[RenPy]My Strange Sister 1.0

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

[RenPy]My Strange Sister 1.0

Postby GCStudio » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:51 am

"My Strange Sis", version 1.0

This is story about a guy who ran away from his family in order to study in a different city. However, the real reason he ran away from home is that he was fleeing his sister, for whom he has carnal feelings. While it may seem like this is just another B/S incest-themed story, it's not "just another incest game." Instead, our game's storyline is set in a modern urban fantasy setting. The narrative takes center-stage in this game. How well you manage your relationship with your sister is pretty tightly coupled to this setting. It's pretty difficult to separate the two. Additionally, the game's plot offers diverse choice. Currently, there are already fifteen significant variations in terms of the evolution of the narrative that can occur in the game. We are expecting to have at least five different "good" or "canonical" endings, not including the bad ones. So, in a single playthrough, you won't even see half the content that has been created.

We are also animating the interactive erotic scenes, making them not only interactive, but also animated.

Although there will only be one female protagonist in the game, she is customizable among three personalities. These customizations will influence how she responds and reacts to the different scenarios you two encounter, as well as her clothing, and even the events that you can trigger with her.

Her customization will also extend to her appearance via customizing her hair, skin, eyes, etc.

You can support us on Patreon, also you can get the latest version here:
https://www.patreon.com/greatchicken

You can download the latest demo at our blog:
https://greatchickenstudio.blogspot.com

Best regards,
The Team!
Last edited by GCStudio on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:52 am, edited 12 times in total.
GCStudio

Re: [RenPy]My Strange Sister[WIP]

Postby GCStudio » Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:53 am

This is the four basic appearance types. Perhaps there will be more in the future. Now we works with clothes and personalities.

GCStudio

Postby archer_gilgamesh » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:04 pm

Will there be cousins, aunts, mom/step-mom, childhood friends added or will it stick only to sister?
archer_gilgamesh

Postby GCStudio » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:56 am

archer_gilgamesh Wrote:Will there be cousins, aunts, mom/step-mom, childhood friends added or will it stick only to sister?

No. There will be only one customisable sister.
GCStudio

Postby Smisenost » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:08 am

Tech demo has an issue immediately after clicking start game:

the spoiler contains the traceback when i click on the rollback option. when i click on the ignore option the game appears to function w/o issue, however when the progress bar for opening the door one more step completely empties out it just stays there. I do not know if this is intended behavior or not.

and no, the username on my computer is not actually smisenost, so I have edited the traceback before posting it. :P ;) It should still give you everything you need though.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Code: Select All Code

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 16, in script
KeyError: u'asd + bsd'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\smisenost\Desktop\My_Strange_Sis_v0.01-all\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "C:\Users\smisenost\Desktop\My_Strange_Sis_v0.01-all\renpy\main.py", line 478, in main
    run(restart)
  File "C:\Users\smisenost\Desktop\My_Strange_Sis_v0.01-all\renpy\main.py", line 144, in run
    renpy.execution.run_context(True)
  File "C:\Users\smisenost\Desktop\My_Strange_Sis_v0.01-all\renpy\execution.py", line 734, in run_context
    context.run()
  File "game/script.rpy", line 16, in script
  File "C:\Users\smisenost\Desktop\My_Strange_Sis_v0.01-all\renpy\ast.py", line 603, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, interact=self.interact)
  File "C:\Users\smisenost\Desktop\My_Strange_Sis_v0.01-all\renpy\exports.py", line 1135, in say
    who(what, interact=interact)
  File "C:\Users\smisenost\Desktop\My_Strange_Sis_v0.01-all\renpy\character.py", line 864, in __call__
    what = what_pattern.replace("[what]", sub(what, translate=translate))
  File "C:\Users\smisenost\Desktop\My_Strange_Sis_v0.01-all\renpy\character.py", line 846, in sub
    return renpy.substitutions.substitute(s, scope=scope, force=force, translate=translate)[0]
  File "C:\Users\smisenost\Desktop\My_Strange_Sis_v0.01-all\renpy\substitutions.py", line 229, in substitute
    s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.11.1749
MyStrangeSister 0.01

Smisenost

Postby GCStudio » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:49 am

Smisenost, maybe you computer name (actually, path to game folder in this case) contains non-latinic characters? If so, try to put the game folder to disk C: directly, or in the any folder which mane contains latinic-only characters.
GCStudio

Postby Smisenost » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:13 pm

it does not. all characters used in my computer path are standard united states english. i simply replaced my real name with my forum username. even more than that, my username doesn't even contain spaces and also doesn't even violate the old DOS constraint of a maximum of 8 characters.

If you look at the path you will see that it follows the default windows layout for the path to the users desktop. i just dropped the folder out of the archive right onto the desktop, which for a renpy game should be all that's needed.

from the traceback, it appears that this is the important information:

and this is the information you need to help figure out what is causing it:

My_Strange_Sis_v0.01-all\renpy\substitutions.py", line 229, in substitute
s = formatter.vformat(s, (), kwargs)
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 563, in vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 585, in _vformat
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 646, in get_field
File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py", line 605, in get_value

since i'm running windows 10, i'm assuming that the *nix path /home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/string.py is refering to the version of python you have installed? or maybe the version of python used to compile the version of renpy you're using to build the game with, so it could be a rare issue with the distro of renpy you're using.

I've never dealt with RenPy like this so I could be completly offbase, If you want the complete logs, PM me an email address and i'll send them to you. There's a traceback.log and a log.txt, roughly 24k total on disk, before compression.
Smisenost

Postby GCStudio » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:28 am

Unfortunately, I can't send PM yet, due to this forum limitation. Our game code not use any function as "u'asd + bsd'". So I am think this is an engine (RenPy) error. There will be the new demo soon, I will build it with the new engine version.
GCStudio

Postby GCStudio » Sat Jan 28, 2017 5:55 pm

We have just released a large demo, "My Strange Sis", version 0.2.

You may have seen the types of sister's appearance in the technical demo. Now you can custom it and combine the four eye's, lips and skin types as you want! Besides that, we make the customization of her personality. Actually, the three types of it - 'sweet girl', 'goth' and 'nerdy'. Its will vary for her clothes, behavior, dialogues and even endings. You will be able to combine her appearance and personality freely.
Also, we show to you the beginning of the story. Character introduction and so on. About 4500 words total. The scene in the shower, which I hope you have already seen, now filled with the text. Also, there will be a new interactive animated sex scene.

Current sexual content is:
- Bro/Sis incest
- M/F
- creampie
- masturbation
- voyeur

You can download it here:
GCStudio

Postby GCStudio » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:03 am

Here is some tips for current version.
To find the sexual scene, you must:
1) Not spying for her in the shower
2) Offer Liz some pizza.
3) For sweet and nerdy personalities ask if she is okey then you hear strange sound from the bedroom
GCStudio

Postby GeeSeki » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:04 am

Pretty okay so far, the shower peeking scene took way too long to be honest. It was like 80% bathroom wall and 20% body
GeeSeki
Newly Registered

Postby GCStudio » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:04 pm

Here is My Strange Sis 0.22 update.
There is no new scenes nor new episodes this time. The largest changes are:
- Music. We added bgm and some sounds to the game.
- Now you can select if she is a blood-relative or a step-sister in the character editor. This will be reflect in the game later. Anyway, the player skin color is the some as her's.
- Editor shows the personality name now.
- Some english translation corrections.
- Now she will undress at two stages.
- Graphics improvements. New background details and so on.
- Some minigame's tweaks.
- bugfixes

You can download it here:

Best Regards,
The Team!
GCStudio

Postby GCStudio » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:47 pm

Hello!
The latest build of My Strange Sister v0.31 is now open to the public and free for everyone.
The secret of the Liz will be revealed. Also, there is a new interactive and animated sexual event in this version.
There will be several choices, the consequences of which you can only see in the next versions. You must start a new game to play it without errors.
The new event fetish is a sleeping sex )

You can download it on our blog:
GCStudio

Postby GCStudio » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:16 am

My Strange Sis v0.41 is out!

This update is very large. In fact, the number of events in the game doubled. Also, there is a lot of new art - clothes, backgrounds, locations. In addition, you will meet a new character who will play an important role in the future.
You must start a new game to play it without errors.
The main changes:
- added more than 8000 words to the story
- a new outfit for each personality
- we add indicators of the relations level
- added new locations and improved existing ones
- new body and eyes for Liz

It is already available for our patron at Patreon.

The demo version is also updated to v0.32. Added the same graphical changes as for the main version. There is no continuation of the story in the demo. If you want to see it, please subscribe to the patrons version.

Best Regards,
The Team~
GCStudio

Re: [RenPy]My Strange Sister[WIP][04.08.17 upd]

Postby GCStudio » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:41 am

Hello!
We just released a new version of our game. Version 0.51 for our patrons, and version 0.42 as free demo. The main changes are:

- the story is extended by 5000 words. It continue until the evening of the third day.
- new interactive and animated sex event
- new pose and clothes for Liz, including skimpy ones )
- the new character

It is already available for our patrons at Patreon.

The demo version includes event from 0.41 plus the new pose for Liz. Also, saves from v0.42 is compatible with v0.51.

GCStudio

Re: [RenPy]My Strange Sister[WIP][04.23.17 upd]

Postby GCStudio » Tue May 02, 2017 3:08 am

Hello!

My Strange Sister v0.53 and v0.43 is out!

This is a game build with fully working achievements system. Also, before the end the game tell you how mush of the content you was see. Unfortunately, the game will start to count it only after the new version is installed.

No new events in this version, so you can just skip it.

v0.53 is available for our patron at Patreon.

You can download the demo version v0.43 at our blog:
GCStudio

Re: [RenPy]My Strange Sister[WIP][05.01.17 upd]

Postby GCStudio » Sat May 20, 2017 3:18 pm

Greetings!
We are just releasing the next version of My Strange Sister. v0.61 for our patrons, and v0.54 as open demo.

The main changes for v0.61 are:
- the story expanded by 7000 words
- starting from this point, the plot is divided by three totally different routes. This routes is not equally by the quantity of content for now.
- one totally new interactive sex scene
- a new side character
- the few new backgrounds and some graphics improvements

Version 0.54 has some content as v0.53 with some additional graphics.

v0.61 is available for our patrons at Patreon:

You can download the demo version v0.54 at our blog:

Best regards,
The Team!
GCStudio

Re: [RenPy]My Strange Sister[WIP][May/21/2017 upd]

Postby GCStudio » Mon May 22, 2017 4:11 am

We was reported about small graphical bug  at the fellatio scene. It can appear with certain lips/body combinations. Here is a new game build that fix this problem. v0.54a demo.

Best regards,
The Team!
GCStudio

Re: [RenPy]My Strange Sister[WIP][May/21/2017 upd]

Postby GCStudio » Tue May 23, 2017 2:47 am

Beware of spoilers!

We get a lot of feedback that the game is very difficult. Players repeatedly get a bad endings. So we decided to write the brief walkthrough. A couple of tips.
The first, try to be a good brother. Seriously. Even if you chose that you want to fuck her. Before proceeding to the action, just wait for signs of approval on her part.
Second, consider the personality of your sister in your actions. If the nerdy Liz likes one of you decision, it's not mean that vanilla or gothic Lis will like it too. From the very beginning of the game you can see the a question mark in the upper right corner. It is vital to fill it before the first day's end. The key decision here is DO NOT spy at her. We understand that this is a fetish. So just save, do it once, then load again. You must be a good brother, do you remember it?? If you did everything right, then you will achieve the 'Detective' and 'Erotic Dream' achievements. This will disclose most of the other events for you.
The second vital part is read her letter. On the second day, when she will sleep on the bed, you will see a letter on the nightstand after the lamp. Read it before you get close to Liz.
Before the end of the game, Liz will tell you the persent of the current game's content that you have already seen.
We hope that these tips will help you with our game. If you want a more complex walkthrough, they are available for our 10$ patrons.
GCStudio

Re: [RenPy]My Strange Sister[WIP][Jun/18th/2017 upd]

Postby GCStudio » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:40 pm

Hello!
We are releasing the next version of My Strange Sister. v0.70 for our patrons, and v0.62 as open demo.

The main changes for v0.70 are:
- added 8000 words to the story
- all main routes now have a 'real' sex scene
- a new side character
- several new backgrounds and locations
- some graphics improvements depending on Liz's personality

Version 0.62 has some content as v0.61 with some additional graphics.

v0.70 is available for our patrons at Patreon:

You can download the demo version v0.62 at our blog:

Best regards,
The Team!
GCStudio

Next

Return to Non-Flash Projects