[RPG Maker VX Ace] A Zombie's Life

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [RPG Maker VX Ace] A Zombie's Life

Postby archer_gilgamesh » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:00 pm

Firefall Wrote:Is there a way to replay Perez' earlier scenes after you get her back to your house?

Take her back to her room at the school and she'll ask if you want to do it.
archer_gilgamesh

Postby alithanar8 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:44 pm

This game is addictively fun, I have kept restarting though because I keep running out of food, where is this elusive cheat room just in case the rng gods are fickle when it comes to needed supplies?
alithanar8

Postby Evangelion-01 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:16 pm

look for a gutter in the cellar of your house...it's between the 2nd and 3rd room
Evangelion-01

Postby Firefall » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:45 am

alithanar8 Wrote:This game is addictively fun, I have kept restarting though because I keep running out of food, where is this elusive cheat room just in case the rng gods are fickle when it comes to needed supplies?

If you have a few bullets to clear out the main halls, the school is ridiculously good for getting food and water, there's tons of lockers to hit up.
Firefall

Postby Sun Quan » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:01 pm

Firefall Wrote:
alithanar8 Wrote:This game is addictively fun, I have kept restarting though because I keep running out of food, where is this elusive cheat room just in case the rng gods are fickle when it comes to needed supplies?

If you have a few bullets to clear out the main halls, the school is ridiculously good for getting food and water, there's tons of lockers to hit up.

I also got quite a bit from the basement of the office building. Not the sub basement lab Isabelle sends you to, but the room you find the elevator in. Nice room with a lot of spots to loot and only one zombie roaming around.
Sun Quan

Postby Firefall » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:01 pm

The office basement can be a bit heavy on the electrical parts, but yeah, it's a nice little cluster of places to search
Firefall

Postby Evangelion-01 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:24 pm

considering the distance that you have for school and office I'd rather say try to clean out the super market asap and keep farming the entrance (+toilets) and loading area (+offices) ...should offer you enough chances to survive until your ammo and/or training is enough to reach the other 2 locations, on the day the area needs to refill go for the garbage bins in central area and maybe library
Evangelion-01

Postby Sun Quan » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:47 pm

Evangelion-01 Wrote:considering the distance that you have for school and office I'd rather say try to clean out the super market asap and keep farming the entrance (+toilets) and loading area (+offices) ...should offer you enough chances to survive until your ammo and/or training is enough to reach the other 2 locations, on the day the area needs to refill go for the garbage bins in central area and maybe library

Honestly, though, if you haven't gotten far on Isabelle's quest line, surviving isn't very difficult. So long as you keep sprinting, outrunning or otherwise luring zombies away is easy enough. For me the bigger problem early in the game is carrying capacity, or the lack thereof. But, yeah, the store is the best place to farm for food and water, no question. If you clean it out, though, the school is the next best bet. It's huge, so you can actually raid it several times before you clear it.
Sun Quan

Postby AssaultWolf » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:28 am

I'm pretty sure I'm missing something really obvious, but I'm on 0.8 and cannot give alcohol to anyone. It doesn't appear as a giftable item and nothing happens when I use it from my inventory. Interacting with anyone at any point in the day doesn't provide an option, either. I even crafted alcohol several times and this didn't change my luck. Any advice?
AssaultWolf
Newly Registered

Postby Sun Quan » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:55 pm

AssaultWolf Wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm missing something really obvious, but I'm on 0.8 and cannot give alcohol to anyone. It doesn't appear as a giftable item and nothing happens when I use it from my inventory. Interacting with anyone at any point in the day doesn't provide an option, either. I even crafted alcohol several times and this didn't change my luck. Any advice?

Sounds like a bug. You give alcohol as a gift when you speak to people at the house. Talk to them >> Give Gift >> Alcohol. If it's not appearing and you know you have some in your inventory, it's probably a bug. Are you using a save file from a previous version?
Sun Quan

Postby lovelesspoison » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:12 pm

AssaultWolf Wrote:I'm pretty sure I'm missing something really obvious, but I'm on 0.8 and cannot give alcohol to anyone. It doesn't appear as a giftable item and nothing happens when I use it from my inventory. Interacting with anyone at any point in the day doesn't provide an option, either. I even crafted alcohol several times and this didn't change my luck. Any advice?

Your inventory is split into two pages that you cycle through with S and D. Make sure you're on the right page.
lovelesspoison
Newly Registered

Postby AssaultWolf » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:00 pm

lovelesspoison Wrote:

Your inventory is split into two pages that you cycle through with S and D. Make sure you're on the right page.

Ooooooooohhhhhh..... Well I was pretty sure I was missing something obvious, thank you so much!
AssaultWolf
Newly Registered

Postby AssaultWolf » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:03 pm

Sun Quan Wrote:

Sounds like a bug. You give alcohol as a gift when you speak to people at the house. Talk to them >> Give Gift >> Alcohol. If it's not appearing and you know you have some in your inventory, it's probably a bug. Are you using a save file from a previous version?

I haven't been using a previous version's save, it turns out I didn't understand how to navigate the gift menus pages correctly. thank you for responding though, I was really confused as it seemed to be implemented early on and was a stable game process. Awesome community! People are very friendly and willing to help. Thanks again!
AssaultWolf
Newly Registered

Postby Ungawa » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:50 am

Hmmm... Is anyone else having problems with Sonya's Ride crashing the game?
Ungawa

Postby sommur » Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:05 pm

Trade Problem.jpg
As you can see it shows an accepted offer even though I cant put items up for trade resulting in the trade not happening
I dont know why this happens, but for some reason I cant trade items anymore. No matter how much of an item I have, when trading i guess it doesnt register me having items to trade so it never shows the items at the bottom of the screen, meaning i cant continue quest lines or get materials. Anyone knows Why this happens or if there's a fix for it?
sommur
Newly Registered

Postby UnsungHero » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:35 am

the project has been abandoned due to personal issues... though he said he'd attempt to release 1.0 out some time to the public
UnsungHero

Postby coolness32 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:02 am

I don't even know where to download this game at and I want to try it!

Hopefully their personal issues end up being OK and dealt with.
coolness32

Previous

Return to Non-Flash Projects