Soldier's life (Completed)

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: Soldier's life

Postby pyorgara » Tue May 16, 2017 1:31 pm

scannatore Wrote:THe game is fun, but i made lots of mistakes and now my save game list is a mess.
Where are located the save game files? I want to erase them.

Glad you had fun! The saves are at the persistentDataPath which is here on a PC: C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\LocalLow\Pyorgara\SL
pyorgara

Postby nad destroyer » Sat May 20, 2017 2:41 am

Love your game pyorgara. Maybe when I play it again I'll actually give a proper review of it. Just posting to tell you that today I was trying to look up your game cause I couldn't remember your name so couldn't find you on patreon. Came across a link on google where 8chan is posting links of your game every time you update. I can give you the link if you want. Don't know what you can do about it though.
nad destroyer

Postby pyorgara » Sat May 20, 2017 12:33 pm

nad destroyer Wrote:Love your game pyorgara. Maybe when I play it again I'll actually give a proper review of it. Just posting to tell you that today I was trying to look up your game cause I couldn't remember your name so couldn't find you on patreon. Came across a link on google where 8chan is posting links of your game every time you update. I can give you the link if you want. Don't know what you can do about it though.

Haha. Thanks for the thought but I don't want to give myself a headache trying to chase every pirate out there. It's why I like the Patreon system so much. It's made for people who want to support me since technically, all my games are free after a while anyway.
pyorgara

Postby evildumdum » Sat May 20, 2017 1:06 pm

Can i make a suggestion? I like how the corruption of the captain makes her do progressively more submissive things, but it's easy to skip levels of corruption and therefore miss content. What about having a way to direct her to do things from previous levels of corruption if you feel like it?
"If at first you don't succeed, try hitting it with a shoe."

Coder for Code Bunny Studio's working AOB: Monster Rising
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7304
evildumdum

Postby pyorgara » Sat May 20, 2017 2:48 pm

evildumdum Wrote:Can i make a suggestion? I like how the corruption of the captain makes her do progressively more submissive things, but it's easy to skip levels of corruption and therefore miss content. What about having a way to direct her to do things from previous levels of corruption if you feel like it?

That would kind of mess with the immersion, though. Since her personality changes a lot from one self worth level to the next. I do plan to have a scene gallery at some point so that you'll know if you missed anything. It will promote replayability too.
pyorgara

Re: Soldier's life (July 5th, 2017)

Postby pyorgara » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:28 pm

Hey everyone!

A new public build of Soldier's life is out for your playing pleasure! The link is in the OP along with what changed since the last release. Lots of new contents and art!

Also, I’m not sure if this is ok to put here since it could be considered patreon advertisement (Mods, just tell me and I’ll remove it pronto) but around mid-month, my 5$ and more patrons will get to vote on what game I’ll work on next. I’ll have four choices with description of playstyle and the kind of content within.
pyorgara

Postby theredfear » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:48 am

pyorgara Wrote:
evildumdum Wrote:Can i make a suggestion? I like how the corruption of the captain makes her do progressively more submissive things, but it's easy to skip levels of corruption and therefore miss content. What about having a way to direct her to do things from previous levels of corruption if you feel like it?

That would kind of mess with the immersion, though. Since her personality changes a lot from one self worth level to the next. I do plan to have a scene gallery at some point so that you'll know if you missed anything. It will promote replayability too.

Simple solution. You can not trigger the next event until you trigger the previous one.

Don't get me wrong, your game is good n' all. Just not so good I want to go back and regrind content I've already grinded. As it is I've resorted to cheat hacking to STOP stat gain until I've experienced all given content at a particular level before moving on to the next. That sort of thing shouldn't be necessary.
theredfear

Postby WonderGamer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:11 pm

Mega link for Windows on your HF post appears to be dead, or at least it's not loading for me, appears to be stalled.
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby Apocrypha » Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:57 pm

At first glance this looks quite a good concept, the art looks good too. Think I'll download it and have a play. :-)
Apocrypha

Postby Apocrypha » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:13 pm

pyorgara Wrote:Hey everyone!

A new public build of Soldier's life is out for your playing pleasure! The link is in the OP along with what changed since the last release. Lots of new contents and art!

Also, I’m not sure if this is ok to put here since it could be considered patreon advertisement (Mods, just tell me and I’ll remove it pronto) but around mid-month, my 5$ and more patrons will get to vote on what game I’ll work on next. I’ll have four choices with description of playstyle and the kind of content within.

So I downloaded V.16 and love it so much I've now pledged to you and got the latest version, personally and I may be in the minority I think it has the potential to be expanded more rather than making a new game. But that just me. Just a thought for you. :-)
Apocrypha

Postby Zigomard » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:26 pm

I must say i love the game. However i stumbled upon a quite nasty bug. All my stats and Vanora's have disappeared from the interface and so has the troops number in every sortie. Now i am unable to do any Sortie. Does anyone know what is wrong and how to fix it? This began in V.014 and carried on till the current version.
Zigomard
Newly Registered

Postby pyorgara » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:40 pm

Sorry for not replying in a timely manner guys. I just realized that I'm not getting notifications here. I'll have to look into that.

theredfear Wrote:Simple solution. You can not trigger the next event until you trigger the previous one.

Don't get me wrong, your game is good n' all. Just not so good I want to go back and regrind content I've already grinded. As it is I've resorted to cheat hacking to STOP stat gain until I've experienced all given content at a particular level before moving on to the next. That sort of thing shouldn't be necessary.

On the final month of the game, I'll tweak the numbers and play the game thoroughly. I'll make sure that the progression is nice and smooth.

WonderGamer Wrote:Mega link for Windows on your HF post appears to be dead, or at least it's not loading for me, appears to be stalled.

It works for me at this moment. It was probably just MEGA having a hiccup.

Apocrypha Wrote:So I downloaded V.16 and love it so much I've now pledged to you and got the latest version, personally and I may be in the minority I think it has the potential to be expanded more rather than making a new game. But that just me. Just a thought for you. :-)

I'm glad you had so much fun with it! And thank you for your patronage. Of course, I could just keep adding more and more stuff to this game, it's very modular, but I've been working on this one for more than a year at this point so it's time for a fresh start. The game is at a nice point to leave right now so it's on to the unknown.

Zigomard Wrote:I must say i love the game. However i stumbled upon a quite nasty bug. All my stats and Vanora's have disappeared from the interface and so has the troops number in every sortie. Now i am unable to do any Sortie. Does anyone know what is wrong and how to fix it? This began in V.014 and carried on till the current version.

I think that someone said that this happened to them before. If I remember correctly, it had to do with their screen resolution. Try playing with that and see if it helps.
pyorgara

Re: Soldier's life (Poll opened)

Postby pyorgara » Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:39 pm

Hey everyone! Soldier's life is almost done and the votes are now opened for my patrons. As a nice bonus, you'll also get to play the "completed" game two months before it gets released to everyone. I say "complete" like that because the patron release currently has all the major scenes in it plus all the endings. I'll still spend next month going over it to tweak numbers, make sure there are no bugs and maybe add a little scene here and there if I find places lacking.
pyorgara

Re: Soldier's life (Completed)

Postby pyorgara » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:02 pm

Last big update for Soldier’s life! My efforts will now go towards my next game: Hall monitor. Hope you guys enjoy my completed second game! There's also currently a vote for my patrons about the new art style if you want to have your voice heard.
pyorgara

Previous

Return to Non-Flash Projects