures)? the mechanism? What you would like to see in it?
AngMyDee

Re: [Java] Sandbox Game ~ Naohr [release 19feb]

Postby overthere » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:34 pm

Selecting the "Small Toys" perk appears to corrupt your save file. Any subsequent saves you make and try to load will get you "Could not load selected game save. Are you sure you have the right file?"

Also, it's not really clear why you reject certain acts, like the troubled horse or the gay couple. It would be helpful for the game to allude to which stat your are deficient in.

Finally, how do you evolve? Is it just you fill up the seduction stat?
overthere
Newly Registered

Postby rakgi » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:42 am

Picking man doesnt let you continue when creating character unless you pick a breast size...but why would i pick a breast size?
rakgi

Postby AngMyDee » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:24 pm

rakgi Wrote:Picking man doesnt let you continue when creating character unless you pick a breast size...but why would i pick a breast size?

Thanks for the feedback ! Next release will allow skipping this part
AngMyDee

Postby AngMyDee » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:36 pm

overthere Wrote:Selecting the "Small Toys" perk appears to corrupt your save file. Any subsequent saves you make and try to load will get you "Could not load selected game save. Are you sure you have the right file?"

Also, it's not really clear why you reject certain acts, like the troubled horse or the gay couple. It would be helpful for the game to allude to which stat your are deficient in.

Finally, how do you evolve? Is it just you fill up the seduction stat?

Thanks for your feedbacks !

I will look into the corrupted file for the next release.

Events need conditions to be available then it is pure randomness which one will be displayed.
I am thinking about a way to specify hints on unavailable events but there is potentialy a lot of them, so maybe it will be an hint saying that event was not picked /displayed because of X condition not met. It would be limited to say... 5 unknown events at most so that the screen is not flooded.

Finally, evolution is done by finding the right event. It might need a lot of preconditions though. For street hooker, you need minimal seduction and sex addict 3. For prostitution only seduction (and no more than sex addict 1). I will add hints on how to get those evolutions in the profession tree view.

Again, Thanks for your feedbacks !
AngMyDee

Postby FMC » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:45 pm

So, I assume there's no way to get down to Prostitute then Slave currently? I can get Street Worker (or whatever it's called) fairly simply, but I can't seem to get an event for that. And I got my Mind Power all the way down to 5 before giving up. xD It's not clear what choice does what, so you have to experiment and with how random events are, if you don't know what they do ahead of time, you could end up wasting an entire day's work because of it.

Perhaps you could do an info box when you hover over the options to let you know stat increases / decreases from certain events (well, other than stamina loss / money gain, unless you want to add those in too)?

Other than that, what little I've seen of this game I've enjoyed.
FMC

Postby AngMyDee » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:52 pm

FMC Wrote:So, I assume there's no way to get down to Prostitute then Slave currently? I can get Street Worker (or whatever it's called) fairly simply, but I can't seem to get an event for that. And I got my Mind Power all the way down to 5 before giving up. xD It's not clear what choice does what, so you have to experiment and with how random events are, if you don't know what they do ahead of time, you could end up wasting an entire day's work because of it.

Perhaps you could do an info box when you hover over the options to let you know stat increases / decreases from certain events (well, other than stamina loss / money gain, unless you want to add those in too)?

Other than that, what little I've seen of this game I've enjoyed.

Indeed, You can only get to prostitute and street hooker for the moment, no third second or third tier.

Duly noted, I see the stat increase/decrease is really needed, so I will work on it : )

Thanks for your feedback!
AngMyDee

Postby AngMyDee » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:32 pm

FMC Wrote:Perhaps you could do an info box when you hover over the options to let you know stat increases / decreases from certain events (well, other than stamina loss / money gain, unless you want to add those in too)?

The mechanism is still a little bit rough but it is packaged in the latest release of the game.

By the way, how long did you play the game to be so low in mind power?
AngMyDee

Re: [Java] Sandbox Game ~ Naohr [release 26feb]

Postby FMC » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:09 am

I probably played for 20-30 minutes just spamming the "Work" option and nothing else. There's two events you can get that lower mind power by .5 each, and those that had events that rose mind power, I just chose options that didn't raise it at all. Though sometimes muscle memory at that point messed me up with the 'watch them' option when the couple come in to you with an exhibition streak or advice or whatever (I stopped caring after about the 10 minute mark and getting the same events 20 times xD).

And I did notice that you have little descriptions about the events you choose, but sometimes they're still too vague to get an idea of what they actually do unless you try them out. Like one of the events that lower mind power says "You remember one of the girls from before" or something like that, and apparently it means you remember they have a dom streak. But unless you choose the event and read it once, how would you know that's what it meant?
FMC

Re: [Java] Sandbox Game ~ Naohr [release 26feb]

Postby AngMyDee » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:40 pm

FMC Wrote:And I did notice that you have little descriptions about the events you choose, but sometimes they're still too vague to get an idea of what they actually do unless you try them out. Like one of the events that lower mind power says "You remember one of the girls from before" or something like that, and apparently it means you remember they have a dom streak. But unless you choose the event and read it once, how would you know that's what it meant?

Indeed, it was too thin. It looked so obvious in my mind though ^^'
Last questions and I leave you alone (it is just because you are kind enough to answer me :D ), how much did you get in seduction at the end ? And did you pick some profession skills?
AngMyDee

Re: [Java] Naohr ~ Meet the Kinky Family [release 12March]

Postby FMC » Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:12 am

I don't remember now what I had in seduction, but I got all the profession skills that you could... even the useless ones like the toy one and the dog one (to my knowledge). After all, the only 'toy' scene in the game I was able to do without the skill, so it seemed like the only ones that mattered were the 'quick increases' and 'money increase' versions.

EDIT:

Wow, I guess I really took too long to answer, huh? You added a lot of stuff, so I might take another gander. Kind of disappointed that you haven't done the 'slave' path yet. :P
FMC

Re: [Java] Naohr ~ Meet the Kinky Family [release 19March]

Postby BlueLight » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:55 pm

Hey, just heads up, having trouble on Linux, Mint, 18.1.
Java problem.png

The OS has all the latest updates provided except really low level updates.
Updates missing.png
Updates missing.png (46.75 KiB) Viewed 1905 times

Java version as follows
Code: Select All Code
openjdk version "1.8.0_121"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_121-8u121-b13-0ubuntu1.16.04.2-b13)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.121-b13, mixed mode)

I think it's simply my file location, but thought i should give you a heads up with all info i currently have.
I tried a older version on windows i think, and it worked fine.

EDIT

Really odd. So i decide to just skip the sh file and input the command it gives manually. It's claiming the start up file doesn't exist, when i clearly can find it.
Trying a permission change on the jar.
Class missing.png
Class missing.png (84.83 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby AngMyDee » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:08 pm

Thanks for the feedback.
I checked on stackoverflow seems like there is something wrong with the ending character in the script. As a workaround you can try the dos2unix command on linux.
I don't have a linux installed at the moment but I will get a vm and try it. I just hope issue is only with the script file and not with the entire resources folder as I really did not pay attention to that kind of end of line character : O
AngMyDee

Postby kvier » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:31 pm

Since the shell script isn't doing anything other than running java ... just remove the shebang line altogether. It'll still work correctly regardless of whether the user is using bash or some rarer shell.

You may want to intentionally put a space after ".jar" in the command line so that the ^M appears to be a separate argument to java (that will be ignored by the jar) rather than parsed as part of the filename.

Finally, the issue with "java -jar naor-app.jar" not working is probably the same as I had: viewtopic.php?p=599793#p599793 - make sure you've installed openjfx.
kvier

Postby BlueLight » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:51 pm

kvier Wrote:make sure you've installed openjfx.

I bet you, this is the problem.
I have what ever version of java comes with Linux mint. I'd assume JavaFX would come with it since it's packaged with.... i want to say 7 up.

EDIT Alright, i was able to get the game to run after installing openjfx with this command
java -jar naor-app.jar

I'll test the original later.
java -jar naor-app .jar
with the space, did not work.

java -version does not inform user if javaFX is installed, so that's of no help.

I used the synatic package manager to get the packages, but i can get the command in like 20 minutes for you. Got errend
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby keradi01 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:04 am

I'm having a few issues with some of the grinding aspects. Some options seem to be barred based on the Strength stat (or at least that is what it said it needs). The only method of gaining strength is through the farming job, but the jobs for strength give so little that I'd be at it all day trying to raise it to any decent level. The same goes for stamina, but at least I haven't seen anything say that it requires a certain level of stamina so far. Is there some better way of gaining strength?

I'm also having issues with trying to figure out what is needed for other options that cannot be selected. I get that a lot of them are dependant on stats, but they don't usually say which ones, some are dependent on anatomy, but it doesn't say what is needed for an option), and others don't even narrow it, just saying you need some prerequisite done. Since I can't figure out how to actually check on my stats (the ones based on skill gains) or what requirements certain options need, it is a bit of a hassle trying to test what works and what doesn't. It'd be nice if unlockable options actually tell you what is needed because otherwise, I can't tell if some of them are broken, or if my character just doesn't have the stats for it yet.

Anyway, it otherwise works alright, haven't encountered blatant errors or bugs. So far, the farmer jobs do have more than a few hiccups (with options that result in a blank screen) and one scene where it seems that the wrong line of text was used (because my female character whipped out her dick for a moment before going back to having her usual sex); of course, I understand that the farmer options probably aren't the parts with the most work done so this is understandable.

I also had a weird occurrence with Iris after filling up my progression for the "Homework" quest/job (where she increases your max stats for that job), I found that I could go back to meet her again where she says the same thing and further increases the caps again. I don't think this was intentional.
keradi01

Postby kvier » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:25 pm

BlueLight Wrote:
java -jar naor-app .jar
with the space, did not work.
Yeah, sorry if I was unclear. I meant, in the shell script
java -jar naor-app.jar␣
because that line, if it had DOS line endings instead of unix line endings, would become
java -jar naor-app.jar ^M
which would still run ok, but without the space java would look for "naor-app.jar^M" which doesn't exist.

Obviously from the command line, you don't need to worry about line endings.

BlueLight Wrote:java -version does not inform user if javaFX is installed, so that's of no help.
It would be super-awesome if there were any kind of more useful error message than "cannot find or load main class com.ang.my.dee.App", but ... I don't even know if that's something that AngMyDee can detect, because the error happens before their code runs.
kvier

Postby AngMyDee » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:06 pm

keradi01 Wrote:I'm having a few issues with some of the grinding aspects. Some options seem to be barred based on the Strength stat (or at least that is what it said it needs). The only method of gaining strength is through the farming job, but the jobs for strength give so little that I'd be at it all day trying to raise it to any decent level. The same goes for stamina, but at least I haven't seen anything say that it requires a certain level of stamina so far. Is there some better way of gaining strength?

There is not a better way to gain strength for the moment, I will cap it because 100 points are not used so far. I am thinking about adding teachers to offer an easy to get a limited amount of strength.
There are stamina potions you can find at the general store.

keradi01 Wrote:I'm also having issues with trying to figure out what is needed for other options that cannot be selected. I get that a lot of them are dependant on stats, but they don't usually say which ones, some are dependent on anatomy, but it doesn't say what is needed for an option), and others don't even narrow it, just saying you need some prerequisite done. Since I can't figure out how to actually check on my stats (the ones based on skill gains) or what requirements certain options need, it is a bit of a hassle trying to test what works and what doesn't. It'd be nice if unlockable options actually tell you what is needed because otherwise, I can't tell if some of them are broken, or if my character just doesn't have the stats for it yet.

I added the core 'tips" mechanism one or two week ago and I wanted to see how it is received, I will add more explanations : )

keradi01 Wrote:Anyway, it otherwise works alright, haven't encountered blatant errors or bugs. So far, the farmer jobs do have more than a few hiccups (with options that result in a blank screen) and one scene where it seems that the wrong line of text was used (because my female character whipped out her dick for a moment before going back to having her usual sex); of course, I understand that the farmer options probably aren't the parts with the most work done so this is understandable.

Yup, I will clean this mess in an upcoming release.

keradi01 Wrote:I also had a weird occurrence with Iris after filling up my progression for the "Homework" quest/job (where she increases your max stats for that job), I found that I could go back to meet her again where she says the same thing and further increases the caps again. I don't think this was intentional.

Indeed, this is absolutely not intended ! Will be fixed for the next release : )
AngMyDee

Re: [Java] Naohr ~ Meet the Kinky Family [release 16 April]

Postby AngMyDee » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:59 pm

Dear players, I take the advantage of today's release to request your feedback :
  • What do you think about the encounter mechanism?
  • Which kinks would you like to see in the game?

Thanks !
AngMyDee

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects