[RPG Maker VX Ace] A Zombie's Life

The place to post non-Flash projects such as RPG maker games.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.
When posting content, please consider including a screenshot to help users to see what a game is like.

Re: [RPG Maker VX Ace] A Zombie's Life

Postby rpgfan650 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:35 am

Malak~ Wrote:Hate to say this but most of this does not make sense to me. The stats can go as high as 7 or 12 depending. ;)

Edit
It must have been the 0.5 version that allowed a player to exceed the max limit of 5 found in the previous versions. Does the +2 training limit still exist for increasing the stats?

I found my answer, the changed happen in the 0.4 version, but the change notes did not list this fact. So for two version, I haven't tried to increase my 5 stats.
rpgfan650

Postby Ungawa » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:04 am

Malak~ Wrote:Your post seems to lead into speculations... So I am not sure if you are asking or just theorizing. However I will summarize to the simplest answers to continue the vague route you are on.
1) There are
2) Again, there are
3) You will
4) That is already in the current version 0.6 beta.
5) I have the same questions, but I doubt they will be answered.
6) You need to explain the what has gone down. If your talking about maxing out things like stats or items I can assure you none of that has been changed.

A bit of column A and a bit of column B. I'm trying not to spoil the story but it seems to be leading to a conclusion that I'm starting to sniff out.

Also, for some reason I got a dog following me which I hadn't expected at all. Doesn't do anything but I'm like WTF since I found him.

In regards to stats, I seem to have maxed out certain stats at 4 like Health (Can't remember what it is off the top of my head) where before it was 7 hearts. So I thought it had been lowered since one of the earlier mods had it at much higher.
Ungawa

Postby Yamemai » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:44 pm

Ungawa Wrote:
Malak~ Wrote:In regards to stats, I seem to have maxed out certain stats at 4 like Health (Can't remember what it is off the top of my head) where before it was 7 hearts. So I thought it had been lowered since one of the earlier mods had it at much higher.

Toughness = Hearts (was in the New Game screen, as well as one of the help files)
This meaning you have 4 Toughness this time, but before, you had 7.... and/or you lost some and they haven't been fully restored.
Yamemai

Postby Malak~ » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:57 pm

Ungawa Wrote:In regards to stats, I seem to have maxed out certain stats at 4 like Health (Can't remember what it is off the top of my head) where before it was 7 hearts. So I thought it had been lowered since one of the earlier mods had it at much higher.

At the start when you pick your stats is where you can determine how "far" they can go. So your stats can go to 5 at the start screen, but not all and after that can only go up +2 maxing them out at 7.
So at best you could have 5,5,5,1, & 1 or a combination of such any that are lower than 5 still follow the same rules with just a +2. So if that stat was 1 it can only go to 3 max.
Can't wait for a response? Want a faster answer? Join me on Discord. https://discord.gg/Hk7jqkJ ;)
Malak~

Postby rpgfan650 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:03 pm

In version 0.6
The woman in the sewer. Any hints to her affiliations?

@N_Yah
My problem is the crafting requirements that use scrap metal.

Edit previous post deleted.
Last edited by rpgfan650 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
rpgfan650

Postby Malak~ » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:06 pm

Haven't had the time to get on here recently. Finished updating the main page to reflect the new public version is out for everyone to play! For those who have questions please post below and I will try to answer as best as I can. ;)
rpgfan650 Wrote:In version 0.6
The woman in the sewer. Any hints to her affiliations?

Sadly I have no idea of Leslie's origins or motives. I guess we will find out together. ;)
Can't wait for a response? Want a faster answer? Join me on Discord. https://discord.gg/Hk7jqkJ ;)
Malak~

Postby musical74 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:26 am

Woman in the sewers? Hmmmm...haven't seen her yet...wonder if I need to finish Isabelle's or Blaze's quest?

Even though it says *no chance* I do occasionally get scrap metal in the hotel, but it's very low probably.

My biggest concern right now is running away from the fast zombies when I am going way slow. I know it's easy to get over the max load and running away from the regular zombies is hard enough (but doable). Fast zombies when over encumbered would probably mean *lose of a heart/end of game*...
musical74

Postby Ungawa » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:36 am

You do Isabelle's quest, you'll run into her.
Ungawa

Postby Totsboy » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:31 pm

hey guys amazing work, but im stuck in a couple things

1: Many charachters have "scenes unlocked" but the condition to see those scenes are nowhere to be found(Abby and the teacher), i've tried taking abby out, like the kiss scene but it doesn't do anything, and for the teacher, i keep giving her food and water giving me no results
2: where the heck is the hospital? i got Blaze's quest to get her lucky handcuffs but couldn't find them anywhere

i'm playing the free public version, so if those things are differen in the patreon one disconsider ^^'

A couple of suggestions

A quest log with more detail
a slight increase in scrap metal drop rates
som indicator to quest itens, like aunt's insulin
Totsboy

Postby musical74 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:43 pm

I can answer the second question, sort of - you won't find the hospital until Isabelle directs you to it. I'm not sure why Isabelle is the reason though, if you get Blaze's quest first...
musical74

Postby Evangelion-01 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:33 pm

Most of Abbys scenes can only be accessed during morning training in the garden
as for Isabelle unlocking the hospital is since thats where you encounter patient 0 for the first time, he is also the one clearing the car to the hospital apparently
and you only learn about him from Isabelles fetch quest
Evangelion-01

Postby rpgfan650 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:28 am

Totsboy Wrote:a slight increase in scrap metal drop rates

It's not needed if you do Isabelle lab vial quest, A.S.A.P. I haven't been able to meet the requirements on day one. But I can do it on the second day.
rpgfan650

Postby Totsboy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:12 am

thx guys, i've been ablo to move forward now ^^
Totsboy

Postby Sun Quan » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:21 pm

Has anyone actually had the random Trader show up at your home that's mentioned in the v7 changes? I played for quite a while yesterday but no one ever appeared. I was wondering if it had anything to do with the choices you made with Leslie in the sewer, i.e. if you told her where you live or not. I found her in her building north of the Police Station and was able to trade with her through the door. That was it, though.
Sun Quan

Postby TheSarge » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:20 pm

So, maybe i'm dumb, but I can't seem to find a changelog on v7. Anyone kind enough to give a quick run down on what's new?
TheSarge
Newly Registered

Postby rpgfan650 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:51 am

TheSarge Wrote:So, maybe i'm dumb, but I can't seem to find a changelog on v7. Anyone kind enough to give a quick run down on what's new?

It's listed in the game directory help folder. You can find all the change logs in that folder.
rpgfan650

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:02 pm

Quick Bug report and then a Question

I sent Perez out to scavenge when I was running low on water, now she has completely vanished. I imagine it's probably some missing code to define when her scavenging is over. I guess it's a good thing I already unlocked everything for her.

The second thing is I notice that AuntXSis is a option but it doesn't say in the guide how to unlock that. Any hints?
Morals don't apply to me. I'm a Bear made of Cheese.
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby Destrocto » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:24 pm

rpgfan650 Wrote:
TheSarge Wrote:So, maybe i'm dumb, but I can't seem to find a changelog on v7. Anyone kind enough to give a quick run down on what's new?

It's listed in the game directory help folder. You can find all the change logs in that folder.

Except there is no version 7 out right now. He hasn't even changed his patreon.
Destrocto

Postby cheddaredgrizzly » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:46 pm

Destrocto Wrote:
rpgfan650 Wrote:

Except there is no version 7 out right now. He hasn't even changed his patreon.

Ummm...yes there is. I'll even paste the change log here

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

0.7 Change Set:

---

New Art:
* Perez V3 (Doggy gloryhole)
* Perez V4 (Hair pull)
* Mom / Sis Threesome
* Mom / Aunt Threesome
* Aunt / Sis Threesome
* Sis Struggle Scene Art (During Isabelle Drug Fetch Quest)
* Aunt Struggle Scene Art (During Isabelle Drug Fetch Quest)

---

Major Changes:

NOTE:
Relationship values are currently frozen. I'm going to be working on making the experience less linear and allowing a more fluid system of gaining relatinship that effects the dialogue. (Similar to UD.)

* Item Trading Interface (Bit of a bitch)
- You now have an interface when trading items
- It shows player inventory and trader inventory
- NPCs wont immediately accept a trade each item has a "worth" and the trade won't be accepted until the "worth" of their trading items matches yours
- Your "Talk" stat provides a modifier to this "worth" value (x1.X - where X is your talk stat)
* Chance a random trader will visit base camp
* Trader added to North West City (in formerly blocked building)
* Failing a struggle scene no longer results in game over
- Instead characters clothing begins to get torn off
- After 3 failures the character will become naked
- If the player fails a struggle scene when the character is naked then game over
* You can pick up clothes from the new clothing store (SW) and give them to NPCs
- This will future expand into different outfits
* You can now get NPCs to go with you when scavenging

---

Minor Changes:

* You now have to give Isabelle 8 items to start her questline, but medicine is now only worth 1
* Added small dialogue to the Sonya return scene
* Allowed Sis/Aunt to be selected during Isabelle drug fetch quest
* Fixed a fair few bugs
* The basic resources are no longer considered key items
* Key items can no longer be dropped
* You no longer have to come back after giving Sonya 5 items - she gives you the quest right away

And Also, yes he has changed his patreon. If you go down the posts it's the first one that pops up.
Morals don't apply to me. I'm a Bear made of Cheese.
cheddaredgrizzly

Postby theredfear » Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:44 am

Something with Perez's progress is blocked. I'm following the guide.

* Talk to her at the top floor of school on the right (+1 affection - 1 affection total)
* Give her 5 food and / or water (+1 affection - 2 affection total)
* She will tell you she doesn't have anything left to trade, give her a food or water (+1 affection - 3 affection total)
* Talk to her again and tell her she can't have items for free anymore. (Footjob scene, +1 affection - 4 affection total)

I gave her the 5 food, and then one more after revealing she had nothing to trade. But now whenever I refuse trade, she just refuses an offer to return home and says goodbye.
Last edited by theredfear on Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
theredfear

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Flash Projects