[RPG Maker VX Ace] A Zombie's Life

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [RPG Maker VX Ace] A Zombie's Life

Postby Malak~ » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:40 am

N_Yah Wrote:Absolutely love this game, really impressive, well done! Makes me want to check out everything else you've done too. The animated scenes were especially nice (perhaps the mom's breasts were a bit too saggy in her last one though).

Thanks for the shout out! However please do not give me credit as I am not Nergal. If you like it go to his Patreon page, and read through his blog.(Which is in my first post) All the women in this game have anti-gravity massive boobs. Calling them saggy is harsh considering the position they are in. Be thankful a character in their late 30's-40's have such boobs because realistically boobs that big don't stay that way.(unless augmented)
N_Yah Wrote:Really appreciate you putting a guide as well as a full walk through in too, there's some somewhat arbitrary flags and in games like this where you're not sure what's been implemented and what hasn't, it's a godsend. (Eg. Knowing to stay up all night for the sister, nothing hints towards that)

Thank Cyberonic for the guide as he is one who provided it, but it was made during the 0.3 version, so it needs a touch up.(which I'm sure he will do at some point) If you check the files there's even a relationship flow chart which is super easy to follow. Oddly, there are hints, but they are not in obvious spots/scarce. If you give Abby alcohol again on a separate day she give separate dialogue saying "her mouth tingles." As this is a beta the focus is not the tutorial, but will likely be added later.
N_Yah Wrote:My biggest complaint would probably be that food/water seems to become frustratingly scarce and you go through it too fast. I would up losing because everyone abandoned me for not having enough water when I returned home even carrying some.

Also, this might just be me being dumb but I couldn't get the flashlight/gun to work no matter what I tried? Is that bugged, what do I need to do?

Also it seems crafted items like hatchet count against your carry capacity? That seems a bit unfair if so.

Honestly your "compliant" comes off as a compliment. This game is an inspiration of a zombie apocalypse game with no H-scenes. It gives the feeling of struggling to survive and that fight or flight that should be in something like this. For your equipment all you need to do is go into the menu and equip it, your not being dumb, you just need to try everything. When you say unfair, I say challenge, as Darthjake said you can store it and you can increase your capacity by increasing your strength. You should be able to adapt, that should be every gamers motto. If we didn't I don't think games would be very fun without a challenge.
Thanks for all of your thoughts. It only shows how good this beta is. ;)
Can't wait for a response? Want a faster answer? Join me on Discord. https://discord.gg/Hk7jqkJ ;)
Malak~

Postby rpgfan650 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:09 am

N_Yah Wrote:My biggest complaint would probably be that food/water seems to become frustratingly scarce and you go through it too fast. I would up losing because everyone abandoned me for not having enough water when I returned home even carrying some.

I suggest collecting resources twice a day. The first floor of the school and then the other areas around town.

Day one:School entrance
Day two:Either left or right side of entrance
Day three:The other side
rpgfan650

Postby theredfear » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:39 am

I have searched the police precinct thoroughly and cant find the keys to release Blaze. Now what?

I saw comments earlier in the thread about a guide, but Google turns up nothing. Can anyone link to it?
theredfear

Postby Zaiaku666 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:45 am

You have to give Officer Blaze the five food and water rations (it can be any combination as long as it equals five) Leave the station then go back and talk to Sonya again, she will mention that a kid came by with the key and is attempting to extort her freedom and will be back the next day. Leave the police station and finish the day. Come back the next day and you should get a scene involving the person that has the key.
Zaiaku666

Postby theredfear » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:09 am

What are the consequences of shooting(or not shooting) the punk to get the keys?

What do I need to do to recruit Perez? I keep bringing her food and water and she gives me random items. Also she may be buggy. Her name doesn't appear in dialogue half the time. Just arrows and other signs.

How do I get to the hospital in the west? The only path I see in that direction(in SW part of town) is blocked by a car. There's a building north of the precinct that's barricaded. I tried going there with a crowbar but that did not work either.
theredfear

Postby Zaiaku666 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:41 am

To Start the Hospital quest, you have to go to Isebella's house and talk to her about the cure, where she will state that she needs medicinal vials only available at the hospital and it has to be a crate's worth (reason why you have a companion.)
Zaiaku666

Postby theredfear » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:28 pm

Yeah finally realized that right before I went to bed when I went down there and the car was finally gone. What about the lady locked in the office at school? What do I need to do to recruit her?
theredfear

Postby Malak~ » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:34 pm

theredfear Wrote:What are the consequences of shooting(or not shooting) the punk to get the keys?

What do I need to do to recruit Perez? I keep bringing her food and water and she gives me random items. Also she may be buggy. Her name doesn't appear in dialogue half the time. Just arrows and other signs.

How do I get to the hospital in the west? The only path I see in that direction(in SW part of town) is blocked by a car. There's a building north of the precinct that's barricaded. I tried going there with a crowbar but that did not work either.

There are no current risk with killing the kid or leaving him alive. Mrs. Perez has not been implemented yet.(Likely to be in 0.6) So you cannot get her to leave the room no matter how much you give. :P
The dialogue has already been noted, so at some point it will be addressed. Zaiaku told you most of what you needed to do, however you must get Isabelle to 10 relationship before she gives you the fetch quest to unlock the West map. After you get her to 10 return to her the next day and you will get to that point. Also the crowbar is also not implemented.(No point to craft it yet)
Edit* Sorry theredfear was working on this post when you replied. I'm keeping it up. ;)
Can't wait for a response? Want a faster answer? Join me on Discord. https://discord.gg/Hk7jqkJ ;)
Malak~

Postby MobileGrunt » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:46 pm

Noticed that when taking all the Scrap Metal, Wood or Electronic Parts you have in your storage, it passes time, but collecting all the Junk doesn't. Collecting just one of them doesn't seem to do anything though.
MobileGrunt

Postby Malak~ » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:52 pm

MobileGrunt Wrote:Noticed that when taking all the Scrap Metal, Wood or Electronic Parts you have in your storage, it passes time, but collecting all the Junk doesn't. Collecting just one of them doesn't seem to do anything though.

Will test this out in a bit.(Tested) It use to be taking anything would make the MC move to the next phase in time.(Bug, occurred when fixing some issues with storage.) Thanks for the heads up.
Last edited by Malak~ on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malak~

Postby musical74 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:38 pm

I might as well include these since you are wanting bug reports too. You may be aware of them but...

Occasionally the game will crash when I go to the basement to craft/store things or when I try to shoot a zombie. Do you need a *what caused this?* or are you aware of these?
musical74

Postby Malak~ » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:58 pm

musical74 Wrote:I might as well include these since you are wanting bug reports too. You may be aware of them but...

Occasionally the game will crash when I go to the basement to craft/store things or when I try to shoot a zombie. Do you need a *what caused this?* or are you aware of these?

Shooting a zombie, yes.(0.6 when finished is planned to have some zombie logic refactoring) Luckily it doesn't happen to me often. Mostly when shooting zombies that are touching a light pole, I get that error. Crafting no. I would need to know what item you are talking about, the quantity, and under the conditions.(relationships, time of day, how many of said item you already had, stuff like that.) I haven't had any issues crafting items, except you cannot craft an item you have 99 of already, and that crafting alcohol will stay in your inventory.(Coded intentionally that way) Feel free to hit me up on Discord. I am on there often.
Malak~

Postby Darthjake » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:51 pm

In all the time I've played I've never had the game crash while crafting, and only once while shooting a zombie in the hospital.

Although several times I've tried to shoot a zombie that is closing in on me and the bullet does not connect, not sure if that was because of shelves in the way or what, only saying this for zombies that I know I'm on the correct plane to shoot, not the ones I outright miss.
Darthjake

Postby musical74 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:36 pm

It's not the crafting that does it, it's going to the basement that causes the crash. Seems to happen more when it's raining, maybe the rain adds a parameter and that messes things up? (not worried about when you get to this so posting here)
musical74

Postby Malak~ » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:54 pm

musical74 Wrote:It's not the crafting that does it, it's going to the basement that causes the crash. Seems to happen more when it's raining, maybe the rain adds a parameter and that messes things up? (not worried about when you get to this so posting here)

That is indeed very odd. Never seen nor heard that happening before. Have you got an error code to go with that?
Malak~

Postby theredfear » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:34 am

I just discovered the cheat room. Neato.

But that "no going back" warning is a tad ominous. Is there some consequence to using it?
theredfear

Postby Malak~ » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:39 am

theredfear Wrote:I just discovered the cheat room. Neato.

But that "no going back" warning is a tad ominous. Is there some consequence to using it?

No, not that I know of. However I think it is said that way just in case if it corrupts your game file. Like I've said before I have not had an issue with it. Also be aware you will not be able to reach the second or even sometimes third set of dialogue for the H-scenes that you want from that room, you have to earn those.
Malak~

Postby vork88 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:20 am

Is the car blocking the new town to the left post to be there?
vork88
Newly Registered

Postby Darthjake » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:39 am

Yes, until you get the quest to go to the hospital and pick a companion to go with you, then it will vanish.
Darthjake

Postby vork88 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:20 am

OH ok i dont have that quest yet
vork88
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects